The Taming of Red Riding (A BDSM Fairy Tale)

The Taming of Red Riding (A BDSM Fairy Tale)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Amelia Riding--young, vibrant, haughty, and known throughout the land for her pampered wealth as well as her lush beauty--holds the captivation and adoration of all.

But there is one man who wants nothing to do with her: Tim Woodman.
Coarse, crude, a recluse by nature, Tim is a hard man with an iron will, and he uses that will to dominate and command those around him. He has...more
ebook, Smashwords Edition
Published July 21st 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published July 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Taming of Red Riding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Taming of Red Riding

Confessions of a Sex Addict by Jinni JamesBound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanGalactic Energies by Luca  RossiSasha's Story by Andromeda BlissAdin's Adventure by Andromeda Bliss
Erotic Wish List #2
104th out of 183 books — 140 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasConsequences by Aleatha RomigTruth by Aleatha Romig
Dark Erotica
335th out of 704 books — 2,001 voters

More lists with this book...

Lady Raven RAVE!
Story: FAIRLY GOOD
Intimacy Level: Sex-citingly GOOD / BDSM
Enjoyment: GOOD
Length: 167 pages / 3742 kindle

You know those books that you start reading and you're thinking, what the hell, but it starts to get a little better with each chapter, I felt this was this kind of book. I started getting more into the story once Tim and Amelia's interaction began. In the beginning, we get to view Amelia in her surroundings. At first, I didn't care for this, however, it became clear what the author was doing...more
Miss Lily Hastings
I absolutely loved this novel.

Admittedly, Shelby is one of my favorite authors, however this was the first full length novel of hers which I have read.
I loved that the additional length allowed the characters to develop further and become more deeply entwined within each other's lives as the novel progressed.

The story itself was enticing and a fantastic erotic twist upon Red Riding Hood without feeling forced to follow the fairytale. It covered various elements of BDSM including Domination, subm...more
Christina
I enjoyed this short 200 page story. At first I was like..... WTF? Where is this going but quickly liked the characters. Only one scene in the book with a heavy domestic BDSM situation that almost made me put the book down and hope she left the master woodcutter and never looked back. The scene was too cruel in my opinion so readers be warned. Other than that I was happy with the ending.
carol
I loved Shelby's play on the Red Riding Hood Story, still set in yesteryear but before the present knowledge and use of Safewords and rules or guidelines. Showing how BDSM play has always been around for some and nature of masochist and sadists wil out when given the chance to complement each other.

Amelia's awakening to Tim was so erotic. The BDSM play and sexual awakening a real turn on. The commitment she gives him in the end just right and his marking and claiming her an unusual format for bl...more
Molly Moore
This is the BEST BDSM fiction book I have read ALL year. I read it on holiday during the summer and I could not put it down. I found myself longing to be Amelia Riding.

The descriptions where beautiful, the characters were full, believable and honest and most of all the BDSM relationship and the way it was played out between the two main characters was utterly believable. Non of this utter nonsense about BDSM schools or Masters in grand castles with naked slaves etc but just two people discoverin...more
Katt
Well it was good for how short it was, and very well written. I have not read anything from Shelby Cross before and I may give her another go.

Some of the scenes in the book kind-of had me saying. "Wow this guy isn't a good dom." He lies to her a few times which a Dom should not do ever. The aftercare after certain heavy scenes is practically nonexistent, and he punishes her when he screws up. Trademarks of an inexperienced or just plain bad Dom. Then I realized that it's set during some time an...more
Christine
I was curious to find out how Cross would 'twist' the original "Red Riding Hood" tale.

So...we meet Amelia Riding, who's spoiled and headstrong. She's intrigued by Tim Woodman, a local recluse who lives near her grandmother's house. On a visit to her grandmother's, on a whim, she stops by Tim's cottage and.....oh my!! How deliciously kinky!

It goes from kinky to very intense, and bumped up hard against my discomfort zone during a couple of Tim's punishments. Seriously, if I'd been Amelia, I'd hav...more
Cphe
This book was quite a different take on the old "Little Red Riding Hood" fable. A new take on an old idea. This book is definitely erotic, with a large BDSM component.

Amelia Riding, known in the village as Red often goes through the woods to visit her ailing Grandmother. Amelia has come to the attention of Neleus, who she has no interest in, and Tim Woodman a huntsman. It is Tim who is able to see the turmiol and defiance inside her. He undertakes her "training" and it is often harsh and unforgi...more
Shazza
I picked up this book up as part of a challenge. I am so glad I did as I would have otherwise missed an enjoyable read. A very clever reconstruction of the original 'Little Red Riding Hood' told amidst an historical setting. Goes to show you don't need all the whizz bang equipment available nowadays for a very effective bdsm scene!
Kathryn
It's almost winter and the wolves are getting braver coming back to the forest. But they aren't the only one's you have to watch out for.

Off to Grandmamma's house Red realizes that stopping to watch Tim Woodman chopping wood probably isn't the best or brightest thing she does. But he's just so.... easy to watch. Red's father decides it's time for her to be married. Will the willful Red stand up to her father? Or will she bend to his wishes and marry the most eligible man in town?

Catherine
This is the second time I've read this now. And had to change my start rating from a 4 to a 5!
The only thing negative I can say is that there were a couple of spell check mistakes from Tim to time. Also the story line was predictable.
How ever that did not take away from this delicious story at all. I loved that it was a story of 24/7 complete power control. It was spanking good & yet so loving and tender. Extremely well written also. So happy ire-read this again
Discfan2
To me the story was a mix of domestic discipline and dominance.

The story followed the traditional red riding hood closely enough without taking it step by step. It worked for the story as it established a connection between Amelia (Red) and Tim Woodsman.

Overall a good quick read.
Melissa
I really enjoy fairy tale re-tellings and this one was great. The story was good and conflicts were just right. Meaning --- not too angsty and the characters were true and none were TSTL. Which happens alot in these type of stories.

Diana
This was my first Erotic Fairytale.. It was Fun and Super Hot!!!
Will definitely make sure to read more of these..
demarie
Miss Riding just needed the right guy to tame her.
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Shifali
Shifali marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Shauna
Shauna marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Garima
Garima marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Bookfan_10895
Bookfan_10895 marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Minerva
Minerva marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
GreenTorva
GreenTorva marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Val
Val marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and submissive. My husband is my Dom of over eighteen years. We have a CPE (complete power exchange) relationship dynamic.

Some people call me a smart-assed masochist, but that's not exactly true. I'm not a masochist: I don't enjoy pain. What I like is that fact that I don't like pain.
I suffer for those whom I love.

I am a huge fan of Doctor Who. I crochet, but...more
More about Shelby Cross...
Tales from the Hotel Bentmoore: The Complete Collection Masters of the Hotel Bentmoore: The Complete Collection Inside the Hotel Bentmoore: Training Ella Anal Sex in an Elevator: A Hotel Bentmoore Interlude The Edge of Jasmine (A Hotel Bentmoore World Novel)