Start by marking “Unbreakables” as Want to Read:
Unbreakables

Read Excerpt

Unbreakables (Unbreakables #1)

Chris, Ben and Leon are qualified, willing and ambitious, yet unable to find work in their fields. Leon is tired of waiting tables, Ben can't take sitting at home with nothing to do anymore and Chris has had enough of his tedious, make-do, job. Just as they're about to give up all hope Ben arrives with a plan.
With all the skills and knowledge that typical criminals are wit
Paperback, Second Edition, 316 pages
Published August 16th 2012 by ZPB Publising (first published July 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unbreakables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbreakables

Andrea
Dec 19, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it
If you are, were, (or know) a young adult who is feeling unfulfilled and gets bundled into a crazy scheme with a couple of friends, then you'll relate to this competently-told tale. Chris, Leon and Ben have qualified, but haven't yet found adult employment that's right for them. (They also seem unaware of the adage that if you can't do what you love, then love what you do.) The scheme is to steal some diamonds which have been confiscated, a crime which they consider victimless.
I enjoyed reading
Lu (Sugar & Snark)
Sep 24, 2012 Lu (Sugar & Snark) rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Unbreakables was a very exciting and action packed read that I could hardly put down! The book is about 3 guys who are undervalued and underemployed. Together they decided to get away from their normal lives where they struggle to make ends meat. They plan on doing this by robbing a high-end jewelry store where diamonds are being kept for safekeeping by the police – a victimless crime.

This book could easily be made into a movie and join the ranks of the Italian Job and The Town. Although not wit
Nadine Maritz
Sep 11, 2012 Nadine Maritz rated it liked it
Unbreakables is sort of a South African crime and adventure novel which involves a bunch of friends that are overly qualified yet un - employed. The three friends Chris, Ben and Leon met in varsity while studying different trades. Together they passed just to be released into the job market and not be able to find any form of stimulating employment.

After years of interviews and failed attempts to earn a decent wage within their fields, the still remaining friends, decide to use their talents o
Kayla
Jul 27, 2015 Kayla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-received
I wouldn't normally pick up a book like Unbreakables. The whole crime/adventure genre doesn't appeal to me very much. That said, after reading the blurb I was definitely interested in reading this book to see if it could change my mind about the genre.

Unbreakables was a really good book. I was much more interested in it than I thought I would be. The writing and characters definitely kept me interested in the beginning. By the middle of the book, I was totally hooked into the plot.

I enjoyed the
Janine
Nov 20, 2013 Janine rated it really liked it
NOTE: I RECEIVED THIS BOOK FOR FREE THROUGH GOODREAD'S FIRST READS IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW.

It took me a while to get into the story, but as soon as it got a little faster paced, I was hooked! The author places great emphasis on creating real characters and it is just so easy to relate to them. I totally loved having it set in South Africa and I found the ending quite a surprise!

Overall, I think that the book starts off a little too slowly, but more than makes up for it in end. I found t
Carolyn
Feb 14, 2014 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways-yes
This book started with what you thought was the ending and then worked its way through to how they got there. It was really interesting but the twist at the end made it perfect. It was totally unexpected and I loved it.

Thank you to Goodreads Giveaways for the opportunity to not only read this book to have my own personal copy.
Jess
Feb 28, 2013 Jess rated it really liked it
NOTE: I RECEIVED THIS BOOK FOR FREE THROUGH GOODREADS FIRST READS IN EXCHANGE FOR A HONEST REVIEW.
This book was great to read. The only problem I had was it was a bit slow to start off but once the story was rolling it was a great read. The ending surprised me and wasn't what I expected which the author should be praised for in delivering such a terrific ending
احمد سعد
احمد سعد rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2012
Eduan
Eduan rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Minette
Minette rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Jan-Hielke
Jan-Hielke rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Estian Haupt
Estian Haupt rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Leonardo Pereira
Leonardo Pereira rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2012
Joe
Aug 16, 2012 Joe added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Gale Stanley
Gale Stanley marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Haidee
Haidee marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Leah M
Leah M marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Dean Henning
Dean Henning marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
ke-sha
ke-sha marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Jean-Piero
Jean-Piero marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
John Beck
John Beck marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Interview, review and Giveaway 1 4 Jul 19, 2013 05:39AM
Interviews: South African - Author Interview - Joe Pringle 1 4 Sep 12, 2012 06:29AM
Joe Pringle is a writer of fiction novels and short stories.
More about Joe Pringle...

Unbreakables (2 books)