Start by marking “Body Magic (Triad #2)” as Want to Read:
Body Magic (Triad #2)

Body Magic (Triad #2)

Sequel to Mind Magic
Triad: Book Two

A pack is only as strong as its weakest member. Rocky Harris knows how the system works. He’s been on the bottom rung his whole life. But when his alpha consigns him to the High Moon Pack to help them improve security, he finds his beliefs not just challenged but outright assaulted.

Cade Montgomery’s confidence took a hit when the pack’s c
Published September 10th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Body Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body Magic

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
156th out of 890 books — 1,244 voters
Among the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceWith Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Paranormals
406th out of 905 books — 709 voters

More lists with this book...

Ingela
Written February 26, 2015

3 Stars - A good second installment to a nice PNR series

Book #2

I enjoyed listening to the first book in this 'Triad' shifter-series (not standalone's). Once again is it narrated by Robert G. Davis (6:30 hrs).

descriptiondescriptiondescription

***********************************************************

The second book about the wolf shifters in the High Moon Pack continue where we left the mage Simon Osborne and his new mate, the pack-alpha Gray Townsend, in the first book (#1 - Mind Magic (3 stars))
Cole Riann
Re-read on 4.30.13 - Review stands. I'm re-read in preparation for the third book!

Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

**Beware! Some spoilers for those who haven't read the first book**

Earlier this year I picked up a book on a whim by an author I'd never read before. I ended up absolutely charmed by the book that just seemed to have something special that made it rise above its few flaws. In looking at it, it was hard to pinpoint exactly what made it special. Though there are elements unique to
Mandapanda
Sep 10, 2012 Mandapanda rated it liked it
Shelves: various-romance
You need to read the first book in the series (Mind Magic) before this one or you'll be disappointed. Body Magic picks up right where Mind Magic finishes. According to the blurb this book is about Cade and Rocky but in fact Simon and Gray from book 1 get more page time. The High Moon Pack is just starting to accept its Alpha (Gray) being mated to a Mage (Simon). Representatives of the Were Council arrive to judge the mating but an Alpha from another pack (Malone) has a spy in place to prevent th ...more
John "King of the North"
Jun 15, 2016 John "King of the North" rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Great continuation to book 1 and we also get to read more of Simon and Gray. I thought their part ended in book 1. I usually get annoyed when there are multiple POVs but Cade and Rocky's part flowed nicely to the entire story. This was a really fun read & love the world this author has created. 4.5
M'rella
WARNING: spoilers!

But then the book is predictable, so I am sure you figured the juicy bits out already.

==================================

This is a Happy Book, A Jory Book ...only better! We all know Jory is good with in-laws, grumpy old men, wolves ...um, dogs ...same crap, children, dishes; plus he is adorable and sexy. Guess what? Simon is all that, plus he sparkles and levitates.

Then there is Cade and Rocky, hornifying each other in every bush, corner and building of the village. Then of c
DaisyGirl
3.0 Stars

Rocky Harris is the omega of his pack. While on assignment to the High Moon Pack to upgrade their security system, Rocky’s alpha tasks him with infiltrating the pack, befriending the Alpha, and gaining insider information which will be used to take over the pack. Cade Montgomery is in charge of security. His confidence took a hit when the were cubs were kidnapped on his watch. Despite the fact that he doesn’t trust Rocky, he is willing to work with him for the sake of protecting the pac
Zarah
Sep 23, 2014 Zarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a few qualities I love finding in m/m romances—a romantic lead that's not cookie-cutter white (not one of the main couple, but still a main character), a mixing up the standard sex roles (letting the little guy top), etc. And I honestly found the writing less stiff and off-putting than in book one, though I still think names were used too often in dialogue. So, for the right reader this will probably be a real winner.

However, despite involving werewolves, mages and vampires it stil
Penumbra
Feb 11, 2016 Penumbra rated it liked it
Shelves: theme-magic, theme-violence, shifters, character-vampires, genre-paranormal, mm-werewolves, genre-mm, mm-contemporary, 151-to-200-pages, format-ebook, genre-erotica, erotica-paranormal, erotica-shifters, erotica-gay, erotica-romance, series-second-book, series, fast-read, mm-romance, mm-series, main-couple-likeable, mc-likeable, supernatural-abilities, pov-switches-viewpoint, pov-adult-male, magical-beings-and-creatures, reviewed, own, bought-at-fictionwise, mm-shifters, theme-romance, secondary-characters-likeable, shifters-werewolves, genre-paranormal-romance, theme-death, supernatural-beings, character-mates, theme-children-or-pregnancy, pov-multiple-viewpoints, mm-paranormal, character-alpha-male, mm-family, character-shifters, ending-hfn, mm-erotica, character-assassins-killers-etc, sex-bareback, mm-hfn, romance-mates-or-soulmates, warning-murder-or-death, theme-kids, angst-low-level, mm-instant-lust, theme-lgbtq, moved-to-barnes-and-noble, sex-hot, character-gay, shifters-unusual-types, theme-abuse-cruelty-violence-past, mm-with-kids, mm-hurt-comfort, erotica-hfn, mm-injury-illness, theme-men-with-kids, mm-men-with-kids, character-nameless-entities, mm-mates, mm-vampires, country-usa, theme-injury-illness, sex-outdoors, sex-anal, genre-contemporary, theme-hurt-comfort, genre-romance, genre-shapeshifters, theme-vampires, genre-glbt, length-novella, 2016-chllge-mm-rom-az-character, 2016-chllge-mm-rom-az-title, character-children, read-in-2016, flaw-pov-too-many, pov-too-many
Body Magic is the second book in the Triad series. It takes off immediately after book one, Mind Magic. Unlike the first story, which was told in third person from the povs of Simon and Gray, this book is told from the pov of Simon, Gray, Cade and Rocky.

3.5 Stars

(view spoiler)
Tully Vincent
Nov 16, 2015 Tully Vincent rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This book should be read in order after book one. It has more than one couple's POVs going on (two couples) and to be honest, despite the blurb, I felt it was more of a continuation of Simon and Gray's story with a romance between Rocky and Cade thrown in on the side.
Julesmarie
Dec 02, 2012 Julesmarie rated it really liked it
I only just now read some of the other reviews for this book and it's interesting how different my experience with this book was from some other reviewers'.

I felt like Simon and Gray's story wasn't finished at the end of the first book, so seeing in the blurb for this one that it was about a new couple actually disappointed me. Especially seeing that it was about Rocky. I felt so guilty at the end of the first book because I'd not been able to like him, and seeing that book 2 was about him I fe
Whitney
Nov 05, 2013 Whitney rated it liked it
This is book two in Dennison’s Triad series. I liked the first book a lot, but this one was bit disappointing.

On the one hand, I’m glad Dennison did a follow up with Simon and Gray because book one, Mind Magic, left such an open ending and unanswered questions. Body Magic pretty much starts where book one left off. I was fine with that. At first.

The plot blurb to this book is not at all accurate. This book is maybe 30% Rocky and Cade, and 70% Simon and Gray and I think that should’ve been made
Monika
Sep 12, 2012 Monika rated it it was amazing
Shelves: g-shifters
Second books in a series can sometimes be a letdown not much happens, you get introduced to new main characters and the rest of the cast you grew to love from the first book have a very small part or no part at all in the second book. A lot of times in a series each book can be a standalone and I often wonder what makes them a series? My idea of a series is a story that is a continuation with all the characters playing a role and yes new ones added.

I really loved the first book in this series I
Dee Wy
4.5 stars - I am so loving this series. The entire pack is involved in this one and all the action kept me glued to the story. I'm late to the party in reading this but now I can read them all in a row. On to the next book.
Lady*M
Dec 10, 2012 Lady*M rated it really liked it

I had to rate this one higher than the first, especially since author didn't leave Simon and Gray dangling in the wind, but continued their story. She also started the new romance between Cade and Rocky and didn't make them fall madly in love in the middle of that madness. She just opened the possibility for something more to grow between them. I'm hoping that Cormac saving Liam means that "grandpa" vampire will and Grey's Beta will be in the next book to complete the Triad. All in al
Jessie Potts
Jan 06, 2016 Jessie Potts rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this second book but it was mostly still about Simon and Gray rather than Rocky and Cade. I also wish that the author would have gone into more detail as to what an Omega wolf is. Aunt Maggie says it's a 'wolf who needs more training' but then Cade could tell Rocky was an Omega by the submissive tilt of his chin... We also have no idea just how bad Rocky was treated in his old pack and what that had to do with being an Omega.

All in all cute, but definitely needed some more back story t
Brooklyn
Apr 19, 2016 Brooklyn rated it really liked it
This was really good. I love all the shifter stuff and magic but I wish there would have been a bit more focus on Rocky and Cade. I felt like they were almost a side story to the pack attacks and the Simon/Gray issue.
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
May 19, 2014 Sabrina (Soter) Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romanzi-m-m
"Cade scivolò un po’ più vicino a lui, appoggiando la fronte contro la sua. “So cosa vuol dire essere diversi. Magari siamo solo abbastanza diversi da andare bene l’uno per l’altro?”"

"Mind Magic" è stato tra i migliori m/m paranormali che abbia letto e perciò ho iniziato "Body Magic" con aspettative che fortunatamente non sono state deluse! *ç* questo secondo libro inizia dove il primo finiva, cioè la mattina dopo la grande battaglia che ha portato molti cambiamenti imprevisti per tutti i person
Preston
Apr 05, 2016 Preston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The triad series was a great set of situations that effected the needs of all sorts of minorities. It is so easy to take the mixed couples and the rejected species and translate them to sexual minorities and ethnic minorities and even religious people. Mind Magic, Body Magic, and Soul Magic. I'm so happy to have Wild Magic continue the series. But I miss Grey and Simon. I hope Poppy Dennison will write their kid's stories as they grow up.

Fast paced and exciting with many obstacles to overcome a
Hc Lynn
Something about reading about Rocky made me hesitant about second of the series. So after dragging my feet for a few hours I tentatively started reading. At first I was thinking, ok so my pause may have been warranted.

I actually enjoyed this almost as much as the first one. It's actually not JUST about Rocky, it's about the mate development, pack relations a bit, and a skate around of Cade and Rocky's attraction. Which, btw took me by surprise when they finally DO something, although looking bac
Shelby
This was an interesting one for me, because while this is purported as Cade and Rocky’s book there’s equal or in fact more time given to our original couple of Simon and Gray. This story literally continues right where the first one ended. I don’t know that I would call it bad or good per se, but it is a little different. Still I enjoyed the read and the world created here.

Cade Montgomery may not technically be the pack’s beta, but he still takes the protection of the pack incredibly seriously.
Phaney
Sep 24, 2013 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I like this series. While the writing may suffer from editing or stylistic issues, it tells an interesting story with likeable, believable characters.
This second volume continues the story surrounding Simon and Gray. While there is a secondary romance as well, it runs parallel to Simon and Gray’s and never really overtakes the main focus.

I do think the timeline got a little messed up.
In the first book, unless I missed a major skip, only about two weeks of plot happened (and that includes the fas
Heather♥
Sep 17, 2012 Heather♥ rated it really liked it
This second installment held my interest just as much as the first story did. Because I really loved Simon and Gray as a couple, I was happy that this book followed up on their mating and the ripples that their unexpected union caused in the shifter community. Simon was still in training with his grandfather Cormac, and was about to come into his full magical powers on his 25th birthday. He was also trying to adjust to pack life as well as being a step-father to Gray's son Garon (who was just ad ...more
Christy Duke
Book two in Poppy Dennison's series 'Triad', began following the end of book one. I like that in a series because it's seamless and the plot and story are picked back up immediately. I was so excited to read this story because I love paranormals and shifters and I had a feeling the author would be able to keep the excitement going. Best of all, the storyline from book one continued here, also. I don't mean that you got references to those characters (Gray, Simon, Garon, Cormac), but, instead the ...more
Bea
I struggle on how to rate this book. For overall enjoyment of the story, it is a 4 star, yet I can not give it that score. The back cover makes you think that it is about Cade and Rocky, but it is really more focused on Simmon and Gray. And the fact that I feel like I was sold something I did not get makes me want to rate it a 2 star. Honestly, I feel a bit peeved. We really don't see Cade and Rocky's romance start until 51% and then it is just one sex scene and one fight. By the end you don't e ...more
Maggie
Sep 14, 2012 Maggie rated it really liked it
Rating 3.5 to 4

Body Magic picks up where Mind Magic ended. Simon and Gray are mated but have yet to announce their mating to the pack (although word travels fast). Unfortunately, there is still trouble ahead for the young mage and alpha wolf. Threats from within, political machinations as well as some very scary unknown bad guy actions keep the plot interesting and fast paced.

I wish there had been more romance between Cade and Rocky. The blurb leads you to believe this book is mainly about them
Charly
Oct 23, 2013 Charly rated it liked it
Didn’t connect to the main characters

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 6/10

PROS:
- I thought it was a nice twist to read about a character who’s weak in his wolf form but not correspondingly puny as a human.
- The world the characters live in--as well as their collective backstory--is engaging. (see cons below also)
- I loved the blending of the worlds of different magical creatures: there are wolves, mages, vampires, and various other kinds of shifters
Candice
3.5 Stars

Psst. When I said I wanted to see Simon and his mind magic in this one, I didn't mean for the whole damn book to be about him! Oh and I think the timing was off, unless this took place a week or two later than the last book ended. Simon says he was staying at the compound for a couple of weeks and has only known Gray for almost a month. REALLY?! Where did all that time go?

To be honest, we didn't learn much more and poor Cade and Rocky got pushed to the back burner. They were barely even
Naomi
Jan 28, 2016 Naomi rated it did not like it
"The entire compound is decimated."

I'm still angry about this. This sentence ruined my day. I continued reading but decided not to rate the book. However, if I'm still thinking about this sentence tomorrow, I will one star the book. Wtf, editor?
Bookwatcher
This book is fantastic!
I never believe in books that mix too many magic creatures in one story but this series is changing my believes! It's really an amazing book, after a fantastic first of the series (Mind Magic). I already bought the last (Soul Magic) but don't want to read it! I wish this series would NEVER end!
Perfect mystery, action, romance, humor... Really adoring everything!

BTW, the new kid in the story is soooooooooooo freaking cute!

5 stars :)))
CriCra CriCra
May 04, 2014 CriCra CriCra rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Devo dire che questa serie mi sta piacendo... Si si :D il rapporto tra Gray e Simon si consoliderà ancora di più e nuovi legami inizieranno a formarsi. Mi ricorda un po' la modalità passionale che c'è nella serie di Mary Calmes - Scelta del Cuore, con gli splendidi Jin e Logan.
Dreamspinner Press: Body Magic by Poppy Dennison 1 7 Sep 10, 2012 08:16AM
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Ulrich (The Highland Wolves, #1)
  • Snakeskin Boots (Were Menagerie #1)
  • Honored Vow (Change of Heart, #3)
  • Chuffed (Finnshifters, #1)
  • Sebastian's Wolves (Among Wolves #1)
  • Three Fates
  • Blood in the Sand (Sanguis Noctis, #2)
  • Twin Flames (Sumeria's Sons, #1)
  • Shattered Secrets (In the Shadow of the Wolf #1)
  • Crying For The Moon
Add two parts sass and one part sweet and you have Poppy Dennison to T—sweet tea that is. Raised by a gaggle of Southern women who love reading and have backbones of steel, Poppy was brought up to see the best in people but always speak her mind. Mix it all together, like Grandma’s famous cobbler, and you get a sassy, Southern lady with a quick wit and loads of charm, who will soften any blow with ...more
More about Poppy Dennison...

Triad (4 books)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)