Falling Stars (Falling Stars, #1)

Falling Stars (Falling Stars #1)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  4,152 ratings  ·  279 reviews
"The haunting pools of dark chocolate drew me in and made my skin crackle. She was beautiful, breathtakingly so. before this moment, I don't think I truly realized just how beautiful she is. A new ache formed in my chest."

Christopher Mason, front man of the band The Forgotten. He's hot, he's famous and everything a famous rock star can be. But despite his fame and bad boy...more
Published August 14th 2012 by Book Nerds Revealed

To ask other readers questions about Falling Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Stars

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleBackstage Pass by Olivia CunningRock Hard by Olivia Cunning
Epic Rockstar Stories
39th out of 368 books — 1,713 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberRule by Jay CrownoverThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
tattooed love boys
72nd out of 607 books — 2,432 voters

More lists with this book...

HJ
Many of my friends really liked this book, so I feel somewhat uncomfortable in that I'm going to completely disagree with them on this book.

First of all, I can't imagine that Falling Stars is anything but a loosely disguised 50/Twi-fic. Christian Christopher Masen Mason, Jasper Jackson, Emmett Elliot, Jacob Jimmy, etc. Not to mention the stepmother, Esme Gwen's caramel colored hair, and stepfather, Carlisle Nicholas who looks so fine. That's not counting Alice Laney, Rosalie Serena, and pseudo J...more
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
Spoiler Free Review
3.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Contemporary Romance
SIDENOTE: This will be revised on 11/14/12. After a nights rest...

OK, I had a nights rest and a few things have been changed.

What you need to know before reading this book.
From what I read this book was originally written as a fan-fic so you will see small similarities to two popular series Beautiful Disasterand Twilight. Some say Fifty Shades of Grey too, but after a good nights rest I beg to differ.

**Inhales, Exhales**
Ok, so....more
Kristy
Wow! The description of this book does not do it justice. I thought this was going to be a light fluffy read about two rock stars falling in love.

Photobucket

It was so. much. MORE than that!!

It was raw, emotional, funny, heart wrenching and sometimes frustrating. This book just sucked me in. I stayed up all night reading until I literally fell asleep mid sentence at 5:30 AM.

I don't even know where to start.

I guess I'll start at the beginning. Christopher was SUCH a jerk at the beginning. I couldn't sta...more
Lindsay
Amazon Freebie 10/19/2012

___________________________________

I think I’m at a loss for words.

I had been looking at this book for a while. I went back and forth on it, wanting to read it and then changing my mind. Then something great happened…I got it for free! So, I bought it and immediately transferred it to my kindle. And there it sat…for months. Then a friend asked if I wanted to do a buddy read on the book. I had just finished another book and didn’t know what I wanted to read next. And sin...more
Aму
I have to admit that I was completely absorbed in this book, but that cover model is what had me at "Hello". ;)

Must Mentions:
___________________________

Kat (Katherine) had to be my 1# favorite 'band sister' of Mia's. They were always openly joking around together and freely handing out shit to everyone else. Imitating Serena and Elliot's smooch fest - had me laughing! Singing "Put the lime in the coconut, you drank them all up." - had me wheezing! Forcing Xander to play Dance Revolution with the...more
Lauren Jarvis
I need a minute.....

another one......

okay maybe one more.....

Okay i am done and ready to talk. But yep that is how I felt at the ending. This book took me in and chewed me around then spit me out to soon. It was so good. I loved everything about it.

I loved the plot, the setting, every character and the writing. OH MY the writing. The banter between the two bands and the comments from friend to friend, was sooooo funny and very real. I often saw this a a very real set of people I all new and hu...more
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
3.5-3.75 Stars

It was also no secret the band had a reputation, especially the dark lead singer often labeled the hot, arrogant asshole.

"Hot, arrogant asshole." Yup, I was sold. Shocker I know. I'm not ashamed either. I love these types of books. Honestly the premise of the book intrigued me. I love strong heroines who won't take crap from assholes like this. From the beginning, it was pretty apparent that Chris Mason is an asshole. Yes, he's hot. Yes, he's sexy, but his attitude was almost a de...more
Belinda
I was pleasantly surprised ! This book was fairly intense, and the "secret" Christoper harbors was seriously intense. So make sure you are prepared for some pretty dark pasts before reading this book, but it was definitely worth all the drama.

I absolutely loved Christopher's character.. The facade of him being an arrogant, "asshole" (as she correctly puts it) made it even better when we see his vulnerability revealed in the book. What he went through, and how much he suffered.. I don't think I...more
FreakChiq
Ever since I’ve read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, and shortly after Thoughtless and Effortless by S.C. Stephens, I’ve been on the lookout for similar compelling books about two people coming together against all odds and struggles. Yet somehow every similar sounding novel ends up being just mediocre or a disappointment. Falling Stars, however, surprised me. I was completely captivated by it in no time. The story is really engaging, and the characters are described in a realistic way. I f...more
Sammy ⭐️
In the first of the Falling Star Series we meet the lead singer of The Forgotten, Christopher Mason he's got a reputation of being difficult due the dark memories of his past.

Mia Ryder is the head strong yet laid back lead singer of the band Hushed Mentality.

Hushed Mentality get the news that their going to be the opening act for The Forgotten much to the annoyance of their lead singer Christopher.

I could of willingly banged Mia and Christopher's heads together as you could clearly see how much...more
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
I loved this story. Just couldn't get enough of it. Sadie Gruber you have outdone youself. I will be looking for more from this author.
Holly
I really enjoyed this book! I'm not even sure what caused me to pick this one other than it was a story about hot rock stars, total no brainer and I wasn't disappointed!

This starts out as the story of the famous rock band The Forgotten getting a new opening act, an all girl band called Hushed Mentality. Of course our lead singers, Christopher Mason(The Forgotten) and Mia Ryder(HM)cannot get along to save their lives! To be fair, Chis is a complete and total A-HOLE to Mia and we all know what tha...more
Kwinn

A falling star is actually on fire as it
enters the atmosphere.
so if i were to try and catch one im pretty sure
there would be some pain involved. though, i would
suppose some pain would be worth it to
find something so rare

that is the line that explains everything to me .
and as you can see i love it
in the first place i am just curious about this
so i check it out and goodiegumdrops i enjoy it so much
and i didn't expect this to be so GOOD .

so christopher the lead vocalist of the forgotten
got som...more
Jessy (Jessy's Book Club)
[The full review is at http://jessysbookclub.wordpress.com/]

I was in the mood for a light contemporary romance and as I was looking at my TBR list I felt drawn to this one. Sexy tortured rockstar? yes please!

Mia’s band is set to tour with The Forgotten as their opening act. A fact Christopher (lead singer of The Forgotten) is not too thrilled about. He plans to drive them away but realises he needs Mia, turns out she’s the only one who can drive his nightmares away.

I had a really good time with...more
Aimee P  Blogging as Enchanting Ella
Hmmm.... where do I begin on this one? Although I can honestly say that I loved the storyline and the characters, I have to unfortunately say that the lack of words and lack of grammatical perfection on this one really has me rating it lower than I thought I would. Because of the fact that there were so many missing words or incomplete sentences in some parts, it was hard to follow the story and continue to be "involved" in the story itself. I know I can be harsh when it comes to spelling and gr...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
I imagined a whole different kind of book going into this one. I think I've been reading too many rock star love stories. This turned out to be much more than that. It was a beautiful story about broken man finding the one thing to bring him back to the light. I loved how the love story developed - that for once this wasn't insta love or even insta lust. I enjoyed Chris and Mia - they were very real - flaws and all. Very enjoyable read.
Lise *friends don't flag*
At the start of this book I thought I would love it and there were many things I did love, but not enough to make up for the fact that this book was way too long, the repetitive POV (his and then hers) was too much and the editing was horrible. Chris was such a broken character and I felt for him and wanted him to have his HEA- so that is pretty much the reason I stuck it out.
Sam
This book was so good that I loved everything about it! It is wonderfully written and engrossing read that you could relate to. You will definitely fall in love with not only the main characters Mia and Chris and hang onto every bit of their romance but also members of the band and their storyline! Another frustrating wait for the sequel!!
Polly
I liked this book. It was super long and I felt the author skipped around a lot. By the end I loved Chris but the beginning and in between I wasn't sold on him.
Erika
Christopher Mason, frontman of the band The Forgotten. He's hot, he's famous and everything a famous rockstar can be. But despite of his enigmatic look, inside he have his own demons to fight. Demons that can't seem to let him go. He had lost all hope. Slowly, his star is falling. Then Mia Ryder, lead vocalist of the band Hushed Mentality, came in to his life. Not wanting to have the "girly" band in his band's tour, he tried to push her away by being an asshole.
One night changed everything. She...more
Laurynne - BookReviewBay.com

WIN WITH FALLING STARS AND STELLAR EVOLUTION ON MY BLOG

I've figured out that I stress way to much when it comes to ARC books. Of course I believe I have a valid reason to be since nobody wants to waste their time reading a book and have it blow up in your face... I've become hesitant at agreeing to read books via authors request, not because I'm being a cow or anything, but it's not lost on me that all authors believe their books are great. So they are going to pump you to give their books a...more
Beth
4 Sleepless Stars

I love a nice long read. One that is truly satisfying and complete. I occasionally like to read a novella but not very often. I want the whole story. Thank you Ms Gruber. This one hits the spot.

Mia is in an All-Girl band. She and her band mates get the break of a lifetime when they are asked to tour with The Forgotten. What could go wrong? Forget the fact that the lead singer is a know womanizer and asshole. This is their shot at the big time.

Christopher is the soulful, damaged...more
Adriana

Ok wow that was so much better than expected. I loved it. It was such a heartbreaking emotionally draining ride and I loved it . I loved the weird relationship that Christopher and Mia had at times it had me cracking up laughing but then it turned into something so beautiful . I'm off to read the novella now . I can't wait to see what Sadie writes next :)
Christina Campagnone
Ah-mazing! This book had my stomach in knots the whole time. So emotional I really don't have words right now. Whenever I review a book and how many stars to give it its always a little difficult. I try to only give 5 stars to a book if i just cant stop thinking about it while reading it and after I am done with it and this is one of them.
Dawn ~The Romance Cover
I loved this book.
It had me in tears of joy and heartache. At times I wanted to bang Christopher and Mia's heads together but the HEA made a great ending. I love the way the author let us get to know every single charecter in the book. I felt like I was actually part of their friendships.
Well worth the read.
Another one would be really good.
Lisa Jayne
Good enough story line, frustrating errors throughout the book, there were bits that I loved and had me wanting more, I do crave a big happily ever after and this book didn't quite deliver sadly. The characters were likeable enough, it had all the direction and idea to be a great book but ended up being all in all just ok.
This was an enjoyable enough read. Needed some serious editing and a lot of scenes could've been cut. At times the writing was very good, but then it was fall back into so-so- writing. There were a lot of scenes that she could've gone deeper in, but she glossed over. 3.5 stars.
Butterfly
Reading it with Dan, anyone want to join your welcome :)

I'l come back to this.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Loved loved loved this book, highly recommended x
Lisa
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!

All my favorites are in this book…angst, love, hot guys, tattoos, secrets and best of all, a relationship that developes over time. I believe in insta-lust but insta-love is a no-no for me. Not an ounce of insta-love between the main characters in this book.

I liked each stage of Christopher and Mia’s relationship. First they couldn’t stand each other. (I loved the photo shoot scene during this stage of their relationship.) The next stage they were confused about the feelings...more
sequel ?? 3 35 Jan 12, 2014 07:43PM
  • Incidental Happenstance
  • My Misery Muse (My Misery Muse, #1)
  • Access All Areas (Access, #1)
  • MADversary
  • Fury (The Sound Wave Series, #1)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • Foolish Games (Foolish Games, #1)
  • Blindsided
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
  • Sound Bites: A Rock & Roll Love Story
  • Rocked Under (Rocked, #1)
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Sheet Music: A Rock 'N' Roll Love Story (Sheet Music, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Fight or Flight (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Battlescars: A Rock & Roll Romance (Battlescars, #1)
  • Phoenix Rockstar (Biker Rockstar, #1)
  • Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1)
I'm a self professed foul mouthed, book nerd who seeks world domination with her sinister side kick, evil minions, fatal depth dwelling felines, hell hound, and fanged lagoon creature.

Oh-Kay, so in reality...I'm a foul mouthed, wife, book nerd, mother of two children, two cats who refuse to leave our basement, a fluffy white ankle biter named Puff, and a carnival goldfish who has survived for two...more
More about Sadie Grubor...
Stellar Evolution (Falling Stars, #1.5) Save the Date (Modern Arrangements, #1) Here Comes the Bride (Modern Arrangements, #2) All Grown Up Happily Ever Addendum (Modern Arrangements, #3)

“Ever heard of knocking, asshole?" I spat, not bothering to look at him.

"Ever heard of locking the door, whore?"

Turning, I glared at him and slammed the door in his face, locking it.

Smirking, he yanked the door back open. "Oh I guess I forgot to mention that the lock is broken." - Christopher Mason & Mia Ryder”
13 likes
“Mia, I told you how I feel. I'm an asshole and I don't say or show how I feel very often, so how about you just fucking enjoy it." -Christopher Mason” 11 likes