Start by marking “Seni Kalbime Yazdım (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Seni Kalbime Yazdım (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3)

Seni Kalbime Yazdım (Legend of the Four Soldiers #3)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  6,976 ratings  ·  383 reviews
YARALI BİR KALP
Münzevi Sör Alistair Munroe, Amerikan kolonilerinden hem ruhuna hem de bedenine aldığı yaralarla döndüğünden beri kalesinden dışarıya hiç çıkmamıştır. Ancak gizemli bir güzellik onun kapısında belirdiğinde, yıllarca içinde gizleyip bastırdığı tutkuları uyanmaya başlar.

GİZEMLİ BİR GEÇMİŞİ OLAN GÜZELE
Dillere destan güzellikteki Helen Fitzwilliam’ın geçmişinde
Published August 2012 by Pegasus Yayınları (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Seni Kalbime Yazdım, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seni Kalbime Yazdım

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)

To Beguile a Beast takes a tried and true romance theme and does it justice. In this case, the Beauty is the fugitive mistress of a powerful duke, who takes her children to start a new life, not as a kept woman, but as a legitimate housekeeper. The Beast is a naturalist who was tortured by Indians in the colonies, as the result of an ambush against British soldiers.

The writing flows and compels. The romance not only involves Helen and Alistair, but also the bond that develops between Alistair a
Duchess Nicole

The Beauty and the Beast theme always captivates me. I think the only one I like more is a Cinderella story. But there's so much to be said for a strong man who lives a tragic life until something beautiful comes along to make him live again. I think the metaphor is even more important than the ugly/pretty trope. You shouldn't live only for aesthetic beauty. There is so much more to a person than their looks. And Alistair learns that just because Helen is beautiful doesn't mean that she cares th
Julie (jjmachshev)
Yet another heart-wrenching tale of a tortured (literally) hero that had me wavering between tears and smiles. Elizabeth Hoyt's latest 'Four Soldiers' tale, "To Beguile a Beast", was one of the more touching and VERY romantic stories I've read this year. My emotions are still careening about but as long as I remember the ending I can still smile.

Helen has finally made her escape from the cold and arrogant Duke of Lister. After he seduced her as a young girl and she bore him two children, she fin
Fani
Lovers of Beauty and the Beast tale, will certainly love this exceptional romance. Helen, former mistress of the Duke of Listair, has decided to leave her long-time protector taking their children away with her. But knowing how reluctant the duke is at being deprived of 'things' he believes he owns even if he doesn't care for them, she has to hide as far away from him as she can. Which brings her to Sir Alistair's remote castle in Scotland.

Sir Alistair is a naturalist. He is also one of the sur
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in the Legend of the Four Soldiers series by Elizabeth Hoyt. My favorite of the series so far but I've really enjoyed them all immensely. Just one more to go. This one has a beauty and the beast theme. Alistair, the hero, is not a macho alpha type. He's a scarred recluse devoting his life to research and studies. Then a lovely woman, Helen, barges into his life to be his housekeeper. This is no light fluffy romance (which I do love) but a heart-wrenching and touching romance betwe ...more
Rane
I loved it, it hooked me in and didn't let go until the very last page. Although, I was a little disappointed it didn't focus a little more on the traitor like the other books and Alistair trauma with living with his scars, it did show him moving on and accepting himself and Helen.
Penny Watson
To Beguile A Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt

When I first read Elizabeth Hoyt's debut novel, The Raven Prince, I was amazed. The last time I read a debut novel and thought, Holy Mother, here's a new author I am already addicted to, was the book Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan. (If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it!) The Raven Prince had a preposterous premise for the book, but nevertheless, Hoyt's writing is so fabulous that I truly didn't care. I absolutely fell in love with her "hero"- and I use
Audrey
4-4.5 stars. Great "Beauty and the Beast"-themed historical romance with interesting, flawed characters and a very clever resolution to the suspense element. Really, this story was very well done, and the sexytimes were smokin' hot. As always, I loved Elizabeth Hoyt's trademark fairy tale story that unfolded over the course of the book in the chapter introductions. This book is my favorite of the Four Soldiers series thus far.

A couple of quibbles kept me from giving it five stars, but that may v
Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide
I really loved this book. It was nice to get away from your basic mundane romances with the same story lines. This was different and refreshing and not at all 'mainstream'. The hero and heroine are in their early 30's. No young first time love in this story. The hero, Alistair, is scarred, reclusive and a loner. Scarred/tortured heroes have become quite a popular genre, but many of those heroes have scars that can be covered if needed or even easily overlooked. That is not the case with Alistair ...more
Keri
Awesome read...and a very heartfelt one as well. Helen Fitzwilliam was a kept woman. But now that her benefactor has thrown her over as well as her two kids, she feels she needs to get away...way away. So thanks to the help of a friend she is now on her way to Scotland to become a housekeeper for a man that has no idea she is even coming. With a spooky cobwebbed filled moldy old castle Alistar needs one in the worst way.

Alistair is a man trapped by the scars on his face. Burned when he was capt
Verity
May 03, 2009 Verity rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of spunky heroines, scarred, one-eyed heroes, reluctant master - fiery housekeeper romance
Shelves: hoyt-elizabeth
After reading TBAB’s preview in the mediocre ‘To Seduce A Sinner’, I had sky-high hopes, ‘cuz it has all the much-loved ingredients : heart-warming Beauty & the Beast theme, a brutally scarred, reclusive, naturalist hero who lives in a gloomy & dusty castle, a doggie, kids, Scotland setting, what can a gal ask for more ? Suffice it to say that none of EH’s other books have quite lived up to ‘The Raven Prince’ = EH’s ‘Gold Standard’. TBAB is a slow burner, but it fulfills its potential to ...more
Carrie
To Beguile a Beast was a very enjoyable take on the "Beauty and the Beast" fairy tale. Hoyt breaks the mold by having the heroine be a runaway mistress of a powerful duke. While the reader has sympathy for Helen, and while Helen is sorry for her poor choices, she's also a strong woman who doesn't make excuses for her past. I liked her character a great deal.

Alistair is a a great character as well. Hoyt succeeds in creating a damaged, tortured hero. In fact, one of the great strengths of this boo
TJ
I picked up this book because Elizabeth Hoyt is a prolific writer that I have never read and decided to try. In reading the synopsis I thought the book would be about a lady running from danger, taking a job far below her as a housekeeper to keep herself safe. What I found in reading was a woman who had spent her life as a wealthy man's mistress, living a pampered life while bearing two illegitimate children. When he loses interest in her, she decides to run away with the children and start a n ...more
Ruth
Really, really enjoyed this one. Mistress stories are intriguing to me, but usually a bit disappointing. They always seem to imply that being a long-term kept mistress was just a matter of bonking a rich bloke every night, but, as far as I can tell, real history suggests that wasn't the case. Being a mistress about this time wasn't necessarily an awful thing to do, and there was a "career ladder" in which you could work your way up from one protector to another. Also, apparently protectors took ...more
Terra
To Beguile A Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt has to be the most charming historical romance I have read in a long time. This author is new to me but not for long. I have already ordered her other books in this series and cannot wait to indulge myself in a delicious treat that has no calories. YUMM!

Helen Fitzwilliam is a woman with a mission. Having lead her adult life as a Duke's mistress she is bound and determined that she deserves better and will go to most any length to achieve this. She also wants
Carolyn F.
4.5 starts - Great book. Loved the relationship between Alistair and Helen. I felt so sorry for Alistair with his horrible scarring, missing eye and missing fingers. And then Helen being able to look beyond all that to the man himself and being physically attracted to him was wonderful. I'm planning on reading all four the Legends of the Four Soldiers books. Would recommend it.
ChloeLeeNH
I am always a sucker for a B&B theme! I enjoyed this one and though the mystery of the Spinner Falls betrayal was definitely in the background I didn't think it took away from the series.
Jane Stewart
I think the audiobook might be better than the book. I adored the sex scenes.

STORY BRIEF:
Helen has been mistress to a Duke for 14 years and has two children from him. She fears he may take her children away, so she flees with the children. A friend suggests she become a housekeeper to Alistair in Scotland. Alistair was captured and tortured after a battle in the colonies. He lost an eye and his face was burned. He now lives in seclusion. He has no servants to clean and his castle looks like it.
Jacob Proffitt
I don't normally start with the third in a series, but I got the book on loan from a friend (a signed copy, no less) so I set my scruples aside for this one. I can't say that I'm glad I did, but I do say I thoroughly enjoyed the book.

It's unfortunate that the publisher chose a title designed to invoke the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale. Yeah, the lead guy is scarred and something of a recluse (hey, if you were visibly scarred and could afford to withdraw from the staring eyes of society wouldn'
gina
Romances are just... weird. They are even weirder if you listen to them. I think that I keep reading the occasional romance as a librarian because I think I need to understand the genre when providing readers advisory to romance fans. And don't get me wrong, I've read a romance or two that I liked! But ... romances are just weird.

This one has a fairy tale subplot that goes along side the story and it doesn't really add that much to the main plot except it did raise the skill of the writer in my
Manda Collins
Excellent, excellent story. Hoyt is a gifted storyteller and this take on Beauty and the Beast is tender and funny and sexy and heartfelt. Child characters who are believable without being cutesy or cloying, and adults who (for the most part) behave like adults. Wonderful addition to "The Legend of the Four Soldiers" series.
Sarah MacLean
wow. elizabeth hoyt, you've done it again.
LOVED it.
HÜLYA
Seni Kalbime Yazdım-Elizabeth Hoyt

Bu nasıl bir kitaptı böyle.Masal gibiydi..Bayıldım..Bu ara üst üste çok güzel kitaplar okudum ki;
İki Ateş Arasında-Monica Mccarty
Beni Uzaklarda Arama -Kieran Kramer'den sonra ;

Seni Kalbime Yazdım orjinal adı To Beguile a Beast Legend of the Four Soldiers Serisinin 3.kitabı.Bence serinin en güzel kitabı idi..Bu kadar güzel bir kitap olabileceğini tahmin etmemiştim..Bir de yayın evi serinin iki kitabını da arka arkaya yayınlayınca,muhteşem bir ziyafet oldu benim i
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
This was a really enjoyable read, sweet without being cloying, sexy without being lewd with a completely different kind of hero. Ugly, scarred and missing an eye Sir Alistair isn't your typical hero, but despite his appearance and his gruff exterior he was completely lovable. A good book and I will be reading the rest of the series.
Jess the Romanceaholic
Jacqueline
Such a great story! This plot line was basically simple and perfect, with the characters seeming very deep and 'real.' The heroine of the story was of a different sort of character, at least for me. Helen is an ex-mistress with two children who flees London in an attempt to escape her 'provider.' Normally I don't read romances that feature heroines that mistresses. And while this is typically a theme concept that I avoid, I did find Helen to be a very admirable and inspiring character.

I truly e
Bookaholics
To Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt
Regency Romance - April 28th, 2009
4 ½ stars

Elizabeth Hoyt's novels are something I always look forward to and To Beguile a Beast was no exception. The author has the remarkable ability to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. I believe this is because she really takes the time to build her characters throughout the book so readers can't help but grow to love them. Readers who have read Elizabeth's Hoyt's books know her penchant for intertwining fai
Jenny E
Wow! This was such a great read. I hope this review is coherent, becuause it's 1:30 a.m. - I had to stay up and finish the book! Could not put it down today!

It is very similar to The Raven Prince thematically I think, but actually liked this story better. I guess I didn't realize that this was the third in a series of four books either, and I HATE reading books in a series out of order, but I'm definitely going to read all of them.

I liked this book better than The Raven Prince because of the ki
Natasha
To Beguile a Beast is the third novel in the Legend of the Four Soldiers series by the amazing Elizabeth Hoyt. I've read a few novels by Elizabeth and I always seem to love what she writes. She has a certain style and charisma to her writing that always lures me in.

This story summed down, is Beauty and the Beast with a twist. Beauty meets beast, who's grumpy and distant and loves to be locked up in his tower. Beauty doesn't exactly love the idea at first, but then grows to enjoy her stay with t
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Feb 13, 2011 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Romance fans, Elizabeth Hoyt fans
I liked To Beguile a Beast. First off, I thought Hoyt’s writing is great! It flows seamlessly and I finished this book pretty quickly. I’m looking forward to reading more books by her!

Now on to this book...

I liked Helen but there were also times where I didn’t care for her character at all. I didn’t think she was particularly motherly to her children. She was more scared than anything, which is understandable because they’re hiding from the Duke of Lister. But towards the end, I think she found
I love this theme 9 126 May 30, 2014 11:44PM
  • Yours Until Dawn
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2)
  • The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2)
  • His Secondhand Wife
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • The Spymaster's Lady (Spymasters, #2)
  • Tapestry
  • His at Night
  • Surrender of a Siren (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #2)
  • What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
  • Bound by Your Touch
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • Breathless (The House of Rohan, #3)
  • Simply Love (Simply Quartet #2)
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in central Illinois with three untrained dogs, two angelic but bickering children, and one long-suffering husband.
More about Elizabeth Hoyt...
The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3) Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1) To Seduce a Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #2) The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)

“Sophia looked down her long nose at the girl. “Who are you?”

“I’m Abigail, ma’am,” she said, curtsying. “This is my brother, Jamie. I apologize for him.”

Sophia arched an eyebrow. “I’ll wager you do that quite a lot.”

Abigail sighed, sounding world-weary. “Yes, I do.”

“Good girl.” Sophia almost smiled. “Younger brothers can be a chore sometimes, but one must persevere.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Abigail said solemnly.

“Come on, Jamie,” Alistair said. “Let’s go into dinner before they form a Society for Bossy Older Sisters.”
8 likes
“She leaned forward, her gaze so intense that Helen wanted to look away. “And I love him more for it. Do you hear me? He was a good man when he went away to the Colonies. He came back an extraordinary man. So many think that bravery is a single act of valor in a field of battle—no forethought, no contemplation of the consequences. An act over in a second or a minute or two at most. What my brother has done, is doing now, is to live with his burden for years. He knows that he will spend the rest of his life with it. And he soldiers on.” She sat back in her chair, her gaze still locked with Helen’s. “That to my mind is what real bravery is.”

-Sophia to Helen about Alistair.”
8 likes