Start by marking “Wilde's Meadow (Darkness Falls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wilde's Meadow (Darkness Falls, #3)

Wilde's Meadow (Darkness Falls #3)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  218 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Happy endings are hard to find, and even though Katriona is in the middle of a war with someone who’s already stolen more than she can replace, she aches for a positive future with her Draíochtans.

Armed with hope, confidence in her abilities, and a strange new gift from her mother, Kate ventures into the Darkness to defeat a fallen god.

Losses add up, and new obstacles rise
Published November 5th 2012 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Wilde's Meadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wilde's Meadow

Laurice
EDITED: 11/05/12

REVIEW:

I can't believe I'm still crying! *sob.sob.sneeze.sob.again*

It's been 4 days since I finished the final installment of the Darkness Falls series and yet, I still can't get over it! *sob.sob* Reading the Darkness Falls series is by far the best action-packed Paranormal Romance I've read in 2012!!! Oh yes. It is breathtaking, magical, astounding, jaw-dropping, tear-jerking, heart-pounding, bone-breaking, hair-falling, book-throwing (READ.IT.NOW.AND.YOU'LL.KNOW.WHY). Oh, loo
Farrah
Nov 02, 2012 Farrah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

Wow. So much happened that I'm still struggling to process all of it. In a nutshell, Wilde's Meadow was an epic ending! I honestly needed a few hours after finishing the book before I was able to process everything that had happened.

I don't even know where to begin...
Let's just start with my favorite part: Kate and Arland's relationship. As always, they were the most adorable couple ever, the most perfect example of t
Jessa Russo
Oct 18, 2012 Jessa Russo rated it it was amazing
GAH! Well, it's happened folks. The last book of a fantastic series has been devoured. I'm both ecstatic to have read it, and devastated that it has ended.

But, with that said, I have only great things to say about WILDE'S MEADOW - though I imagine you knew that was coming. I obsessed over the entire series and read the first two in about two days.

Anyway, I just finished WILDE'S MEADOW, and can say that though there is an influx of tragedy and drama (which you can foresee by looking at that pow
Susie
Sep 25, 2012 Susie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, romance, fantasy, 2012
For a more in depth review, head on over to my blog: http://susreviews.blogspot.com/2012/0...

Synopsis: Picking up where Wilde's Army (Darkness Falls Book 2) left off, Kate and Arland are setting off with their army to seek out the evil god Dugball and his hoards of daemons. They must meet the god in the Meadows, but getting there will be risky - despite fighting off daemons, they also have to fight their own fears, gain the trust of other-worldly allies and not starve in the process. And even if
Jackie -Sated Faery
Nov 29, 2012 Jackie -Sated Faery rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-paranormal
OMG!!! What an ending! I won't lie to you, there were tears. Many, many tears. But somehow the ending managed to warm my heart and heal the pain. The love between Katriona & Arland is simply amazing, and they are both truly honest and good to all the people around them. They make incredible sacrifices for their people. Once the rest of Encardia's eyes are open to the truth, some of them turn out to be very brave & worthy of all the sacrifice. The bad guys are definitely bad to the bone, ...more
Janine
Apr 13, 2016 Janine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've enjoyed the rest of this series, I am sure you will enjoy Wilde's Meadow as it has a very similar tone to the previous two. Particularly if you have a good memory for details from earlier on in the series, or have recently read the last book, as I personally had forgotten some of the details about Kate's visions which I think meant I missed the meaning of a few moments. Encardia is, as ever, a very interesting world and we get a slight hint of some of the other parallel worlds which wa ...more
Andrea Heltsley
Apr 30, 2015 Andrea Heltsley rated it it was amazing
Here are just a few thoughts from the first two book reviews I did for this trilogy:
"The monsters in this story were unique and creative. The author weaved a very different story that reminded me of no other story. I tore through the pages from beginning to end in haste."- Wilde's Fire

"I have a hard time saying anything negative about this book because there just wasn't anything. The story was engaging and fast paced. It was everything I look for when settling down for a good read."- Wilde's Arm
Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews)
YAY! Okay I had to start this out with a burst of excitement. Honestly, I was beyond excited when I saw Wilde’s Meadow by Krystal Wade on NetGalley.com. I was all resigned to wait until it comes out November 5, 2012 but then I was checking out the new books added like I do every single day and spilt some of my water down my top I was so excited. I saw the cover before I saw anything else and didn’t need to know anything else I just clicked and was approved. I downloaded it on Halloween night, t ...more
Wendy
Feb 19, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
The Darkness Falls series takes a darker turn in book three. That might seem a difficult thing to pull off in a book where there is no sunlight, but Ms. Wade pulls it off with a lovely opening sequence. But first, let’s go back to Wilde’s Army for a minute.

The engagement between Kate and Perth Dufaigh became a moot point after she married Arland on the sly, which did not go over well with Perth’s father. BUT, there are higher powers in Encardia than scheming High Leaders and they don’t much care
Ash
Wow. I can't believe this trilogy is already over...it seems as if I only JUST barely started the first one. OH. And if you've read this far without realizing, THIS IS THE THIRD IN A TRILOGY...as in THE END. So if you haven't read Wilde's Fire yet, go grab it, devour it, same with the sequel then come back and see me, mmkay? ;]

I loved the first two books in this series. They were brilliant fantasies with characters that I adored, the kind of novels that I would like to write someday. Engaging,
Nikki
Feb 11, 2014 Nikki rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I was SO sad the series was over. I can say this author did not pull any punches whatsoever, when there's a war, bad thigns happen! I really appreciated that while this is a fantasy, these didn't 'just' happen, the made sense. A definite read, but start from the beginning with Wilde's Fire or you will really not grasp the full effect of the story.

Disclaimer: I work for the publishing company that released this novel. I read this book of my own volition and in my free time, an
Clare O'Beara
Jul 09, 2015 Clare O'Beara rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Third and last in the 'Darkness Falls' fantasy series, set in the medieval, magical world of Encardia. Kate is getting armour made for her when her partner Arland arrives to warn that battle is close. They live among people who dwell underground and whose language is similar to Irish. Following a celebration the warriors male and female leave to find their horses aboveground and fight daemons.

The trouble with WILDE'S MEADOW is that if you come to it as a standalone you have no idea what is going
Vicci
Feb 05, 2013 Vicci rated it really liked it
Wow! Great way to end the series! It was such a heartwarming read. I really found myself lost with the world of Kate and friends. You will cry at parts. It is a true tearjerker in certan parts. ( fair warning you will need tissues!)
I found myself just in awe of love Kate and Arland. Thier Strength was just so wonderful. Love Love the HEA a great way to finish!
Isabelle Roza
Jun 10, 2015 Isabelle Roza rated it did not like it
Ok i just started this book but i've been done with the series as a whole after the second book. I usually go right though books in a few days but this one ive been having to take brakes with because i just cant get over it. The second book is so pointless about half way though i was done. Now an hour into the 3rd book i had to stop and go WTF. i mean im only an hour in and it just made the second book completely pointless.

first book she is told 'Kate you must unite the people and create and ar
Melinda
Sep 02, 2015 Melinda rated it really liked it
Quite enjoyed this series. Nice take in the urban fantasy genre. Liked the main characters, the world building and the sidekicks.
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
This review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

It's time for war. In the previous novel, Kate built an army to go to war with a god and it's go time. Kate knows the battle will be hard and lives will be lost, but it must happen for Encardia to have light and happiness. Can she do what she was destined to or will she fail and doom her people.

I've been relatively nice in the reviews for the previous books in this series. None of them are bad, but they aren't particularly good
Mrs. Kenyon
Nov 07, 2012 Mrs. Kenyon rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
Katriona has lost her home (Earth) and her best friend, but she has gained the use of magic and fallen in love. She still has to lead an army to war in order to bring Light back to Encardia and that seems to be the least of her worries. To achieve this goal she must unite the worlds to fight against Darkness and kill the fallen god that has taken over the body of her dead best friend. Will Katriona have the power and strength needed to fulfill all of these tasks? Will love be enough to fuel her ...more
Ana
Jan 18, 2013 Ana rated it really liked it
Great ending to a great series! There may have been some tears and there may have been doubts about how this book would end, but, ultimately, the author did justice to this wonderful story! Katriona (Kate) finds herself in the war she’s been preparing for and must face the fact that this could cost her the family and friends who mean so much to her. There was so much going on in this book…even though it was shorter than I had imagined it would be.

All my favorite characters stood behind Kate to b
Stacy
Dec 29, 2012 Stacy rated it really liked it
The Darkness Falls series was fast paced, filled with interesting characters and was rounded off with a great imaginative storyline. The world building from book 1 was attention grabbing and I loved learning everything about Encardia. Katriona started out as any girl next door, knew nothing of her true self or where she came from and grew into a great heroine that was destined to save a world. She went through many ups and downs, lost many and gained some as well.

WILDE'S MEADOW rounded off the
BookHookup
Jan 18, 2013 BookHookup rated it really liked it

All my favorite characters stood behind Kate to b
Carrie Slager
Feb 09, 2014 Carrie Slager rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: I received a free ebook from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.]

Wilde’s Meadow is like an opera. Not because it’s melodramatic or the plot is ridiculously convoluted, but because it has grand themes and memorable characters. It’s reminiscent of Aida what with all the tragedy and sacrifice in the last part. But, unlike most operas, the ending is not abrupt and it is quite satisfying from a fan perspective and a critical one.

As many of my Twitter fans know, Krystal Wade
Gretchen Hohmeyer
This review originally appeared on my blog, My Life is a Notebook, HERE.

Well, this is the end. Hopefully, if you’re reading this, you’ve read my reviews of Wilde’s Fire and Wilde’s Army. If not, spoilers will abound.

I did not like Wilde’s Fire. I’m just going to put that out there. I thought Kate and Arland’s romance was absolutely ridiculous and creepy, but I finished the book anyways. Somehow, for some reason, I also requested Wilde’s Army when it came out. It wasn’t the best, but it was actua
Fel
Sep 20, 2013 Fel rated it it was amazing
Well, here we are, approaching the Meadow that Kate has dreamed ofand not in a good way. Encardia is still engulfed in a war with darkness, the losses continue piling up, and Kate is heading to the very place shes watched Arland die in her dreams so many times. The characters we loveArland, Kate, Perth, Brit, Cadmanand some surprising new allies are armed for the battle with weapons, prophesies, and most importantly secrets. Everything must be revealed in its own time.

When I think of the overall
Jessica
May 13, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Julie-anne
Nov 22, 2012 Julie-anne rated it really liked it
The final fight is here. Katriona must face the god inhabiting her best friend, and she must kill him and believe that Griandor will keep his word and bring him back to life. She must trust her army and has to face the facts that she will lose some of her friends.

This is the last book in the series - I feel I keep getting surprised by finale books lately. So many series that I really enjoy are coming to an end without my prior knowledge, seriously it has happened so much recently.

I have really e
Dena
Mar 19, 2013 Dena rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, 2013
This was the final book in the Darkness Falls trilogy. I did not expect so many people to die, but I guess it all worked out in the end even though everyone practically is dead. This author is not afraid to kill off her characters because she writes about an afterlife and Heaven and gods so she writes that they are living happily ever after together in Heaven while few people are alive on the planet.

I think Kate and Arland's love was a little forced and I never understood why Arland loved her t
Katie Hamstead
I have enjoyed this series. The plot and world kept me interested and curious. But I couldn't like this last book as much as I wanted to.
Like the first book, I found the first half incredibly slow. Heavy internal dialogue and things that were just repetitive made me frustrated. All I wanted was to get to the battles, to see how everyone overcame their obstacles and weaknesses.
The second half things picked up with battle scenes and intrigue. Although I did feel like I went around in circles with
Emily Turner
Aug 16, 2016 Emily Turner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

Hands down one of the best books I've read. The whole series is wonderful. Krystal has done it again she has created a world you could get lost in and it's beautiful.
Diane
May 17, 2014 Diane rated it it was amazing
It was a great read. I couldn't put it down. It has some great twists and turns. We see Kate's story come to an end. She is faced with some difficult challenges in this one. The decisions that she makes will not only have consequences for herself but those around her as well. Want to find out what happens and how it ends then add it along with the other two to your TBR list. I highly recommend the series to everyone. I look forward to reading more of Krystal's books.
Leah
Jul 29, 2014 Leah rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series. it was full of just what I love in a book. action, adventure, fantasy, and romance! it was also just good clean fun... very refreshing!
Q&A with Krystal ...: Welcome 3 19 Nov 23, 2012 06:45PM
  • Ever (Ever, #1)
  • The Gathering Darkness
  • Colour Wielders (Colour Wielders, #1)
  • Georgetown Academy: Book Three
  • Daughters of Saraqael Trilogy (Daughters of Saraqael, #1-3)
  • Alternity
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • Blood of Adoria (Guardians of Legend #2)
  • Soriel (Starfire Angels: Revelations, #1)
  • Make Me (Demon Underground, #4)
  • Avenger (Halflings, #3)
  • Death, the Devil, and the Goldfish
  • Shadowed Ground (The Chronicles of Nowhere #2)
  • The Earth Painter (Painter, #1)
  • Moonlight Mayhem (Spellbound #3)
  • Bane (Coven, #2)
  • Genesis (Soul Savers, #0.5)
  • Georgetown Academy: Book Four
I’m happily married to the love of my life (don’t gag) and raising three beautiful children in the gorgeous state of Virginia. We live just outside Washington, D.C., and every day I wake up to find myself stuck in traffic trying to get there.

The horrid commute gives me plenty of time to zone out and think about my characters in full, brilliant details (I’m a safe driver; don’t worry). Stories give
More about Krystal Wade...

Darkness Falls (3 books)
  • Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls, #1)
  • Wilde's Army (Darkness Falls, #2)