Groom by Arrangement

Groom by Arrangement

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Eliza Kelly thought her humiliation was complete when she identified the wrong train passenger as her mail-order groom. She was only trying to tell Jackson Hart that the madcap scheme was not her idea. But now that the stormy-eyed blacksmith has decided to stay, rumors are flying. And Jackson does the gallant thing—he offers the lovely widow a marriage of convenience.Thoug...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Groom by Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Groom by Arrangement

Debra Ullrick
This is Rhonda Gibson’s best story yet, and that's saying a lot because I've read all of her stories and thought each and every one was awesome.

Eliza Kelly is a hoot. A very zany, fun, talkative fun woman. But watch out when she's quiet, oh, oh. All those hats… *smiling*

And who wouldn't fall in love with Jackson Hart? The tall, broad-shouldered, hunky, protective, gentle-giant smithy hero. A real sweetheart!

Then there's Peter. I wanted to adopt that adorable little boy myself.

There were so many...more
Wendy
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
Eliza Kelly thought her humiliation was complete when she identified the wrong train passenger as her mail-order groom. She was only trying to tell Jackson Hart that the madcap scheme was not her idea. But now the stormy-eyed blacksmith has decided to stay, rumors are flying. And Jackson does the gallant thing--he offers the lovely widow a marriage of convenience.

Though he came to New Mexico to find his father, Jackson wonders if Eliza'smistake was his good fortune. Between...more
Katie Marie
This was a really great book! I don't think I could choose a favorite part because I loved the book so much. I loved how Jackson stood up and protected Eliza and even though at first they weren't in love he treated her like a lady, he was a real gentleman.
I loved that Jackson was this huge man with beautiful blue eyes and could be hard when he wanted but when you got to know him he was very sweet and loving. I loved how talkative Eliza is in this book, in a way she reminds me of myself that way...more
Katrina
Thank you so much for the book firstly, it was a great read. I really enjoyed the characters a lot as well, Eve and her little side story were a nice addition. This was a very wholesome romance novel, thank you again!
Janis Kay
I love these kinds of throw-together arrangements lol. It never seems to get old and I enjoyed this especially since the beginning was so humorous xD
Janine
“Groom by Arrangement” by Rhonda Gibson is sweet and wild rides of a roller coaster for things happen pretty fast in the story. This is a great reminder how words can change and maybe hurt others, while showing that God can use anything, even a mistake, for His purpose and for good. This book is a sequel to “The Marshal’s Promise” but a fantastic stand-alone book. This is Eliza Kelly’s story and WOW what and enjoyment to read.

This is the second time that I have enjoyed this book and the first ti...more
Barbara
Eliza Kelly is mortified that her close friend, Hannah, has advertised for a mail order groom for her. She’s even more mortified when she goes to meet the groom at the railroad station and picks the wrong man: she takes blacksmith Jackson Hart instead of the milquetoast Miles Thatcher home with her. Naturally, gossip around town begins and Eliza’s reputation is at stake, so Jackson offers her a marriage of convenience.

The “marriage of convenience” trope is really tiresome. Eliza has been a wido...more
Ashley
Eh it was okay I need to stop choosing inspirational books they are not my style. It was a cute story between Jackson and Eliza but the author bounced around too much with other stories and didnt finish most. I guessed there wouldn't be a romantic sex scene cause of the genre but I became very annoyed that Jackson's mother was a horrible cruel woman and he just stood there and hugged her and said I hope your happy I love you. I'm sorry I can understand being Christian and all but I'd kick her ou...more
Huda Sarkowi
Read this on Valentine's Day. Perfect.
Joanna
This book was a fast read. I felt that the plot was very rushed and I did not feel that the characters grew together. It felt more like 'love at first sight' instead of growing together because of their circumstances. The plot also resolved too nicely for me. I enjoy happy endings but I don't think everything should work out in their favor. I would borrow the book but I don't recommend buying it for your library.
Jaquelyn Scroggie
An awesome book! I loved getting to hear more of the characters stories, and what made them who they are! Can't wait to read the next book by Rhonda Gibson!
June
I really enjoyed this book. Pages turned quickly and was a happy, quick read. Very well written and the story line was good. Pick it up. You'll enjoy it!
Tabitha Corey
I absolutely loved it. One of the best books I've read this year.
Veronica
Really beautiful story with a beautiful ending. So happy!
Nadien
Nadien marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Patricia Kemp Blackmon marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Fv
Fv marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Mayah
Mayah is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2014
Amy Jo
Amy Jo added it
Jul 05, 2014
Jenny.e.s
Jenny.e.s marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Norma
Norma marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Rhonda Gibson lives in New Mexico with her husband James. She has two children and three beautiful grandchildren. Reading is something she has enjoyed her whole life and writing stemmed from that love. When she isn’t writing or reading, she enjoys gardening, beading and playing with her dog, Sheba. She speaks at conferences and local writing groups. You can visit her at www.rhondagibson.net where...more
More about Rhonda Gibson...
The Midwife's Legacy The Marshal's Promise The Bachelor Club: Joyful Noise / The Rescue / Right for Each Other / Stealing Home (Heartsong Novella Collection) Taming the Texas Rancher His Chosen Bride