Start by marking “Bait & Switch” as Want to Read:
Bait & Switch

Bait & Switch

Grant “Mitch” Mitchell is a cop accustomed to bailing out his charming, irresponsible twin, but his brother’s never been mixed up with a criminal before. The plan to get his twin out of trouble is a simple bait and switch.

Mitch will go undercover as his brother to gather enough evidence to put the bad guy in jail. It seems easy enough until a blond knockout shows up on his
ebook
Published August 5th 2011 by Smashwords (first published October 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Bait & Switch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bait & Switch

Jacqueline
Sep 28, 2010 Jacqueline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Leah and Suzanne, most definitely!
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Impulse buy
Very, very - very rarely does a contemporary romance ever enthrall me to the point that reading its story becomes not just entertaining, but addictive. Thankfully that's not a harden fast rule, for Bait & Switch really grabbed me from the first page. It took hold of my shirt and refused to let go!

The plot, for starters, was so unique. Perhaps not in such similar novels of its equivalent, what with two identical twins switching identities, but in comparison to most contemporary romances, it c
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelfari-humor
352pgs, After switching places with his identical twin to catch a criminal, Mitch is the one who's hooked - on his brother's girl!
Grant "Mitch" Mitchell is a cop accustomed to bailing out his charming, irresponsible twin, but his brother's never been mixed up with a criminal before. The plan to get his twin out of trouble is a simple bait and switch.
Jenifer
Oct 30, 2014 Jenifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Take two mirror-image twins, two confused women, and a whole lot of confusion and what do you get? A very fun little romance.

Grant Mitchell (call him Mitch) is a cop who has agreed to switch places with his twin brother Cary in order to catch a criminal and save Cary from going to jail. He just didn't expect the gorgeous blonde babe to come knocking on his brother's door in anger leaving Mitch only one course of action, win back his brother's girlfriend. There is just one big problem: Peyton is
This was a fun, lighthearted read! I've never read a twin-switch novel, but this one had a good plot and carried out what might be a cheesy storyline rather well.

Cary Mitchel is the irresponsible and reckless twin while Grant Mitchell is the responisble, cop twin. When Cary gets into trouble, he asks Grant to switch places with him in hopes that Grant will solve the mess he got into. So, in the beginning, I disliked Cary. He was obviously careless and didn't seem to worry about what might happe
Linda
Darlene Gardner takes the 'twins' scheme to the next level. Two identical brothers, but with completely different personalities, run into a situation that puts the life of Peyton McDowell in danger. Grant Mitchell, 'Mitch', is the responsible one. He attempts to save his brother Cary from another run-in with the law. Peyton mistakes Mitch for Cary and the adventures begins. Without giving the story away, both confusion and misunderstandings turn into amusing romps for both brothers.

Surprisingly
Jessica
Cute romance, not much depth too it. (Not that I was expecting much) I enjoyed reading it...its something I would recommend for poolside or beach reading.
Rashika Deo
I loved the situations the responsible one had to through. was a wonderful read.
Melissa
Aug 18, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gotta say this got me on a huge kick of twins switching! Wonders idly if there are triplet switching stories...lol! I love this author! I could not put this down! I did get this free through iTunes...but just recently for my Kindle I swiped it up quick for my ever growing library! I did cave and buy some other books of Darlene's. Fantastic writer that I definitely recommend!
Clarke
The description sounded cute and fun so I was excited about this book... I didn't get more then a couple chapters in before I had to put the book down. Cary was more selfish and Grant more gullible then I was expecting. What really bugged me was their half assed plan to fix everything (you can see the problems coming) I might give this book another go at a later date...
Marilyn
Aug 18, 2012 Marilyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: it-s-okay
I just cannot get into this book. It jumps and changes so much, but thats not the problem. The problem is it doesn't hold interest. I just cannot seem to dive into it like I normally do. The twin aspect is good. The bad guy was a surprise. But....just can't get into it.
puppitypup
Contemporary Romance. Downloaded for free. Being an identical twin, I usually steer clear of the good twin / bad twin genre, they leave me with bad taste in my mouth. This was no different. I finished it, but that's about the best I can say.
Kathy Spitzer
Feb 06, 2013 Kathy Spitzer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good light read
Rianne Florendo
Rianne Florendo rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Simone Perren
Simone Perren marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Shari Lee
Shari Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Vaishnavi Chandrasekaran
Vaishnavi Chandrasekaran marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Pandora
Pandora rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Hope
Hope rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Elane
Elane rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Amy Jo
Amy Jo rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2016
K.R. Steam
K.R. Steam marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Kendyl Walker
Kendyl Walker rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
  • Twin Passions
  • The Law and Miss Penny (Law and Disorder, #1)
  • Another Dawn
  • Hot Under the Collar (Lords of Lancashire #2)
  • Hidden Legacy
  • Innocent Deceptions
  • Little White Lies
  • Family Honor (A Cop in the Family, #3)
  • Marriage in Name Only (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #620)
  • The Crimson Castle
  • True Colours
  • Love in the Falls: Sam & Camden (New Beginnings, #3)
  • Under the Covers
  • Her Honor's Bodyguard
  • Take A Deep Breath
  • Stolen Promise
  • The Undertaker
  • Take My Heart
Darlene Gardner left her life as a newspaper sportswriter behind for love and romance. She has more than 30 books in print, from single-title romantic comedies to emotionally charged family dramas. She’s currently self publishing updated editions from her backlist and working on a series of Young Adult romances with paranormal elements. That is, when she’s not playing tennis.
More about Darlene Gardner...