Start by marking “This Wicked Magic (This Witchery #2)” as Want to Read:
This Wicked Magic (This Witchery #2)

This Wicked Magic (This Witchery #2)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  108 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
His destined mate

Certainly Jones has pushed it too far this time. Gnawing and clawing at his soul are the demons he unknowingly carried back from his quest into their land. Weak and exhausted, the dark witch gazes down the dim, cobbled street at his only hope - a lone vehicle with blazing headlights. Desperate, he makes a mad dash for the light, and the striking woman illu
Paperback, Harlequin Nocturne #153, 304 pages
Published February 5th 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about This Wicked Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Wicked Magic

Jody Vitek
Jan 23, 2013 Jody Vitek rated it it was amazing
One word – Hot! I picked this up and struggled to put it down. I read it in two days because This Wicked Magic is that wicked. Certainly Jones certainly had me captivated. He’s dark witch and is a bad boy in all the good ways but carries a heap of problems within—literally. Viktorie St. Charles or Vika (pronounced Vee-ka), is the mesmerizing good witch Certainly finds in an ally with her sister. Vika is a cleaner, one of the best, in the paranormal world. When she sneezes, releasing a soul, the ...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:

I love Michele Hauf! I love her stories, her worlds, her characters, the subtle and not-so-subtle differences that she brings to Paranormal Romance... it's fascinating and wonderful.

I've been drawn to the Jones's since they were introduced some time back. What's not to love? They're Dark witches and they have fascinating names. :) When Thoroughly's story (and part of Certainly's) was unveiled in This Glamorous Evil I was instantl
Kristen
Feb 10, 2013 Kristen rated it really liked it
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
THEME: Magic/Romance/Demons
RECEIVED: Author
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
After finishing Malakai I couldn’t wait to jump into Michele Haufs latest novel in her This Witchery series. Even though I hadn’t read the first book I didn’t feel lost at all and was able to connect to the world and the very colorful characters with ease.

This Wicked Magic follows Certainly Jones (CJ) who is a dark witch that has just come back from Daemonia. Sadly for him he didn’t c
Destiny
I picked up this book last month. I was looking to read more paranormal romance and this certainly *pardon that pun* fit the mood.

I liked the whole feel of the book. It felt Gothic but somehow it still felt modern if that makes any sense. I liked the whole deal with the magic and the tattoos.

The romance was really sweet and the sex was hot haha. It took me awhile to get used to Certainly's name and his brother is called Thoroughly. I mean the names for all the characters in this book were reall
Leila Anani
Miku
Apr 01, 2016 Miku rated it it was amazing
LOCE IT
Certainly Jones and Vika's love story was great. Love the actions. Love the plot.
The reason I had read this book was first because of the Cover

Just look at the cover and how dark and enticing it is not to mention the title. THIS WICKED MAGIC ! It speaks of witchcraft of magic. Fantasy and Paranormal stuff that I love reading.
Second,the synopsis at the back of the book got my interest and made me want to read it so bad. I know this is the second book of THE WITCHERY series but the first
Carolyn
Mar 23, 2013 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways-yes
This book is awesome. And I would anyone to read it. The storyline is completely different and I couldn't put it down. I desperately wanted to know what CJ secret was. I can pass on the steamy sideline of the story, that's really not my thing. But demons, vampires, souls, good verses evil wins me everytime.

Thank you to Goodread Giveaways, without you I would not have the pleasure of owning this book.
Anna
Jan 22, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
It's only fair to disclose that Michele and I are blogging friends, so you may do with that what you will. I don't usually review her books, other than to give a quick blurb, so here goes: Certainly and Vika rank right up there with Blu and Creed! Go forth and read, my friends!
Tracey
Sep 20, 2013 Tracey rated it it was amazing
4.5 of 5
Haven't read a Michele hauf in a while so this book was a wonderful treat. Likeable characters and a very intriguing story. Now to find the rest in the series.
Krissys
Nov 13, 2014 Krissys rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured-books, star
Something totally new from Hauf and I couldn't be happier! I really hope Michele touches back in this world of Magic because I can't get enough!!
Michele
May 25, 2013 Michele rated it it was amazing
Adrienne Clark
I really liked this book.
Katelin Deushane
May 07, 2014 Katelin Deushane rated it it was ok
I had such high hopes for this book since I've read other stories by this author and liked them and since the plot line seemed so unique and interesting--a guy with demons trapped in him, come on, that's cool--but the dialogue, characters, and, sadly, even the plot just did not work.
The dialogue was so cheesy and typical that I swear I could practically predict what they were going to say. Everything was told to you through the dialogue! What happened to the standard in writing of show don't tel
Cathy Beckett
Oct 23, 2013 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
I really liked this story. I was laughing throughout the story. What do you get when you have a "white" witch who is a clean freak and a "dark" witch who is a messy archivist with a demon infestation?
You have a match made in heaven.

Our dark witch/archivist is Certainly Jones. He is the archivist for all supernaturals other than the Fae. He helps keep track of all spells and grimoires compiled over the centuries. He has several demons that have attached to his soul and the only way to keep them a
Bibliophile Booklover
Sep 30, 2013 Bibliophile Booklover rated it it was amazing
love cj
colette jones
Dec 28, 2015 colette jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I truly enjoyed this book I'm ready for the next one now, about Libby and Reichardt soon hopefully thank goodness
Tasneem
Vika and CJ are so different and there in lies the attraction. She cleans and he's messed up in more ways than one. And yet, his darkness, his mess it needed to muss up her perfect little world that is in his words, sterile. I enjoyed their interactions, I loved the way the magic was done and I really enjoyed the plot, [although contrived] and the minor characters. Libby is sweet and her soul-bringer boyfriend utterly chilling and still perfect for her.
Priscilla
Dec 29, 2013 Priscilla rated it it was ok
I liked the story. I just thought that the characters personalities seemed almost juvenile at times. At times, it was quite interesting, at others I had to struggle through. Not quite what I was expecting, as other books I have read of this author's are excellent. Love the author, this book, not so much. Maybe I will check out the next in the series when it is available just to give it a fair shot.
Rebecca Yoder
Sep 04, 2015 Rebecca Yoder rated it did not like it
I picked up this book to check out the Nocturne category with Harlequin because of a novel competition I was entering. This category (or possibly this author) was not a good fit for me. Based on this book, I did not choose to write for the Nocturne category. Lol. I'm not a big fan of unrealistic relationships--and by unrealistic I don't mean because it includes paranormal elements.
Molly Panzer
Aug 06, 2013 Molly Panzer rated it it was ok
Not my genre, I read because a friend of mine wrote it and I can hear her voice in my head. Had it on ereader about three times and finally got it done. Loved the parts about Paris since we were just there a year ago.
Deirdre
Neat freak meets untidy demon ridden man and sparks fly.

Not bad but it didn't overwhelm
Fullfaun
Jan 13, 2015 Fullfaun rated it it was amazing
really good, love the twist at the end
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Olga
Olga marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Evelyn Chubeck
Evelyn Chubeck rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Taybat
Taybat is currently reading it
May 04, 2016
Yashaswi Kancherla
Yashaswi Kancherla rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
  • Soul Whisperer (The Tracker #3)
  • Keeper of the Shadows (The Keepers: L.A. #3)
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)
  • Taming the Demon (Demon Blade #1)
  • Nightwalker (Nightwalkers #3)
  • The Witch Thief (Unbound #6)
  • Keeper of the Dawn (The Keepers: L.A., #4)
  • Claimed by the Immortal (The Claiming #4)
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Darkest Desire of the Vampire: Wicked in Moonlight / Vampire Island
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
  • Wolf Whisperer (The Pack #11)
  • Releasing the Hunter
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Incubus
  • A Warrior's Desire (The Esri #3)
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over twenty years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cre
More about Michele Hauf...

This Witchery (4 books)