Start by marking “Chronicles of M” as Want to Read:
Chronicles of M

Chronicles of M (Chronicles of M #1)

Samuel is a retired agent to the stars. During a bank deposit, a heist goes sideways, resulting in him saving the day. Due to Samuel's actions, a mysterous man offers him an oppurtunity - join an ex-governmental agency who's tasked with handling an unconventional and unpredictable man named "M" as he battles the paranormal. Will he join for the adventure of his life, or ...more
Published August 17th 2012 (first published March 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Chronicles of M, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chronicles of M

Flora Smith
Sep 15, 2012 Flora Smith rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, this was such a fun read! It definitely had a little bit of everything espionage, secret operations, science fiction, super heroes and a touch of mystery.

Samuel Horne decides to embrace retirement from being an agent to the stars when he finds himself in a bank robbery. After the robbery he is approached by a man offering him a position in a secret organization. Curiosity getting the best of him, he looks into the offer.
Wanda Hartzenberg
Jul 10, 2015 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Ok so what this story has going for it.
It is fresh and new and skirts around or go via continents to avoid the same-ole-same ole

That is the really cool part.
For in the end this is a zombie story. By the middle of the book the reader still does not know that but gets some hints that nothing is really what it should be.

However what the story lacked. The characters gave way to the plot. Their development, I think is left to as an evolving sub plot in what I figure is a series of books. This did not
Flora Smith
Jun 02, 2012 Flora Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this for review.

There was just enough of this story to make me want to read more. This is a super short read but very intriguing. Samuel Horn is an agent to the stars and has just retired when he find himself in the middle of a bank robbery. After talking the robbers into turning himself in he finds himself offered a new job.

Samuel Horn is a likeable character and the story definitely keeps your attention. However it feels like the first chapter in a much longer novel,
Julie Powell
Dec 11, 2012 Julie Powell rated it it was amazing
I was sent a copy of this story by the author for a review, and I really enjoyed it. I liked the way it was so different and unexpected - and very well written.

Although a quirky and offbeat novel...and fantastical in many ways...the storyteller had a wonderful way of making it believable, with many twists, turns and surprises - just great.

I don't give spoilers, but will say that this book is definitely worth reading if you like the unusual - highly recommended.

I look forward to reading the next
Jeremy Poole
Oct 27, 2012 Jeremy Poole rated it it was amazing
Chronicles of M Nicholas Forristal
I started Reading this in a very negative frame of mind. I don’t read about super heroes and their lives. This book changed my opinion, it really was fun, and the Zombies were new not the usual over used stereotypes, no, they had personalities. This is a good book.
If you want to try something a bit different, that’s fast and funny, thrilling and well written, perhaps a dip into the life of the super hero M would be up your street.
I got this on my kindle for free
Rudy Waldner
Nov 24, 2012 Rudy Waldner rated it it was amazing
Could not put it down. When's the next installment, I need more. Soon. Please!
Holly
In the Chronicles of M by Nicholas Forristal we meet Samuel Horn and M.

Samuel has just retired and is making his last deposit at the bank when it is held up by bank robbers. Going from paralyzed with fear to taking control of the situation, Samuel gets everyone out safe, and catches the attention of a government agency.

He is met by a man named Thomas who is convinced that the only way Samuel was able to do what he did was that he has some latent talent that lets him control people. His hope is t
Millie
Feb 22, 2013 Millie rated it really liked it
Laurie
This book was such a surprising read, and so much fun. Samuel is a new hire, tasked with a mandate to persuade his new obnoxious client to channel his all-consuming anger and high-handed arrogance in less destructive ways. Sam’s job is to encourage his client to behave better by utilizing his own formidable negotiation skills.

While the main story is told mostly from Samuel’s perspective, there are also several chapters given over to other voices as characters step forward with their own tales;
Stephanie Dagg
Aug 20, 2012 Stephanie Dagg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chronicles of M
Another reviewer has referred to this as a short story, but at 56,000 words it’s a very respectable novel. (Short stories are anything from a couple of thousand words to 10,000 or so and novellas generally come in at around 40,000.)
It’s this author’s debut novel and a very convincing, accomplished one. It’s a multi-genre story, touching sci-fi, fantasy, horror (light), mystery and paranormal. And I love it. Yes, I edited it, but I don’t feel motivated to write 5-star reviews for e
Steve Downes
Feb 19, 2013 Steve Downes rated it it was amazing
Wow!........ Brilliant story. Nicholas Forristal has created a masterpiece in the Chronicles of M.
A story that will run and run.

It's the day after you've retired. You've been working hard for 30 years. Putting up with primadonnas, egotistical celebrities but it's all over. You can settle down for a quiet life.

And then .......... BOOM!

You're caught up in bank robbery, which you somehow foil.
You meet a mysterious man named Thomas, who tells you that you have an amazing power of persuasion.
He wan
WiLoveBooks
Nov 19, 2012 WiLoveBooks rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure exactly what I was getting into when I started reading, and that was part of the fun. Chronicles of M is from the point of view of Samuel, a 50 year old agent who is retiring after too many years of dealing with spoiled celebrities. Samuel just wants a peaceful retirement but, because of a special talent he has, he ends up being recruited to handle the temperamental M. I enjoyed Samuel's commentary and observations. He is just a regular guy getting mixed up in the the supernatural ...more
Heather
Apr 25, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
It's hard to have faith in a book when you begin reading and there are three to four editing issues on each page. Missing words, missing punctuation; ugh I wanted to quit. But the writing suckered me in.

Chronicles of M is the beginning of a long story arch. I knew this going in, and it felt like I was watching Star Wars I - you know there is more to the story, so you settle in to learn that story from the beginning. I found the premise to be intriguing. I liked the main character, Samuel, becau
Billy Young
Jun 16, 2013 Billy Young rated it really liked it
An interesting tale though a little rough around the edges. A zombie which evolved to be more human than monster I found a distraction from the tale. I would have preferred that the story had centered more on M. Yes I know this was from Samuel's telling the story of how he comes to work as M's minder so to speak. This is still a great read though short. One which you could read a lot quicker than I did as I find little time to read these days. I suppose this is another reason that I didn't get ...more
Eyehavenofilter
Oct 30, 2012 Eyehavenofilter rated it really liked it
This had everything...zombies...demons... Magic spells...invincible M, what a character! It barreled over me like a steamroller. I never knew what was going to happen next. That doesn't happen very ofern believe me! I like being surprised by a story, not having a cookie cutter plot. This was one heck of a wild ride and I'm glad I put on my seat belt before I reading.
Thers so much going on here it was a task to keep up, but it was fun and scarey at the same time. Just the ticket for this time,of
Georgiann Hennelly
Jun 15, 2013 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
Chronicles of M is a fun read and very intriguing. Samuel Horn is an agent to the stars. He has just retired when he finds himself in the middle of a bank robbery after he talks the robbers into turning themselves into the police he is offered a new job. He meets Thomas a mysterious man who believes M has some amazing powers of persusion . Throw in Zombies , a dmon and multilated bodies and you have one fantastic read. I look forward to reading more books by Nicholas Ferristal
Dorian
Apr 27, 2016 Dorian rated it did not like it
WHAT?!?!

I had high hopes for this book. It started out so interestingly. About half way through, I thought I had skipped a part so I kept going back, rereading only to find it was so choppy that I could hardly believe it was the story I started reading. I loved the hidden basement and all its levels and descriptions but then it got murky with too many unanswered questions, especially the ending!
Bill Clarke
Oct 17, 2014 Bill Clarke rated it really liked it
Good read

This is the first book of this type that I have read. it was fast paced, and it was very hard to put down.
Doug Swift
Doug Swift rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Phil
Phil rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2015
Milton
Milton rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2014
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2013
Kathey
Kathey rated it did not like it
Dec 23, 2015
Worm
Worm rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Ed Drury
Ed Drury rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Brian Peterson
Brian Peterson rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Cheryl Goodwin
Cheryl Goodwin rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013

Chronicles of M (8 books)
  • Chronicles of M: Ammit (Book 2)
  • A'loc (Chronicles of M #3)
  • Consequences (Chronicles of M, #4)
  • Five Man Midget Death Squad: A Chronicles of M Story
  • The Lords' War (Chronicles of M, Book 5)
  • Hitori
  • The Purge (Chronicles of M, Book 6)