Start by marking “Covert Seduction” as Want to Read:
Covert Seduction

Covert Seduction

Navy SEAL Reid Galvin is back from hell and eager to find comfort in Becca Anderson's arms. He knows he hurt her when he cut contact during his deployment, so when his call interrupts her date with another man, he has only himself to blame. But he can't forget what she means to him—or the sexy email she sent him—and he won't miss this chance to claim her as his own.

It's be
Published January 14th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Covert Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Covert Seduction

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
3.5 stars.*** Review completed December 23, 2012

Photobucket

First of all let me say that Kaylea Cross (aka Callie Croix) is one of my favorite authors and it saddens me very much to admit that I can't write a glowing review for Covert Seduction.

Don't get me wrong. Covert Seduction is a solid read--I liked it but didn't love it. While I really enjoyed the action/suspense part of the story, I didn't particularly like the sex scenes and there were some weak plot devices to be found as well. When I look back n
KatLynne
3.5 Stars

Full Review Now Posted

Navy SEAL Reid Galvin had good reasons for not telling Becca his true feelings before his latest deployment to Afghanistan but after this last mission in hell they seem inconsequential. Now, anger and bitterness consume him and he can hardly focus on anything more than exacting vengeance on those that committed the atrocities against his fellow brothers.

Back in Virginia, Becca Andrews is confused and hurt. She assumed Reid reciprocated her feelings. The fact is he
Lise *friends don't flag*
3.5 Navy Seal Tridents!
description
Navy Petty Officer First Class Reid Galvin is as alpha male as they come and while he is being all SEAL badass in Afghanistan, Becca is at home back in Virginia and has not heard a word from Reid in over six weeks, just after she sent him an X-rated love letter.

description

On the night Becca has plans to go out with a male co-worker, guess who contacts her? Oh yeah, Reid and he is back in Virginia heading her way so he can explain why he dropped contact with her. Becca just wants to m
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I have heard good things about this author but this particular book didn't do it for me.

My main issue was with Becca herself. I found her to be annoying, needy, and a poor decision maker. She just irked me and I constantly wanted to shake her. What also really bugged me is that Reid kept calling her "fiercely independent" but she seems so the opposite that she can't manage to do anything without hand-holding. Grrrrrr...

Sure the book has lots of steamy sex but even that didn't do much for me. I
Jae
Pages and pages of elaborated sex scenes. Be warned.

If you're in the mood for OTT steamy sex, then this book is the right one to read. But sadly I was not in the mood at the time, so this turned out to be more of a chore for me. I skimmed through a lot of detailed dirty talks and deeds. A lot. Of. Dirty.

After the skimming and flipping, I got my answers of who the bad guy was. Then I skimmed some more over their celebratory sex, finally I came to the end page where they said "I Love You" to each
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 06, 2013 Gitte TotallyBookedBlog rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/01/...

Gitte: So I thought this was a really romantic, passionate and action filled story Jenny and I loved it! It had mystery, a sexy alpha-male who is a navy seal (*sigh*) and a sweet and clued-up heroine who shows real endurance and bravery. It definitely also delivered in the HEAT department!!

Jenny: It sure was passionate and delivered heat with an extra serving on the side with our hot sexy alpha seal (insert double sigh here!)

Gitte: I thought B
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

I discovered Callie Croix’s work with LET ME IN. In that book, I found that I really enjoyed her writing style and voice. So I jumped at the chance at reading COVERT SEDUCTION.

Navy SEAL Reid Galvin is back, hoping to return to his life after leaving Becca Anderson for an assignment. However, when Reid gives Becca a call, she is in the midst of going out on a date with another guy. Seeming to have moved on since they last saw each other, Becca is trying to get a handle o
Jenn Scranton
Jan 18, 2013 Jenn Scranton rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
*ARC courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Really this is more like 2.5 stars. This one fell a little flat for me. It seemed as if the author took cliches from all erotica/romance novel and crammed it into one novel. On top of that, not much actually happened...

Covert Seduction tried to combine:

Navy SEAL

Dominant Male

Light BDSM

Killer Suspense

Jealous Boyfriend

Illegal Activity in Workplace

Happily Ever After

Yeah... it sounds like too much because it is. The description made it sound
Nikki
3.5 ★'s

This was a pretty good book. I had moments where I couldn't get into it, but overall I liked it ok. The story was average. I hate to give not awesome reviews, but I just can't rave about this one. I don't know if I'm just in a reading funk or what...

The relationship between Reid and Becca was hot in the physical sense, (the sex was good!) ;) but in terms of their issues, I felt like they didn't know how to freaking talk to each other! If they just said what they felt and were thinking the
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Dec 22, 2012 Crazy for Books (Stephanie) rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley-books
Cindi
Dec 14, 2012 Cindi rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, on-blog, arc, net-galley
I have to say this book was simply okay. I felt like I was reading the same thing I've read in hundreds of other books... there's the alpha-type male, the so-called strong woman who turns to mush when the man is around, the little bit of mystery and danger thrown in to make it a bit interesting, the lackluster sex between the two main characters and the evil bad guy that was figured out almost immediately into the book. Pick up almost any book about a male and female and you have this one. Maybe ...more
ツ Renée
Nov 11, 2012 ツ Renée rated it really liked it
Shelves: military
I really liked it! Good loving and just a hint of danger satisfied my appetite.

Reid was all male, dominant, and protective – totally hot! Becca was a little on the duh side at times, but she was a sweet and likable character. The sex between them was smokin!!

An enjoyable read.
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
Dec 15, 2012 Amanda (Hootie) Clark rated it it was amazing
"I like dirty SMUT and I cannot lie, in the butt, in the ear, in the eye!" LOL! Basically I likes me some sexy books! Mama Likes dah smut! How Much Smut, could a smut smut smut, if a smut smut could smut smut? Covert Seduction was reeeeally good! I got this bad boy off of Netgalley and wasn't expecting much. I say that because the only other book I read by Callie Croix was Touch me, and that was just...meh.

So you got this girl, Becca Anderson who is a sexy ass computer programmer and one day her
MsRomanticReads
This review can also be found on my blog.

A Navy SEAL dominates and conquers in this scorching hot erotic romance!

One thing I like about this author is the attention she pays to authenticity and the research she does when it comes to her military heroes. I found that she captured this Navy SEAL’s job and the rituals quite accurately. Aside from that, Covert Seduction really lived up to its title through the sizzling hot eroticism going on between Reid and Becca. The sex wasn’t rough and kinky jus
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

G
Jaime Arkin
Dec 12, 2012 Jaime Arkin rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, ebook-format
Let me just start out by saying that Callie Croix writes some hot hot stuff. This is absolutely no exception.

A little plot with a lot (and I mean a lot) of 'naughty' stuff can work. It really can. This sort of worked for me. Like in the way that I enjoyed it, but I kept thinking that either there was too much plot or there was too much smut but I couldn't decide which. LOL

Reid Galvin is a Navy SEAL and he's returned from a mission where a lot of lives were lost. But before this job he had met
Rachel
Mar 13, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it

I will write a short review for this short book.

Becca and Reid had a whirlwind romance, but then Reid leaves for active military duty (he's a SEAL) and cuts off all communication with Becca while he's deployed overseas. When Becca doesn't hear from him for 6 weeks, she believes that's Reid's way of ending things with her. Becca is heartbroken, but does her best to continue moving forward with her life.

At work, her co-worker asks her to decode some computer files. Unknown to Becca, the
Britt
Jan 26, 2013 Britt rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars

""Reid", she whispered raggedly, reaaching a hand up to grasp his forearm.
"Got you". It was all he could force out of his tight throat. "

I got this one as an ARC on netgalley courtesy of Carina Press.

This was a cute, sweet and sexy read that was just the thing I needed for a lazy Sunday day. It's one of those short guilty pleasures that we all need to read once in a while.

Reid and Becca began seeing one another after meeting at a friend's wedding. They had an instant connection th
Tracey

I enjoyed reading this book, not the longest book but a pleasant and sexy afternoon read.

photo Trident_zpsd3d87362.gif

Becca is an accountant, missing the man who ditched her. Reid is a navy seal, on dangerous assignment keeping his distance, but pining for the one he wants - dont you just want to knock characthers heads together and say sort it out talk to each other!!!!!

Becca is an accountant who has just discovered a bad secret which puts her in danger, enter Reid, if a navy seal can't protect you who can....bu
Michele Realitybitesblog
**ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley**

For more reviews check out: http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

My Thoughts:
Hunky navy seal whose fighting for our country….yes please! Reid was definitely yummy and totally alpha male. Becca was semi-relatable.
My likes with this book was Reid.
My dislikes with this book were simple. I felt very disconnected with the characters. There was not a lot of build up or character development. It was a very predictable story and parts of it I was like ‘oh c
Beckey
The book is a steamy erotica romance with Military SEAL as one of the main characters. That is PACKED with suspense, mystery, espionage and more...
I found the book an enjoyable page turning adventure that was fast paced...
I received book for an honesty review.
E_bookpushers
Joint review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/01/14/...

Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: Out Today!
How we got this book: NetGalley

Navy SEAL Reid Galvin is back from hell and eager to find comfort in Becca Anderson’s arms. He knows he hurt her when he cut contact during his deployment, so when his call interrupts her date with another man, he has only himself to blame. But he can’t forget what she means to him—or the sexy email she sent him—and he won’t miss this chance t
Nicole
Dec 22, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, smut, read-in-2012
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/01/14/...

MinnChica: I first discovered Croix through her alter-ego Kaylea Cross. When I heard she was going to start writing erotic romance through the Callie Croix name, I knew I would have to track down her smutty stories and read them all. I love her military heroes, and her strong heroines. Add in a dash of suspense and lots of smut, and her books are some of my favorite novella erotic reads.

E: I discovered Croix through a certain
Liz F
Dec 12, 2012 Liz F rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Sara at www.HarlequinJunkie.com

What in the heck would a Navy SEAL and a computer programmer have in common? You’d think, “Not Much” and that may be true but my goodness that doesn’t mean they aren’t hot together!!!!

We start out in the middle of a war zone and we meet Reid Galvin, Navy SEAL. He’s just lost good friends in a helicopter crash. He’s going back in with another group to gather whatever remains they can from those soldiers. They’re also going back in to punish the terroris
Callixta
Feb 01, 2013 Callixta rated it really liked it

Avis de Callixta

Callie Croix est en réalité Kaylea Cross, une auteure canadienne de romantic suspense. Passionnée et très renseignée sur le milieu militaire, elle utilise encore beaucoup ce contexte lorsqu’elle écrit sous son autre nom de plume de la romance érotique. Cela donne une intéressante série chez Carina Press de romans centrés autour de SEALs où son talent pour le romantic suspense se marie aux scènes très sensuelles.

Pour cet épisode, elle se con
Stephanie Collins
Jan 07, 2013 Stephanie Collins rated it really liked it
This was a quick intense read for a few reasons. You have an unknown threat trying to get to the heroine and the intensity that is brought about by a hurting heart caused by a lack of communication between the main pair. I'm happy we start the story knowing they have a history so the fast pace once they reunite makes sense. The tension between the two is believable and you feel drawn to both of them as you get to see how they truly feel about one another.

Reid is a Navy SEAL who had to leave on a
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Madison's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 Stars

From the opening scene of the book, I fell in love with Reid Galvin. He’s a Navy Seal doing what his country has asked of him. Pulling fellow service members from the wreckage of a downed Chinook atruegemawardand then going out to avenge their deaths. It’s the only thing on his mind. Except when he closes his eyes, all he can see is the face of a woman who stole his heart the last time he was on leave – Becca Anderson.

When Reid goes
Adis
3 stars/5 stars

The title apt with the story. It was about seduction – between Reid Galvin, a badass SEAL, and Becca Andrews, a beautiful programmer. They were hooked up after met in someone weeding and pretty much fall to each other. But when Reid go back to the field and accident happen, he suddenly cut her out, Becca feeling hurt and she thought that she was just a fling for him. When she was going on a date with her coworker, for out of the blue Reid called her. Simply said that he was prepar
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!

Mmmmm…..mmmmm…..mmmmmmmm…..Men in Uniform…..Mmmmm….Does it get any better than that? Only if it’s a HOT HOT Navy SEAL! Mmmmmm…….

Reid Galvin is a Navy SEAL who’s been in a war zone for quite a while. He’s watched friends die and come close himself. All he wants to do is go home to Becca. Only, he’s not sure Becca will be waiting on him. He’s screwed up one too many times.

Becca has decided Reid has moved on. So, she’s trying to move on as well. As she heads out for date, Reid calls her and wants
Trish
ARC provided by NetGalley.
4.5 Stars

Book Review

I became a fan of Croix's work since reading her book, Let Me In. She writes with such emotion and startling honesty. Her characters are flawed but full of heart and passion that steam up the pages.

And Covert Seduction was everything that I hoped and expected.

Reid and Becca met at a wedding and their relationship grew, blossomed, and then--Reid, a Navy SEAL, left for Afghanistan, with the promise that he would return to her.

Six weeks later, Becca
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Club Wonderland (Friends and Benefits, #2)
  • First Temptation (Covert Affairs, #1.2)
  • Wicked Valentine
  • Passion Next Door (The Pleasure Brigade, #1)
  • Platinum (Facets of Passion #2)
  • Worth The Risk
  • Red Zone (Daniels Brothers, #2)
  • Hard Way (Vegas Top Guns, #4)
  • One More Kiss
  • Absolution (Suspense Series, #5)
  • Red Hot Holiday
  • Mr. Sinful (Heartfelt Book 1)
  • Smokin' Hot (Firefighters of Lanville, TX, #1)
  • His Every Fantasy (Sultry Summer Nights, #2)
  • To Know Her (Last Saints, #2)
  • Fierce