Start by marking “This is Yours (Alejo and Bobby, # 1.5)” as Want to Read:
This is Yours (Alejo and Bobby, # 1.5)

Read Book

This is Yours (Alejo and Bobby #1.5)

Alejandro Sandoval + Roberto Gallegos = love forever. Alejo looks back to one night in June 1980, when he and Bobby were fourteen years old. Only days before, they realized their attraction to each other. But now, Alejo’s dad has invited over his buddies to watch the most anticipated boxing match of the year. Anything could happen during the fight. And anything could ...more
Published September 3rd 2012 by VK-Now Books

To ask other readers questions about This is Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This is Yours

Riina Y.T.
"You got the most amazing look on your face – amazing and amazed. Your eyes widened in vivid excitement and your pupils expanded. The gold starburst edging each pupil brightened like a sunrise in the rich brown of your irises. Your full lips parted, and I could almost taste the cinnamon on your breath from the flavored toothpicks you liked to chew. You grabbed my hips to steady me. I’d sat on your lap because I didn’t know what to say to get through to you."

Wonderful mood-booster. I have to
Carly
Aug 31, 2016 Carly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dont-buy-my-love
I read this short story as an appendix to Reach for the Moon, which I received for free in exchange for an honest review. It is also available as a free download to all readers on Goodreads at the time this review is being written.

It is a fun story to read, particularly as a follow up to the original series. The author states that it could be read as a stand alone story, but I have a hard time seeing that, as it contains little character development. Knowing the characters as I did, based on pre
Ami
Sep 03, 2012 Ami rated it it was ok

When I rate a story, it always comes back to the core question "do I like it?". While this story is a nice appetizer for the upcoming full-length novel, my answer to that question would be "not so much". My reason comes from my dislike over the writing style or how the story is structured.

First of all, the story is written from Alejo's perspective as if he's talking (or writing the story) for Bobby. So the story comes like this:

....

Bobby, you and I looked at each other. We were being p
Lady*M
Nov 06, 2012 Lady*M rated it really liked it
Almost, but not quite 4 stars.

Alejo's love letter to Bobby - a memory of the time their friendship changed into something more and the night when they were treated like men for the first time - during the fight between Roberto Durán and Sugar Ray Leonard. Once again, Val beautifully captures the time and place and some very touching emotional moments. I'm not very fond of this kind of narration, but I enjoyed the story nonetheless.
Susan
Sep 14, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read, free, z-2012
This whole short story is a beautiful love letter from Alejo to Bobby. Even at 14 years old you could feel the love between the two of them and know that they were meant to be together.
Jan 14, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I read this after reading Reach for the Moon and enjoyed it. Let me hang onto the boys' story just that much longer. It is written as a letter to Bobby from Alejo and gives a detailed look into one evening when they are 14 as well as some subtle hints to their future in this timeline. There is quite a bit about a boxing match in it, though, which did not do much for me - not a boxing fan.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
This was included as a bonus with Reach for the Moon. It's a sweet short story set when Bobby & Alejo were teens & just realizing their love for each other. It's just a little reflection from Alejo's point of view written as a letter to Bobby.
Val Kovalin
Aug 19, 2012 Val Kovalin added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This free short story, downloadable at Goodreads.com, shows you a pivotal night in the lives of Alejo and Bobby from Fall into the Sun. No sex scenes. It can be read as a stand-alone.
Ari
Sep 03, 2012 Ari rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-romance
a sweet treat, but the back and forth plot was a bit annoying (i enjoyed it in the first book but not again...) also i didn't enjoy the description about the boxing fight
TayaJay
TayaJay rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Doseycat
Doseycat rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Ali
Ali rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2013
Ulises295
Ulises295 rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Gaby Franz
Gaby Franz rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Isabel
Isabel rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Ebosu
Ebosu rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
Jane Harper
Jane Harper rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2013
luft
luft rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Rio
Rio rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Sio
Sio rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2012
Sandra Baublitz
Sandra Baublitz rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Zeoanne
Zeoanne rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2013
Marolyn
Marolyn rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2012
Susan65
Susan65 rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2013
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Monika
Monika rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Welcome. My nonfiction consists of the HOW TO WRITE series for fiction and nonfiction writers. My fiction is gay romance not intended for readers younger than age eighteen. I like humor, strong plots, vivid cultural details, and complicated characters and hope to offer you the same.

For four years, I was one of five paid reviewers for the All Romance Ebooks newsletter until the reviewing program w
More about Val Kovalin...

Alejo and Bobby (3 books)
  • Fall Into the Sun (Alejo and Bobby, #1)
  • Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)