Start by marking “Hot and Haunted” as Want to Read:
Hot and Haunted

Hot and Haunted

3.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Published October 23rd 2012 by Avon Red

To ask other readers questions about Hot and Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot and Haunted

Lisa (Fic Talk)

Although it wasn't my plan to read this I still picked it up and gave it a chance. I just didn't expect to love/hate it so much. I'll explain fully later. I think I'm just scarred by that second short story. Holy shit I was all: Waaaaaaaah?! o_O

REVIEW

True Halloween pleasures don’t come from sweets ...

I’d have to say that even days after reading this anthology that it is still on my mind! Just absolutely terrifyingly awesome!

Nothing Else Matters by Megan Hart

Megan Hart is a personal a
Letitia
Sep 24, 2012 Letitia rated it really liked it
Overall Rating: A- ... Heat: Sizzling

Just in time for Halloween, Hot and Haunted is full of sexy and scary delights. Spooky and a tad creepy, while also managing to rev up your libido, this anthology was such a wonderful surprise! If there is such a thing as erotica-horror, then these three tales are excellent examples of it. And while I may have picked this one up because of Miz Hart’s name on the cover—I’m happy to have found two new author’s I want to read more from!

Nothing Else Matters by

Stephanie
Oct 09, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Original Post at FANGS, WANDS and FAIRY DUST 10/9/2012
HOT AND HAUNTED: TRICK OR TREAT!

HOT AND HAUNTED

Saranna DeWylde, Megan Hart, Lauren Hawkeye
Publisher: Avon Red/Harper Collins (October 23, 2012)
Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
E-Galley loaned by Harper Collins via Edelweiss. No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions, except as noted, are my own.

True Halloween pleasures don't come from sweets . . . Indulge yourself with some tasty tricks and treats from three popular erotica authors as
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
2.5 Stars

Ok, so this isn't a scary anthology, but it does contain lots of scary zombies, werewolves and a creepy love scene, so it still fits in with our All Hallows Eve month, right? ;D

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS by Megan Hart

I've heard so much about this author and have many of her novels on my kindle, but I just haven't got around to reading them yet. When I received Hot & Haunted for review, I was really excited to see that there was a short story from Megan Hart. I was interested in seeing if
Andrea
Oct 27, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, anthology
Three sexy, creepy stories to steam you up!

Nothing Else Matters, by Megan Hart, is the story of Lira, a survivor of the apocalypse. The world has gone to hell and the only way Lira knows to escape the terror is through sex. Anthony, a fellow survivor, is the man she turns to when she needs to turn her brain off and her body on. The author did a fantastic job of writing very steamy and easy-to-visualize scenes. This story definitely makes me want to read more from Hart.

Pick Me Up, by Lauren Hawke
Guilty Pleasures
Oct 30, 2012 Guilty Pleasures rated it really liked it
Kitty's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 Stars

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS by Megan Hart

In the first book of the “Hot and Haunted” anthology, we visit with Lira and Anthony after the world has been attacked and virus has been spread killing humans only to resurrect them to spread the virus even more. Kira, Anthony and a few other humans have taken refuge in a Synagogue and Kira is their only salvation. The only one who has come in contact with the virus and has survived. That is, until sh
Heather Book Savvy Babe
3.5 of 5 Stars

The Hot and Haunted anthology serves up three quick, hot stories, by three different authors. Each story is completely different from the others. They are not related in anyway, except for that they are all three hot, haunting reads. This anthology is perfect for the paranormal thriller reader who likes their stories with a side of sexy.

The first story is Nothing Else Matters by Megan Hart. This one is a post zombie apocalypse setting, and I found it quite intriguing. It reminded m
Lexie
Apr 09, 2014 Lexie rated it did not like it
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Nothing Else Matters by Megan Hart - 3.5 Stars
This story was not so different from what I would've expected to see in a post-apocalyptic paranormal erotic story from Megan Hart. Even in a short story, the romance is never simple. I don't want to spoil things and tell you what happens :) just that I found this story was sexy but gruesome at the same time. Megan's zombies are pretty disgusting as they spread the "virus" by having spots on their faces expl
Beautiful_Jade
This book contains three short stories.

Nothing Else Matters by Megan Hart and Little Red's Big Bad by Saranna DeWylde I would definitely like to read extended versions of. They had interesting storylines, good characters and hot scenes.

Pick Me Up by Lauren Hawkeye was just a mess. All over the place, nothing making sense. I still have no idea what was going on.
Abby
Jan 05, 2015 Abby rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was just ok. The stories weren't suck you in and grab you ones and even though I knew they were short, they ended abruptly. This book didn't do too much for me, but they weren't bad stories.
Jessica
Jan 25, 2014 Jessica rated it did not like it
Shelves: library
A quick read that was not as exciting as promised.
Jessica
Feb 04, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2013
The first story was about zombies and I was not a fan even though I normally love Megan harts writting. The second story was my kind of twisted. This was definitely erotic and there is something wrong with the main character. I definitely would read more stories by this author. The third story was good, but somewhat predictble. There was one aspect of the story I couldn't have guessed and I liked that aspect.
Ann  Lorz
Oct 25, 2012 Ann Lorz rated it liked it

I would have to say that my favorite of the three stories was Saranna DeWylde's hers was my favorite. I would read her again. Hart's story was okay, not a bad read. I didn't read the Hawkeye, because, I'm not a fan of first person.
Charlene
Nov 17, 2012 Charlene rated it really liked it
Not my usual type of read but I liked it. Even without the naughty they would still have been three good haunted short stories but the naughty did add a little extra fun.
L
Feb 25, 2013 L rated it did not like it
Could not finish this book... the first story lost me before it got started... sex scene before any story elements... not interested.
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
Really enjoyed the last two stories. Loved the twist at the end.

Review to come.
Anastacia
Nov 09, 2012 Anastacia rated it really liked it
Damn, if this is what erotica is, I need to read more!
Nicki
Jan 14, 2014 Nicki rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotic
It was alright. Nothing too fancy.
Tracy's Place
Oct 11, 2012 Tracy's Place rated it liked it
Overall 3.5 out of 5
February Four
Mar 24, 2013 February Four rated it really liked it
Sizzling!
NRuffo
NRuffo marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
J
J marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Jaclyn Roche
Jaclyn Roche marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Cherri-Anne
Cherri-Anne marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Rhonda L.
Rhonda L. marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Psychofatty
Psychofatty marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Katrina B
Katrina B marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
  • Red Hot Holiday
  • Spring Fling: A New Adult Anthology
  • Ever Mine
  • Duty and Desire: Military Erotic Romance
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • Blamed (Blood Money #1)
  • Seven Sexy Sins (Love in Reverse, #1)
  • Her Rancher Rescuer
  • Bride by Mistake (Montana Born Brides, #3)
  • Royal Bridesmaids
  • Just Kiss Me
  • Betting On The Wrong Brother (What Happens In Vegas, #12)
  • Turn Up the Heat: Love Won't Wait\Beach House Beginnings\Strong Enough to Love (Jackson, #1.2)
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Make Me
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Resisting Fate (Predetermined, #1)
  • Steve's Story (Circle of Friends, #2)
Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

--from the author's website