Start by marking “Groom by Arrangement” as Want to Read:
Groom by Arrangement

Groom by Arrangement

Eliza Kelly thought her humiliation was complete when she identified the wrong train passenger as her mail-order groom. She was only trying to tell Jackson Hart that the madcap scheme was not her idea. But now that the stormy-eyed blacksmith has decided to stay, rumors are flying. And Jackson does the gallant thing—he offers the lovely widow a marriage of convenience.Thoug ...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Groom by Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Groom by Arrangement

Debra Ullrick
Mar 07, 2013 Debra Ullrick rated it it was amazing
This is Rhonda Gibson’s best story yet, and that's saying a lot because I've read all of her stories and thought each and every one was awesome.

Eliza Kelly is a hoot. A very zany, fun, talkative fun woman. But watch out when she's quiet, oh, oh. All those hats… *smiling*

And who wouldn't fall in love with Jackson Hart? The tall, broad-shouldered, hunky, protective, gentle-giant smithy hero. A real sweetheart!

Then there's Peter. I wanted to adopt that adorable little boy myself.

There were so many
Katie Marie
Mar 08, 2014 Katie Marie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was a really great book! I don't think I could choose a favorite part because I loved the book so much. I loved how Jackson stood up and protected Eliza and even though at first they weren't in love he treated her like a lady, he was a real gentleman.
I loved that Jackson was this huge man with beautiful blue eyes and could be hard when he wanted but when you got to know him he was very sweet and loving. I loved how talkative Eliza is in this book, in a way she reminds me of myself that way
Katrina McCollough
Mar 14, 2013 Katrina McCollough rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much for the book firstly, it was a great read. I really enjoyed the characters a lot as well, Eve and her little side story were a nice addition. This was a very wholesome romance novel, thank you again!
Janis Kay
Feb 04, 2013 Janis Kay rated it really liked it
I love these kinds of throw-together arrangements lol. It never seems to get old and I enjoyed this especially since the beginning was so humorous xD
Barbara
Jun 25, 2013 Barbara rated it liked it
Eliza Kelly is mortified that her close friend, Hannah, has advertised for a mail order groom for her. She’s even more mortified when she goes to meet the groom at the railroad station and picks the wrong man: she takes blacksmith Jackson Hart instead of the milquetoast Miles Thatcher home with her. Naturally, gossip around town begins and Eliza’s reputation is at stake, so Jackson offers her a marriage of convenience.

The “marriage of convenience” trope is really tiresome. Eliza has been a wido
Julia
Eliza's friends have ordered her a mail-order husband, and she's not happy about it. So she goes to town to tell the bloke it's all off, but accidentally hauls away Jackson, who is suffering from a concussion after being robbed on the train. He then escorts her home, and the mail-order husband declares this makes her a fallen woman and for some reason everyone just agrees with him, even though it was a very honourable and respected man who suggested Jackson escort her home in the first place. Of ...more
Wendy
Aug 07, 2014 Wendy rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
Eliza Kelly thought her humiliation was complete when she identified the wrong train passenger as her mail-order groom. She was only trying to tell Jackson Hart that the madcap scheme was not her idea. But now the stormy-eyed blacksmith has decided to stay, rumors are flying. And Jackson does the gallant thing--he offers the lovely widow a marriage of convenience.

Though he came to New Mexico to find his father, Jackson wonders if Eliza'smistake was his good fortune. Between
Ashley
Jul 06, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
Eh it was okay I need to stop choosing inspirational books they are not my style. It was a cute story between Jackson and Eliza but the author bounced around too much with other stories and didnt finish most. I guessed there wouldn't be a romantic sex scene cause of the genre but I became very annoyed that Jackson's mother was a horrible cruel woman and he just stood there and hugged her and said I hope your happy I love you. I'm sorry I can understand being Christian and all but I'd kick her ou ...more
Joanna
Apr 14, 2013 Joanna rated it liked it
This book was a fast read. I felt that the plot was very rushed and I did not feel that the characters grew together. It felt more like 'love at first sight' instead of growing together because of their circumstances. The plot also resolved too nicely for me. I enjoy happy endings but I don't think everything should work out in their favor. I would borrow the book but I don't recommend buying it for your library.
JoAnn
This was a good book and a nice story. As with all Love Inspired books I've read, this one was pretty quick, and I felt some areas could have been written more in depth. But overall, it was a nice story and I'm glad I read it.
Carolyn
Aug 15, 2015 Carolyn rated it it was ok
Veronica
May 11, 2013 Veronica rated it it was amazing
Really beautiful story with a beautiful ending. So happy!
Huda Sarkowi
Feb 15, 2014 Huda Sarkowi rated it it was amazing
Read this on Valentine's Day. Perfect.
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Jan 24, 2014 Jaquelyn Scroggie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-inspired
An awesome book! I loved getting to hear more of the characters stories, and what made them who they are! Can't wait to read the next book by Rhonda Gibson!
Tabitha
May 10, 2013 Tabitha rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it. One of the best books I've read this year.
Dawn
Dec 22, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Review to come.
June
Apr 02, 2013 June rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Pages turned quickly and was a happy, quick read. Very well written and the story line was good. Pick it up. You'll enjoy it!
Devin
Devin rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Trisha Nichols
Trisha Nichols rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Haley
Haley rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Marcella
Marcella rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Val
Val rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Ellen J Trunnell
Ellen J Trunnell rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Elle
Elle rated it really liked it
May 10, 2013
Radia
Radia rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Jennifer McClelland
Jennifer McClelland rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Suchi
Suchi rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart
  • Charity House Courtship (Charity House, #5)
  • The Governess and Mr. Granville (The Parson's Daughters, #2)
  • The Earl's Honorable Intentions (Glass Slipper Brides, #3)
  • A Texas-Made Match
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Brides of the West: Josie's Wedding Dress\Last Minute Bride\Her Ideal Husband
  • Wooing the Schoolmarm (Pinewood Weddings, #1)
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • Snowflake Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #4)
  • Groom Wanted (Bowen, #3)
  • Somewhere to Call Home (Boardinghouse Betrothals #1)
  • The Husband Hunt (Smoky Mountain Matches, #4)
Rhonda Gibson lives in New Mexico with her husband James. She has two children and three beautiful grandchildren. Reading is something she has enjoyed her whole life and writing stemmed from that love. When she isn’t writing or reading, she enjoys gardening, beading and playing with her dog, Sheba. She speaks at conferences and local writing groups. You can visit her at www.rhondagibson.net where ...more
More about Rhonda Gibson...