Start by marking “Thy Fearful Symmetry” as Want to Read:
Thy Fearful Symmetry

Thy Fearful Symmetry

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The end of the world started in Glasgow, with a kiss.

Two people - two creatures - fated to be eternal enemies downed their blazing spears and loved. To do so, they broke rules hardwired into the DNA of the universe.

The universe noticed. The universe broke.

Now Heaven and Hell are hunting them. Nobody on Earth can help them. Worst of all, the fabric of reality is unravelling
Published August 19th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Thy Fearful Symmetry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thy Fearful Symmetry

Kevin Lucia
So, this was really, REALLY excellent, an epic, apocalyptic tale that was paced masterfully. The characters are very well drawn, the plot intricate but NOT convoluted, with some very nice twists. It balances a tightrope between a bleak ending, and one offering at least a glimmer of hope, and manages to pull it off. Also some pretty intriguing metaphysical musings RE: the nature of God and human suffering and providence, and good and evil. Excellent, should not be missed over overlooked.
Krista Hensley
I went into this book, not really knowing what to expect, but it came highly recommended by a friend so I dug in. I actually won a copy of the book in a giveaway and it was probably not the one I would have chosen for myself because I don't read a lot of "horror" genre stories.

Wow. I was completely hooked. I loved the small twists, loved the fact that there was character development for all of the people we were introduced too, and loved how even when things were completely falling apart, there
Jennifer Wilson
Not many apocalyptic stories are going to be lighthearted stories -- and this is no exception, but there are very humorous bits as well as some parts that have you really rooting for several of the characters involved. This was a very masterfully written book with several subplots that definitely kept you guessing as to who were the good guys, who were the bad guys, and what exactly was going to be the end result (which I will admit, I did not see coming!)

I will definitely be seeking out more of
Melissa
Wow. I picked up this book because I thought the blurb sounded intriguing and I didn't really know exactly what I was getting myself into. Paranormal, Horror, Thriller or Fantasy? Whatever it was it got under my skin and terrified me to pieces.

Here is a small excerpt:

"Then his eyeballs began to sizzle and pop, dripping scalding fluids over his cheeks that raised blisters across his blackening face. When he opened his mouth to howl, steam shot forth as though from a dragon's maw. A distant cra
Matt Schiariti
Who would have thought that the Apocalypse would start not as the result of some celestial plan but as the result of two ill fated immortals who wanted nothing more than to love each other? When Ambrose and Pandora, two angels, fall in love and try to find happiness together, they begin a chain of events that starts the end of the world much earlier than the creator had planned. By being together they broke an inherent rule of the universe and the only way to right it is to wipe the slate clean. ...more
Jessica
One word for Richard Wright's novel: Intense. Thy Fearful Symmetry isn't a read for a sunny day at the beach. No, this book is more the type that you drag into your bed and read under the covers with a flashlight. The end of the world as we know it is here. The apocalypse, Judgement Day, call it what you will. It's upon us, and Richard Wright's view of that day is sure to scare the living daylights out of you!

First off I have to applaud the brilliant cast of characters that make their debut in t
Jackie Trippier Holt
I found this book at the Indie Book Shelf and was intrigued, especially because the week I read it I had passed through Glasgow (where the story is set) - a fair enough reason for choosing a book! This is a tale of angels and demons, written by an athiest. It was fast-paced, gory, humorous, human and bleak in places too. Wright's description bordered on the over-written in a few places where I would have preferred more judicious use of a red pen; however, I didn't mind it too much because it is, ...more
Jackie Blewett
I really struggled to put this book down. It's a great read. Be prepared for some gore - I'm not a horror fan, but I can cope with the supernatural which this is. The characters in this book feel convincingly real... and flawed. I cared about all of them. This is really well worth buying.
Jenn
Nice premise, pretty good execution. There's even zombies.
Ashley - The Bookish Brunette
This sounds freaking awesome!
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Catrina Parker
Catrina Parker marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Vickie Bross
Vickie Bross marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Jamie
Jamie added it
Dec 31, 2014
Martin Livings
Martin Livings marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
An author of strange, dark fictions currently living in New Delhi, India after over a decade in Glasgow, Scotland.
More about Richard Wright...
The Flesh Market His Work To See Hiram Grange and the Nymphs of Krakow: The Scandalous Misadventures of Hiram Grange (Book #5) Craven Place Cuckoo