Start by marking “Bargain in Bronze (Flirting To Win, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bargain in Bronze (Flirting To Win, #1)

Bargain in Bronze (Flirting to Win #1)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  752 ratings  ·  75 reviews
If you can’t take the heat…

Entrepreneur Libby Harris’s specialty is making her famous muesli. So when an Olympic hopeful invites her to his flat to make her delicious cereal, she’s bewildered when his brother Jack walks in, accusing her of trying to ruin his brother’s career. Libby has every intention of staying single, but with Jack around, no way can she suppress the per
Published August 18th 2012 by Entangled Publishing (first published August 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bargain in Bronze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bargain in Bronze

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstHoliday Affair by Annie SeatonItalian Affair by Annie SeatonThe Reluctant Wife by Bronwen EvansBlackmailed by the Italian Billionaire by Nina Croft
Indulgence Collection
29th out of 68 books — 182 voters
Vanilla on Top by C.J. EllissonSeducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnWrong Bed, Right Guy by Katee Robert
Entangled Books
130th out of 324 books — 265 voters

More lists with this book...

D.G.
I think this book had the potential of at least 100 more pages, I'm really not sure why the author didn't try for more! The beginning was very cute and the first love scene was hot but once they got together, there was a lot of fade to black, as if the author wanted to speed up their relationship.

Libby's concerns made sense but we never knew if she had ever had tests to determine whether she inherited her parents' issues - was she just assuming she was going to die young based on her parent's hi
Kate
A fun, flirty novella! Natalie Anderson wrote a book with strong characters, a clear backstory and a romance that seemed "real" in less than 100 pages (and better than some writers do in twice as many pages).
Jenny - Book Sojourner
3-1/2 to 4 stars

Cute read. Jack & Libby were fun. Liked the rowing and museli quirks to the book. A quick and easy read.
Mitsy
This short book is all about Jack and Libby. Yes, they have a romance. Yes, they are two adults who have endured a lot. Yes, the book ends too quickly. Yes, I want more. Yes, I love the way Natalie Anderson writes. Yes, it is a wholly believable romance. Yes, I still want more. It is worth reading. I will read more books by Ms. Anderson.
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
A fun, flirty, sexy novella....I should probably add delicious to the mix too!

I'm never going to be able to look at a bottle of Maple Syrup quite the sameway again...to find out why you've got to read this book.

For a Novella this book had enough emotion and depth to pack the same punch as a full lenght novel. Great characters and an engaging storyline make for a very satisfying read!
Melissa Maxwell
I really enjoyed the story and the writing style of the writer. Libby was a delight of a character. She was equally strong and vulnerable at appropriate times. Jack was a wonderful male lead. He was caring and over protective of his family. He thought she would distract his Olympic bound brother Tom but it turned out she was his much needed distraction. The book was nice sweet and short.
Jessica
Loved it but wanted more of the after story
Charlie (Letter Trails)
"You know, you were right about me. That kiss wasn't impulsive. I've been plotting it for hours now."

Please be reminded that 2 stars means "it's okay" so this doesn't suck at all. It's just that I don't like it that much. I understand that this is a novella but I was expecting for more. Instant attraction is okay and expected but jumping into bed that fast was quite off. Both of them weren't looking for a long-term relationship and was quite reluctant, right? Or did I get that wrong?

For both
Nas Dean
BARGAIN IN BRONZE by author Natalie Anderson is an Entangled Publishing release for August 2012.

Libby Harris was just making muesli for an Olympic trainee, but his brother mistook her for Tom's girlfriend. Jack Barnes was just being protective of his younger brother. But he couldn't deny the sizzling awareness he felt for Libby. But what type of a brother would make a move on his younger brother's girl?

Then he asked Libby if she was interested in his brother and hearing her deny any involvement,
Stacey Wright
This was a quick basic read. It didn't really have any emotion to it. It wasn't a bad book but i lacked a lot of depth.

The 'break up' part of the story was quite rubbish. Its was so basic that it hurt. I dont think reading short books are for me. I like to read about a happy ever after not a book that says at the end that they should take it one day at a time.

It wasnt really my type of book, but it was alright.
Anastasia
I picked this up for free on Amazon. I have to say the characters jumped into bed rather quickly (and with very little chemistry), and then the second-thought reasoning as to why they couldn't have a relationship did not convince me at all.
I'm a fan of Entangled's books, but if you take out the sex, there wasn't much to this story.
Tracy
This was a quick, but cute and endearing read. It is sometimes refreshing to read something without the constant back and forth denial of one another's feelings towards each other, unlike so many romance reads nowadays. This was sweet, short and sexy...great freebie read!
Nitzan Schwarz
~Got it as free-ebook~
A nice, fast read.
I rather thought Libby took things very extremely, with her defense. but I liked that it was solved quickly. Not much anguish, which I thought was good for this story.
Monica Grimm
I found it increasingly difficult to read this book. While the characters were perfectly likable, I had a hard time with the plot. All I could really distinguish is that he is in lust with her and that she is hot for him, and they end up sleeping together and then BAM, they're in love. I never really saw the actual development of their feelings for one another, the only thing I had to go off of was what the author said was going on. I didn't believe the changes in their relationship.

It was a ver
Melissa

I enjoyed this short read. I have got to say the shower scene was my favorite!! I might have to go get some maple syrup now :)
Paige
2.5

BARGAIN IN BRONZE was a basic read. It lacked in making that deep connection, but it wasn’t a bad book. If it had been longer, I think more could have been done to make this ‘wow’.

Jack Barnes has had to be both brother and parent to his two younger brother and sister. His brother, Tom is days away from competing in the Olympics in the national lightweight rowing division and when Jack find Libby Harris in is home, cooking for Tom, he isn’t going to let anyone distractions by him.

Libby is a
Nina
Bargain in Bronze by Natalie Anderson was such a delightful read! I took a chance on this and wasn't sure what to expect considering it was free (on Amazon) and by an author who was new to me. However, I loved the blurb and dived right in. What a pleasant surprise! Bargain in Bronze had everything that I was looking for: engaging characters, humor, a huge dose of sexy, and a fun plot.

The book description did a fine job of describing what the story's about so I won't regurgitate it. All I'll say
Princess
After reading Blame it on the Bikini I was expecting to really like anything by Natalie Anderson but this one was just ok for me. The story was cute but I think because it was so short that the romance felt a bit rushed. Maybe if it was a bit longer with a bit more detail with the relationship development instead of just straight sex all the time I would've liked it more.
Melissa
"Bargain in Bronze" started out pretty well. It seemed like there was going to be a good plot and/or cliffhanger leading into a full length novel. The characters weren't well developed but there wasn't a lot of time to do that. I would have loved to learn more about Jack and Libby. The story bounced around a bit and I felt there were scenes or parts missing.
Kerry
Nov 12, 2014 Kerry rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Kerry by: self
This was predictable with the same cliche as she was beautiful with a perfect body and he was beautiful and had a better body than that of a guy that works out in the gym. Really? The chemistry seemed rushed and they were in bed about 30% into the book. You get what you pay for which it was free.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Libby Harris is a copywriter by day and by night muesli creator. When champion rower Tom Barnes asks her to personally make her muesli for him she jumps at the chance. Jack Barnes doesn't know who this strange woman is standing in his apartment but he certainly wants her gone. Jack hopes this isn't another of his little brother Tom's ideas so close to his next meet. Jack admires Libby's spunk and determination after losing her place of business to fire. Libby finds herself attracted to Jack and ...more
Mary Havlovic
Libby makes an awesome museli which she sells to Tom, a rowing candidate for an Olympic gold. He swears by her museli and must eat it daily. It's his lucky talisman. His brother Jack becomes attracted to Libby. Both have been hurt in the past by family tragedies. Jack and Libby become attracted to each other but are afraid to allow themselves to fall in love as they fear another loss in their lives. Libby suffered the loss of her commercial kitchen in a fear and Jack makes arrangements for her t ...more
Robin
Mar 02, 2014 Robin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
This book has one of the hottest sex scenes I have ever read! Natalie Anderson definitely knows how to get your heart to thumping! Can't wait to read more of her work!
Esther
This is my first Natalie Anderson book. I really enjoyed her writing. For such a short book, she brought the characters to life, writing living, breathing, three dimensional people. This book was a freebie, so the reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the story felt rushed. I would have really liked to hear a lot more about Jack and Libby. There are more books I'm the series, and I'm now a reading a preview the sequel built into this book, but to my disappointment it isn't about Tom, Jack' ...more
Christina Montminy
was a quick but fun read. Jack & Libby are cute in the can't keep their hands off one another way after their initial falling out. Jack thinks she's trying to get to his younger brother, rowing champion set for the up coming Olympics Tom. Libby can't believe Jack thinks she's trying to seduce Tom with her special muesli. She doesn't do long term because of a painful past & Jack doesn't either but neither can stop the freight train headed their way. It's cute, fun & heart warming. Wou ...more
Beate
One of the cute ones with an actual plot. Set in London for a change, I felt right 'at home' with this book. A huge misunderstanding and a few mishaps later these characters get together with a boom. Both guarding their hearts and both afraid of a relationship, they're afraid of what they're starting to feel for each other. With how short this book is, there wasn't a lot of room to explore the characters deeper, but I still feel the author did these characters justice.

Recommended unless you're s
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is a quick, read it and finish it before your coffee get cold, sort of book.

I enjoyed it but it could have been so much more and some parts either didn't get explained or just don't make sense, like the part where Libby is worried about her health after what happened to her parents. Because of this she is supposed to have turned into a commitment-phobe but decides in a very short period of time that she was wrong and everything's hunky-dorey.

Saying that though, this was okay. It was a pleas
Rhonda
This was a fun read. I really liked the chemistry between Jack and Libby. It was scorching. They couldn’t deny it if they wanted too. The misunderstanding at the beginning of the book was hilarious as well. And meddling siblings are one of my favorites. I really liked how the two met all over some health food cereal. I find it very creative that the author came up with something like that. To see my full review: http://wp.me/p3a6Qw-1z
Amanda Grooms
Good story; I liked Jack and Libby a lot. I also enjoyed the depth of the story and learning about their shared grief and how they were healing together. I agree with other comments about this story being short... I would've preferred longer, but it was still enjoyable. Not Natalie Anderson's best, but I am hooked on her and will read anything she publishes!
  • Seducing Avery
  • Crazy Love (Looking for Love, #2)
  • The Spanish Billionaire's Hired Bride
  • Too Darn Hot
  • The Boss and Her Billionaire
  • Match Me (Me, #1)
  • The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington, #1)
  • Blackmailed by the Italian Billionaire
  • Stealing Mercy
  • The Rent-A-Groom
  • Date by Mistake
  • Kiss and Make Up
  • The Pink Rose: Secrets, Love and Betrayal (The Wilsons, #1)
  • Summer Lovin' (Seasons of Love #1)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • A Vengeful Affair
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • Going Nowhere

USA TODAY bestseller Natalie Anderson writes fun, frisky, feels-good contemporary romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon, Entangled Publishing and independently. With over thirty books published, she's also been a Romantic Times Award nominee & a finalist for the R*BY (
More about Natalie Anderson...
Breathe for Me (Be for Me, #1) Taming His Tutor (Entangled Brazen) Blame It on the Bikini First Time Lucky? Bared for Me (Be for Me, #2)