Start by marking “The Body in the Parking Structure” as Want to Read:
The Body in the Parking Structure

The Body in the Parking Structure

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A recent entry in my South American mystery series, an 11,600-word novelette entitled "The Body in the Parking Structure", is now available on Amazon for $1.99. Can you figure out whodunit before Roger does? This fast-paced mystery story features characters from the author's popular series working on a murder case at home in Los Angeles.
Published July 25th 2012 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about The Body in the Parking Structure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Body in the Parking Structure

Wanda Hartzenberg
This is a short, fast paced read that has all the elements of a detective series with a notable shortage of detail.

This may sound like a negative but it is not.
This turned out to be a fun read.
All the necessary information is contained herein but all those details that are used to drag out a story and flesh it out was absent.
Making it a really easy and nice read. None of the essential information is missing. The characters are fluffed out enough for the reader to connect to them though not s
Dolores Ayotte
"The Body in the Parking Structure" is a great introduction to mystery/suspense Author Jerold Last. This is my first exposure to him and to the main characters Suzanne and Roger Bowman in this fictional novella. Suzanne discovers a murdered body in the parking lot where she works. She quickly recognizes the man as a Bolivian scientist that both she and her PI husband, and former police officer, have met in the recent past.

They do not want this murder to go unsolved so they decide to do a little
Slow moving

The book started out to very interesting. Then developed a lag time. The book finally became very interesting about two-thirds through. The characters were well-defined. The plot was good. It just took too long to get to it.
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is a short novella involving Suzanne and Roger Bowman. This time around it is Suzanne who finds a body - in the parking lot at her workplace. Bringing back familiar characters and some new ones, plus something terribly wrong at a drug testing lab. Can Suzanne and Roger solve the mystery and find the killer?

This was a great little novella. Even if you haven't read any of the previous books, it doesn't matter as each character is introduced well. This was an intriguing mystery that got my bra
Angus
This is a murder mystery private detective case book that is part of a series. It is a very short work, two hours reading time and it gets the job done with excellent editing and plot development. This could easily convert into a script for one of the crime shows that used to roll over us on the TV networks when I was growing up and here's a big bonus. They did their research.

The descriptions of chemistry processes, biotech business development, geography and forensics bring the work home and ma
S. E Nelson
This is a very short and fast story. It is very technical but engaging. The story is written like a sitcom episode. The reader learns about what the characters do for a living but unless the reader has prior knowledge of the characters, there is no insight of who they really are. Maybe the character development was done in the first series. Roger, who is the main character, is written in the first person, which pulls the reader in, but at some point in the story Vincent's character is also writt ...more
Olga Miret
I haven't read any of the other books in the series. I found the story well written and very well researched, particularly the world of pharmaceutical companies and how new drugs are researched. Technically very detailed. I would have enjoyed more detail about the investigators and the main characters as I wasn't already familiar with them and I felt as if I would have enjoyed it more had I had more background.
All characters were interesting and the structure was that of a classical detective n
Sharon Michael
Entertaining addition to the Roger and Suzanne series of mysteries. Could probably be read as a stand alone but the background and character development from previous books in the series would make this much more enjoyable.

Very well crafted, tightly written novella with returning characters from a series I enjoy. I particularly like this series for the way the characters are presented, a married couple, mature, well educated and sensible. The author manages the plot lines very well without havin
Ey
This is the second book in the Roger Bowman/Suzanne Foster South American Mystery Series I have read. I wasn't disappointed when I read it. It's amazing the reasons people will kill others. I like the step by step way the story is written to bring you to the conclusion without giving away the killer. Jerold is descriptive just enough so you can picture exactly what is going on. The couple are enjoyable and work well together and make you want to read the author's other books just so you can kno ...more
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
Very Interesting read,an investigative series about a dead body that turned up at UCLA parking lot compound,of a scientist who was coming from Bolivia to sell some patent for anti-cancer drug ,probably because that was once my line in College so I was able to understand everything they talked about.Everything Pharmacological...am glad I took time to read it.
Issa
Stilted and unbelievable dialogue, random and unmarked change in POV, and a ridiculously unlikeable main character made for a poor story.
Glenda
too much of something..I did not enjoy it.
Khelani
Khelani marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Jen Locke
Jen Locke marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Nick Kmita
Nick Kmita marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
LLona Cunningham
LLona Cunningham marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
ChrisGA
ChrisGA marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Cinisajoy
Cinisajoy marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
mystery lovers: Free Mystery Novella 12/30/12-01/03/13 1 5 Dec 30, 2012 12:42PM
The Surreal Killer The Ambivalent Corpse (Crime and Pun Is Meant) The Deadly Dog Show The Body in the Bed The Matador Murders