Start by marking “Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)” as Want to Read:
Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)

Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)

When Elle Philips witnesses an armed robbery while standing in line at the bank, she sets into motion a deadly game of cat and mouse. Mark Denton, a security contractor and former navy SEAL, also witnesses the robbery, and is hired by Elle's father to keep his daughter safe following the incident. And while Denton's desire to protect Elle goes beyond professional bounds, ...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Key Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Key Witness

Feb 19, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
Title: KEY WITNESS
Author: Christy Barritt
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
February 2013
ISBN: 978-0373445271
Genre: Contemporary romantic suspense

Elle Philips is at the bank when two armed men burst in. A teller is killed and the customers all robbed—in addition to the bank. Elle grabs one of the men’s cell phones when he drops it and calls 9-1-1, sending the police out. But the robbers escape, but not before threatening Elle with a slow painful death. She doesn’t take them too seriously. They don
Emilie Hendryx
Feb 01, 2013 Emilie Hendryx rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-copy
When I received this book, I was excited to start it and, once I had, it was extremely difficult to put down!

Following footsteps of Elle Philips, a politicians daughter and campaign manager, we she her first real interaction with Mark Denton in the worst-case scenario possible, a bank robbery. When Denton is hired to protect Elle, the two are thrown into one dire circumstance after another. This time together with Denton is exactly what Elle is not looking for - close proximity with a handsome m
Ashley Dawn
Jan 24, 2013 Ashley Dawn rated it it was amazing
I completely enjoyed this book. Elle is in danger. After witnessing a robbery and being key in its end, she needs protection. Mark Denton is at the robbery as well and didn't realize who Elle was, just that she was gorgeous and fun to flirt with. Now, knowing he did security for her father, the senator, and realizing she is in danger, he knows he can take care of her. As the robber's real motives come to light, keeping Elle safe may be harder than Denton had ever thought possible.
I loved the cha
Jul 17, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
A must read! I had a hard time putting this book down! I loved Elle and Denton, he seemed to have presence about him that I liked. Elle had a witty personality but let her emotions get the better of her. Elle Phillip's, a prominent senator's daughter, thinks that the bank robbers she witnessed are after her because she thwarted their plans but when, what she thinks are random and senseless crimes, happen against friends and family start. Protection specialist Mark Denton is called in to be her ...more
Hannah
Just shy of five stars because I did find it possible to put it down and read something else last night, but it kept me guessing and I loved not being able to figure it out until right at the end. There were several viable suspects, but I had it narrowed down to two and it was the third possibility that did the deeds. Excellent job on keeping me guessing!

I liked Elle and Denton as characters. They are solid people and their motivations are natural to their characters. I'll definitely be
Kim
Oct 26, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Once again, Christy Barritt scores another success in inspirational suspense. Her LIS books could be episodes on TV crime dramas and are every bit as believable as front page news. You will enjoy her writing style, characters and tense situations til the end. As always, attempting to guess the motives and whodunit will lead you on a few dead ends, but enjoy the process with Elle and Mark until the final page.
H.L. Wegley
Feb 02, 2013 H.L. Wegley rated it it was amazing
A great blend of mystery, suspense, and romance.

What common ground can Ellie Philips, manager of her father's senatorial campaign, find with Mark Denton, a former Navy Seal assigned to protect Ellie when threats are made after she witnesses a bank robbery? Burned by a former fiancé, Ellie sees Mark as a risk taker, a man she could perhaps trust with her safety, if that was his job, but never with her heart. As a series of people die, each one closer to Ellie and each death leaving insufficient c
Penny
Jan 19, 2013 Penny rated it really liked it
Key Witness by Christy Barritt
978-0-373-44527-1
A Love Inspired Novel
Available in February 2013

Can two hearts entwined in intrigue have the faith that they need to fall in love? Former pageant winner, Elle Philips works for her father’s re-election campaign. After she witnesses a bank robbery and a murder, her father hires Mark Denton, a security contractor, to protect her. While Elle receives threats and tragedy engulfs her, Mark works to find the perpetrators and stop the evil that surrounds th
Doreen Marr
May 29, 2016 Doreen Marr rated it it was amazing
Key Witness is the first in Christy Barritt's Security Expert Series, although one of the main characters, Mark Denton, is introduced in an earlier book, Last Target. Although you don't need to, I went back and read that one first. In Key Witness, Elle Philips witnesses a bank robbery and then all of a sudden, the robbers are trying to kill her. Mark Denton is hired to protect her, and they soon figure out there is a lot more involved than a bank robbery. The thieves seem to have it out for Elle ...more
Christina
Feb 05, 2013 Christina rated it it was amazing
Key Witness is an edge-of-the-seat, nail-biting suspense.

I’m a total Criminal Minds nut. I’m also addicted to Crime & Investigation Network as well as ID. I’m also a cop errrrr retired Highway Patrolman’s daughter. So, I love all this investgational stuff. And I have to say Christy Barritt impressed me with her ability to bring it all on the page. I mean all. There is so much packed into this book, and I absolutely love, love, love that I was unable to figure out ‘whodunit’.

Kudos, Christy!!!
Anne Campbell
Mar 06, 2013 Anne Campbell rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy romantic suspense, this book is well written and well worth your time to read. Key Witness is the first of Christy Barritt's Security Experts series with Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense.

Elle Phillips watches in horror as a bank robbery becomes an apparently senseless murder case as well. Her quick thinking in using the robber's cell phone brings the police, but it also seems to make her the target of further incidences.

Her wealthy father, Senator Phillips, hires another witness
Trea
This was a very fast paced inspirational story, but also a very suspenseful one. The heroine’s faith made her easy to connect to and I liked how her relationship with her bodyguard developed. However, the suspenseful part of the story ended rather abruptly and felt rather unsatisfactory to me. Another problem I found was that this story actually had one that preceeded it, which isn’t part of this new series and the author tells you about at the end of the book. Since I am OCD enough to want to ...more
Diana
Feb 01, 2013 Diana rated it it was amazing
Key Witness by Christy Barrit is a pure roller coaster ride of fear. I didn't get to take a breath or break until the end of chapter ten. I took few minutes off and came right back to find out what was going to happen next.

Chapter 11 picked up with more action and there were only few places to relax--sort of. Even when Elle Philips--the main character is relaxing in her home you know she's not safe.

There were a few times I wanted to yell--don't do that! Of course Elle did things anyway and I co
Jo
Feb 28, 2013 Jo rated it it was amazing
Elle Philips and Mark Denton star in this brilliant suspense story. She is the daughter of a wealthy politician, he a security contractor and former Navy SEAL. Christy Barritt writes perfect suspense. This book will keep you on your toes, even if you’re not trying to figure out who the bad guy is. Every page is riveted with twists and turns and that kept me turning pages. As the back cover reads, it’s “a deadly game of cat and mouse.”
Debbie Heaton
Feb 15, 2013 Debbie Heaton rated it liked it
In Barritt’s love-inspired suspense novel, Elle Philips witnesses an armed robbery at the bank and sets into motion a deadly game. Former Navy SEAL, Mark Denton, witnesses the same robbery and is later contacted by Elle’s father and hired to keep his daughter safe. Fighting to keep his growing feelings under wrap, he works to stay focused to save her when she becomes a target herself.

A good addition to The Security Experts series.

Julia Lance
Feb 15, 2015 Julia Lance rated it it was amazing
This book will have you biting your nails and on the edge of your seat! I don't know why this book isn't more popular and out of print because it was awesome! I love Christy's book and this one, like her others, is full of scary situations and lots of action. I love how she can also tie in some romance just for fun Since I was all caught up with the squeaky clean books I am glad I found some others of Christy's to read that I enjoyed just as much! Highly recommend it!
Janice Aitkens
Jul 21, 2016 Janice Aitkens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this on the kindle

I was recommended this book & so glad i got it a very enjoyable book it not one i would have looked at had it not been for the recommendation & i had certainly not read anything by this author

It not a best seller in that is one of the big names in crime but you also don't get all the dark side but still has the suspense & who is it that is after Ellie
Ginger Solomon
Feb 23, 2013 Ginger Solomon rated it it was amazing
This is the second Christy Barritt book I've read, and I was not disappointed. Key Witness had plenty of the romance I love, and was jam-packed full of suspense from the very first sentence.

I read it straight through. The thought of putting it down never crossed my mind and I look forward to her next novel.

***Book provided free for review. The above is my honest opinion.***
Anne
Aug 16, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing
A great romantic/Christian/Suspense book. I really enjoyed the book and couldn't put them down. This was one of a set of books that my mom ordered before her death and I decided to keep instead of send back. I am so glad I kept them.
Pam
Jan 04, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. It was a real thriller with a great ending. Another page turner by Christy Barritt! This book was a gift from the author and this review reflects my honest opinion.
Lisa
Apr 01, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story all the way around. This was my first book by Christy Barritt. I can't wait to read more. Elle and Denton would be a perfect real life couple. They truly get each other.
Jill
Jun 27, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-inspired, series
Easy read. Lots of clues, but not enough for me to figure out what would happen. Love Inspired suspense book so Boy gets Girl!!! Denton/Ellie Security Experts series
Florence
Feb 02, 2015 Florence rated it it was amazing
I received the book from the author and proceeded to read it in two days. I enjoyed the main characters and loved the plot. A very enjoyable read. Christy Barritt delivers again.
Sarah Gorman
Jul 24, 2014 Sarah Gorman rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great book! It kept me on my toes until the end and then wrapped up nicely. I will definitely be reason more of Christy Barritt's book.
Valarie Barber
Jul 26, 2013 Valarie Barber rated it really liked it
Great book to read by the pool. Denting and Elle are great characters to fall on love with. The mystery side could have been a outlet deeper but overall a good easy read.
June
Apr 27, 2013 June rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable story. Kept me guessing until the end. Hard to put down. Story moved at an enjoyable pace.
Jeanette
Oct 24, 2015 Jeanette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book as it kept me guessing the whole time on who was behind that attacks and usually I am able to figure it out about half way though. Looking forward to reading more in the series.
Kathie
Kathie rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2016
Deanne
Deanne rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Kelly Taylor
Kelly Taylor rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Love Inspired Books: Contest for KEY WITNESS by Christy Barritt 6 16 Jul 26, 2013 11:56AM
Not much romance? 2 12 Feb 17, 2013 11:54AM
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Torn Loyalties (Lost-Inc., #3)
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Final Resort (Treasure Seekers #3)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • The Doctor's Defender (Protection Specialists, #3)
  • Defender for Hire (Heroes for Hire, #9)
  • Shades of Truth (Undercover Cops #2)
  • Stolen Identity
  • SEAL Under Siege (Men of Valor #2)
  • No Way Out
  • Riptide
Christy Barritt is an author, freelance writer and speaker who lives in Virginia. She’s married to her Prince Charming, a man who thinks she’s hilarious—but only when she’s not trying to be. Christy’s a self-proclaimed klutz, an avid music lover who’s known for spontaneously bursting into song, and a road trip aficionado. She’s only won one contest in her life—and her prize was kissing a pig ...more
More about Christy Barritt...

The Security Experts (3 books)
  • Lifeline (The Security Experts, #2)
  • High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)