Start by marking “The Taming of Red Riding (A BDSM Fairy Tale)” as Want to Read:
The Taming of Red Riding (A BDSM Fairy Tale)

The Taming of Red Riding (A BDSM Fairy Tale)

Amelia Riding--young, vibrant, haughty, and known throughout the land for her pampered wealth as well as her lush beauty--holds the captivation and adoration of all.

But there is one man who wants nothing to do with her: Tim Woodman.
Coarse, crude, a recluse by nature, Tim is a hard man with an iron will, and he uses that will to dominate and command those around him. He has
ebook, Smashwords Edition, 164 pages
Published July 21st 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published July 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Taming of Red Riding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Taming of Red Riding

Lady Raven RAVE!
Story: FAIRLY GOOD
Intimacy Level: Sex-citingly GOOD / BDSM
Enjoyment: GOOD
Length: 167 pages / 3742 kindle

You know those books that you start reading and you're thinking, what the hell, but it starts to get a little better with each chapter, I felt this was this kind of book. I started getting more into the story once Tim and Amelia's interaction began. In the beginning, we get to view Amelia in her surroundings. At first, I didn't care for this, however, it became clear what the author was doing
carol
I loved Shelby's play on the Red Riding Hood Story, still set in yesteryear but before the present knowledge and use of Safewords and rules or guidelines. Showing how BDSM play has always been around for some and nature of masochist and sadists wil out when given the chance to complement each other.

Amelia's awakening to Tim was so erotic. The BDSM play and sexual awakening a real turn on. The commitment she gives him in the end just right and his marking and claiming her an unusual format for bl
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
I never read any of Shelby Cross' books and saw this was a BDSM fairy-tale and thought how hot will this be and decided to give it a go. At first, I started out thinking Amelia was an innocent young lady not knowing that she was just a spoiled brat that was never taught to behave properly until she met Tim, who taught her quite a few things about herself, a little too much for my taste. I liked the story except for the harsh and bloody moments, which was a little hardcore for me but I guess some ...more
Miss Lily Hastings
Jan 05, 2013 Miss Lily Hastings rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this novel.

Admittedly, Shelby is one of my favorite authors, however this was the first full length novel of hers which I have read.
I loved that the additional length allowed the characters to develop further and become more deeply entwined within each other's lives as the novel progressed.

The story itself was enticing and a fantastic erotic twist upon Red Riding Hood without feeling forced to follow the fairytale. It covered various elements of BDSM including Domination, subm
Jenne
Jun 16, 2015 Jenne rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015, grimm
It always surprises me when an author can take a story and totally tweak it and make it new and unique. While this was short (it didn't need to be longer than it was) it still held my interest and was very well fleshed out. If you like BDSM books you might consider giving this a go for a cheapie and a shortie it was well worth it. Now will it ever be on the NY Times Best…probably not but entreating for a smut read nonetheless.
Christina
Jan 13, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short 200 page story. At first I was like..... WTF? Where is this going but quickly liked the characters. Only one scene in the book with a heavy domestic BDSM situation that almost made me put the book down and hope she left the master woodcutter and never looked back. The scene was too cruel in my opinion so readers be warned. Other than that I was happy with the ending.
Katt
Dec 06, 2013 Katt rated it it was ok
Well it was good for how short it was, and very well written. I have not read anything from Shelby Cross before and I may give her another go.

Some of the scenes in the book kind-of had me saying. "Wow this guy isn't a good dom." He lies to her a few times which a Dom should not do ever. The aftercare after certain heavy scenes is practically nonexistent, and he punishes her when he screws up. Trademarks of an inexperienced or just plain bad Dom. Then I realized that it's set during some time an
Molly Moore
Dec 21, 2012 Molly Moore rated it it was amazing
This is the BEST BDSM fiction book I have read ALL year. I read it on holiday during the summer and I could not put it down. I found myself longing to be Amelia Riding.

The descriptions where beautiful, the characters were full, believable and honest and most of all the BDSM relationship and the way it was played out between the two main characters was utterly believable. Non of this utter nonsense about BDSM schools or Masters in grand castles with naked slaves etc but just two people discoverin
Christine
Aug 01, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: x-botb-2013
I was curious to find out how Cross would 'twist' the original "Red Riding Hood" tale.

So...we meet Amelia Riding, who's spoiled and headstrong. She's intrigued by Tim Woodman, a local recluse who lives near her grandmother's house. On a visit to her grandmother's, on a whim, she stops by Tim's cottage and.....oh my!! How deliciously kinky!

It goes from kinky to very intense, and bumped up hard against my discomfort zone during a couple of Tim's punishments. Seriously, if I'd been Amelia, I'd hav
Dar
Mar 29, 2015 Dar rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads, bdsm
I really liked this book, it was nothing like I expected, and for the better!

We are set sometime back, and it isn't really clear where, but, we have a definite hierarchy and our heroine comes from the town's elite. Young, and still single, she has been entranced by the town, seemingly, woodsman.

This and that happen, and she ends up spending lot of time with him, even though she has recently been betrothed to the son of the towns wealthiest man. There is something off with her fiance but nobody s
Cphe
Nov 06, 2013 Cphe rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, erotic, fairytale
This book was quite a different take on the old "Little Red Riding Hood" fable. A new take on an old idea. This book is definitely erotic, with a large BDSM component.

Amelia Riding, known in the village as Red often goes through the woods to visit her ailing Grandmother. Amelia has come to the attention of Neleus, who she has no interest in, and Tim Woodman a huntsman. It is Tim who is able to see the turmiol and defiance inside her. He undertakes her "training" and it is often harsh and unforgi
Lorena
The red riding hood concept grabbed my attention. I was excited about the book before I even read the blurb. I mean who doesn't love a big bad sexy wolf?

I was actually surprised by the intense level of BDSM. I was kind of expecting a more vanilla level of BDSM (no idea why I just was lol). I did find myself wanting a few scenes in the book flushed out more.

Very original and fun take on Little Red Ridinghood!
Catherine
This is the second time I've read this now. And had to change my start rating from a 4 to a 5!
The only thing negative I can say is that there were a couple of spell check mistakes from Tim to time. Also the story line was predictable.
How ever that did not take away from this delicious story at all. I loved that it was a story of 24/7 complete power control. It was spanking good & yet so loving and tender. Extremely well written also. So happy ire-read this again
Yvonne miller
Mar 17, 2013 Yvonne miller rated it liked it
This was my first time reading a book by Shelby and I was very impressed, like her smutty storytelling.

I however would have given it more stars if there had been more angst in the story (what can I say I'm a glutton for punishment).

Although this was a short book I felt that it didn't need to be longer it was just perfect the way it was. Love the whole unique twist on kinky fairytales at the moment.
Kathryn
It's almost winter and the wolves are getting braver coming back to the forest. But they aren't the only one's you have to watch out for.

Off to Grandmamma's house Red realizes that stopping to watch Tim Woodman chopping wood probably isn't the best or brightest thing she does. But he's just so.... easy to watch. Red's father decides it's time for her to be married. Will the willful Red stand up to her father? Or will she bend to his wishes and marry the most eligible man in town?

Piper
Jan 31, 2014 Piper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book up as part of a challenge. I am so glad I did as I would have otherwise missed an enjoyable read. A very clever reconstruction of the original 'Little Red Riding Hood' told amidst an historical setting. Goes to show you don't need all the whizz bang equipment available nowadays for a very effective bdsm scene!
Discfan2
Nov 30, 2013 Discfan2 rated it liked it
To me the story was a mix of domestic discipline and dominance.

The story followed the traditional red riding hood closely enough without taking it step by step. It worked for the story as it established a connection between Amelia (Red) and Tim Woodsman.

Overall a good quick read.
Melissa
Apr 17, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
I really enjoy fairy tale re-tellings and this one was great. The story was good and conflicts were just right. Meaning --- not too angsty and the characters were true and none were TSTL. Which happens alot in these type of stories.

°☆.。.:*・Arianna°☆.。.:*・
This had a slow beginning and didn't get any better as I read on. I just could not get into the book and gave up from boredom.
Alita258
Jan 03, 2017 Alita258 rated it liked it
Interesting plot, interesting erotica, but it sort of failed to entice me in several parts.
This one was a little rough for my taste...but it was well written and It was interesting enough for me to go through in one sitting... 3 1/2 stars.
Jane
Oct 29, 2014 Jane rated it really liked it
Divinely delicious take on the classic fairy tale. Colour me enchanted.
Diana's
Aug 17, 2013 Diana's rated it really liked it
This was my first Erotic Fairytale.. It was Fun and Super Hot!!!
Will definitely make sure to read more of these..
Joshua
Dec 03, 2015 Joshua rated it really liked it
It was pretty enjoyable to read; however, the amount of misspellings, grammatical screwups, & syntax errors was atrocious. Why can't people proofread their work before sending it to print?!
P.w. Rusie
P.w. Rusie rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Noelia Acuña
Noelia Acuña rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Patty
Patty rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Lilyhuang
Lilyhuang rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2013
Hannival
Hannival rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Kells22
Kells22 rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Maid for It
  • Disciplining the Duchess
  • Checkmate (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #7)
  • Stepbrother's Rules
  • Rough Surrender
  • Petals and Thorns
  • Surrender
  • Out of Control
  • The First Bride (Brides of Bachelor Bay, #1)
  • Safeword Arabesque (Safeword, #9)
  • Being Amber (New Atlanta, #1)
  • The Pet Shop (The Pet Shop, #1 - 3)
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • The Good Sinner's Naughty Nun
  • His Black Pearl (The Thrall,  #1)
I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and submissive. My husband is my Dom of over eighteen years. We have a CPE (complete power exchange) relationship dynamic.

Some people call me a smart-assed masochist, but that's not exactly true. I'm not a masochist: I don't enjoy pain. What I like is that fact that I don't like pain.
I suffer for those whom I love.

I am a huge fan of Doctor Who. I crochet, but
More about Shelby Cross...