Start by marking “Trylle Trilogy Boxed Set” as Want to Read:
Trylle Trilogy Boxed Set

Trylle Trilogy Boxed Set (Trylle #1-3)

4.42  ·  Rating Details ·  1,766 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
She must dare to be different to unlock the key to her past.

When Wendy Everly was six, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. 11 years later, when do you discovers her mother was almost right. She's not the person she's always believed to self to be, and her whole life begins to unravel - all because of Finn Holmes. Finn is a darkly handsome ne
Paperback
Published October 30th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Trylle Trilogy Boxed Set, please sign up.

Jessica No, it isn't different from the original series. They just took all three books and put them together. (: All they did was add in some clips from…moreNo, it isn't different from the original series. They just took all three books and put them together. (: All they did was add in some clips from other stories.(less)

Sabrina
Apr 14, 2013 Sabrina rated it really liked it
I didn't read the series in the boxed edition but I did read the whole trilogy and I just wanted to give this trilogy an overall rating for personal reference. So after reading the whole Trylle Trilogy would I read it again? Definitely!! I especially loved the bonus short stories so I would make sure to read those again. I'm sure that I would continue to have the same feelings towards the specific books and especially feel the same way about specific characters but maybe I will love more or be ...more
Amanda Panda
Mar 02, 2015 Amanda Panda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
I got this as a three in one book series so my review is towards the series as a whole. First and foremost I absolutely loved these books it just kept getting better and better. I went into reading it completely oblivious to what the storyline was about. I pick the book off the shelve because it had a gorgeous cover, and the back peaked my interest. So without any real input I bought it and started my Trylle journey. Even though I was surprised to find the book was based on trolls I still found ...more
Azbaqiyah
Nov 24, 2016 Azbaqiyah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, young-adult, fantasy
Ooohhh...the story...the action...the angst...the political problem...and much important...the romance! I love it all!

This trilogy really epic!
Jesi
Mar 18, 2014 Jesi rated it it was amazing
The Trylle Trilogy is composed of Switched, Torn and Ascend. Normally, I review series books separately, but in this case, I got super obsessed with them and read them straight through without break, meaning it is hard for me to think of them as separate books. This is actually a tremendous compliment to the author, because I could not get enough of this story!!!

The Trylle are actually a unique take on troll mythology. They mostly look like humans except they tend to have kinkier hair, hate to
Iris Post
okay I gave this trilogy 3 stars but I should say that I think the first book deserves 4 stars because it was better than the second and third one. The further the story went, the more prominent the love triangle (square???) was and it started to annoy the fuck out of me so that's why it only receives 3 stars. The world of the story is good and I think the character development is good as well but the plot is lacking a bit tbh.
I was also very annoyed by Loki because his presence everywhere did m
Shenae Tucker
**More of a 2.5**
This review is on the entire series; all three books and the novellas as I read them in this bind-up. I did enjoy this series but I found it lacking. I liked it enough to continue reading it and finish the series but I personally just found it kind of boring... I never grew attached to the characters and I found myself not particularly caring about the plot and what was going to happen. It was, at times, rather predictable. But in saying all that, one of the character's sarcasm/
Teri
Apr 20, 2013 Teri rated it really liked it
I really liked this whole series. It was nice to have a 'bad guy' end up as the good guy for a change. The plot was believable and kept me turning pages. I would caution that these books are geared for teens high school and up though. It's not shockingly graphic, but there are definitely some scenes I wouldn't want my fourteen year old exposed to, especially in the last book. I sincerely enjoyed the overall story.
Tamyka White
Nov 11, 2015 Tamyka White rated it it was amazing
Switched, torn and ascend by Amanda Hocking. This book series is amazing!!! a friend of mine recommended it me, but I didn't thing that it would be my type of book. But seriously it is the best , I highly recommend it.
Holly
Sep 27, 2015 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down! It was an amazing read. The romance is crazy the action is amazing this was a wonderful read and I highly recommend it!
Luis Schaar
Sep 17, 2012 Luis Schaar rated it liked it
Ok, it ain't Pullitzer prize material but it's fun and light and I would definitely recommend it
to those who, like me, read just before going to sleep and want to relax their minds.
Amy-Jane O'Callaghan
Amazing sucked in from the first chapter! It is made for a young reader but I love my Fantasy books even if you can predict the ending didn't!
Maria Nunes
Sep 25, 2015 Maria Nunes rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story, full of character and believable. Loved the way trolls are depicted and the love story was different.
Natasha Ridge-fraser
Sad that I have finally finished reading this trilogy. The book was amazing. I enjoyed the action and the relationships between the characters.
Ashley
Aug 11, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series! I couldn't put any of the three books down. It's geared towards young adult readers but they are all still very good reads!
Alyssa
Nov 14, 2015 Alyssa rated it liked it
I wish it was more descriptive. That it was longer and explained more because sometimes it felt like entire chunks were missing but overall a fun read. I kept coming back to finish it when i could.
Denise
Oct 07, 2015 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was kept captivated from the get go. Once I finished the book I was not left with a whole bunch of questions, brilliantly written and beautifully concluded.
Anneloes
The books got better!
Robin
Oct 14, 2016 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this story so so much.
CallMeSensei (Jordan)
Jul 29, 2015 CallMeSensei (Jordan) rated it really liked it
The first installment in Amanda Hocking’s Trylle trilogy, introduces Wendy Everly whose mother attempts to kill her on her sixth birthday. Wendy’s mother believes that she is not her real child but something that killed her real child and replaced it.

She’s not wrong.

Wendy Everly is a changeling, one of the Trylle, a race of trolls that lives in secret from humans. The Trylle send their children to live with wealthy humans; the human children are brought back to Trylle and raised there (referre
Courtney Mortemore
Sep 23, 2016 Courtney Mortemore rated it did not like it
So I'm currently reading the first story, and I'm up to the part where Wendy (the main protagonist) just had dinner with her real mother and a bunch of important people.
I think it would be more interesting if the author written it so that in every few chapters we could get a flash back of what Wendy's childhood was like. I feel like that was skipped over too quickly.
I also think the story is moving too quickly for my liking. I mean, she found out what she was in chapter three/four? And the cha
Direwxlf
Oct 24, 2016 Direwxlf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-the-bookshelf
I yearned for a story that would truly captivate me and bewitch me with whimsical intimacy. This book completely fulfilled my wish. It was everything I imagined. Comical but still maintained a suspenseful theme. Romantic but not too stuffy. The writing was fluent and entrancing, simple yet emotional.

It was teeming with incredible characters, some more sufferable than others. I found that by the end of the novel my tolerance for some had changed. Characters that I had once adored just becoming a
Claire
Sep 25, 2016 Claire rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Would recommend it to anyone!!
Ria
Sep 12, 2016 Ria rated it really liked it
Erin H
Sep 06, 2016 Erin H rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-supernatural
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Apr 28, 2016 Lynn 2 Girls & A Book rated it it was amazing
Switched, Bk1 of the Trylle Series, by Amanda Hocking

After being home sick all week, I finally had a day I felt relatively human so I spent it catching up on laundry and relaxing in the recliner with a good book. I read Switched in 1 day! I was so wrapped up in it, the hours just slipped by. It was heaven!

Switched is my read of Amanda Hocking, and I must say I am impressed. Who knew trolls could be so fascinating? The story piqued my curiosity from the beginning. What kind of mother tries to kil
Ellise
The first time I had read this series back in 2012 I was completly 100% sure that it was the most perfectly written ending to any series I had ever read. Now, after reading all three books for a second time, I am absolutly certain that the ending is the most perfectly written i have ever read. Amanda Hocking is an extraordinary writer!

This series is hard to explain in words. The characters are all so well developed it is hard to believe they aren't real people, the plot is a never ending page t
Tanya
Jan 07, 2016 Tanya rated it liked it
I'd been meaning to get Switched for ages, it had been on the TBR list for some time, when my mother in law surprised me with the Trylle trilogy in one book. And I am so glad she did, because I could seamlessly go from one book to the next and get the whole story in one chunk. It also had a few short stories in the book to fill the story out. 900+ pages of booky goodness!

Switched had me hooked straight away. Trylle was a bit different to other YA books, an unlikable female lead, and a mythologic
Karen Castro
Mar 25, 2014 Karen Castro rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, read it if you haven't, you will not regret it, if you don't know if to buy it or not then buy just one, I had the blessing to find the whole trilogy for $11 in bookoutlet.. I think it still is, but look around the website and see ;)

I AM STILL PROCESSING THE END :(
Don't miss understand, the ending was perfect! But OMG i just love the trilogy, I knew
****spoilers****
...i knew Finn was going to end with Mia, I notice when Finn wanted to show her to the kitchen and Mia smile so wide..
Bella Jean
Jul 15, 2015 Bella Jean rated it liked it
I give a 3.5

As an overall series, it's okay. Not amazing, but an okay read for the summer. As individual books, the first two are much better than the last one. And as a reader who prefers a more gradual-paced relationship, one that progresses through the entire story rather than popping up in the very last minute, I did not enjoy the last part very much. Although I very much supported the Loki and Wendy relationship, I would've loved it so much more if they had connected more throughout the ser
Jessica (HighFantasyFanatic)
I loved rereading the book that got me into fantasy and i am shocked by how much i forgot, i only really remembered the first book the other two felt entirely new to me.

Switched
4/5 This story was so nostalgic and i loved slowly remembering what happened when i originally read this in 2011.

The vittra attack - short story
4/5 I really thought this glimpse was helpful for me to be able to connect with loki as a character and thought it was necessary to the overall story and character development.

T
!Trylle Trilogy!: Dream cast for characters in the book 8 46 May 13, 2015 09:40AM
The Official Aman...: which of the three is your favorite book? 50 144 Feb 09, 2015 07:54PM
Tove or Duncan 9 5 Oct 15, 2012 01:55PM
  • The Shadow Garden (Nightfall Gardens, #2)
  • The Fallen Series Boxed Set (Fallen, #1-4)
  • The Unwind Collection (Unwind, #1-3)
  • Bound (The Guardians, #1)
  • Nine Lives of an Urban Panther  (Diaries of an Urban Panther #3)
  • The Wolf's Cry (The Semei Trilogy, #1)
  • Baptism of Fire (Draconi Series, #1)
  • Counting Shadows (Duplicity, #1)
  • Butterfly Kisses
  • The Iron Fey Boxed Set: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, The Iron Knight
  • The Warren Witches (Charmed)
  • Songstruck
  • The Snowmelt River (Three Powers, #1)
  • Preying For Mercy (Mercy Thompson, #1-3)
  • The Caster Chronicles 1-3 Collection (Caster Chronicles, #1-3)
  • Goldmayne: A Fairy Tale
  • A Picture-Perfect Prom? (Sweet Valley High, #141)
  • Colour Wielders (Colour Wielders, #1)
Amanda Hocking is a lifelong Minnesotan obsessed with Batman and Jim Henson. In between watching cooking shows, taking care of her menagerie of pets, and drinking too much Red Bull Zero, she writes young adult urban fantasy and paranormal romance.

Several of her books have made the New York Times Bestsellers list, including the Trylle trilogy and Kanin Chronicles. Herzombie series, The Hollows, has
More about Amanda Hocking...

Trylle (3 books)
  • Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)
  • Torn (Trylle, #2)