Start by marking “Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)

Raging Star (Dust Lands #3)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  6,231 Ratings  ·  854 Reviews
Her passion kept them alive. Now it may destroy them all.

Saba is ready to seize her destiny and defeat DeMalo...until she meets him and finds herself drawn to the man and his vision of a healed earth, a New Eden. DeMalo wants Saba to join him, in life and work, to build a stable, sustainable world…for the chosen few. The young and the healthy. Under his control.

Jack’s choi
Published May 13th 2014 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Raging Star, please sign up.

Millie Godfery This is the same with me! I have to wait until August till it comes out in stores. Arrrggh so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain- I don't know…moreThis is the same with me! I have to wait until August till it comes out in stores. Arrrggh so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain- I don't know how much longer I can wait....(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
41st out of 2,658 books — 15,853 voters
YA Novels of 2014
34th out of 1,533 books — 8,917 voters

More lists with this book...

Jul 11, 2016 Nisat rated it it was ok
Ok i'ma rant right now. I just finished Rebel Heart and i'm unsatisfied.

1st: How the hell is Saba just gonna leave without finishing that vudo magic trick with Ewdice, or whatever her name is. Like bitch, you could already tell dark foreshadowing, you need to haul your ass back to Ewdice and finish your spell cast!!

2nd: Jack's just annoying the shit outa me. Saba goes through all that trouble tracking his ass and he's all chill like, i'm trying to do the right things Saba and i'm sorry I made
Oct 17, 2013 Kyle marked it as to-read
10/17/13: It's an ok cover. I really did prefer the original style of the first book though and wish they had kept up with that.

I just -

I can't.

Lisa RC
Aug 14, 2014 Lisa RC rated it it was ok

OKAY. Just finished Rebel Heart. Let's just say it's done a good job. Now we all have to wait a year or two for the final book to come out.

What I hope will happen
Saba doesn't get pregnant and Jack never knows of Saba's betrayal.
Lugh dies. Hopefully it's on his way to that utopia of his so the readers will laugh at the irony. Or the ugly Tontons get him again.
If not dead, Lugh realizes how awesome Jack is and apologizes.
Meav comes back to life (but doesn't choose Lugh).
Aug 22, 2015 Cindy marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-must-have-this
August 2015 update: So, this book has been available for over a year and I still haven't read it... shame on me.

Being a broke-ass, half-dead, sleep-deprived college student who cries and pretends to study all semester long then hibernates during spring/summer/winter break is harsh :(
0/10 would recommend.
September 2013 update: 7 months and 10 days left, guys.
There's nothing to do but wait, I suppose...

"DeMalo wants Saba to join him, in life and work, to create and b
Sep 22, 2014 Madeleine rated it it was ok
Mother. Fucking. Dustlands.

Every book I finish of this series, I snap shut with the same reaction.

I...I have very mixed feelings on this series' end.

Why is it I walk away from these books with nothing but positive recommendations, yet as I read, I skim, drag, and look ahead, every sign of a bad book? I am not in the moment during these books. I am anxiously waiting for them to get better.

These books have been an emotional struggle for me. I love them in theory, and sometimes in practice. Jack
Cait (Paper Fury)
Raging Star? More like RAGING CAIT right now. Insert gross sobbing here. Also feels of bewilderment and mild psychotic bouts of howling. What even do I THINK of this book?! ERGH. MERP. AREKERRRRK. <-- That's the best I can do, okay?

HAHA JUST KIDDING. Omg, you peoples, I'm addicted to writing reviews (and flooding you all with my fabulous opinions) so heck yes you're going to get the full unfurling of my brain on this book.

Jun 26, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Alright Blood Red Road was definatly a promising book that got me hooked right away. Rebel Heart like oh hot damnn. But honestly I hated Lugh. Is it bad to say I hope he dies in the third book. Seriously the kid is all oh I love you sis and then like two pages later he goes all phsyco on her. And whenever she left to go do what she does rescuing people and saving the day he always stopped her or tagged along slowing her down. Like dude back off.

Let's talk about DeMalo. Okay that guy is insane. l
Genocide criminal genius & master of all villainy Unknown

Well now I'm depressed......ARGH!

Saru (Queen of Bookland)
Edit: 9/2/13-

Well, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of these covers. But whatever. It's what's inside that counts.

The very last paragraph of Rebel Heart was just like...

May 12, 2013 Natasa marked it as to-read
Came on to Goodreads today to see when this book comes out, because I thought it was soon. My reaction when I saw I saw 2014:

Which was immediately followed by this:

TRILOGIES (especially this one):
Yup, I need to know how a story ends. This is probably some messed up way of teaching us how to be patient.
May 20, 2014 Sarah rated it did not like it
I waited about a week to write this review...mostly because I didn't think it deserved one. I've seen some of the reviews other people have written and most of them are in the 4-5 star range. To those people I can only say that I'm glad you didn't feel that you wasted your time reading this, because I sure as hell did.

This book is hands down the worst book I've read all year. Granted, it's only May, but I will bet anyone who reads this review that it will remain the worst for the next half of th
Kit Kat
Mar 16, 2014 Kit Kat marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-be-continued
I have to wait till May!! for this book???? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Mrs. Young you are making me suffer!!!!!!!!!!=(

Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
A finished unsolicited copy was provided by the publisher for review.

I was highly anticipating the release of Raging Star but I also wanted to make sure I was ready for the conclusion. I avoided reading this for a couple of months only because I didn't want it to end. You can say I wanted to keep myself immersed in Saba's story.

In that case, I got my wish because this was all about Saba taking down DeMelo. His tyranny had to end and what better way then infiltrate his mission in life? I found t
Jan 03, 2016 Lucia rated it it was ok
Shelves: dystopia
Book 1: Blood Red Road- 4 STARS
Book 2: Rebel Heart - 2 STARS
Book 3: Raging Star - 2.5 STARS

This is the most conflicted I have ever felt about book series. I adored some parts of this trilogy and hated the others. Let's see what are pluses and minuses of Dust Lands trilogy.

Saba, the narrator and heroine of this trilogy, is bold, rude, vicious and very determined. On the top of that she is selfish and stubborn. Surprisingly, instead of
Impressions right after Rebel Heart:

Too bad Jack didn't manage to kill himself while blowing up the Tonton ammo storage. Let's hope he makes a quick exit in book 3...

Update after reading Raging Star...

It wasn’t as terrible as I had expected, as the plot had some direction this time, but it’s hard to like a book when you don’t feel an emotional connection to any of the characters. Moira Young finally managed to portray DeMalo as the villain, but there were a couple of points that made me uncom
Sep 27, 2012 Wea marked it as to-read
Shelves: someday-lol
why would it take soooooooo long? 2014 are you fu**ing kidding me?!

My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I received this book free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Good grief, what happened to this series? Upon finishing Blood Red Road my response was something along the lines of “OMG ALL THE STARS. YOU GET ALL THE STARS YOU AMAZING BOOK.” There may have also been some arm flailing. And then came the interminable wait for the next installment, Rebel Heart, but as soon as it had release
Estelle (E)
May 27, 2014 Estelle (E) rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, dystopia, 2014
*heavy sigh*
Just finished and I feel very disappointted..

Firstly, I didn't remember the narration was with slang all the way and that there were no speech marks at all.. I'm not sure why I didn't remember that, I read the other 2 books. But that required heavy concentration...which made me fall asleep every time I picked up the book! (I swear I fell asleep at least 4 times while reading it).

Secondly, (which may be another reason), I waited (not too patiently) for the book to start.. and that hap
Nov 12, 2013 Lucy marked it as to-read
Raging Star (Dust Lands) 2014????

I have a problem with this.
Erin Bowman
Simply put, I am obsessed with this series. The dialect, the world, the characters… I love it all.

In this final installment, a threat from DeMalo leaves Saba with seven days to either surrender her fight or find a way to defeat him and his plans for New Eden. This ticking-clock element keeps the pacing tight and tensions high. A few masterfully crafted scenes written in third person reveal a traitor within Saba’s group, though the details are vague. I was constantly torn between who I t
Sarah *on hiatus*
A four-sentence review: I think Blood Red Road could've worked better as a standalone, as the last two books didn't add anything besides predictable character development.
The plot thickens, but it is nowhere near as intense and fast-paced as before - in fact, Raging Star moves slow as a snail and the story loses steam. The very end is acceptable, but so similar to others in the genre. I highly recommend the first book, but you could skip the next two unless you want to be underwhelmed.
Feb 25, 2015 Helen marked it as on-the-shelf-and-going-to-read
So... that's the cover?

Josephine Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
You just take your time, Moira. I can wait. :)
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
What a read! Raging Star is a surprisingly different read from what I anticipated but it was still go good that I couldn’t put it down, and it’s definitely an unforgettable finale!

Moira Young is back with the long awaited finale in her Dustlands series, and this time we see Saba, Jack and the guerilla band trying to take down DeMalo and his Tonton militia in a number of different ways. Saba’s hiding many secrets – especially her connection with DeMalo and that one weak moment where Saba gives i
Apr 28, 2014 lilithstealsyou rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and absolutely loved it. The final installation in the Dust Lands trilogy did not disappoint. Despite all the 'If you liked Hunger Games you'll love this' comments, I actually preferred this trilogy. I felt it was more consistent in terms of pacing, and the ending in 'Raging Star' was much more satisfying and well-planned (and less rushed!) than 'Mockingjay'. Also, the author's world-building was amazing. I couldn't put it down. What am I going to read now?

(view spoile
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Jun 19, 2014 Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* marked it as probably-not

I'll probably end up reading this, but ... ehhh I don't know. I'm torn because the second book was kinda disappointing. I may wait to see how other people feel about it first. So if you read it ... let me know what you think, because I'm kind of undecided.

Due to all the negative reviews I've been seeing, I think I'll probably skip this after all. After I was disappointed by the second book I didn't feel particularly compelled to keep reading ... and from what I've heard, this on
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
The Angel of Death... I'm going to have a huge book hangover from this one. I miss the Dust Lands and the characters-Saba, Emmi, Auriel, Mercy, Slim, Jack, DeMalo- all of them, already.

In Raging Star, Saba has to the blood moon, 7 days, to bring DeMalo down and although they call Saba the Angel of Death because she's won so many fights and has so many deaths on her head, she believes this is one battle that has to be won without weapons. That's not what her crew, the Free Hawks are use too thoug
Raeleen Lemay
Aug 03, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I was really enjoying this book, but it was so slow that halfway through I started skimming it, but I gathered what happened at the end sort of and UGH THE EMOTIONS. Overall it wasn't captivating enough though.

Maria (highinthebooksky)
May 23, 2015 Maria (highinthebooksky) rated it it was amazing
rollercoaster of emotions!I can't believe the things that happen in the end!
De Malo (spoilers!) 1 54 Feb 09, 2016 09:13AM
What the hell happened to Tracker at the end of the book! 2 63 Aug 24, 2014 08:07PM
Did anyone hate that Saba never puts Lugh in his place? 3 47 Aug 07, 2014 07:54AM
Crazy for Young A...: Raging Star (Dust Lands #3) by Moira Young → Start Date: June 14th, 2014 66 121 Jun 27, 2014 08:25AM
Tommo & DeMalo 8 230 May 18, 2014 08:33PM
Dustlands Series Dream Cast 1 54 May 12, 2014 01:46PM
A little help? 1 45 Apr 14, 2014 04:57PM
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Burn (Pure, #3)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Earth Flight (Earth Girl, #3)
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2)
  • The Eve (The Eden Trilogy, #3)
  • Sunrise (Ashfall, #3)
  • Deception (Defiance, #2)
  • UnDivided (Unwind, #4)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
Moira Young is from Vancouver, BC and now lives in the UK. A former actor and opera singer, her debut novel, Blood Red Road, first in the Dustlands trilogy, was published in 2011 to international acclaim. It won a host of prizes including the Costa Children’s Book Award, the British Columbia Book Prize for Children’s Literature and France's Le Prix des Incorruptibles. In the USA it won a Cybils Aw ...more
More about Moira Young...

Dust Lands (3 books)
  • Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)

“How did you find me? The heartstone? he says.
I look into his eyes. His silver moonlight eyes. The still calmwater heart of him.
I don’t need no stone to find you. I’d find you anywhere, I says.”
“Some things are jest too big to fergive.” 8 likes