Start by marking “Sex, Death & Honey: From the Misadventures of Butch Quick” as Want to Read:
Sex, Death & Honey: From the Misadventures of Butch Quick

Sex, Death & Honey: From the Misadventures of Butch Quick (The Misadventures of Butch Quick #1)

Dead hookers, crazy gunmen, and pissed-off drug lords. Butch Quick is having a really bad night.

Meet Butch Quick, a seven-foot tall, 300-pound Native American with a face like a leather football helmet. Butch is a repo man, bounty hunter, and nightclub bouncer, among other things. Times are tough, but he’s getting by okay. Or he was until now. See, Butch is having a really
Published August 17th 2012 by Genius Book Publishing (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sex, Death & Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex, Death & Honey

Scott Tyson
Aug 23, 2012 Scott Tyson rated it really liked it
Why did I blitz through Brian Knight’s Sex, Death & Honey in one short sitting? ‘Cause the man can write one hell of a fast paced, kick-arse, compelling novel, that’s why. Doesn’t matter whether it’s dark and bloody, a young adult’s fantasy come true, or a crime thriller like SD&H. The guy has writing talent in spades.

But the number one reason why I loved this book? Characterizations. And what makes his characters so damned appealing? They are all flawed to hell. Now, I’m not suggesting
Frank Errington
Aug 19, 2012 Frank Errington rated it it was amazing
When I read, I generally read for fun. It's not that I don't like to learn, but my job in IT requires that I learn new things all the time and when I'm ready to relax with a book, the last thing I want to do is use my brain. No problem here, Sex, Death & Honey requires no heaving thinking. It's like candy for the brain and calories be damned.

This is how the hero describes himself... "My name is Butch Quick, and I deal with Paradise Valley’s less savory residents for a living. I work for my U
Steven Booth
Aug 18, 2012 Steven Booth rated it it was amazing
This version of Sex, Death & Honey is based on the novella published a few years back by Cargo Cult Press. The story has been expanded and brought up to date and is now a complete novel.

As the publisher of this novel, I don't want to say more about it than I am proud to have had the opportunity to work with Brian Knight on this project, and I think every crime/noir/mystery/hard-boiled reader, or even fans of just really good fiction, will like this novel. It's fun, it's fast paced, and if y
Desdemona
Sep 29, 2012 Desdemona rated it it was amazing
Repo man.
Crappy job, crappy day, crappy situation.
Just when you think Butch can get out of it alive or walk away unscathed, *BAM* into another unorthodox conundrum. This is a total 360 from some of B. Knight's earlier works in a refreshingly welcome way.
Never trust women, especially one called 'Honey'.
Jesus.
I finished the last chapter with a big grin on my face.
Butch you dirty dog you...cheers.
Charlene Erks
Aug 26, 2012 Charlene Erks rated it it was amazing
With the perfect blend of quirky humor and page turning action Brian Knight tells the story of Butch Quick, the compelling main character, who accidentally discovers a body in the trunk, leading him into a whole lot of "misadventure". As Butch's character develops you want to feel for him, root for him, and fight right along with him. With his cynical attitude and unsung hero personality, Butch reminds me of one of my favorite fictional characters Harry Dresden created by Jim Butcher.

I love the
Sheri White
Sep 04, 2012 Sheri White rated it it was amazing
Great book, suspenseful and funny. Check out my full review at The Horror Fiction Review.
Julie rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
Scott Tyson
Scott Tyson rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2012
Aug 21, 2012
Mike rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Colleen Wanglund
Colleen Wanglund rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Mike rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2012
Shawna Knight
Shawna Knight rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2013
Dennis Harris
Dennis Harris rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2012
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Johntammi
Johntammi is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2012
Lee Thompson
Lee Thompson marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2012
Anahi {Semi Hiatus}
Anahi {Semi Hiatus} marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Philip McClimon
Philip McClimon marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2012
Kurt Criscione
Kurt Criscione marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Brian Knight
Jan 08, 2013 Brian Knight added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Finegrit
Finegrit marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2013
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Chris Way-Jones
Chris Way-Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Terrie Leigh Relf
Terrie Leigh Relf marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Mathias
Mathias marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Stan Wilson
Stan Wilson marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Greg Adkins
Greg Adkins marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Rechielle
Rechielle marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Mike added it
Aug 29, 2016
Brian Knight lives in Washington State with his family and the voices in his head. His favorite things include coffee, writing outdoors on warm summer nights, and Hawaiian shirts. Find him online at www.Brian-Knight.com.
More about Brian Knight...

The Misadventures of Butch Quick (3 books)
  • A Face Full of Ugly - From The Misadventures of Butch Quick