Start by marking “Lionboy 3. The Truth” as Want to Read:
Lionboy 3. The Truth

Lionboy 3. The Truth (Lionboy Trilogy #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,350 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Charlie Ashanti - lion-rescuer, shipwreck-survivor and Catspeaker - is safe with his parents. Or is he? Old enemies are closing in: Maccomo, the liontrainer, longs for revenge, and the evil Corporacy is still hunting Charlie and his mum and dad. They could hide. But the time to hide is over. Now is the time to fight back.
Published February 1st 2007 by Puffin (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Lionboy 3. The Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lionboy 3. The Truth

Andrea Ika

After months of searching, not to mention leading a pride of escaped circus lions through Europe and all the way back to Africa, Catspeaker Charlie Ashanti has finally been reunited with his parents—and a long-lost relative with a huge secret to reveal. But their family reunion doesn’t last long. Kidnapped and thrown in a boat, Charlie finds himself alone and bound for who knows where. Charlie’s parents and his faithful lion friends are in hot pursuit, but can Charlie outwit his captor and
Knox Sara
As the last book of my favorite series, I could not have asked for a better book. Charlie continues to look for his parents, but the roles reverse. He will make new friends as always and gain one new rough edged family member. In the end, will he be able to defeat his enemies and take down the Corporacy?

It amazes me how Charlie has matured throughout his adventure. He is not as timid as he once was and can make decisions that most adults would never have to go through, one major choice he had t
Kim Dyer
I can see that this novel has a lot of fans and so I'm willing to accept that I may just be misunderstanding something but I personally felt that this was the weakest instalment of the series.

Firstly, despite being advertised as a novel aimed at children and young adults, it's really not. While I don't doubt that some young teens may get a kick out of it, it's a children's book - plain and simple. I'd recommend it for kids aged 8-10, though there are a few references (such as a cameo from Fidel
sebenarnya, dr keseluruhan cerita yg alurnya sangat enak dibaca, kelokan kisahnya yg cukup tak terduga, dialog yg cerdas dan ide petualangannya yg fresh dan tdk terduga, aku mengharapkan ending yg cetar membahana dr trilogi ini. sayangnya yg kudapatkan justru penyelesaian yg sangat disederhanakan.... yg 'memaksa' charlie menjadi sosok pahlawan tanpa tanding, bahkan tanpa perlu bantuan dari ayahnya, atau orang dewasa manapun. oke, aku tahu ini kisah anak2, jd tdk heran kl anak2 pula yg akan didau ...more
Jonathan Lau
This story "The Truth" continues the book'Lionboy: The Chase'. It is about the main character Charlie Ashanti after he freed the lions and met his parents in Essaouira - Morocco, he tried to find his cat quietly outside the hotel where his parents still in there. Suddenly Charlie was kidnapped by Maccomo, the lion tamer from the Circe. A lizard who could speak English flees to tell Charlie's parents, Aneba and Magdalen.
At King Boris side, he had a lion and wanted to free it to the wild, he ne
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
No time for a thorough review but here's a short one: this is the first in an unusual fantasy trilogy by Zizou Corder. it's not really a trilogy, it's more of a long novel split into three; you really can't read just one as the end of each leaves more questions than answers. It was entertaining and well enough written that I whipped through the series as fast as the audiobook could go. (audiobook note: there is annoying calliope music played at the beginning of a couple of chapters. I hate calli ...more
Katrina Southern
The third and final installment came as a surprise to me. Charlie is reunited with his parents and the lions are safely in Africa. What more is there to tell? Still a whole books worth apparently! The evil pharmaceutical company are still at large, and old enemies baring a grudge sees our poor young hero kidnapped again! I thought that the story had run its course, but this was a nice final installment of the series that rounded off the story-line fully and brought a nice resolution to the serie ...more
Colby L
I actually found myself laughing out loud at the ending of this book, but it was more from it's bizarre plot resolution and strange characters than from comedy. Although this book is very creative and imaginative, it is also rather unbelievable and hard to relate to. If you're willing to go along with talking animals, a deteriorating earth, eccentric royalty, an entire community brainwashed by "sweet air" and even an animal that can speak ANY language you might like it.

I was put off by the atti
I must say that at the end of the last book I didn't really know what was going to happen. I mean, it was all tied up, right? Wrong. From the first few pages I got dragged into the crazy world of Charlie's. And I was literally crying by the end, becuase ITWASTHEENDOFTHESERIES!
This book is best for 10-16 years old, for a intriguing story about a boy who can speak the dialect of cat, and when his parents are kidnapped, he runs to the circus and he bonds with the lions. They embark on an action packed adventure with surprises jumping out on every page. The author of this book is so good at writing, you forget that it is a written story and not a movie. This is the third book in the series, and it will make a lot of sense if you read from the first one, but this is my f ...more
In the beginning of this book, Charlie didn't do much other than get kidnapped...the other (adult) characters were running the show. The plot picked up, however, after about page 150 or so. The ending was satisfying enough, but Lionboy: The Truth didn't grab me as strongly as the first two books in the series. The new villain (the HCE) didn't make my blood run cold, and the suspense didn't ramp up as effectively. Overall, I'm glad that I read all three--the third did provide the closure I needed ...more
In The Truth, by Zizou Corder, Maccomo has escaped from the lions and plans to capture Charlie, Rafi, and talented children to take to the Corporacy. After Charlie's mother and father find out, they set sail in pursuit of Charlie, King Boris of Bulgaria also learns of this and also sets sail. After Charlie is in the Corporacy's hands, Charlie's father turns himself in in the hope of escaping with Charlie.

The Truth is the last book in the Lionboy Trilogy. It is set in the Corporacy headquarters
Very adventurous! Best in the series!
Kirsty (alkalinekiwi)
The third and final book in the Lionboy trilogy and I had this one sitting on my pile to read for quite a while.

Just as much action, thrills and overthrowing fiendish schemes as the first two books - Charlie is back with his parents at last but are they truly safe?
I loved reading about the various cats in the book and the chameleon that spoke cat!

Yes I know I am not of the intended target audience for this book but I still really enjoyed it.
The ending was a bit listy-wrap-up though.

Thomas Fackler
Mar 26, 2008 Thomas Fackler rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone driving a very long way who has brought along other audio entertainment.
Recommended to Thomas by: The Fates
I like all the lionboy books, but I think this one is my favourite. It has this bit at the end where they make lists of how characters want it to end and then another list of how it actually ends. This is probably my favourite Lionboy, although I think that the 2nd one drags on a bit in my opinion, I didn't find it as easy to read as the 1st and 3rd. I think that the 3rd picks the series back up. It's worth reading.
Kristie G
Great book. Part of a trilogy. We listened to it on CD. Since it has so much french, italian and other languages (like twee), I would suggest that you listen to it. Trying to read it would be tough. The guy who reads the books on the CD does a FANTASTIC job. Lots of fun and interesting true facts. Just look up on Google Earth all the places they go including the "white castle". No swearing or any bad stuff.
Dayna Smith
The final installment in the Lionboy series. Charlie has found his parents and returned the lions to Africa. Just when he thinks everything is going his way, he is kidnapped by Maccomo and taken to the Corporacy's Caribbean headquarters. His parents, the lions, and the King Boris are following close behind. Can they rescue Charlie and take down the Corporacy? A fine ending to a charming series.
Dec 23, 2013 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sarah by: Spencer Brodkey
Shelves: young-reader
SOOO much better than the previous two books. The characters had more pizzaz, there was lots of action and interesting twist, and almost no sitting-and-whining-and-describing-and-thinking-and-planning-and-missing and so on. I love how everything comes together so well and how cleverly things work out. If the second book had been more like this, I would have loved the entire series.
Charlie Ashanti, rescued a pack of captured lions in his previous adventures, he was also in a shipwreck and he can speak to cats. He has finally with his parents again. But now, his enemy Maccomo, who is angry that charlie freed his lions and the evil corporacy that want his mum and dad's secret formula they developed are trying to track them down.
I am 50 and I don't think I have enjoyed a series more than this one! I love it so much I intend to by my own copies! Talk about fun adventures, lessons learned and the love of animals. Not only do I know the kids will love it, but if you like to go back to your own childhood and dream than this is the series for you!!
Beatrix Deviana
Apr 14, 2010 Beatrix Deviana is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
buku terakhir dari Lionboy. Charlie dan orang tuanya udah ketemu. Tapi, maccomo ga rela ngelepas mereka. Mereka pun berpetualang lagi.

Seru kali ya jadi Charlie, mengarungi lautan luas, naik kapal cuma sama singa. jadi kepengen nyoba :) tapi takut dimakan sama singanya. kan ga lucu kalo dimakan sama singa -_-
This is a satisfying ending to a well constructed trilogy. The world of Charlie Ashanti expands further as he travels further afield in his efforts to free his family from the restrictions of the Corporacy. This book introduces new animals and minor characters, but really focuses in on Charlie. Good fun.
Zizou Corder did an amazing job with these three books. Compelling, lively, and just enough intrigue to keep you hooked without dragging you through the mud, so to speak. Plus, I loved the small amount of scientific whimsy. The narrator did a great job too.
Bunga Mawar
waaah... aku kasih buku ini 3.5 bintang!

aku jadi cinta ninu...! ingin sekali punya bunglon yang cerdas macam itu, bukan hanya bisa spontan mengubah warna kulit, tapi juga bisa spontan bicara bahasa baru, termasuk bahasa komputer, heheh...
ok this is my personal opinion i thought the series as a whole was well done some good twists and turns and i could not put it down the first time i read the series ive now read the series four times and am still very in love with charlie
This was the final instalment for the Lion Boy series and i felt like it was necessary to complete the series even though i found the last book rather repetitive towards the other two books.
I wish this series kept going and going. I hate when I finish books... So sad... even though it had a happy ending. This was like the best book I have ever read. I REALLY recommend this series.
lionboy 2 9 Apr 03, 2011 08:29PM
  • Indigo's Star (Casson Family, #2)
  • 暁のヨナ 5 [Akatsuki no Yona 5]
  • Psychic Detective Yakumo Vol. 2 (Suzuka Oda)
  • Beast
  • King of the Cloud Forests
  • Hurrah for the Circus! (Rewards)
  • The Spellman Series Box Set 1 - 4 (The Spellmans, #1-4)
  • Chain of Fire
  • Quest for the Sun (Karazan Quartet, #4)
  • なみだうさぎ~制服の片思い~ 4 (Namida Usagi~Seifuku no Kataomoi~ #4)
  • Fleur
  • Evna
  • Akimbo and the Elephants
  • Btooom! (#2)
  • Piper at the Gate
  • No Time Like Show Time (The Hermux Tantamoq Adventures, #3)
  • SeoulVivor
  • Journey Outside
Zizou Corder is Louisa Young and Isabel Adomakoh Young, whose names are too long to fit on the front of a book.

Louisa is a grown-up and has written five grown-up books; Isabel is a kid and has written mostly schoolwork.

The original Zizou is Isabel's lizard, only he spells it Zizu. They Have written five books together: the highly acclaimed Lionboy trilogy, Lee Raven Boy Thief and Halo.

They live in
More about Zizou Corder...

Lionboy Trilogy (3 books)
  • Lionboy (Lionboy Trilogy, #1)
  • The Chase (Lionboy Trilogy, #2)