Start by marking “My Cowboy Valentine” as Want to Read:
My Cowboy Valentine

My Cowboy Valentine (Hill Country Heroes #4)

A Kiss From A Cowboy...

Be Mine, Cowboy by Jane Porter

Years ago, Rachel James gave Cade King an ultimatum, and he walked. Heartbroken, Rachel moved on. Life is tough as a single mom, but Rachel is doing just fine.

Published February 5th 2013 by Harlequin (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about My Cowboy Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Cowboy Valentine

Marlene
Feb 11, 2013 Marlene rated it it was amazing
Rachel James is a single mom of an autistic son. She recently lost her grandmother and is in the process of moving out of the home that not only she grew up in, but the only home that her young son has ever known. Unexpectedly, Cade King, comes knocking at Rachel's door. Cade was Rachel's first and only real love. Several years prior, Rachel told Cade that he had to stop his drunken ways or he could no longer be a part of her life. Surprisingly, he got up and walked out of her life. She was shoc ...more
Susan
Jan 23, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Be Mine, Cowboy by Jane Porter
Cade has come back to Mineral Wells to try to renew his relationship with Rachel. They had been in love years earlier, but Rachel couldn't handle his drinking and gave him a choice - straighten up or leave. He left and has regretted it ever since. He eventually straightened himself out and now he wants to show her that he's changed. I loved the way that he knew he had a lot of work to do to show Rachel that he wasn't the same irresponsible jerk. I also loved the way
Elisabeth
Feb 05, 2013 Elisabeth rated it really liked it
A honest and heartwarming story.
My Cowboy Valentine by Jane Porter and Tanya Michaels is a book with two great stories in it.
Jane Porters story Be Mine, Cowboy is a honest and heartwarming story dealing with hard everyday problems but it's a Harlequin so you are guaranteed a happy ending.
It's the first Harlequin American Romance story I have read by Jane Porter but I can honestly say that I loved the story. It made my cry and laugh and had two great characters in it. The heroine, Rachel and the
Monica Tillery
Feb 05, 2013 Monica Tillery rated it really liked it
Delightful! I loved the duet of novellas in My Cowboy Valentine. Jane Porter manages to draw the reader in, making us care about her characters immediately. Be Mine, Cowboy is a wonderful story of reunion and redemption, of love and forgiveness. I especially enjoy the heroine, Rachel James. She is seriously down on her luck and burning the candle at both ends...but she doesn't let our hero rescue her. I love that she found love on her own terms, not as the answer to her problems.

Tanya Michaels's
Janine
Feb 05, 2013 Janine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jane-porter
I enjoyed both stories in this book very much. They were fun to read.
Be Mine, Cowboy by Jane Porter: Cade is a rodeo star with a past Rachel would rather forget. They were lovers once, but his love for other things tore them apart. Which is where Rachel would like to keep things. Now, he is back in town and Rachel has been raising her son on her own and doesn't want anything to do with Cade. But, he does everything he can to win both their hearts.
Hill Country Cupid by Tanya Michaels: Tess, the o
Carole
Jan 19, 2013 Carole rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, first its about a cowboy and he comes back after turning his life around to his first love. I love a second chance book, and who doesn't like a good cowboy book, Cade comes back into Rachel's life and he wants her back...of course she has to learn to love again for he left her heart-broken, and she has to think about her little boy Tommy that has autism, of course Tommy starts liking Cade alot and is just the beginning of a good story...gotta read this book to know the ...more
Gretchen
Feb 24, 2013 Gretchen rated it really liked it
I haven't read this style book in many years and wasn't too sure about reading it. Just a few pages in, I thought, "No worries, this is pure Jane Porter!" I'd have love to see this story in a longer, women's fiction novel. My heart was won when I read this line: "Absolutely perfect and just the way God intended him to be." Like Rachel's son, my son is profoundly handicapped. I have said this exact thing numerous times.

Jane doesn't shy away from any topic and handles them all with finesse and gra
Bukcrz
Jul 12, 2014 Bukcrz rated it really liked it
My rating is only for Be Mine, Cowboy by Jane Porter
It is a sweet contemporary read. I can feel the heat of the hero and heroines attraction. I love that the h's struggle to raise her son isn't glossed over - that she did not appear to be saint. Instead she ended up a heroine I admired, and made me cheer for her knight in shinning armour. In this case, her cowboy with shinny buckles.
The hero, sigh....he made me want my own cowboy. Enough said.
I don't want to short change how great this hero is.
Dancer
Feb 08, 2014 Dancer rated it liked it

A kiss from a cowboy…

Be Mine, Cowboy by Jane Porter

Now Cade's back after burning up the rodeo circuit, and things are different. He's sober, but with one burning regret. He has some work to do to show Rachel he's changed—but he's up to the challenge.

Hill Country Cupid by Tanya Michaels

Tess knows what young Bailey Calhoun wants: a mom. So w
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Be Mine, Cowboy

Rachel James did a lot of growing up when Cade King walked out of her life. She has a career making custom cakes and an autistic son to keep her life busy and full. Rachel has no time and less energy to spend on romantic frivolity.

Cade knows he was a fool to ever walk out on Rachel. His successful rodeo career will never fulfill him the way loving her did. Now he is back with one goal in mind and no intention of backing down.

Rachel has already been burned once. Now she has more th
Rhonda
Feb 05, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 STARS

My Cowboy Valentne is two shorter stories set around Valentines Day.Be Mine, Cowboy and
Hill Country Cupid. Both also have cowboys,kids & romance.

Rachel is a single mom and things are tight. Her son is 4 and has special needs. He is cute. Rachel is trying her best to give her son what he needs. She has lost her home and then things get worse.

Cade is a rodeo champion and a acholic. 5 years ago Rachel wanted him to get help with his drinking. If he did not then they were done. Cade chose
Sally Kilpatrick
Wow. What a great Valentine's Day gift from Harlequin! I started to refer to this book as half tragedy and comedy, but I think that oversimplifies the two stories in this collection.

Porter's story has all of the pathos of a great tragedy: a rodeo star who's a recovering alcoholic and a single mother with an autistic child who's about to be evicted from the only home she's ever known. Still in the midst of such a dire situation, Rachel shows great strength and humor as she raises her son. It doe
Stephanie
Feb 23, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Hsiau Wei
Mar 22, 2013 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
This book comprises of two short novella from two different authors and it is a standalone book;

Be Mine, Cowboy!

A story about Cade who returned home with an intention to reconcile his relationship whom he have left behind five years ago without realising that the circumstance between them have change. Rachel is no longer the girl he left behind. She is a single mother with a little boy who have been diagnosed with autism. Life is particularly hard on her when she is losing her current home due t
Julie Barrett
Feb 04, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
My Cowboy Valentine by Jane Porter and Tanya Michaels
Be Mine Cowboy by Jane Porter
Cade is back in town after riding rodeo and he brings flowers to Rachel's grandmother only to learn she died years ago.
Rachel is there and has just finished decorating Mia's wedding cake but he thinks it's her wedding cake for her wedding the next day. He had his chance once. Larry at the diner sets him straight and he goes to visit with Rachel
to find she has a disabled child and she's lost her grandmother's house
Allie Smith
Feb 11, 2013 Allie Smith rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-romance
It has probably been about a DECADE since I’ve read a traditional romance. A friend of mine knows that I love everything that Jane Porter writes…so when she saw her Harlequin American Romance novella, My Cowboy Valentine at the store, she bought it for me. It’s a sweet and easy read. I finished it in one setting. There are two stories, Be Mine, Cowboy by Porter and Hill Country Cupid by Tanya Michaels. Both are great. The Porter story really hit home as the heroine, Rachel James, has a son with ...more
Diah Didi
2 short stories from Jane Porter and Tanya Michaels

Be Mine, Cowboy - Jane Porter (4.5 stars)
I'm not really drawn to the story. But I just loved Rachel's character for her love and struggle to raise Tommy, her son with special needs, as a single mother. I loved the idea that most people needs most of the time was second chance, and that's what exactly Cade and Rachel both need.

Hill Country Cupid - Tanya Michaels (4.5 stars)
This was my very first with Tanya Michaels and I loved it. I smiled a lot
Lisa  Montgomery
Jan 23, 2015 Lisa Montgomery rated it really liked it
Be Mine, Cowboy speaks of redemption and something like forgiveness. The hero is flawed, but masculine at the same time.

Hill Country Cupid brings together a handsome hero, who still feels out of place in society, with a heroine, who also does not recognize her appeal.
Lyn
Jun 12, 2014 Lyn rated it it was amazing
Hill Country Cupid by Tanya Michaels is a GUARANTEED GREAT READ! Once you pick up this book - forget dinner, errands and the family. You won't want to put it down. Fast paced and great characters! Twists and turns keep you turning the pages! Excellent!!
Rosemary K
Feb 11, 2013 Rosemary K rated it it was amazing
'My Cowboy Valentine' has two very enjoyable romances. One story will make you cry and the other will make you laugh. 'Be Mine Cowboy' by Jane Porter tells the bittersweet romance of Rachel James and Cade King. When Cade walked out on Rachel, he broke her heart. Now he's back, but Rachel is a single mother with a special needs child. The author deals with real issues while giving the reader a memorable romance. Tanya Michaels in 'Hill Country Cupid' shows how a born meddler, Tess Fitzpatrick, pl ...more
April
May 14, 2013 April rated it liked it
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Kimberly
Feb 05, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
My Cowboy Valentine was such a treat with two great novellas in one package. I always know that with Jane Porter it will be a great read, and I was pleasantly surprised to love Tanya Michaels' novella as well. Porter's Cowboy Be Mine, not only taught me something about autism, I thought she handled the topic beautifully and realistically. Porter never ceases to amaze me on how she can pack so much into each story and character. Michaels' novella had a great sense of humour and the characters wer ...more
Glenda
Feb 11, 2013 Glenda rated it really liked it
If you want to see the soft side of cowboys, My Cowboy Valentine is the way to go. Both stories, Be Mine, Cowboy & Hill Country Cupid feature cowboys just made for falling in love with. Jane Porter does a great job at giving the reader the satisfaction of a reunion story with a happy ending. Tanya Michaels shows us that good things can happen when you spend a little time stepping outside your normal routine. Both stories are funny & heartwarming.
Cindy Huljack
Feb 25, 2013 Cindy Huljack rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jane-porter
You get 2 great short stories in one book!! Be Mine, Cowboy by Jane Porter is sweet. It grabs your attention right from the beginning. Jane delivers a great story every time and it's perfect for Valentine's day.

Hill Country Cupid by Tanya Michaels is a fun story that also keeps you wanting it to continue. These two stories and authors compliment each other and have you not wanting the stories to end.
Sandy
Apr 26, 2013 Sandy rated it liked it
I wasn't in love so much with Be Mine, Cowboy. I found Rachel irritating and too harsh. Other than that, not a bad story.

Hill Country Cupid was really cute. I enjoy the stories where the characters have that moment that they realize that the other is the one they didn't realize they were looking for (if that makes sense?). I thought the dialogue was amazing as well.
Sandra Munger
Jun 11, 2016 Sandra Munger rated it really liked it
2 short stories about romance around Valentines day. Quick read
Nova
Mar 18, 2015 Nova rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jane-porter
I really liked this book. Two stories of cowboys in one book. Love how Cade comes back into Rachel's life with a desire to make things right with her. He has regrets about their past relationship ending so he has to figure out a way to break through her barriers and fix what his drinking caused him to lose.
Great valentine's day book!
Melinda Garza
Feb 08, 2013 Melinda Garza rated it it was amazing
This story is about a cowboy named Cade who was with Rachel many yrs prior but left after not taking her ultimatum. He has since returned and is a changed person. Now that Rachel has moved on, will she be willing to see Cades changes! Ms. Porter wrote another great Harlequin romance. Can read this story over and over.
GONZA
Jan 25, 2013 GONZA rated it it was ok
Two little nice stories that happen on Valentine's day and involve cowboys, you have to like them to appreciate anyway.

Due brevi storie che accadono a S. Valentino e hanno a che fare con i Cowboy, vi deve piacere il genere.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HARLEQUIN FOR THE PREVIEW
Rebecca
Feb 10, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Two stories - one by a favorite author, Jane Porter, that revolve around cowboys, kids, Valentine's Day and romance. What else would you expect from a Harlequin? Nice to curl up with.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Born in Visalia, California, I'm a small town girl at heart. I love central California's golden foothills, oak trees, and the miles of farmland. In my mind, there's nothing sweeter in the world than the heady fragrance of orange blossoms on a sultry summer night.

As a little girl I spent hours on my bed, staring out the window, dreaming of far off places, fearless knights, and happy-ever-after endi
More about Jane Porter...

Hill Country Heroes (4 books)
  • Claimed by a Cowboy (Hill Country Heroes #1)
  • Tamed by a Texan (Hill Country Heroes #2)
  • Rescued by a Ranger (Hill Country Heroes #3)