Tanec vášní (Staré panny ze Swanlea, #4)

Tanec vášní (Swanlea Spinsters #4)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,093 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Clara Stanbourneová má dost starostí s provozem polepšovny pro mladé kapsáře, ale teď se zdá, že jí přibudou ještě další potíže. Hned v sousedství se totiž usadil záhadný kapitán Morgan Pryce a zcela zjevně obchoduje s kradeným zbožím. Ten hezoun se ovšem šeredně mýlí, když v ní spatřuje křehkou květinku, kterou lze oblouznit něžnými slůvky a nevyřčenými sliby. Ne, Clara z...more
Published May 11th 2009 by Domino (first published April 30th 2003)

Linda
Romance between Lady Clara Stanbourne , spinster, and do gooder who runs the home for reformed pick pockets in spitalfeilds and Capt. Morgan Pryce(Blakley).
Morgan is working undercover in spitalfeilds set up in astore front but acting as a receiver of stolen goods, however his shop for this undercover operation is set up within a block of Clara's reform home.
Clara and Morgan first meet when she sees Morgan detaining one offer reformees and comes running to protect the child and her fierceness i...more
Rachel Rogers
I finished it, which is saying something since I almost put it down a half dozen times. Not sure why exactly. I felt that the plot was very predictable (even for a romance novel). Another instance of the title really not having much to do with the plot.

One point in its favor, Jeffries layed out the story with the villain, the underworld thief and crime lord "The Spectre" so there were possible identities. I wasn't certain until the climax who exactly the villain was.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Morgan, a naval officer, is working undercover in a poor part of London to stop and capture its most notorious criminal. During his time he meets and falls in love with Clara who runs a home to rehabilitate children who are pickpockets. Clara noses into his business and proves to be a nuissance every step of the way, I didn't like her. Pasts are revealed, the criminal is caught, he stays with her and her home grows. Good read!!
Donna
This may just be my favourite book in this series. Clara and Morgan were such fun to watch as they tried to outwit each other - Clara trying to protect her charges while Morgan tried to protect his secrets. Jeffries did a great job of showing that there was much more to Morgan than the scoundrel portrayed in previous books. I'd been looking forward to this book and was not disappointed. Humour, romance, and suspense were nicely balanced throughout the story.

Although this book can be read as a st...more
Perdani Budiarti
Trauma setelah membaca buku ketiga masih membayangiku saat mulai membuka halaman pertama buku keempat dari seri Swanlea spinters ini. Ternyata oh ternyata, walau berbeda kepribadian dengan Sebastian Blakely, Morgan Pryce setali tiga uang dengan saudara kembarnya itu. Lady Clara juga semakin memperkuat karakter di balik tampilan seorang Lady yang berkelas, tersimpan gairah menggelegak yang belum tersentuh.

Karakter Morgan yang cenderung menutup diri dari orang lain karena masa lalu yang kelam sepe...more
Jacqueline
Maybe it's just more proof I'm odd, but when characters come onto the scene with really fascinating backgrounds, and current things-I'm-doing, I go ga-ga!

Sabrina Jeffries was absolutely fabulous in setting up an amazing character platform with both her hero, Morgan, and heroine, Clara. I was enthralled! The fact that our rockin' author established Clara to be extremely unique in her reformation efforts astounded me. Quite often, authors like to proclaim their characters are of a particular bent,...more
Jessica
I've read quite a bit from the Sabrina Jeffries repertoire and I cannot say this is my favorite. It's not my second favorite either.

Lady Clara is a do-gooder society lady who is busy getting her hands dirty in the scummy section of London called Spitalfields. She manages a home there for reformed pickpockets and is extremely dedicated to her work. That is, until a handsome suspect fence moves his business in next door.

Morgan is the son of a baron that went much of his life believing to be nothi...more
Fanny Roswita Ria
Lady Clara Starboune, tidaklah seperti lady-lady yang gemar berpesta; menghabur-haburkan uang untuk benda yang aneh; atau menggoda lajang-lajang potensial untuk menikahinya, mendapat warisan yang cukup besar dari pamannya yang dianggap sebagai pencoreng nama besar keluarga. Hal ini membuat Clara sangat senang karena dapat melakukan perbaikan rumah asuh untuk anak-anak jalanan yang suka mencopet yang merupakan warisan dari orang tua Clara sendiri. Bersama dengan bibinya, Clara berjuang agar rumah...more
Julie
This just didn't grab me as much as the other Swanlea Spinsters books. Former sea captain, Morgan Pryce is posing as a fence in Spitalfields, a poorer section of London, and Lady Clara Sanbourne runs a home for former pickpocketing children just down the street. I grew a bit bored with her storyline regarding the Home for the children and her mad dashing about into danger without a thought in her head. He's secretly trying to catch a well known criminal in the area, known as The Spectre and she...more
Marie
Bintang 3
Buku ke4 seri Swanlea-Spinsters

Lady Clara Stanborne yg cantik adalah seorang reformis yg memiliki rumah penampungan untuk anak anak jalanan dan mantan pencopet. Clara lebih memilih kesejahteraan bagi anak anak asuhnya daripada keselamatan dirinya.

Kapten Morgan Pryce atau yg dikenal masyarakat bangsawan sebagai kapten Blakely ditugaskan oleh Lord Ravenswood utk membongkar kedok dan jaringan Specter, gembong penjahat yg licin dan ditakuti dilingkungan rumah reformasi Lady Clara.

Pertentang...more
Bunga
Unik dan full romance. Tentang spinster pemilik rumah penampung anak-anak jalanan (kebanyakan sih pencopet) yang berusaha keras melindungi anak asuhnya dari godaan seorang penadah barang curian, tapi ternyata si penadah ini adalah mata-mata yang menyamar untuk menangkap penjahat yang susah ditangkap. Inti ceritanya sih kaya gitu. Hehehe...

Sebenernya menarik, tapi saya berharap misterynya lebih dibanyakin.
Irene
Dance of Seduction is a part of the Swanlea Spinsters series but it was an awesome book in it's own right. I didn't feel like it's missing something because I haven't read the previous 3 books in the series.

It's about a naval officer Morgan, who had a very interesting and very hard past which still haunts him and prevents him from doing the right thing. And Lady Clara, an angel for little pick-pockets on London streets. She tries to save kids, but he works undercover to catch a famous dealer of...more
Tracy Somsen
I really loved this series ! I love how Sabrina incorporates all the characters from the other Swan Lea sisters ! After each one I would say oh this is my favorite!
Wendi Zwaduk
Hot story full of twists and turns. Witty writing that gripped me from page one. I couldn’t put it down. Lady Clara is a force to reckon with. She knows what she wants and won’t quit until she gets it. There were moments when I wanted to give her a swift kick – don’t go where you’re not supposed to go. But I got emotionally involved, so it worked. But Morgan...I wanted to eat him up. Very sexy and commanding. I’d like one of him for my own.
I wasn’t one to normally pick historical books, but I’v...more
I was just meh about this book. I liked Morgan and Clara but I just was not all that into it. The lies and deceit seemed a bit contrived. Also, I was not surprised about who ended up being the bad guy. I'm not saying this book was bad, I just didn't like it as much as some of her other books. Still, I love Sabrina Jeffries and will continue to devour her books.
PoligirlReads
Actually 3.5.

When Jeffries can stay away from the Mommy/Daddy issues, her books are really enjoyable. This one avoids getting too bogged down in those issues, so you could focus on the story. I don't know how realistic it is for a Lady to be able to go regularly (and safely!) into dodgy areas of town, but the focus on the children's home for reformed pickpockets was interesting. Good writing, and good secondary characters. Maybe one too many wolf references though.
Devi Rouli
Beda dari hisrom lain kalo disini clara bersifat pengertian
Beckie Treble
Ah, and here we are coming to the end of the series and the author starts wrapping things up. I mean, we can't have some of the favourite characters not getting their HEA can we?

This book is based on Lady Clara and the real Morgan. She runs a home for young pickpocketers and tries to set them straight with a firm hand but she loves them all to bits no matter what she might say. I love her, she's probably my favourite character of the series. ♥♥
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh I HATE CLARA.. THIS CLARA...!! HUH!!!

3,5 cukup buat buku ini.. sebel ama Clara.nya... zzzZzZzzZz...
Kasian kan Morgan... hiks.. hiks...

Kembali di rumitkan sama Penyamaran...

Entah kenapa seri ini isinya Mata-mata semua... huffth...

*cape *malescerita *sekian

==PecintaaPriaNakalBersaksi...Cukup nakal untuk Morgan Pryce===

**Code Kali ini : Lupa.. kyknya 'John Thomas' deh... gyahahahahha
Angela Noviana
Menurutku sih masih bagusan After The Abduction.
Tapi ceritanya lucu sih karena percakapan Morgan dan Clara =P
Oke lah untuk mengisi waktu luang ^^
Lihat review lengkapku di sini : Review here
Sari
Buku paling gw suka dari series ini, walo sebenernya jalan ceritanya biasa ja dan penjahatnya sangat mudah ditebak, tapi setidaknya lebih berasa emosi yang terlibat antara kedua tokoh utama. Kira" buku kelima akan lebih bagus, or sama mengecewakannya seperti 3 buku sebelumnya ya ;p
Tabetha Waite
I loved the ending of this book, with the twist and danger that ensued, but I actually thought the first part was a bit slow. I felt that the romance took a little bit to get going, but all in all, it was still another great read from a wonderful author! On to the next!
Jessica
I enjoyed it. I was having trouble concentrating, but once I started paying attention, I enjoyed it.
ies
gara2 longkap ke buku 5 terlebih dahulu, jadinya diriku bacanya kaga begitu semangat hehehe..
ternyata karakternya Morgan tdk terlalu berbeda dari si kembarannya hehe
tp bagus si.. ah gw lupa2 inget ceritanya *dtabokin* hehehe
Jessica Grogan
Eh. I have loved every one of Sabrina Jeffries' books except two...this being the second. I just didn't particularly like Morgan and I'm not even sure why. For whatever reason he kept me from really enjoying this book.
Marie
of the four of the five books that I read in the series, this has been by far the best. I enjoyed the H/H interplay and the suspense in learning about the early years of Morgan's life
Melanie (Moviemavengal)
This one, for some reason, didn't grab me as much as some of the other books by Jeffries. The heroine is on the border of TSTL at times.
This was a good story, but seemed just a little too predicable. I had the bad guy figured out almost right away!
Elisia Crawford
It was a little slow to start but once I got into the story it was pretty good. A solid 3 star read!
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, Anthology 2)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Griffin Family, #2)
  • The Charmer (Liar's Club #4)
  • Her Secret Fantasy (Spice Trilogy #2)
  • The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3)
  • Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • Enchanting Pleasures (Pleasures, #3)
  • The Prince's Bride (Effingtons, #4)
  • The Prince of Pleasure (Notorious, #5)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of 36 novels and 9 works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 7 million books i...more
More about Sabrina Jeffries...
The Truth About Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #1) One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3) How to Woo a Reluctant Lady (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #3) A Lady Never Surrenders (Hellions of Halstead Hall #5) Never Seduce a Scoundrel (School for Heiresses #1)

“Perhaps the wolf wasn't quite so dangerous as he pretended. Unfortunately, there was only one way to find out for sure——give him a little rope and see if he hung himself.

And pray that he didn't tie her up with it instead.”
4 likes
“I'm a mite worried about how Foodle will respond to being out here," her aunt continued. "She's so sensitive to strange surroundings." Foodle apparently excelled at hiding her sensitivities, for she was chasing her tail with great enthusiasm.” 2 likes