Start by marking “Crystal Warrior (Legend of the Crystals, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crystal Warrior (Legend of the Crystals, #1)

Crystal Warrior (Legend of the Crystals #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Larissya's life changes forever when her Grandmother gives her a magic crystal that shows her glimpses of the future. Hunted by mercenaries and an evil group known as the Triad, she is rescued by a large brute of a man named Talos and his band of diminutive followers.

She soon discovers that everyone thinks she is the one referred to in legend as The Crystal Warrior. And t
Published December 9th 2011 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crystal Warrior

Jim Parish
I wanted to really like this book. There are the makings of a really good story here, but the book fails for me for a number of reasons. In my opinion, the world building fails. I never get a sense of what Larissya's world is like. Elim, Alorn, Onan - are they names of residents of different countries? Different races or ethnic groups? Different sub-species of humans? That question is never answered. Widgens appear to be a different sub-species. Why is she the Crystal Warrior? Why does her grand ...more
Malinda
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review. The author has a unique and refreshing imagination. I did enjoy reading this quite a bit. It was wonderfully written. Cooley described the worlds wonderfully, I was able to mentally "see" all the scenes. However, I had a harder time imagining the different characters. He could've gone more in depth with them. I would've loved to know more.
Bill Tillman
Prophecy or Legend makes little difference when it is not spelled out, without telling us the Legend how are we to know crystal one from crystal six? The tale is fast and exciting but without a proper foundation. How hard can a little poetry, or mysterious lines from of olde be? Hard to give a big thumbs up without a prophecy.

Larissya's Grandmother gives her a magic while on her death bed. Hunted by an evil group known as the Triad, and a band of mercenaries.Rescued by a large brute of a man nam
Cody Martin
This is the first book by Mike Cooley. It’s a high fantasy adventure story. Larissa, the main protagonist, is supposedly the legendary warrior, who is destined to get all six of the magic crystals and save her world. Standing in her way is the Triad, who want to use the crystals to bring about death and destruction.

The books starts off gritty and relentless and doesn’t stop. Within the first chapter, Larissa is running for her life, and the book continues at a nearly breakneck speed. The chapter
Belinda Revercomb
I received a free copy of this book to review.

Larissya losses her grandmother, gains the first of six crystals, is hunted by a group of men, and finds out that she is the Warrior from a legend and is destined to save the world all in the first chapter. The remainder of Crystal Warrior keeps up this fast pace excitement throughout until the very end. There weren't any of the slow areas that I usually just skim through.

My favorite genre is Sci-Fi/Fantasy, I just love reading (and learning) about
L.J. Capehart
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review, so here it is! Crystal Warrior is fast paced, and full of excitement. I probably would have given it 4 and a half stars, but you can't! Anyway, Mike Cooley's writing is solid, with very few errors that I noticed. The story line was interesting and imaginative, and his characters were well done overall. I wasn't entirely sure how I would like it at first. There are slightly inappropriate bits here and there that didn't really add to the st ...more
David
Apr 03, 2013 David rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No-one
Shelves: fantasy
Terrible. Story was complicated and went all over the place. There was very little of the back story explained. People were referred to in different ways and I couldn't work out if this was a different nationality or race. There were also frequent errors with references. eg. someone referred to a sword by name before they were told the name and before any reference to the name was in the book.
Angie
Too many unusual character names, location names, and names of races. There isn't any pattern discerning them all, so it was hard to understand the narration until about half way through the book. Reading on the Kindle Fire helped so I could search for words elsewhere in the book.
Fiona rose crossley
UNIQUE. Once i started reading i couldnt stop im hooked and cant wait to read the next one.
Rachel
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read  ·  review of another edition
*downloaded free on ARE
Suzie Jo Glass
Suzie Jo Glass marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Angela Dossett
Angela Dossett marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Tonia
Tonia marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Robert Collins
Robert Collins marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Ymri
Ymri added it
Mar 09, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Tammy Regis
Tammy Regis marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Connie Weeks
Connie Weeks marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
  • The Last Goddess (The Shattered Messiah #1)
  • Ruin
  • Legends (Legend of the White Dragon, #1)
  • Season of the Serpent (Book One)
  • The Sentient Fire (The Seven Signs, #1)
  • Noir, City Shrouded by Darkness (Shades of Gray, #1)
  • Embers (The Guild of the Cowry Catchers, #1)
  • Redheart (Leland Dragon #1)
  • The Grind Show
  • When Fate Dictates (Highland Secrets, #1)
  • Seth and Chloe (Lunara Trilogy, #1)
  • Wrath of the White Tigress: A Tale of Pawan Kor
  • The Call (Time Masters, #1)
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Sunnyside Up with Red Ketchup
  • Draykon (Draykon, #1)
  • Rowena Through the Wall
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
792063
I have been writing science fiction and fantasy stories for many years. My writing has an edge to it. I enjoy exploring the dark and surreal landscapes of the mind.

My first fantasy novel, The Crystal Warrior, has just been released. I am currently working on book two in the series.

I also have a science fiction collection called Skin of Giants.

I grew up in Washington State, went to college in New
More about Mike Cooley...

Legend of the Crystals (2 books)
  • Crystal Origin (Legend of the Crystals, #2)
How To Keep Sparkly Emo Vampires Off Your Lawn Alpha Male Crystal Origin (Legend of the Crystals, #2) Harry Ballsack And The Quid Witch Caper Bryn Morrow