Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)

Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  26 reviews
When Elle Philips witnesses an armed robbery while standing in line at the bank, she sets into motion a deadly game of cat and mouse. Mark Denton, a security contractor and former navy SEAL, also witnesses the robbery, and is hired by Elle's father to keep his daughter safe following the incident. And while Denton's desire to protect Elle goes beyond professional bounds, h...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Key Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Key Witness

Title: KEY WITNESS
Author: Christy Barritt
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
February 2013
ISBN: 978-0373445271
Genre: Contemporary romantic suspense

Elle Philips is at the bank when two armed men burst in. A teller is killed and the customers all robbed—in addition to the bank. Elle grabs one of the men’s cell phones when he drops it and calls 9-1-1, sending the police out. But the robbers escape, but not before threatening Elle with a slow painful death. She doesn’t take them too seriously. They don...more
Ashley Dawn
I completely enjoyed this book. Elle is in danger. After witnessing a robbery and being key in its end, she needs protection. Mark Denton is at the robbery as well and didn't realize who Elle was, just that she was gorgeous and fun to flirt with. Now, knowing he did security for her father, the senator, and realizing she is in danger, he knows he can take care of her. As the robber's real motives come to light, keeping Elle safe may be harder than Denton had ever thought possible.
I loved the cha...more
A must read! I had a hard time putting this book down! I loved Elle and Denton, he seemed to have presence about him that I liked. Elle had a witty personality but let her emotions get the better of her. Elle Phillip's, a prominent senator's daughter, thinks that the bank robbers she witnessed are after her because she thwarted their plans but when, what she thinks are random and senseless crimes, happen against friends and family start. Protection specialist Mark Denton is called in to be her b...more
H.L. Wegley
A great blend of mystery, suspense, and romance.

What common ground can Ellie Philips, manager of her father's senatorial campaign, find with Mark Denton, a former Navy Seal assigned to protect Ellie when threats are made after she witnesses a bank robbery? Burned by a former fiancé, Ellie sees Mark as a risk taker, a man she could perhaps trust with her safety, if that was his job, but never with her heart. As a series of people die, each one closer to Ellie and each death leaving insufficient c...more
Emilie Hendryx
When I received this book, I was excited to start it and, once I had, it was extremely difficult to put down!

Following footsteps of Elle Philips, a politicians daughter and campaign manager, we she her first real interaction with Mark Denton in the worst-case scenario possible, a bank robbery. When Denton is hired to protect Elle, the two are thrown into one dire circumstance after another. This time together with Denton is exactly what Elle is not looking for - close proximity with a handsome m...more
Penny
Key Witness by Christy Barritt
978-0-373-44527-1
A Love Inspired Novel
Available in February 2013

Can two hearts entwined in intrigue have the faith that they need to fall in love? Former pageant winner, Elle Philips works for her father’s re-election campaign. After she witnesses a bank robbery and a murder, her father hires Mark Denton, a security contractor, to protect her. While Elle receives threats and tragedy engulfs her, Mark works to find the perpetrators and stop the evil that surrounds th...more
Anne Baxter Campbell
If you enjoy romantic suspense, this book is well written and well worth your time to read. Key Witness is the first of Christy Barritt's Security Experts series with Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense.

Elle Phillips watches in horror as a bank robbery becomes an apparently senseless murder case as well. Her quick thinking in using the robber's cell phone brings the police, but it also seems to make her the target of further incidences.

Her wealthy father, Senator Phillips, hires another witness...more
Christina
Key Witness is an edge-of-the-seat, nail-biting suspense.

I’m a total Criminal Minds nut. I’m also addicted to Crime & Investigation Network as well as ID. I’m also a cop errrrr retired Highway Patrolman’s daughter. So, I love all this investgational stuff. And I have to say Christy Barritt impressed me with her ability to bring it all on the page. I mean all. There is so much packed into this book, and I absolutely love, love, love that I was unable to figure out ‘whodunit’.

Kudos, Christy!!!...more
Sarah Gorman
I thought this was a great book! It kept me on my toes until the end and then wrapped up nicely. I will definitely be reason more of Christy Barritt's book.
Diana
Key Witness by Christy Barrit is a pure roller coaster ride of fear. I didn't get to take a breath or break until the end of chapter ten. I took few minutes off and came right back to find out what was going to happen next.

Chapter 11 picked up with more action and there were only few places to relax--sort of. Even when Elle Philips--the main character is relaxing in her home you know she's not safe.

There were a few times I wanted to yell--don't do that! Of course Elle did things anyway and I co...more
Debbie Heaton
In Barritt’s love-inspired suspense novel, Elle Philips witnesses an armed robbery at the bank and sets into motion a deadly game. Former Navy SEAL, Mark Denton, witnesses the same robbery and is later contacted by Elle’s father and hired to keep his daughter safe. Fighting to keep his growing feelings under wrap, he works to stay focused to save her when she becomes a target herself.

A good addition to The Security Experts series.

Jo
Elle Philips and Mark Denton star in this brilliant suspense story. She is the daughter of a wealthy politician, he a security contractor and former Navy SEAL. Christy Barritt writes perfect suspense. This book will keep you on your toes, even if you’re not trying to figure out who the bad guy is. Every page is riveted with twists and turns and that kept me turning pages. As the back cover reads, it’s “a deadly game of cat and mouse.”
Ginger Solomon
This is the second Christy Barritt book I've read, and I was not disappointed. Key Witness had plenty of the romance I love, and was jam-packed full of suspense from the very first sentence.

I read it straight through. The thought of putting it down never crossed my mind and I look forward to her next novel.

***Book provided free for review. The above is my honest opinion.***
Anne
A great romantic/Christian/Suspense book. I really enjoyed the book and couldn't put them down. This was one of a set of books that my mom ordered before her death and I decided to keep instead of send back. I am so glad I kept them.
Jeanette
I enjoyed this book as it kept me guessing the whole time on who was behind that attacks and usually I am able to figure it out about half way though. Looking forward to reading more in the series.
Readers Corner
I really enjoyed this story all the way around. This was my first book by Christy Barritt. I can't wait to read more. Elle and Denton would be a perfect real life couple. They truly get each other.
Valarie Barber
Great book to read by the pool. Denting and Elle are great characters to fall on love with. The mystery side could have been a outlet deeper but overall a good easy read.
Jill
Easy read. Lots of clues, but not enough for me to figure out what would happen. Love Inspired suspense book so Boy gets Girl!!! Denton/Ellie Security Experts series
June
Very enjoyable story. Kept me guessing until the end. Hard to put down. Story moved at an enjoyable pace.
February Four
I found this surprisingly compelling. I think I'll have to seek out the others in the series!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Security Experts
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Security Experts
Category: Inspirational Romance
Ruth
Wonderful and exciting to the end! Love the series.
Merry
Always enjoy a good suspense story.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Love Inspired Books: Contest for KEY WITNESS by Christy Barritt 6 16 Jul 26, 2013 11:56AM
Not much romance? 2 12 Feb 17, 2013 11:54AM
Christy Barritt is an author, freelance writer and speaker who lives in Virginia. She’s married to her Prince Charming, a man who thinks she’s hilarious—but only when she’s not trying to be. Christy’s a self-proclaimed klutz, an avid music lover who’s known for spontaneously bursting into song, and a road trip aficionado. She’s only won one contest in her life—and her prize was kissing a pig (okay...more
More about Christy Barritt...
Hazardous Duty (Squeaky Clean Mystery, #1) Death of the Couch Potato's Wife Suspicious Minds: A Novel (Squeaky Clean Mystery, #2) Organized Grime: Squeaky Clean Mysteries, Book 3 Dirty Deeds (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #4)