Start by marking “If Memory Serves” as Want to Read:
If Memory Serves

If Memory Serves (Dr. Tara Ross #1)

It’s New Years Eve but obstetrician Dr. Tara Ross isn’t celebrating. After a catastrophic delivery, Tara, a workaholic, sleep deprived and already stressed to the max, lapses into a post -traumatic memory loss. Wandering the streets of Manhattan’s Upper West she is mistakenly swept up in a narcotics sting operation and lands in Jeffrey Corrigan’s precinct.

Divorced but marr
Published September 15th 2012 by Mitchell Morris Publishing (first published September 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about If Memory Serves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If Memory Serves

C.B. Cole
Oct 03, 2012 C.B. Cole rated it it was amazing
Goodwin's debut effort is a high speed thrill ride. It feels like the best parts of any prime time television hit rolled up in to a great read. Her style is quick and direct, much like her plucky heroine Tara Ross, and sexy and addictive, just like Jeffrey Corrigan.
This was a fun read, and I can't wait to see what Goodwin does next.
Jun 09, 2013 Chris rated it it was amazing
captivating, filled with action and romance. Really enjoable read!
Sep 21, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
it was an amazing book, I didn't want to put it down. great story line.
Complicated intro, but maybe a little too techy for non-medicals. The partial amnesia business isn't badly done. The office and interpersonal stuff is not exactly what I'm used to, but I'm not NYPD. The rest of the story line, both the testosterone/estrogen stuff and the entwined case and management ring decidedly true. I always hate reading about incompetents and corrupt law enforcement, but, people are people. In spite of all of my whining, I was really into this book and feel that it deserves ...more
I bought this based on the reviews but found it terribly disappointing. It was slow to start, which I don't mind if the writing is good. Here, it was "technically" alright but storywise, it was a bore. Much of the first chapter, if not all, was taken up with details of the difficult birth and talk about placentas.

I was expecting a taut thriller based on the great reviews about it being action-packed but I got tired of having to get past the hero (Detective for-his-name) whose only thought was g
Oct 19, 2015 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-goal
'If Memory Serves' was a unique story that I haven't come across before. And believe me, I read A LOT. The premise was original and quite creative. The memory loss angle was well written and well thought out. The characters were great. I loved how they worked together and helped Tara through her ordeal. Jeffrey was a top notch detective. His and Tara's feelings for each other came about rather quickly, but under the circumstances, it was believable. The way the story played out was full of actio ...more
Catherine Greenfeder
Jun 10, 2013 Catherine Greenfeder rated it it was amazing
Riveting and highly suspenseful romantic thriller featuring an OB/GYN, Dr. Tara Ross, suffering from post-traumatic stress induced memory loss which leads her to danger involving a narcotics sting and a romantic adventure with handsome and courageous Jeffrey Corrigan, commander of a New York City homicide squad. It's definitely a page turner from beginning to end with a look inside the world of both criminal investigations and medicine.
I felt the story was a little odd but somehow it kept me interested and reading until I got through the entire book. It wasn't until after I finished that I discovered that extreme stress really can cause it. Who knew?
I thought the author did a great job creating a story with enough detail and enjoyable character personalities to keep me entertained. I'd totally give her future books a look.
Neely Powell
Apr 20, 2014 Neely Powell rated it it was amazing
Love the premise of this book. It's fascinating. As an MD herself, Tanya makes it easy to understand and skillfully uses the condition to accelerate the pace of the story.
Vincent DiPuma
Apr 22, 2014 Vincent DiPuma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery/cop drama

The character's are realistic living in the south now I longed for north east that's how well this is written. reminded me of character's in a Sanford mystery.
Jan 31, 2015 Audiothing rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
"Not for me"
the romance was boring as was the the whole mixed up story line, I just didn't get it, but hey, some people did as they loved it.
I only stuck with it because Valerie Gilbert narrated
Grace rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Roy Phillips
Roy Phillips rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2015
Karen rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2014
Alley rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2014
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Carol A.
Carol A. rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2014
Sheila Willis
Sheila Willis rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2014
William K. CROWLEY
William K. CROWLEY rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014
S Fox
S Fox rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
Donna Wolfe
Donna Wolfe rated it did not like it
Sep 08, 2014
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2015
Laura Vallandingham
Laura Vallandingham rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2014
Maria Rumrill
Maria Rumrill rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Helen rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2014
Cindi T
Cindi T rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2014
Linda rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Shirley Kissel
Shirley Kissel rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Charles Hetrick
Charles Hetrick rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Her Secret Bodyguard
  • Finding Sarah (Pine Hills Police #1)
  • The Journal (Jack O'Neill Mystery, #2)
  • Broken Build (Chance for Love, #1)
  • St. Charles at Dusk (House of Crimson and Clover 0.6)
  • Thicker Than Water (Brands Crossing Series #1)
  • Codename: Romeo
  • West of Western (Chicago Stories, #1)
  • Loving the Bodyguard
  • The Billionaire's Prize: Taken & Tempted (Billionaire Bodyguard, #3)
  • The Candidate
  • Blown Away, The Final Chapter (Walk the Right Road, #5)
  • The Detective's Lover
  • Murphy's Law (Bounty Hunter, #1)
  • A Suitable Bodyguard
  • Boulevard (Hayden Glass, #1)
  • Touch of Evil
  • Missing (Colby Agency, #43)
Born in Brazil, I've been in the US since age three. I've been a nurse, a dance studio owner, and a doctor. I still practice medicine but my passion, as has been for many years, is writing. I hope you check out my debut novel, If Memory Serves. I have more novels to come, so stay tuned. You can learn more about me at my website: Also check out my trivia and fun quizzes. Happy ...more
More about Tanya Goodwin...

Dr. Tara Ross (2 books)
  • The Embalmer (Dr. Tara Ross, #2)