Collide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #1)

Collide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  2,972 ratings  ·  161 reviews
When Mari accidentally overhears that Trystan is in love, she can't believe it. He's pining over some girl that doesn't know he's alive. The confident swagger and endless stream of girls is a facade. It conceals his loneliness and hides how messed up he's really become trying to flee from a life that's battered him to his core.

Trystan tries to figure out how to make it cle...more
Published August 30th 2012 by Laree Bailey Press

Rhonda
Bad-Ass Cover!!

col-lide: to come together with a solid or direct impact.

Collide is the first story I’ve read by H.M. Ward, and definitely won’t be my last. This was another case of cover love that hooked me into reading this story, and I certainly wasn’t disappointed. This is a YA contemporary romance from an author who is likely best know for her YA PNR. This is Vol. 1 in The Secret Life of Trystan Scott. And H.M. Ward is an evil woman for splitting this story up in to multiple volumes. ;)

Trys...more
Marie
OMG. When I read the last page, I actually turned over my Kindle looking for more. THIS WAS SO GOOD! Trystan Scott is perfect: hot, damaged, and totally in love. It's tragic and romantic. I can't wait to see what happens next! I blew through this book in about 3 hours. I want the next one NOW. This is a series I'm gonna stalk. Totally. Read it. You'll love it.
Sophie
3.5*
(Love that cover!)
Soo short, I didn't want it to end!! Especially when it just starts to get really interesting. Really want to read the next one! October seems so far away now ..

Holly
All I have to say if WTF?!?! I loved this book but way to short and holy cliffhanger!!! I want book 2 NOW!
Teiamarie
Izzy {Valdez} Lightfleur ~ ͠♥Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ﹖♥
ARC BABY!

Awesome. Romance. I loved it. End of review.

Well, not THE end of the review, but still. Mari is a teen girl in high school. Trystan is a senior, soon to graduate. The main conflict is romance. Trystan Scott is in love with a girl who doesn't know he's alive. Collide takes place in a high school, so you can imagine it's chaos.

Mari. Took me a few tries to be able to pronouce her name right. :P I thought she was great. I liked her very, very much. I like her attitude, the way she acts, and...more
Jalyn
Brief summary
Mari has been friends with Trystan since she started prepping him for school plays in 9th grade. She knows he's a player, but she's still drawn to him. Trystan is in love with Mari. She has no idea and he doesn't know how to tell her so he writes a song and anonymously posts it on youtube, where it goes viral. Mari connects with the song and wishes (like everyone else she knows) that she knew who wrote it.

What I liked
This was a cute and quick read. I felt for, and connected with, b...more
J. Lynne
Okay, so here's the deal. Ward is a gifted writer, and I love her concept with this series. However, I made the mistake of reading the first two books only to find out that the fourth book is only 67 pages long but costs the same amount of money. I'm sorry, but three dollars is too much for 67 pages; at least, it is in my book. Nevertheless, I will leave a review.

This was a relatively good book, but I had read Ward's DAMAGED novel before reading this one, and the writing was more developed in th...more
Lorna
Sep 26, 2012 Lorna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook

Collide was the first book i read by H.M Ward. she had been recommened to me by a friend so i thought i'd read her newist book so i could under stand what all my friends were going on about, i am So glad i did as it was Amazing.

Just a Short Review as havent got much time!

*********REVIEW CONTAINS LOTS AND LOTS OF SPOILERS********

The book focuses on a girl called Mari and a Boy called Trystan. They both go to the same school are friends. Trystan's Family life isn’t great with an alcoholic had who...more
Lisa
Sep 13, 2012 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: indie
I really enjoyed this YA Romance by H.M. Ward. It had some romance, dealt with raw, emotional issues and drew me into the character from very early on. Collide is told in altering points of view, switching between Trystan and Mari which worked really well. As the reader I knew they had similar feelings for each other but both had their reasons for not pushing forward with those feelings. It helped me to relate to the characters and their storyline.

I fell in love with Trystan's character right aw...more
B at Spare Time Book Blog
I was lucky to get an ARC of this one!
Collide is a novella that follows Mari and Trystan's story. I was so surprised by Collide. I read this novella in about three hours. I was sucked in quickly and devoured it. It isn't your typical young hot man meets girl and they are instantly infatuated and sex crazed. Mari and Trystan have been friends for a couple years. Mari helping Trystan run lines for a play. Trystan seems like your typical hot guy but, he has a few big secrets.

The novella switches b...more
Margaret Foxe
I hate serial novels, as a general rule, and probably won't start any more of them after this one (hint hint, authors!!!!) but this was an exception.

I am in love with Trystan Scott. What a great, complex character. He reminded me of Jordan Catalano (My So Called Life), except hotter and kinder. The relationship between the hero and heroine was also very well-done. I thought the author did a good job showing how each of them repressed their feelings and had no clue how the other felt. I thought t...more
Red
I adore HM Ward. I adore this book. I adore Mari. I adore Trystan and I adore this word 'adore' :p

The book is told with the perspective views of both the leads. They were some awesome moments between the two. *sighs* Both the leads are very strong characters. Just read the book. As I will spill the whole story. ;)

I liked the way the book began (it was so different than the other books with a similar story where a hot guy falls for a girl who is oblivious to his charms) and ended (too quickly :(...more
Michelle
Meet Trystan. He is the confident & cocky boy on campus. But there is one girl that he can't seem to get to notice him. Mari has known Trystan for years - she has been forced to help him run his lines for school plays and she has had to watch as the girls at school swoon at his feet. These two know plenty about each other - but both fail to see how they truly feel about one another.

We get to see the hard life that Trystan has endured and a hidden talent that might just be his key to escape...more
Sara
Collide was really good!! I found some of the 2 povs a little repetitive which is why it has a 4 instead of 5 star rating, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed it. And what makes it even more exciting is book 2 came out a couple days ago so I can read it right away! Especially since it left me hanging.

This book is about Trystan and Mari and their secret crushes on each other. Both think the other one is out of reach and will never be able to be together like they each yearn for. Trystan has a few sh...more
Liliana Saquicela
Ok, so i was a little hesitant to read this book at first (don't know why) but i am soooo glad that did, and now i want MORE!!!....TRYSTAN SCOTT is one hot babe and H.M. Ward cannot be more on the money!!!!!.....Trystan's POV were the ones i looked the most forward to and he did not disappoint!!!!...I am so glad for e-books a book like this one makes them worth not being able to hold them.....Just the context is great. Although i wouldn't mind having me a piece of Trystan!!!!LOL...Thanks for thi...more
Mike J
This was an awesome YA Romance. My daughter absolutely loved it! Be forewarned, it's a series, and the ending will leave you turning the page looking for what happens next.

For slightly older readers, you may get the same feeling you get after reading Catcher in the Rye. You'll be able to tell that it's not aimed squarely at you, but odds are you'll enjoy nonetheless.
Crystal Zapata
I am a HUGE fan of H.M Ward. I love how a lot of her characters know one another. So it's pretty exciting to read one series and then another pops up but it's not really a spin off book it's a different story to tell.
Anyway, Trystan Scott. High school stud with a secret talent. Trystan is trying his damnest to stay on track so he can get out of the hell hole he lives in with an abusive father. The only thing that's pulling him off track is Mari. Trystan can have pretty much any girl he wants wi...more
Shambhawi P.
The story was nice and sweet. It kinda pissed me that each time the PoV switched between Mari and Trystan we'd get a total rehash of the same thing again.
The writing was a but choppy was it was nice and sweet and promising for the next installment.
Which I haz.
Christon
Wow! It's exciting to read Trystan's story and delve into his past since I was introduced to him in The Arrangement series, and saw him again in Damaged and Stripped. Although this story takes place before any of those, I've only read the first part and I can already understand some of why Trystan is the way he is. I've now actually fallen for him just as hard as I've fallen for those Ferro men. But I am frustrated with him at this point of the story, him and Mari. I hope they both get the coura...more
Julie
Trystan Scott is quite the heart throb. He exudes confidence, and has a string of girls just waiting for his attention. None of them no he keeps a secret. One that leaves him battered.

Mari has been friends with Trystan for years. What she doesn’t know is that Trystan has fallen in love with her. To let his feelings out, Trystan uploads a video in which he sings about his love for Mari. Shadows keep his identity hidden, and he didn’t actually sing Mari’s name. The video was an instant hit on the...more
Charisse
Oooh so short but I loved it. Can't wait to read the next one. Tee he!
Pat
It's pretty impressive for a series! I can say I'm pretty hooked with the story. The characters were loveable and it's like I'm back in school again. Can't wait for the next! :)

“It doesn’t matter if I tell her, she won’t believe me. You see Mari, it’s you. You’re the one I can’t stop thinking about. You’re the one who makes my heart race and my mood soar. You’re the reason that I can’t sleep, can’t eat. The pain inside my chest, that ache that longs for your touch, devours me.”

Gotta get some gut...more
Joanna
The first book in the Trystan Scott series is very sweet, romantic, scary, heart wrenching, and touching.
The characters, Trystan and Mari, are great friends from different worlds, so they think. Trystan has secrets no one knows about, not even his closest friends. He's a bit of a loner who has a bad boy reputation. Try's tans home life is questionable at best,with a mother who left him behind, and a father who blames him for loosing her.

Mari is a sweet and shy "girl next door" kind of girl who s...more
The BookWhisperer
Collide is one of those books that have sat on my TBR pile for some time, and I just couldn't seem to find the time to jump into it. Now, I am kicking myself in the A**.... What took me so long when this would prove to be a story that I would race through in one sitting. This was a powerfully emotional read. Trystan is not your average boy, and the abuse and terrible life that he is living is heartbreaking. It was nothing to read through this short story, and find moments that a lone tear would...more
Reeses
See Original Post Here

I received a copy for an honest review.

Mari and Trystan have been friends since her freshman year.When Mari goes searching for Trystan to go running lines for the play to save their butts, she over hears Trystan talking to his friend Sam about how he's fallen for this girl. A girl who doesn't know he's even alive.

What seems to be insane is actually happening, Trystan Scott is in love. Where most of the time he's into the "love them and leave them" rule. Now his usual swagg...more
Cassandra
First off I have to say that I really liked the story. But I don't think that it should be sold as a complete book - because it is not. It's like 60 pages or so. That does not make a book! It's more like a novella or half of a story (or more like a quarter of a story). It also ends abruptly in the middle of a scene and on a huge cliffhanger. Not too happy about that. For 2,68 € the story should have been longer.

Thus said I have to admit that it was pretty good and I really liked it. In the first...more
Lisa Hines
You can find this review at My Favorite Things

Collide by H.M. Ward is the first book in the serial novel series The Secret Life of Trystan Scott. It is one of H. M. Wards earlier (2012) series and is NOT a paranormal romance. I would categorize this first installment as New Adult.

What a tragic, bittersweet tale, I cannot wait to read more. My heart is breaking for poor Trystan.

Mari is a Junior in high school and is charged with coaching Trystan, a senior, on his lines for the lead role in the s...more
Abby
For some reason, this was a quick read. Like I started this at around 9pm and its 11:20pm now. Anyways, I think it should've clone for longer because it finished when things just started to get heated.

At first I didn't really feel the love that Mari had for Trystan, but I did towards his role for her. Honestly, the best friends on both sides of the characters, Katie for Mari, and Seth for Trystan..... I hated them both. Actually no I didn't hate them, they just annoyed the shit out of me. Like...more
Borderstar
There are elements I like but also bits I don't. It is a bit too YA for me...I keep saying that lately as I'm drawn into reading YA books but then wonder why once I'm reading them as I don't like high school melodramatics! However, I guess this isn't too bad.

We find out the basic backstory for the setting of the characters and their lives, but not a lot happens in itself...its keeping me reading but I do find the different POV occasionally jarring. We relive a lot of the events through both POV,...more
H.M. Ward's Hot N...: Collide (Trystan Scott #1) 3 40 Feb 02, 2014 08:48AM
H.M. Ward's Hot N...: Collide (Trystan Scott #1) 5 71 Oct 15, 2013 08:06AM
  • Secrets Vol. 3 (Secrets, #3)
  • Elder (Firstborn Trilogy, #3)
  • The Taker
  • Dear Julia
  • Alienation (C.H.A.O.S., #2)
  • Alibi Junior High
  • Love Evolution (Brutal Strength, #1; Black Cat Records, #1)
  • Falling into You (Falling into You, #1)
  • His Island Bride (The Bride #4)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Winter White (Belles, #2)
  • Slow Burn
  • Playing With You (Riding Tall, #5)
  • My Only (Versions, #1)
  • Moving Neutral (Moving Neutral, #1)
  • Rocky Road
  • The Baby Bargain (Once A Marine, #1)
H.M. Ward is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling New Adult author, having sold over 5 million books since her debut in 2011.

This NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, USA TODAY, and Amazon #1 bestselling writer's series include: THE FERRO FAMILY: DAMAGED, THE ARRANGEMENT, and STRIPPED; as well as SCANDALOUS, TRYSTAN SCOTT, and SECRETS. Ward was recently featured in FORBES, the WALL STREET JOURNAL, and th...more
More about H.M. Ward...
Damaged (Damaged, #1) Damaged 2 (Damaged, #2) The Arrangement: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #1) The Arrangement 2: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #2) The Arrangement 3: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #3)

“Most girls want the right guy. They aren't looking for a one-time thing.” 5 likes
“There was no way to have a civilized conversation with that guy. It's like he was raised by giraffes or something.” 0 likes