Start by marking “Seni Kalbime Yazdım (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Seni Kalbime Yazdım (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3)

Seni Kalbime Yazdım (Legend of the Four Soldiers #3)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  10,048 Ratings  ·  523 Reviews
YARALI BİR KALP
Münzevi Sör Alistair Munroe, Amerikan kolonilerinden hem ruhuna hem de bedenine aldığı yaralarla döndüğünden beri kalesinden dışarıya hiç çıkmamıştır. Ancak gizemli bir güzellik onun kapısında belirdiğinde, yıllarca içinde gizleyip bastırdığı tutkuları uyanmaya başlar.

GİZEMLİ BİR GEÇMİŞİ OLAN GÜZELE
Dillere destan güzellikteki Helen Fitzwilliam’ın geçmişinde
Published August 2012 by Pegasus Yayınları (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Seni Kalbime Yazdım, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seni Kalbime Yazdım

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)

To Beguile a Beast takes a tried and true romance theme and does it justice. In this case, the Beauty is the fugitive mistress of a powerful duke, who takes her children to start a new life, not as a kept woman, but as a legitimate housekeeper. The Beast is a naturalist who was tortured by Indians in the colonies, as the result of an ambush against British soldiers.

The writing flows and compels. The romance not only involves Helen and Alistair, but also the bond that develops between Alistair a
Viri
Mar 11, 2017 Viri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gustó mucho! Creo que es de los mejores libros que he leído en romance histórico. Sus personajes son complejos y en especial Alistair.

Amo a los personajes torturados más que a la comida (bueno, casi jjajjaa) y Alistair es uno de los que más han sufrido.

Es un hombre marcado por su pasado y sin esperanzas de ningún tipo de futuro hasta que conoce a Helen...

Me encantó su personalidad y la de los niños... tengo algo con los niños en los libros Haha me parece que aportan ternura y frescura a la h
Duchess Nicole

The Beauty and the Beast theme always captivates me. I think the only one I like more is a Cinderella story. But there's so much to be said for a strong man who lives a tragic life until something beautiful comes along to make him live again. I think the metaphor is even more important than the ugly/pretty trope. You shouldn't live only for aesthetic beauty. There is so much more to a person than their looks. And Alistair learns that just because Helen is beautiful doesn't mean that she cares th
Julie (jjmachshev)
Nov 11, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
Yet another heart-wrenching tale of a tortured (literally) hero that had me wavering between tears and smiles. Elizabeth Hoyt's latest 'Four Soldiers' tale, "To Beguile a Beast", was one of the more touching and VERY romantic stories I've read this year. My emotions are still careening about but as long as I remember the ending I can still smile.

Helen has finally made her escape from the cold and arrogant Duke of Lister. After he seduced her as a young girl and she bore him two children, she fin
Fani *loves angst*
Lovers of Beauty and the Beast tale, will certainly love this exceptional romance. Helen, former mistress of the Duke of Listair, has decided to leave her long-time protector taking their children away with her. But knowing how reluctant the duke is at being deprived of 'things' he believes he owns even if he doesn't care for them, she has to hide as far away from him as she can. Which brings her to Sir Alistair's remote castle in Scotland.

Sir Alistair is a naturalist. He is also one of the sur
Daniella
Jul 14, 2015 Daniella rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Things were going on perfectly until Alistair called the heroine a "whore" after learning about her past. I'm sorry, but my heart just broke at that point. That was just so disrespectful and nothing in the world could make me forgive him for such cruelty. Hello? Helen had lain with ONE MAN. A MAN THAT SHE LOVED. I think that hardly qualifies as whoring.

God. How could you be so cruel, Alistair??????? Isaac from The Ice Princess handled the situation better and gave Coral her due respect. FUCK YO
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in the Legend of the Four Soldiers series by Elizabeth Hoyt. My favorite of the series so far but I've really enjoyed them all immensely. Just one more to go. This one has a beauty and the beast theme. Alistair, the hero, is not a macho alpha type. He's a scarred recluse devoting his life to research and studies. Then a lovely woman, Helen, barges into his life to be his housekeeper. This is no light fluffy romance (which I do love) but a heart-wrenching and touching romance betwe ...more
Claudia
Apr 07, 2017 Claudia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡No me ha durado nada! Y pensar que lo empecé un poco insegura; pero me ha encantado, es lo primero que leo de Hoyt y pienso repetir pronto. Por cierto que el salvaje no es tal, al contrario, me ha resultado encantador :)
Milica's Bookshelf

Svidela mi se, nisam mogla da prestanem da čitam do poslednje strane. Zaista sam uživala u ovoj priči. Jako mi se dopalo što tema knjige vuče na "Lepotica i zver". <3 Jedino mi zasmetalo što priča nije bila malo više fokusirana na izdajnika kao prethodne, ali zato sad jedva čekam da pročitam poslednju knjigu.
Alistar je pustinjak, heroj sa ožiljcima koji živi povucenim životom, posvećen svojim istraživanjima i studijama. Onda Helen, divna žena, dolazi da mu bude domaćica.
Ovo nije lagana roman
Rane
Mar 28, 2009 Rane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: georgian-era
I loved it, it hooked me in and didn't let go until the very last page. Although, I was a little disappointed it didn't focus a little more on the traitor like the other books and Alistair trauma with living with his scars, it did show him moving on and accepting himself and Helen.
Penny Watson
Jun 21, 2009 Penny Watson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cool-dogs
To Beguile A Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt

When I first read Elizabeth Hoyt's debut novel, The Raven Prince, I was amazed. The last time I read a debut novel and thought, Holy Mother, here's a new author I am already addicted to, was the book Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan. (If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it!) The Raven Prince had a preposterous premise for the book, but nevertheless, Hoyt's writing is so fabulous that I truly didn't care. I absolutely fell in love with her "hero"- and I use
Audrey
Apr 29, 2012 Audrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
4-4.5 stars. Great "Beauty and the Beast"-themed historical romance with interesting, flawed characters and a very clever resolution to the suspense element. Really, this story was very well done, and the sexytimes were smokin' hot. As always, I loved Elizabeth Hoyt's trademark fairy tale story that unfolded over the course of the book in the chapter introductions. This book is my favorite of the Four Soldiers series thus far.

A couple of quibbles kept me from giving it five stars, but that may v
Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide
I really loved this book. It was nice to get away from your basic mundane romances with the same story lines. This was different and refreshing and not at all 'mainstream'. The hero and heroine are in their early 30's. No young first time love in this story. The hero, Alistair, is scarred, reclusive and a loner. Scarred/tortured heroes have become quite a popular genre, but many of those heroes have scars that can be covered if needed or even easily overlooked. That is not the case with Alistair ...more
Sarah MacLean
wow. elizabeth hoyt, you've done it again.
LOVED it.
Verity
Mar 01, 2009 Verity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of spunky heroines, scarred, one-eyed heroes, reluctant master - fiery housekeeper romance
Shelves: hoyt-elizabeth
After reading TBAB’s preview in the mediocre ‘To Seduce A Sinner’, I had sky-high hopes, ‘cuz it has all the much-loved ingredients : heart-warming Beauty & the Beast theme, a brutally scarred, reclusive, naturalist hero who lives in a gloomy & dusty castle, a doggie, kids, Scotland setting, what can a gal ask for more ? Suffice it to say that none of EH’s other books have quite lived up to ‘The Raven Prince’ = EH’s ‘Gold Standard’. TBAB is a slow burner, but it fulfills its potential to ...more
Jane Stewart
Apr 08, 2012 Jane Stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the audiobook might be better than the book. I adored the sex scenes.

STORY BRIEF:
Helen has been mistress to a Duke for 14 years and has two children from him. She fears he may take her children away, so she flees with the children. A friend suggests she become a housekeeper to Alistair in Scotland. Alistair was captured and tortured after a battle in the colonies. He lost an eye and his face was burned. He now lives in seclusion. He has no servants to clean and his castle looks like it.
Ruth
Really, really enjoyed this one. Mistress stories are intriguing to me, but usually a bit disappointing. They always seem to imply that being a long-term kept mistress was just a matter of bonking a rich bloke every night, but, as far as I can tell, real history suggests that wasn't the case. Being a mistress about this time wasn't necessarily an awful thing to do, and there was a "career ladder" in which you could work your way up from one protector to another. Also, apparently protectors took ...more
Keri
Awesome read...and a very heartfelt one as well. Helen Fitzwilliam was a kept woman. But now that her benefactor has thrown her over as well as her two kids, she feels she needs to get away...way away. So thanks to the help of a friend she is now on her way to Scotland to become a housekeeper for a man that has no idea she is even coming. With a spooky cobwebbed filled moldy old castle Alistar needs one in the worst way.

Alistair is a man trapped by the scars on his face. Burned when he was capt
Zoe
Nov 15, 2015 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great writing, without a doubt.

The lead characters are not my cup of tea. The Beauty and the Beast theme is alright. I am usually averse to a mother heroine. But the book still snatched 3 stars from me. That is no small feat. Only Elizabeth Hoyt can make me read a book featuring a mother heroine.

Alistair the hero is the beast. I was little shocked that he lashed out at Helen when he realized that she was someone's mistress and had 2 children by him. His reaction was a bit hypocritical for me.
Carolyn F.
4.5 starts - Great book. Loved the relationship between Alistair and Helen. I felt so sorry for Alistair with his horrible scarring, missing eye and missing fingers. And then Helen being able to look beyond all that to the man himself and being physically attracted to him was wonderful. I'm planning on reading all four the Legends of the Four Soldiers books. Would recommend it.
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
No me termino de convencer la relación entre los dos, más que amor era calentura. No me gusta que se le dedique tanto tiempo a los pensamientos lujuriosos que tienen para con el otro y que me quieran convencer de que es amor porque no me lo voy a creer.

No me molesta que el sexo sea una parte importante de la historia, siempre y cuando 1) la tensión sexual este bien lograda y 2) me gustaría ver que los personajes hicieran otras cosas además de tener sexo, momentos que sean tiernos, adorables, me
Terra
Jun 18, 2009 Terra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To Beguile A Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt has to be the most charming historical romance I have read in a long time. This author is new to me but not for long. I have already ordered her other books in this series and cannot wait to indulge myself in a delicious treat that has no calories. YUMM!

Helen Fitzwilliam is a woman with a mission. Having lead her adult life as a Duke's mistress she is bound and determined that she deserves better and will go to most any length to achieve this. She also wants
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
Sep 14, 2015 Wollstonecrafthomegirl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hawt-sex
This is one of my favourite Hoyt's. I just re-read (having read #2 in the series for the first time a couple of days ago). It improved on a second reading. I love me an injured hero and Munroe fits the dark, brooding, scarred, Scottish bill. He's just lovely. He opens up to Helen and her children, despite being scared they'll eventually leave. He's a bit too good to be true (until the very end, when he's a bit of an idiot, but Hoyt obviously felt she needed some last minute drama). Then there's ...more
Carrie
To Beguile a Beast was a very enjoyable take on the "Beauty and the Beast" fairy tale. Hoyt breaks the mold by having the heroine be a runaway mistress of a powerful duke. While the reader has sympathy for Helen, and while Helen is sorry for her poor choices, she's also a strong woman who doesn't make excuses for her past. I liked her character a great deal.

Alistair is a a great character as well. Hoyt succeeds in creating a damaged, tortured hero. In fact, one of the great strengths of this boo
TJ
Apr 08, 2010 TJ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book because Elizabeth Hoyt is a prolific writer that I have never read and decided to try. In reading the synopsis I thought the book would be about a lady running from danger, taking a job far below her as a housekeeper to keep herself safe. What I found in reading was a woman who had spent her life as a wealthy man's mistress, living a pampered life while bearing two illegitimate children. When he loses interest in her, she decides to run away with the children and start a n ...more
ChloeLeeNH
Nov 11, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-b
I am always a sucker for a B&B theme! I enjoyed this one and though the mystery of the Spinner Falls betrayal was definitely in the background I didn't think it took away from the series.
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 11, 2013 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steamy
I don't normally start with the third in a series, but I got the book on loan from a friend (a signed copy, no less) so I set my scruples aside for this one. I can't say that I'm glad I did, but I do say I thoroughly enjoyed the book.

It's unfortunate that the publisher chose a title designed to invoke the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale. Yeah, the lead guy is scarred and something of a recluse (hey, if you were visibly scarred and could afford to withdraw from the staring eyes of society wouldn'
gina
Romances are just... weird. They are even weirder if you listen to them. I think that I keep reading the occasional romance as a librarian because I think I need to understand the genre when providing readers advisory to romance fans. And don't get me wrong, I've read a romance or two that I liked! But ... romances are just weird.

This one has a fairy tale subplot that goes along side the story and it doesn't really add that much to the main plot except it did raise the skill of the writer in my
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
I am quite partial to the ‘beauty and the beast’ themes. A scarred and disabled H with a tortured (body and soul) backstory- and I am easily hooked and reeled in.
But I was not very keen on a 'mistress' h but she and her story grew on me. Her kids were amazing and steal your heart from right under you, especially the daughter- Abigail.

The skirmishes and sex are exciting and hot respectively, as the unwanted housekeeper not only cleans up his dusty castle but lights his (long celibate) fires as w
Manda Collins
Excellent, excellent story. Hoyt is a gifted storyteller and this take on Beauty and the Beast is tender and funny and sexy and heartfelt. Child characters who are believable without being cutesy or cloying, and adults who (for the most part) behave like adults. Wonderful addition to "The Legend of the Four Soldiers" series.
I love this theme 9 138 May 30, 2014 11:44PM
  • Yours Until Dawn
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2)
  • When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2)
  • His Secondhand Wife (The Copper Creek Brides #2)
  • Lord Perfect  (Carsington Brothers, #3)
  • The Spymaster's Lady (Spymasters, #1)
  • And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1)
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
  • Surrender of a Siren (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #2)
  • Bound by Your Touch
  • Not Quite a Husband
  • Claiming the Courtesan
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • The Secret Pearl
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with three untrained dogs and one long-suffering husband.
More about Elizabeth Hoyt...

Legend of the Four Soldiers (4 books)
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • To Seduce a Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #2)
  • To Desire a Devil (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #4)

“Sophia looked down her long nose at the girl. “Who are you?”

“I’m Abigail, ma’am,” she said, curtsying. “This is my brother, Jamie. I apologize for him.”

Sophia arched an eyebrow. “I’ll wager you do that quite a lot.”

Abigail sighed, sounding world-weary. “Yes, I do.”

“Good girl.” Sophia almost smiled. “Younger brothers can be a chore sometimes, but one must persevere.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Abigail said solemnly.

“Come on, Jamie,” Alistair said. “Let’s go into dinner before they form a Society for Bossy Older Sisters.”
12 likes
“She leaned forward, her gaze so intense that Helen wanted to look away. “And I love him more for it. Do you hear me? He was a good man when he went away to the Colonies. He came back an extraordinary man. So many think that bravery is a single act of valor in a field of battle—no forethought, no contemplation of the consequences. An act over in a second or a minute or two at most. What my brother has done, is doing now, is to live with his burden for years. He knows that he will spend the rest of his life with it. And he soldiers on.” She sat back in her chair, her gaze still locked with Helen’s. “That to my mind is what real bravery is.”

-Sophia to Helen about Alistair.”
10 likes