Start by marking “Negotiating Skills” as Want to Read:
Negotiating Skills

Negotiating Skills (Boardroom Acts #2)

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  324 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Witnessing a private act leads to some interesting negotiations...

Software programmer Veronica James is struggling to make her new business a success. After finally landing a major account, she’s at risk of losing it all when she catches her new client Victor Rossi in a very compromising position. In an effort to regain the upper hand, Rossi insists on some sexy and compro
Published August 19th 2012 by Laurel Cremant (first published August 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Negotiating Skills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Negotiating Skills

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
So, I was playing around on my Kindle last night when I was trying to get sleepy since I had to get up early this morning, and I started reading this and didn't finish until I was done. That's a good sign indeed.

I love interracial romance, so I try to keep an eye out for good books. However, I don't love interracial erotica, and that can be a double-edged sword, since you don't know how erotic a book will get until you read it. And I miss out on some good writing because I tend to avoid all of i
Jojo
I was a little harsh with my rating because I just couldn't forgive Victor that easily. I confess that I'm the type of person that holds a grudge, but come on! The guy totally disrespected her. He treated her like a toy and used his position and power to humiliate her. Then just because deep down he was thinking of commitment and marriage we're led to overlook all he's done. Like marriage is some kind of magic spell that makes all the problems go away,that cleans all the score so people can star ...more
Dina
Jan 25, 2014 Dina rated it liked it
Recommended to Dina by: Freebie from All Romance Ebooks
3 1/2 stars (rounded down to 3 stars, because I didn't like how easily Victor's sexual harrassment against Ronnie was "justified")

"Favorite" quote:
He yanked his wallet from his back pocket, quickly removing a condom, and rolling it down his length.
(...)
He heard her gasp out his name just before (...) her release dripped down his cock.
He roared out his release, his dick jerking deep inside of her, his cum mingling with hers.

How did that happen? Did the condom broke? Based on the following scene,
TheFountainPenDiva
Let me begin by saying I really liked Veronica James. I love geek women characters and what could fire my happy jets even more than a smart and tough software programmer who obviously knows her stuff. That was a nice touch and I thank Ms. Cremant for her attention to detail without turning the book into a C++ manual.

Now for the downside: I get they're a fantasy, but employer/employee romances can sometimes be problematic due to the inherent power inequity that isn't always realistically resolved
DeLeetra Staley
Oct 05, 2012 DeLeetra Staley rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Negotiating Skills by Laurel Cremant (Great Short Read)
A short novella with all the traits of a full length novel that is hot, hot, hot. Veronica is a strong, independent woman trying to make her way in a male dominated field. She is cute and funny I absolutely adored her. Victor is an alpha male who needs someone on his team that can do the job. These two come together in an explosive head on collision that leaves them both confused and aching. I don’t know about everyone else, but I enjoyed Ve
Sheri
May 03, 2013 Sheri rated it liked it
hmmmmm,
I liked Ronnie.
I liked Victor.
I liked them together.
I didn't like the what that brought them together.
Nope, not a fan of peeping Tomette's. Not a bit.
Jody
Dec 17, 2012 Jody rated it it was amazing
When reading novellas there's usually a feeling of missing out due to its shortened length. I never felt that here though. I felt like we got to fully know both Victor and Veronica, both at work and in private. Seeing the softer, more jovial side of them made them more endearing and likable and had me rooting for a relationship that actually seemed important to both rather than just a power trip for the boss.

Victor is self-assured and always goes after what he wants like a bulldozer. He's not us
constance
Jan 10, 2014 constance rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-freebie
I'm rather torn about this one. I really liked both the beginning and the ending of this novella. But the middle really turned me off.
Veronica is a computer programmer, trying to make a success of her own business and she knows she can doing if only she can land that one big client. Victor is the CEO of a multimillion dollar corporation that is in need of a good programmer. When Vanessa comes in for an interview there are immediate sparks, but the first rule of business is to never mix it with
Mspraise50
Dec 31, 2013 Mspraise50 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, sweet read which had me laughing out loud especially when Victor discovers he has been caught out in that compromising situation by Veronica!
Emelia Hayes
Oct 04, 2012 Emelia Hayes rated it really liked it
A hot, spicy tale with an unusual situation and likeable characters.
Katy
Jun 30, 2013 Katy rated it liked it
Minimal sparks fly in the office of Victor Rossi when Veronica enters his office to make a proposal to save his company from software meltdown. In fact, the reader is hardly aware of their mutual attraction until after the meeting when they can't stop thinking about each other. This doesn't make for the strongest start to the story.

However, once we realize Veronica is super into her new boss, we find out that it also terrifies her. Not wanting to mix business and pleasure, she tries avoiding hi
KBeautiful1
Feb 08, 2014 KBeautiful1 rated it it was amazing
Hot! Hot! Hot! Read...I loved the fact that the consummation didn't take place until towards the very end of the book.

Its not often that you get a scene like that. Like the author Laurel Cremant stated, It was clearly an ode to the Harlequin Romance of old days when the very act didn't happen till towards the end LOL!!

Victor and Veronica both head strong individuals fighting an attraction that was practically consuming them both. When they did finally come together it was extremely explosive Woo
Anino
This was a fun & not to mention, "quick" read that was well paced with interesting characters... I read this IRR in just over 1 hour. My only complaint is that the author did not include an epilogue. Other than that, it was good.

Giving this one 3 solid stars.
Milena's Book Corner
Apr 13, 2013 Milena's Book Corner rated it it was amazing
Oh yeah baby...I really enjoyed this one. Read it all in one sitting as I couldn't put it down. Great quick sexy, steamy read with exciting characters.
Amanda P
Rating 3.5

It was quick and entertaining. Our hero made up for his douche proposal of the "new terms" of their contract.
Tiffany
May 07, 2014 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
Negotiating Skills was the second book that I’ve read by Laurel Cremant and I loved it!! Victoria was hoping she was going to get a job working for Victor’s company. You tell from the very beginning there was an attraction there between the two of them. One night Victoria catches Victor in a compromising position in his office and he is determined to get her back by changing some things in her contract. After that night in Victor’s office things definitely changes between the two of them. The ch ...more
Brooke
Dec 12, 2013 Brooke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the most boring romance novel ever written, I wanted a quick read with some hot sex. I wasn't disappointed.

The gist: Veronica is a computer programmer and Victor is need of a good programmer. He hires her as an independent consultant and then she inadvertently ends up watching him jack off in his office. He decides to renegotiate their contract in order for him to regain the upper hand. The sexual tension boils over and they have a happily ever after.

I have to be honest, this book
A.R. Von
Nov 03, 2012 A.R. Von rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book! For a short it was extremely satisfying and the build… AMAZING! Negotiating Skills lived up to its title that’s for sure. It’s a very entertaining, fun, funny, intense and exciting read that will be stuck in your mind for some time after you are through reading. Anyone who enjoys a great story with an incredible build to a steamy romance will adore Negotiating Skills :)

Veronica is a smart, snarky, independent, driven and attractive woman that has branched out into h
Diamond Drake
Jun 16, 2014 Diamond Drake rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Negotiating Skills. I liked Victor and Veronica and was excited to see how things would pan out between them. The slow, teasing build up was good and I enjoyed the humor as well. I'd definitely be interested in reading more from this author.
Suze
Feb 18, 2015 Suze rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won from author in TRR 2013 Summer Party
A sexy story in the Brooding Billionaire CEO versus feisty underdog trope.
Firstly, set aside all thoughts of sexual harrassment lawsuits and accept it as a sexy story. I thought the writing style was good - kept me in the story and kept it moving. Its a shortish book but the story didnt feel short - it played over a long period and I felt i had enough background on Ronnie to get a good feel for her. Though it wouldnt have given us a story, I felt she'd have been more likely to tell Victor to stu
Bennita
Ronnie and Victor were a lot of fun to read about. They were both stubborn, strong-willed professionals that have to be in control.

Ronnie lands a job with Victor's company and although she'd attracted to him, she remains professional until she catches him in a compromising position and she is forced to play by Victor's rules.

Although Victor initially comes across as cocky and in complete control, Ronnie changes everything and he begins to look at his future goals differently. Ronnie's characte
TJ
Mar 31, 2014 TJ rated it liked it
It was okay....however there were things she could've done to get herself out of the situation she found herself in. At the same I think she should've kicked him in the chest when he wanted tick for tack.
Arthea
Mar 31, 2014 Arthea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok

Ok

nothing. started out really good. just wished author would have omitted the hiding behind the sofa part. so immature for a business woman.
Jasmine
May 21, 2014 Jasmine rated it really liked it
I really couldn't get enough of this book. I couldn't sleep due, to wanting to know what happens next. So I got back up and finished reading it. This book aims to please.
Nico
The worst plot. The worst heroine. And a hero who's got me just like brr? Didn't enjoy it.
Linda Fuchs
Mar 15, 2014 Linda Fuchs rated it it was amazing
Wonderful romance

Series
Charlotte
Simple quick read

Light, simple short story with good flow making for a pleasant read. Predictable storyline from start to finish, but the characters are likeable.
Taria Reed
I really enjoyed this story. Even though it was a short read I liked the characters and wanted to go have drinks with them. FO REAL!!!!

The characters were sassy, intelligent, and likeable. I would have loved to have seen this as a full novel, but if this novella was all I could have then I'm cool with that.

story 4
narrator 4

the narrator had an awesomely rich sexy voice with a touch of sass. Kudos!
Charity
May 17, 2014 Charity rated it really liked it
I struggled between a 3.5 and 4 rating for this book because there were so many editing errors, but ultimately I am going with 4 because it is a damn good story.

If you enjoy an office romance, game of cat and mouse, and a steamy surrender to desire than you will enjoy this read. I was hooked from page one and I loved both characters.

Great read, it just needs cleaned up a little.
Fans of Interraci...: Negotiating Skills by Laurel Cremant 5 21 Oct 08, 2012 01:01PM
  • The Wrong Man (Love Unexpected #2)
  • Colorblind (Moonlight, #2)
  • Tempting Turner (The Men of CCD, #3)
  • Elah's Plaything (Playthings #3)
  • Unchained Hearts (Baxter Family Saga Book 1)
  • Funny Valentine
  • Baby Wanted (A Bundle of Joy)
  • The Perfect Storm (The Blake Boys, #6)
  • Last Call
  • Strollers and Stilettos (In Stilettos, #4)
  • Remember Me
  • Her Venice Affair (The Albury Affairs, #1)
  • Served Sweet (Best Revenge, #3)
  • Falling
  • The Tycoon's Socialite Bride (In Love with a Tycoon, #1)
  • Finding Opa! (The Lonely Hearts, #2)
  • Strange Little Band: Two Psychics. One Mega-Corp. All-Around Bad Behavior.
  • Marine With Benefits (Always a Marine, #16)
Laurel is a romance author, who like most writers loves to read. She has no one favorite genre to read because she believes "a good story is a good story" regardless of what genre it's published under. However, her first love (pun intended) is romance. From the sappy romantic chick flick, the sappy YA romance novel to the more risque erotica novels, Laurel is a sucker for a good love story.

Laurel
More about Laurel Cremant...

Boardroom Acts (2 books)
  • Persuasion Skills (Boardroom Acts, #1)