Start by marking “Unleash the Sloth! 75 Ways to Reach Your Maximum Potential By Doing Less” as Want to Read:
Unleash the Sloth! 75 Ways to Reach Your Maximum Potential By Doing Less

Read Excerpt

Unleash the Sloth! 75 Ways to Reach Your Maximum Potential By Doing Less

It’s the self-help book you’ve always wanted. The one that tells you’re fine just the way you are – and that you can probably get away with doing even less.

It sounds like a paradox, I know. But just look at the mighty sloth, who makes no excuses for who he is – and becomes everything he needs to be.

And now it’s your turn. Take a nap instead of mowing the lawn. Save yours
Published July 26th 2012 by SARK Industries, Inc.

Be the first to ask a question about Unleash the Sloth! 75 Ways to Reach Your Maximum Potential By Doing Less

Sarah (SB) ღ
Aug 22, 2012 Sarah (SB) ღ marked it as to-read
Oh Snap! I can't believe someone reached in my head, pulled out my mantra and made it into a book!
Cory Hammerstone
Feb 08, 2017 Cory Hammerstone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
It's okay to be lazy!

Finally. Someone who gets it. I'm going back to bed.

(It won't allow me to leave a super short review)

Words words words. There.
Vé
Sep 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Fun book! I don't have much else to say, but I chuckled while reading it - and I admit, felt tempted to try osme of these tricks!
Holly
Sep 10, 2012 Holly rated it really liked it
I was going to write this review as soon as my copy arrived in the mail, but then... well, you know. (See Way #1)

This is a handy little manual on how not to change anything at all about yourself and still make the most of your more valuable assets: laziness, apathy, a more laid back view on life. It offers humorous little insights on how we'd like to want to live our lives, and how we actually want to live our lives. Definitely a fun, quick read!
Emily Boivin
Sep 24, 2012 Emily Boivin rated it really liked it
i loved this book, i laughed from the first page to the last page. i saw myself and those around my in the sloth, and when i pointed it out to seveal members of my family they did not think it was funny but i sure did. if you are looking for som fun reading i recomend picking up a copy, maybe it will ring true, or just give you a laugh. and if you are lucky it may help you bring your inner sloth even closer to the surface where you can truly revel in who you are.....
Colby
Sep 15, 2012 Colby rated it really liked it
Not what I was expecting going in blind (without reading reviews or synopses), but a fantastic surprise! This irreverent, frankly hilarious "self-help" book made me laugh out loud several times, and I highly recommend it for a great bit of light, quick, funny reading. Also a great gift for the lazy couch-warmer (like me!) in your life.
Jessica Macri
Nov 10, 2015 Jessica Macri rated it really liked it
Super cute book - very funny. I enjoyed this quick read immensely. I don't think you were supposed to learn a lesson here, but i did... don't take life to seriously. Lighten up, smell the roses, and laugh.
Kelly Higgins
May 24, 2016 Kelly Higgins rated it really liked it
Short and funny. Lots of pictures in there. Self help clearly not meant to be taken seriously.
Joanna
Jan 30, 2013 Joanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received a free copy from the Goodreads First Reads Program.

Funny book. Unleash the sloth!
Alan
Mar 19, 2016 Alan rated it liked it
Too much work to write a rev
Mark Leone
Feb 15, 2017 Mark Leone rated it it was amazing
Highly amusing. There are a few people at work I need to get this book to..
Amber
Sep 10, 2012 Amber rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free as a First Read from Goodreads.

This book is easy to read, witty, and interesting. It can easily be read cover to cover in less than an hour or enjoyed more slowly reading through each section one at a time. I have left it in my bathroom and some of my guests have commented on it and seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was ok. Not awful, not great.
Sal Noel
Feb 27, 2016 Sal Noel rated it it was ok
quick read. quite amusing.
I just didn't jive with the "humor," but the illustrations were cute.
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Emmanuel Mbala
Emmanuel Mbala rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it did not like it
May 29, 2017
Daniel J.
Daniel J. rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2016
Viola
Viola rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Paul
Paul rated it it was ok
May 30, 2014
Chris Mahood
Chris Mahood rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
ALISON WILLIS
ALISON WILLIS rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2016
Susan Bluberg
Susan Bluberg rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2015
Jonathan Chateau
Jonathan Chateau rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2017
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2013
Josh Fritz
Josh Fritz rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2017
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
  • A Deceit to Die For
  • Thanksgiving
  • The Pyramid Legacy
  • Zombie Apocalypse Preparation: How to Survive in an Undead World and Have Fun Doing It!
  • Turner
  • Conquest
  • The Joy of Physics
  • Hunting for Sparrows
  • Undead Reckoning
  • Tales from Brookgreen: Folklore, Ghost Stories, and Gullah Folktales in the South Carolina Lowcountry
  • Crown of Vengeance
  • The Price of Redemption
Rob Dircks is the Audible bestselling author of Where the Hell is Tesla? and The Wrong Unit , and a member of SFWA (Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America). His prior work includes the anti-self-help book Unleash the Sloth! 75 Ways to Reach Your Maximum Potential By Doing Less , and a drawerful of screenplays and short stories. Some of these sci-fi short stories appear on his original ...more
More about Rob Dircks...