Start by marking “10 Weeks” as Want to Read:
10 Weeks

10 Weeks

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  312 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
10 weeks, 3 counsellors... summer love shouldn't be this complicated.

Kay-Kay has known Alex since she was first a camper. He's always been her friend, the guy who gets her more than anyone else. Now, she's nineteen and suddenly he's become more. But with so much of her life still ahead of her, Kay-Kay isn't sure if risking her heart will be worth risking her future.

Jody is
Published September 3rd 2012 by Next Door Publishing (first published August 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about 10 Weeks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 10 Weeks

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberSlammed by Colleen HooverThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
New Adult/Post HS books
248th out of 785 books — 2,005 voters
The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleySignificance by Shelly CraneExistence by Abbi GlinesAccordance by Shelly CraneDefiance by Shelly Crane
Best Indie YA/New Adult Books
466th out of 1,055 books — 2,152 voters

More lists with this book...

Laura's Book Addiction
10 Weeks by Jolene Perry and Janna Watts (Pen name for a new signed author to Simon & Schuster) is a enjoyable read for one of my favourite type of books called New Adult.

10 weeks is set in a Summer Camp and tells the story of 3 friends working at the camp.

Kay-Kay is the first story and my favourite out of all 3 just because it was so different and I loved that. Kay-Kay is in love with Alex who also works at the Camp but the trouble is she is 19 and he is 40. I loved loved how this story was
Fred
Aug 26, 2012 Fred marked it as to-read
Blurb soon, o beloved Jolene? No "B," I see, so there's a clue!
Juhina
Sep 15, 2012 Juhina rated it really liked it
Update (after finishing the book): this book is divided into three 60 page stories about each one of the girls at the summer camp. I'm going to do separate ratings for each one:

Kay Kay: 4 stars
Jody: 3.5 to 4 stars
Sam: 3 stars

----------------------------------

10 Weeks is part of a new emerging genre called New Adult. I am sure you have already heard about this genre and Jolene Perry even discusses above. 10 Weeks is set during 10 weeks of summer camp and is about three girls who are counselors. W
Melissa
Sep 20, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok
Meh... I honestly could not get into this one. I read all of Kay-Kay's story but only a couple of the chapters in Jody's story. Maybe it was the style of writing... Idk, but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I will try it again later... But for now I will stick with my rating. This book just didn't do it for me.
Alina Man
Sep 26, 2012 Alina Man rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is because it was just too short for me. Instead of dividing the book in three, i wish it was made into a trilogy. Each little story will leave you wanting for more.
Luisa
Jul 06, 2013 Luisa rated it liked it
Por fin pude leer el último capítulo >< me gustaron mucho las tres historias, cada una en su estilo particular :3 precaución, podrías morir de un coma diabético ^^
Jenna
Jun 06, 2014 Jenna rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
3 Friends, 1 Summer, 4 Stars!

Yep, 4 out of 5 stars! I have been reading some really good books lately.

Kay-Kay: She is a girl who knows what she wants and goes after it. She has her heart set on Alex a man twice her age. ( She is 19 and he is 40 )

Jo: She has just gotten out of a 2 year relationship with a counselor from the boys camp. They are both back for the summer. ( Awkward! ) She wants to move on and the hot new bartender could just be the one. And he's Irish! Need I say more?

Sam: She has
The Sweet Bookshelf
Oct 23, 2012 The Sweet Bookshelf rated it really liked it
This is the story of 3 girls and their summer working at a camp. They are the counselor's and this is their story. It's as if each girl gets her own novella and they are all compiled a book together. I loved it. I got just enough from each story/girl. This really made me want to go back to summer camp. Oh how I miss those times! I never got to go for longer than a week though, and that would have seriously been my bread and butter.

Kay-Kay
19 yrs old and in love with a 40 yr old. Sounds weird, bu
Nila
Oct 24, 2013 Nila rated it really liked it
An Enjoyable read about three friends that are counselors at a summer camp for young girls. Split into three separate stories about falling in love,first Alex and Kay-Kay;Alex is 21 years older than her so a relationship between them seems impossible to him.But Alex tries to deny that feels something for her.Kay-Kay can be very persuasive!
Second is Jody who has recently broke up and her ex-boyfriend who happens to be a counselor at the boys camp across the lake.On their first night out Jody mee
Sofia Lazaridou
Oct 14, 2012 Sofia Lazaridou rated it really liked it
Kay-Kay,Jody and Sam find love,admit they are in love and fight for it in 10 weeks.

We start with Kay-Kay and Alex.Alex is 21 years older than her so a relationship between them seems impossible to him.But Kay-Kay can be very persuasive when she wants to and Alex feels something for her.

Second is Jody who has recently broke up and her ex happens to be in the boys camp across the lake.On their first night out Jody meets Liam an Irish guy who has the girls and women drool over him.But he notices Jo
Christina Rodriguez
Oct 09, 2012 Christina Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Christina's BookReviews

(Separate rating for each story below)
RECAP:

Kay Kay and Alex have been friends since her first day of camp. This year she is determined to get him to finally notice her and her love for him. Even if that means breaking some rules. The problem is their relationship would be complicated. Alex is twice her age. Will this feisty 19yr old get her way? Or will her heart be broken?

Jody is having the worse summer ever. After a two year relationship her boyfriend Jeff dumps her wit
Joshua
Sep 17, 2012 Joshua rated it really liked it

The book focuses on three somewhat independent stories bound together by the space and time spent in a Wisconsin summer camp. While each of the three stories can be read as a stand-alone piece, they work synergistically creating a well crafted piece of fiction.

The three main protagonists at the outset seem to be quite different characters, and that helps in keeping thire stories differentiated. Despite these differences in personalities and life histories, they all are forced to navigate the un
Dibi
Nov 05, 2013 Dibi rated it really liked it
Me encantó. Aunque debieron haber sido tres libros en vez de tres historias en una, cuando se acababan simplemente quería mas y mas de ellos. Ame lo coqueta y frentera que era Kay-Kay, no te encuentras todos los días con un personaje como ella.
—Santo Thor. Lindo trasero.
Se da la vuelta y el más mínimo rubor se arrastra hasta su cuello. Ja. Lo tengo. Se recupera con otro bufido.
—¿Siempre dices exactamente lo que estás pensando?
Sonrío.
—Contigo lo hago. Tienes edad suficiente para ser mi padre, p
Levian
Nov 19, 2013 Levian rated it really liked it
Kay-Kay had new Alex since she was nine, attending summer camp. he had always been her friend, leading her and understanding her more than anyone else. now that she turned nineteen, Alex had became something more, but he was forty. she way she wanted him had her struggle whether giving her heart will be worth risking her future over. Jody wasn't the type of girl who went after the good-looking guys, she enjoyed the company of her steady boyfriend that she had been together for years. but when he ...more
Marian
Mar 20, 2015 Marian added it
Awwww. That was my first thought after finishing this book. The story focuses on 3 camp counselors as they each tackle their own romantic problems over the course of the summer.

Kay Kay's story was definitely my favorite. Her romance with Alex was definitely unconventional and unusual, but I'm a sucker for stories with much older men.

I related to Jody's story the most. I liked reading about her journey to taking chances and falling for Liam. And I'm glad she put Jeff in his place.

And last but not
Michael Burhans
Sep 23, 2012 Michael Burhans rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
An interesting book. YA introduced me to the idea of books with multiple authors writing from multiple points of view. This was interesting because it takes the same time frame at the same location and shows it from three different points of view. all three protagonists are very different, and yet I can see them as friends in the circumstances of the book. i found myself caring about all three, and even more about a small character that appears only in one of the stories. I'd like to see Paloma ...more
Luisa B.
Mar 29, 2015 Luisa B. rated it liked it
La verdad es que fue bastante meh.
La única protagonista que me llegó a medio gustar fue Kay-Kay... También su historia fue la única que me atrapó.
El resto es mas bien común y normalillo...

Reseña completa

Christan Stevens
Dec 02, 2012 Christan Stevens rated it really liked it
This wasn't my favorite Jolene book but I did like it. Kay-Kay, Jody, and Sam are returning camp counselors at an all girls summer camp. They each have their own issues they are avoiding and running away from back home. Jody's POV was definitely my favorite. I wasn't too fond of the other two characters because their personalities were annoying to me. Happy reading.
Nicole (Desperate for a Good Read)
I picked this one up because it revolved around summer camp - appropriate for summer. I left wanting more from each of these 3 short stories. I enjoyed them and they left me feeling light and happy. All in all 3 great reads.
Lisa
Dec 18, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the same 10 weeks of 3 different young women's experiences and thoughts. Would be nice for there to have been an epilogue so we know how each story ended or maybe another book...1 for each young woman !!
Alexis Alexander
Oct 01, 2012 Alexis Alexander rated it really liked it

3 stories in one... Good read , fast , but left me wanting to know more. I like to know how things "end" this book only started the stories but I guess that's what the whole " 10 weeks" was about lol
Marlyn
Apr 20, 2013 Marlyn rated it it was ok
Amé la historia de Kay-Kay & Alex, de verdad que si, pero las otras dos se me hicieron insoportables e interminables, me propuse terminar con este libro por eso lo logré, pero no era lo que esperaba
Leigh Moore
Oct 20, 2012 Leigh Moore rated it it was amazing
LOVE these stories!
They make me miss camp so much, although my camp experience was never this steamy--LOL!

The ONLY crit I *might* agree with was I wanted MORE! Good stuff~ :o)
Rita
Aug 26, 2013 Rita rated it really liked it
My favorite words were: "You are someone I could fall for. That I want to fall for. That I am falling for. I don’t want that to be over." Awwww! So cute! I melt.
Morgan
Jan 19, 2013 Morgan rated it liked it
Short and sweet. It was a quick read but I only wish that there was more about the characters. I didn't really like the endings for any of them.
I Love Romantic Fiction blog
3.5 Exactly what I wanted to read on a hot summer's day. Preferred Kay-Kay and Jo's stories more than Sam's, only because she was such hard work!
Crispi
Aug 15, 2013 Crispi rated it liked it
Una historia muy cuca, las dos primeras me han gustado bastante, la última....no tanto
Sharon
Oct 03, 2012 Sharon rated it it was ok
3 short stories about summer love.
Not good not bad, just ok.
Jessica Louise
Aug 14, 2013 Jessica Louise rated it it was amazing
Quick witted, a whole lot of laughs and plenty of fun!
Lucy
Oct 29, 2012 Lucy rated it it was amazing
Love Kay Kays story. Another great book!
  • Spill Over
  • He Loves Me...He Loves You Not...
  • Saving Grace
  • Come See About Me
  • A Toast to the Good Times
  • Inherit
  • The Truth About Faking (The Truth, #1)
  • Snowed Over
  • The Next Door Boys (Next Door Boys, #1)
  • Dizzy
  • Something Of A Kind
  • 3 Sides to a Circle
  • Heart Waves (Heart Waves, #1)
  • Click
  • Love Evolution (Brutal Strength, #1; Black Cat Records, #1)
  • Forever Changed
  • Freedom Road
  • If I Let You Go
Mia's a middle and high school teacher turned writer. She's obsessed with modern art, places with real museums, and In N Out Burger. She is more afraid of snakes than bears, rivers than oceans, and loves to sail. Writing smart, tough women and the men who can keep up with them is her passion. She is most often found sitting next to her computer with a bottle of Pellegrino and dark chocolate almond ...more
More about Mia Josephs...