Start by marking “Lawless (Aspen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lawless (Aspen, #2)

Lawless (Aspen #2)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  587 ratings  ·  37 reviews
She committed the ultimate sin...

Ariana Trasatti betrayed her father, an organized crime boss, when she agreed to testify against him. Now the family will stop at nothing to silence her. But after eleven months in the witness protection program, her sanity is in as much danger as her life. When threatened with exposure, she's thrust into the care of a sexy small-town lawma
Published August 5th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Lawless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lawless

Deb
Good short story. Characters created quite an attachment to one another rather quickly.
Nice, HOT sexy man with hot girl. They are brought together to save her life and find a bigger turmoil within themselves
Erica
Ariana aka Anna is in hiding, awaiting trial to prosecute her mobster father where she is the key witness. Desperate to keep her safe, her handler sends her to stay with an old buddy, off the system since he believes there's a leak within his organization.

Milo is a small town sheriff,who's on leave after he was injured in a shootout. He eagerly takes the job, not wanting to have nothing to do for a couple of weeks. Ariana and Milo's attraction sizzles from the start, even though the princess is
Becky
This was the first book I read by this author. It was a freebie for my Kindle. A story about an ex-US Marshall and army is Milo the sheriff of a small community. For the most part, things are pretty quiet in the town until one of his buddies from the US Marshalls office named Quinn calls him to ask him to hide the daughter of the Mob Boss in Chicago who is turning states evidence on her father in a month at his trial. Ariana of course is a sexy, beautiful woman and Milo is taken immediately to h ...more
Kelly
I liked this book right up until Ariana admitted to something that made her a little reprehensible in my eyes. No, I won't tell you what that something is, just know that she was very selfish and her actions put people in danger who were only trying to help her. I had a hard time getting around that and it made me question how she was worthy (for lack of a better word) of Milo's help and, potentially, his love. Up until that point, I liked Ariana. I liked the push and pull between her and Milo. ...more
Dalene
Originally posted at A Date with a Book

My third book in this series and fourth book by this author. I am definitely going to consume all books written by Ms. Stark.

This story idea was fresh and new. I was a little apprehensive when starting this book thinking, how is she going to write a story with just Milo and Ariana and not have it boring or just complete sex scenes. Very creative. I love the little twist and the loop in with Milo’s mom. There was also a little bit of suspense in with this l
Clancy Metzger
Despite Ariana's many (and I do mean many) screw-ups, I still really liked her. Not an easy trick to pull off. Milo, well... Milo is my favorite hero (again - or at least while I was reading this one). I realized pretty early in, I'd read this one before. Didn't care - worth reading again.
Brandi
Sep 26, 2012 Brandi added it
Arianna is a hard - to-keep-alive witness for a mobile trial against her father and he wants her dead. Though Arianna meant well, she's having thoughts of regret because her life has been turned upside down. Now she's on her fifth U. S. Marshall, Milo Sykes.

Ok, now here's what I think: there just wasn't enough story. This felt like part 3 of a five part series starring the same characters . There are glimpses of the characters' pasts but enough to be complete. The book is very entertaining but
Kathy
Aug 08, 2014 Kathy marked it as to-read
Read book 0.5-Wounded, and liked the storyline. Continued with the 3 book set when a good sale came up.
Sam
Sweet, if again, very predictable romance. My favourite male lead of the three books I've read, but a weak female. Again, a rush at the end left it only being a middle-of-the-road read for me.
DA4Pups
Jul 20, 2014 DA4Pups marked it as own-under-another-title
Aspen Trilogy (Aspen Series 1-3)
Mistie
I want a Milo! He's yummy!
Tammie
This book follows Relentless! Loved that one and hope this one is good too.

*Update* 12/01/12
Finished reading today, and I'm sorry to say it didn't even come close to being as good as Relentless! The plot's very predictable, and the heroine is the definition of TSTL (too stupid to live). One or the other of these things, I could overlook, but both just made for an okay read.
Siobhan Muir
Cindy Stark does it again. I really enjoy her Aspen UT series. If you haven't tried her writing, what are you waiting on? This story has a mafia daughter hiding out for a month with an ex-marshal who has become the local deputy. The story is sweet and suspenseful as well as hot in the moments it needs to be. Don't get me wrong - this is NOT sweet romance, but the connection between the characters is wonderful and sexy. I highly recommend this author and this series.
Barbara Blanc
Loved the Aspen series that Cindy wrote. This was number two and I look forward to reading anymore she has written or will write in this series. As a note I also read her two full length novels and loved them.
Kelly
This was a good book. I'm not usually one that likes a "romance noval" so I was surpised at how much I enjoyed this book. There was a little crime drama and the country setting just sucked me in as it reminded me of a place I used to visit often. I found this as a freebie in the Kindle store and took a chance with it. If you like romance novels, I'm sure you will love this book. If you're not a fan of romance novels (like me) you may still enjoy this book.
~Angi~
Ariana has been under protection by the US Marshalls before she testifies against her Mob boss father and circumstances put her under Milo's protection. Milo, a former US Marshall, know that he shouldn't get involved with Ariana...however fate has other plans for them. Ariana has decided that she never knows what tomorrow will bring thanks to her father so she pushes Milo's limits until he finally gives in. The result is hot sex and possibly love??
Claire
I got this free from Amazon.

I have become to really like this author. I have read several of her books now and can say that this wasn't my favorite book of hers ut it was still good.
I like how she sets up her stories and her characters are enjoyable. This book lacked some depth to the characters and the ending was typical of the author but because of less character development, it felt lacking.
This is a quick read. Not clean. Ut not trashy.
Lisa
I liked it!" Very sexy cop.You`re the...sexiest thing thats ever stumbled into my life.From the moment I saw you,Iwanted you.But you`re like the sweetest piece of candy I can`t have.The more I know you,the more I like you,but I can never have you.It`s a sick game the fates are playing with my head.Forgive me for my moment of weakness." Wow what a sweet talker :) loved Milo.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Aspen series. Lawless by Cindy Stark started out with potential but didn't quite keep it. It was a decent read but could have been better. That could have been due in part to the fact it was a short read and no time was spent in really developing the characters or the plot. That said I would probably still read other books by this author.
Mothermayhem
The story is predictable and the heroine is consistently idiotic. She continually makes bad choices and then hides them, putting people who've taken great risks to protect her in further danger. I think the author wanted her to come across as sweet and innocent in spite of growing up in a crime family but she is selfish and self centered.
Denise
It was a great light read which I did enjoy
except for the fact the books are not longer..
I would have love to hear about the trail
and seeing the Milo there watching over her .
Something ... There are still some missing pieces
i believe to the story
Angel
Pretty good, liked the witness protection aspect. Enjoyed revisiting Aspen and some characters from the first novella. On to the last, still hoping to see a reappearance and comeuppance or personality change for a character from the first novella.
Poonam
Wow,interesting read! Loved it from the start to finish.Enjoyed the relatonship between Ariana and MIlo. wish the epilogue was more longer.Love the sexy cop romance story! :)
Christy
I liked this book and would recommend it. It was a pretty girl-on-the-run and protector love story, but I liked the characters and the tension between them.
Sandy Loyd
I enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and felt their attraction. Fun story that focused as much on the romance as on the action and suspense.
Teresa Drelick
This is the second book of a trilogy. Light reads...I'd prefer a little more depth of character but not every book is meant for depth.
BrazGirl
3.5 stars to be more accurate. Good storyline, but it lacked connection with the emotions and feelings of the 2 lead characters.
Stephanie Gallegos
Makes me want to move to this little town to enjoy life.
Kath
Another great read that has vivid excitement and energy.
P.e.
a good story with interesting characters. really liked it.
  • Into the Arms of a Cowboy
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • Candy Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #4)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2)
  • Harm's Hunger (Bad in Boots, #1)
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4)
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)
  • Taking Charge
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • Cowgirl Up!
  • Shattered
  • Safe in His Arms (Manhunt, #1)
  • More Than a Promise (Second Gift Series #2)
  • Keeping the Peace (Aspen Valley, #1)
Cindy Stark lives with her family and a sweet Border Collie in a small town shadowed by the Rocky Mountains. She writes romantic suspense and contemporary romances, and she loves to hear from readers.

Connect with her online at:

If you enjoyed reading her books, she would appreciate it if you would help others en
More about Cindy Stark...
Relentless (Aspen, #1) Moonlight and Margaritas Wounded (Aspen, #0.5) Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3) Sweet Vengeance