Start by marking “The Red Winter (The Tapestry, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Red Winter (The Tapestry, #5)

The Red Winter (The Tapestry #5)

4.63 of 5 stars 4.63  ·  rating details  ·  558 ratings  ·  47 reviews
An inventive and action-packed mix of fantasy, science fiction, and mythology, all in a realistic contemporary setting.

Rowan has won a battle, but not the war. With proper allies, Rowan’s armies could storm the demon stronghold, capture its ruler, and end the reign of demonkind. But while nations clash, a greater struggle lies elsewhere. In his desperate pursuit of Astarot
Published November 25th 2014 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Red Winter, please sign up.

Michael Shea As posted on the author's website:
As posted on the author's website:
IS THE RED WINTER ONLY AVAILABLE AS AN E-BOOK? Yes. The publisher has elected to release The Red Winter exclusively as an e-book. There are no current plans to release a hardcover or paperback edition of the book.

WHY IS IT ONLY AVAILABLE AS AN E-BOOK? The Red Winter was a very big and ambitious project that took me over a year to write. It also coincided with the birth of my second child and my first herniated disc — a perfect storm of bad timing. I missed several deadlines and this interfered with the publisher’s production schedules. They consequently decided they could only go forward with a digital edition. It’s unfortunate, but I’m trying to make the best of it and hope my readers can too. (less)
The Eternity Key by Bree DespainThe Iron Daughter by Julie KagawaThe Alchemyst by Michael ScottBeautiful Creatures by Kami GarciaAchilles vs. Mecha-Hector by Jesse Beeson Tate
Best books involving myths and legends
7th out of 24 books — 4 voters
Chained by Jaimie RobertsEluding Illusions by Wren MichaelsVexed by Wren MichaelsRaze by Tillie ColeThe Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander
2015-16 Reading List
18th out of 79 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Libby
Jan 02, 2015 Libby marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-11-nov
Just re-read the first three books then The Maelstrom - loved them all and can't wait for the finale!! Write Henry, write!!!
Mandy
One of the best endings to a series I have ever read. The story was just beautiful. There's no words, no GIFs to express it. I have never cried because of a book in my entire life, but The Red Winter is one of the very, very few books that came close.
Absolutely no complaints other than that it was only released as an e-book, and wasn't in any online libraries-- a shame, but it's well worth buying anyway.
N Riphagen
I have just finished reading this book seconds ago and I still have a couple of tears running down my cheeks. I am not going to give you any spoilers or tell you about the story. You just have to read it for yourself. Thank you, Henry Neff, for writing such an awesome ending to this five book series. I am at peace with the ending.
Anneloes
Jan 04, 2013 Anneloes marked it as to-read
Can't wait!
Jenny Zi
When I first picked The Hound of Rowan (Book I of The Tapestry), I had no idea that this would be a journey I would NEVER forget. And I didn't even begin to imagine that it would span so many years, tears, etc. The Red Winter is the most fitting conclusion to any series I've ever seen. By reading it, one feels complete.
Neff's writing is absolutely captivating. The way his characters (especially Max) have advanced from the first book through the fifth is very realistic and you only think of it on
Danny
I loved this book! When I first started this series, I was skeptical. It didn't sound like my typical read. Having finally completed the series, however, I can honestly say that it is a beautiful tribute to the fantasy genre. The sheer world building and overlapping of myths and legends is staggering. The author takes old themes and tropes and makes them his own. This book in particular, when compared with the rest of the series, really struck a chord with me. It was beautifully written, the wor ...more
Aarlec Finkledinkle
Jun 30, 2015 Aarlec Finkledinkle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone willing to read it!
For lack of time on my hands I'll make my review short, concise, and to the point: This is my favorite book series I've ever read.

I'm writing this review almost two months after finishing The Red Winter, and I still feel confident in saying that everything about Max's story is nearly perfect in my eyes. After finishing this book I was too emotionally crushed (in a good way) to pick up another book. Trust me when I say I've tried since, and simply haven't been able to read another book.

From the v
Felicity
Very enjoyable ending to this series. I have thoroughly loved delving into this new world, experiencing the genre that is a mixture between fantasy, Irish mythology and horror with the possession. Even though the war occurred predominantly in the fourth book, I found that did not detract from the fifth! In fact I liked the fact that the final i statement wasn't all the oncoming war to end evil. The duel perspectives of chapters kept the story flowing without having to follow the direct action of ...more
Nikimestre
Jul 27, 2013 Nikimestre marked it as to-read
So exited for it to come out.
Aleena Khan
It was awesome

I'm a little sad that the author only released this book as an ebook, but it proved convenient in the end. When I first read the initial installment, I immediately went out and bought the rest. After finding out there was one more released as an ebook, I went out and bought that one too. All o could think was "the story still continues!" And now I'm unbelievably sad that I'm done, but the ending was great. Just please, a personal request to anyone, read this series
Marley
I should start with this since I don’t think I can write a review and not comment on it: That The Red Winter is digital-only is a shame because I would have loved to have the entire series sitting prettily on my bookshelf.
Moving on though, this book was an emotional roller-coaster of the best kind. There were a few moments where I actually cheered aloud for the characters. I don’t want to spoil too much, but I do want to say that there are many tragic and triumphant moments. While the overall pl
Varsha
I did not enjoy the first four books. I only read them because my brother wished me to.
I took my time to start reading Red Winter. It had been so long since i had read the other Tapestry books, that I found myself putting it off.
Finally, I started, and loved it. Henry H. Neff gave readers a stunning end to the series.
It was written fantastically. In every line you could see the thought that went into it. He used a variety of vocabulary, but never used words just because they were big. Red Winter
Kyle
I read the acknowledgements of the book. I normally don't practise this. I read the section "about the author". I almost never do this. Only a few books come by every few years that make me fall in love with the protagonists, plot, setting and most of all, the God-posing, other-worldly, partly-insane antagonist, so much that I would just 'devour' the book cover to cover.
Ever since Book 1, I've loved this series. At first, I thought it would be any other series containing magic & folklore.
Inez
I love this series. There were some passages I could have lived without in the last book (Mr. Neff likes to emphasize his points), I was, overall, very happy with the conclusion of this series. The best book for me will always be the third (The Fiend and the Forge), but the concluding volume is also an excellent read. Thanks Mr. Neff for giving us such terrific characters to grow up with and a beautiful world to explore. Max MacDaniels will always be one of my literary crushes ;)
Danielle Allred
I wish I could give all of this series about 67 stars! The stories made me laugh, cry, and ponder my own immortality. Henry Neff is an exceptionally brilliant writer with an astounding ability to weave an intricate story that entertains, teaches and inspires! I can't recommend all five books enough! Start reading. NOW!
Nina
A sweeping, epic ending to a terrific series. The last book sprawls - I'll give you that - but it's full of exciting battles and ultimately a satisfying ending. I read the last part of the book in one marathon three hour session. If you've read all of Harry Potter and The Hunger Games and the first two Rothfuss books then read this next.
Andi
I read all five books in two days. Couldn't put them down. I love the characters, the story, the world Henry created. Those books deserve much more recognition. But one question : Does anyone know what Max invites David to, in his last letter before *SPOIILER* he leaves ?
Sharri Williams
Best series I have ever read.

I think this is the best ending to a series and I will always be comparing other books to this one. Forget Harry Potter and read a truly well written series.
LeeAnne Woods
This series is my favorite.

There will never be another character like max, I hope that the author continues to use this wonderful universe he has created in future series that he writes.
Lee Sturdevant
Phenomenal

This was an end to a great series, one I recommend to all fantasy lovers. The work this author has poured into this series is tremendous and I loved every bit of it.
Bielka Aime
Jun 02, 2014 Bielka Aime marked it as to-read
I Can't wait... i'm really despising those people that can read the book online right now as an e-book instead of waiting all the way in November for it to come out in hard cover. *anger*
MATHEW
AMAZING

Read this entire series start to finish if you have a soul.
Its simply the best. Nothing like it in the world.
Annie Oosterwyk
The best for last. I loved this book! Battles, treaties, strategy, intrigue, sacrifice and love. I could not put this down.
Joe
Great ending to a great series. The Tapestry Series is gripping; it is a very pleasurable read.
James T.
A good read. The conclusion's not disappointing but also not that special. 3.5 stars.
Mckenna
loved it!!!!!!!!!

I really loved this book at first I was upset by what happens but in the end I felt light hearted and happy.
Rahul Abraham
A well written book with an unexpected and wholly satisfying ending. Well Done Mr Neff.
RosiePosie ~/TiEd uP In KNoTs\~
Need. This. Now.

Don Goforth
A fitting conclusion for a great story

When I first started reading this series I thought it was just another magical knockoff of the Potter books. However it was not long that I realized that it was original and a much better story. Henry Neff is a thoughtful and creative author who deserves more recognition than he is receiving. This last book in the series is exactly what was needed to properly complete the set. It's plot and nuances are better than imagined. Bravo!
Catherine Cavanagh
While I would have preferred a print version of book 5 (to go with books 1 to 4), having the e-book version was better than having none. It was a good conclusion to the series, no question about that, although I was strangely disappointed with the final battle with Astaroth and with what happened to Bram.
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • City of Fire (City Trilogy, #1)
  • Riding Star (Pony Club Rivals, #3)
  • The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1)
  • The Puzzle Ring
  • The Bone Magician (Tales From The Sinister City, #2)
  • A Dark Tide (Book of One, #6)
  • The Twilight Prisoner (Jack Perdu, #2)
  • The Magic Thief: Home (Magic Thief, #4)
  • Orphan: The Key to Magic I
  • Instruments of War (The Warlock Sagas #1)
  • The Rogue Knight (Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • Nature Mage (Nature Mage, #1)
  • Dusssie
  • Sorcerer (The Elemental Magic Series, #1)
  • Air Keep (Farworld, #3)
  • The Blood Binding (Spellbinder #3)

The Tapestry (5 books)
  • The Hound of Rowan (The Tapestry, #1)
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
  • The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • The Maelstrom (The Tapestry, #4)
The Hound of Rowan (The Tapestry, #1) The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2) The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3) The Maelstrom (The Tapestry, #4) Impyrium

“There are many kinds of leaders. Too often we confuse a forceful personality with leadership. This is a mistake. Those with different talents and styles can reach the same mountaintop; they just take different paths to get there.” 5 likes