Wilde's Meadow (Darkness Falls, #3)

Wilde's Meadow (Darkness Falls #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Happy endings are hard to find, and even though Katriona is in the middle of a war with someone who’s already stolen more than she can replace, she aches for a positive future with her Draíochtans.

Armed with hope, confidence in her abilities, and a strange new gift from her mother, Kate ventures into the Darkness to defeat a fallen god.

Losses add up, and new obstacles rise...more
Published November 5th 2012 by Curiosity Quills Press (first published November 2012)

Laurice
EDITED: 11/05/12

REVIEW:

I can't believe I'm still crying! *sob.sob.sneeze.sob.again*

It's been 4 days since I finished the final installment of the Darkness Falls series and yet, I still can't get over it! *sob.sob* Reading the Darkness Falls series is by far the best action-packed Paranormal Romance I've read in 2012!!! Oh yes. It is breathtaking, magical, astounding, jaw-dropping, tear-jerking, heart-pounding, bone-breaking, hair-falling, book-throwing (READ.IT.NOW.AND.YOU'LL.KNOW.WHY). Oh, loo...more
Farrah
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

Wow. So much happened that I'm still struggling to process all of it. In a nutshell, Wilde's Meadow was an epic ending! I honestly needed a few hours after finishing the book before I was able to process everything that had happened.

I don't even know where to begin...
Let's just start with my favorite part: Kate and Arland's relationship. As always, they were the most adorable couple ever, the most perfect example of t...more
Jessa Russo
GAH! Well, it's happened folks. The last book of a fantastic series has been devoured. I'm both ecstatic to have read it, and devastated that it has ended.

But, with that said, I have only great things to say about WILDE'S MEADOW - though I imagine you knew that was coming. I obsessed over the entire series and read the first two in about two days.

Anyway, I just finished WILDE'S MEADOW, and can say that though there is an influx of tragedy and drama (which you can foresee by looking at that pow...more
Susie
For a more in depth review, head on over to my blog: http://susreviews.blogspot.com/2012/0...

Synopsis: Picking up where Wilde's Army (Darkness Falls Book 2) left off, Kate and Arland are setting off with their army to seek out the evil god Dugball and his hoards of daemons. They must meet the god in the Meadows, but getting there will be risky - despite fighting off daemons, they also have to fight their own fears, gain the trust of other-worldly allies and not starve in the process. And even if...more
Jackie -Sated Faery
OMG!!! What an ending! I won't lie to you, there were tears. Many, many tears. But somehow the ending managed to warm my heart and heal the pain. The love between Katriona & Arland is simply amazing, and they are both truly honest and good to all the people around them. They make incredible sacrifices for their people. Once the rest of Encardia's eyes are open to the truth, some of them turn out to be very brave & worthy of all the sacrifice. The bad guys are definitely bad to the bone,...more
Eve Langell
YAY! Okay I had to start this out with a burst of excitement. Honestly, I was beyond excited when I saw Wilde’s Meadow by Krystal Wade on NetGalley.com. I was all resigned to wait until it comes out November 5, 2012 but then I was checking out the new books added like I do every single day and spilt some of my water down my top I was so excited. I saw the cover before I saw anything else and didn’t need to know anything else I just clicked and was approved. I downloaded it on Halloween night, t...more
Wendy
The Darkness Falls series takes a darker turn in book three. That might seem a difficult thing to pull off in a book where there is no sunlight, but Ms. Wade pulls it off with a lovely opening sequence. But first, let’s go back to Wilde’s Army for a minute.

The engagement between Kate and Perth Dufaigh became a moot point after she married Arland on the sly, which did not go over well with Perth’s father. BUT, there are higher powers in Encardia than scheming High Leaders and they don’t much care...more
Ash
Wow. I can't believe this trilogy is already over...it seems as if I only JUST barely started the first one. OH. And if you've read this far without realizing, THIS IS THE THIRD IN A TRILOGY...as in THE END. So if you haven't read Wilde's Fire yet, go grab it, devour it, same with the sequel then come back and see me, mmkay? ;]

I loved the first two books in this series. They were brilliant fantasies with characters that I adored, the kind of novels that I would like to write someday. Engaging,...more
Nikki
I loved this book, I was SO sad the series was over. I can say this author did not pull any punches whatsoever, when there's a war, bad thigns happen! I really appreciated that while this is a fantasy, these didn't 'just' happen, the made sense. A definite read, but start from the beginning with Wilde's Fire or you will really not grasp the full effect of the story.

Disclaimer: I work for the publishing company that released this novel. I read this book of my own volition and in my free time, an...more
Vicci
Wow! Great way to end the series! It was such a heartwarming read. I really found myself lost with the world of Kate and friends. You will cry at parts. It is a true tearjerker in certan parts. ( fair warning you will need tissues!)
I found myself just in awe of love Kate and Arland. Thier Strength was just so wonderful. Love Love the HEA a great way to finish!
Mrs. Kenyon
Katriona has lost her home (Earth) and her best friend, but she has gained the use of magic and fallen in love. She still has to lead an army to war in order to bring Light back to Encardia and that seems to be the least of her worries. To achieve this goal she must unite the worlds to fight against Darkness and kill the fallen god that has taken over the body of her dead best friend. Will Katriona have the power and strength needed to fulfill all of these tasks? Will love be enough to fuel her...more
Ana
Great ending to a great series! There may have been some tears and there may have been doubts about how this book would end, but, ultimately, the author did justice to this wonderful story! Katriona (Kate) finds herself in the war she’s been preparing for and must face the fact that this could cost her the family and friends who mean so much to her. There was so much going on in this book…even though it was shorter than I had imagined it would be.

All my favorite characters stood behind Kate to b...more
Stacy
The Darkness Falls series was fast paced, filled with interesting characters and was rounded off with a great imaginative storyline. The world building from book 1 was attention grabbing and I loved learning everything about Encardia. Katriona started out as any girl next door, knew nothing of her true self or where she came from and grew into a great heroine that was destined to save a world. She went through many ups and downs, lost many and gained some as well.

WILDE'S MEADOW rounded off the...more
BookHookup

All my favorite characters stood behind Kate to b...more
Carrie Slager
[Full disclosure: I received a free ebook from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.]

Wilde’s Meadow is like an opera. Not because it’s melodramatic or the plot is ridiculously convoluted, but because it has grand themes and memorable characters. It’s reminiscent of Aida what with all the tragedy and sacrifice in the last part. But, unlike most operas, the ending is not abrupt and it is quite satisfying from a fan perspective and a critical one.

As many of my Twitter fans know, Krystal Wade...more
Gretchen Hohmeyer
This review originally appeared on my blog, My Life is a Notebook, HERE.

Well, this is the end. Hopefully, if you’re reading this, you’ve read my reviews of Wilde’s Fire and Wilde’s Army. If not, spoilers will abound.

I did not like Wilde’s Fire. I’m just going to put that out there. I thought Kate and Arland’s romance was absolutely ridiculous and creepy, but I finished the book anyways. Somehow, for some reason, I also requested Wilde’s Army when it came out. It wasn’t the best, but it was actua...more
Fel
Well, here we are, approaching the Meadow that Kate has dreamed of���and not in a good way. Encardia is still engulfed in a war with darkness, the losses continue piling up, and Kate is heading to the very place she���s watched Arland die in her dreams so many times. The characters we love���Arland, Kate, Perth, Brit, Cadman���and some surprising new allies are armed for the battle with weapons, prophesies, and most importantly secrets. Everything must be revealed in its own time.

When I think of...more
Jessica
Julie-anne
The final fight is here. Katriona must face the god inhabiting her best friend, and she must kill him and believe that Griandor will keep his word and bring him back to life. She must trust her army and has to face the facts that she will lose some of her friends.

This is the last book in the series - I feel I keep getting surprised by finale books lately. So many series that I really enjoy are coming to an end without my prior knowledge, seriously it has happened so much recently.

I have really e...more
Dena
Mar 19, 2013 Dena rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013, adult
This was the final book in the Darkness Falls trilogy. I did not expect so many people to die, but I guess it all worked out in the end even though everyone practically is dead. This author is not afraid to kill off her characters because she writes about an afterlife and Heaven and gods so she writes that they are living happily ever after together in Heaven while few people are alive on the planet.

I think Kate and Arland's love was a little forced and I never understood why Arland loved her t...more
Diane
It was a great read. I couldn't put it down. It has some great twists and turns. We see Kate's story come to an end. She is faced with some difficult challenges in this one. The decisions that she makes will not only have consequences for herself but those around her as well. Want to find out what happens and how it ends then add it along with the other two to your TBR list. I highly recommend the series to everyone. I look forward to reading more of Krystal's books.
Leah
I really enjoyed this series. it was full of just what I love in a book. action, adventure, fantasy, and romance! it was also just good clean fun... very refreshing!
April
Sep 28, 2013 April rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of strong heroines and fierce battles
Shelves: series-faves
I'm not sure why I'm just getting to this. I thought I had this one. After searching, I realized I did not. I bought it today and finished it TODAY! Couldn't put it down!

I really enjoyed this series and I didn't want it to end. This book does not disappoint.
Tia
Everything I knew it would be. It is a great ending to an awesome trilogy. Mrs Wade didn't disappoint. The last 15% of the book was thrilling, open mouth gasping, breath holding good.
Susan Commeford
A very satisfying conclusion to the story. I really like this series and recommend it. The language is clean and the love story is told in a manner appropriate for any age.
Tracy
Not a bad read. Kept me interested till the end.
Celia
Celia marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
OddModicum Rachel Verdi
OddModicum Rachel Verdi marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Q&A with Krys...: Welcome 3 19 Nov 23, 2012 06:45PM
  • Ever (Ever, #1)
  • The Gathering Darkness
  • Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes
  • Colour Wielders (Colour Wielders, #1)
  • Moonlight Mayhem (Spellbound #3)
  • Follow the White Rabbit (Beautiful Madness, #1)
  • Feyland: The Twilight Kingdom (Feyland, #3)
  • Stand-In Star
  • The Wrong Girl (Freak House #1)
  • Fade (The Ragnarök Prophesies, #1)
  • Alight: The Peril (Pyxis, #2)
  • Runaway (Element Preservers, #2)
  • The Deepest Night (The Sweetest Dark, #2)
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • Avenger (Halflings, #3)
  • The Twin Prophecies: Rebirth
  • 18 Things
  • Five - Out of the Dark (Five #1)
I’m happily married to the love of my life (don’t gag) and raising three beautiful children in the gorgeous state of Virginia. We live just outside Washington, D.C., and every day I wake up to find myself stuck in traffic trying to get there.

The horrid commute gives me plenty of time to zone out and think about my characters in full, brilliant details (I’m a safe driver; don’t worry). Stories give...more
More about Krystal Wade...
Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls, #1) Wilde's Army (Darkness Falls, #2) Shattered Secrets (Book of Red #1) Charming