Unleash the Sloth! 75 Ways to Reach Your Maximum Potential By Doing Less
read excerpt

Unleash the Sloth! 75 Ways to Reach Your Maximum Potential By Doing Less

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  8 reviews
It’s the self-help book you’ve always wanted. The one that tells you’re fine just the way you are – and that you can probably get away with doing even less.

It sounds like a paradox, I know. But just look at the mighty sloth, who makes no excuses for who he is – and becomes everything he needs to be.

And now it’s your turn. Take a nap instead of mowing the lawn. Save yours...more
Published July 26th 2012 by SARK Industries, Inc.

Sarah (SB) ღ
Aug 22, 2012 Sarah (SB) ღ marked it as to-read
Oh Snap! I can't believe someone reached in my head, pulled out my mantra and made it into a book!
Joanie
Disclaimer: I received this book free of charge. However, this is my honest opinion

To make a long story short: this book is amazing.

(I know, that's one very impressive display of enthusiasm but don't get me wrong!)

And if I had wanted to follow the book's advice, I would have stopped my review here but I'm a bad student of the way of the sloth and I have a few more things to add.

First of all, I read Unleash the Sloth! yesterday evening, right after finishing a mandatory college book that had mad...more
Emily Boivin
i loved this book, i laughed from the first page to the last page. i saw myself and those around my in the sloth, and when i pointed it out to seveal members of my family they did not think it was funny but i sure did. if you are looking for som fun reading i recomend picking up a copy, maybe it will ring true, or just give you a laugh. and if you are lucky it may help you bring your inner sloth even closer to the surface where you can truly revel in who you are.....
Holly
I was going to write this review as soon as my copy arrived in the mail, but then... well, you know. (See Way #1)

This is a handy little manual on how not to change anything at all about yourself and still make the most of your more valuable assets: laziness, apathy, a more laid back view on life. It offers humorous little insights on how we'd like to want to live our lives, and how we actually want to live our lives. Definitely a fun, quick read!
Amber
I received this book for free as a First Read from Goodreads.

This book is easy to read, witty, and interesting. It can easily be read cover to cover in less than an hour or enjoyed more slowly reading through each section one at a time. I have left it in my bathroom and some of my guests have commented on it and seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was ok. Not awful, not great.
Colby
Not what I was expecting going in blind (without reading reviews or synopses), but a fantastic surprise! This irreverent, frankly hilarious "self-help" book made me laugh out loud several times, and I highly recommend it for a great bit of light, quick, funny reading. Also a great gift for the lazy couch-warmer (like me!) in your life.
Vé
Fun book! I don't have much else to say, but I chuckled while reading it - and I admit, felt tempted to try osme of these tricks!
Joanna
I received a free copy from the Goodreads First Reads Program.

Funny book. Unleash the sloth!
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Michelle Majors
Michelle Majors marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Morrighan
Morrighan marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Hannah
Hannah added it
Mar 14, 2014
Mia Kelly
Mia Kelly marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Heather Conyers
Heather Conyers marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Alexandra Kaufmann
Alexandra Kaufmann marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Ivi
Ivi marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Micki
Micki marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Mom2triplets04
Mom2triplets04 marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Beverley Grannell
Beverley Grannell marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rob Dircks is and has been many things - author, advertising agency owner, aspiring screenwriter, stock video producer, iPhone app developer, photographer, and more (and yes, even a security guard in college). He lives in New York with his wife Kellie and two kids. You can read more about him and get in touch at www.robdircks.com.
More about Rob Dircks...
Where the Hell is Tesla? (Part One)