Start by marking “Living the Charade” as Want to Read:
Living the Charade

Living the Charade

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Miller Jacobs knows that professional success doesn't always come easy, and she's not afraid of hard work. But her flair for business can't help with her latest problem—finding a fake boyfriend for a weekend away with her boss!

Valentino Ventura, maverick of the racing world, is Miller's polar opposite. Yet helping buttoned-up Miller
Published January 22nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Living the Charade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living the Charade

Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
This is a fabulous story. 4.5 stars.
Michelle Conder's writing style is fast-paced and interesting. I'm always amazed at the reasons she finds to put two people together under the same roof. The characters are multi-dimensional and very real. Michelle understands human nature and human emotions.
And for all the Aussies out there this story is set here in Australia in both Melbourne and Sydney and a part of it in Phillip Island. It's great to read about places I know.
I recommend this book to all
Tawnya
It was wonderful getting to know Miller and Valentino. Not only together as a "fake" couple but also as individuals that ended up making the real couple. They were both so damaged from their individual pasts that it was almost like a story within the story on how they each worked through their insecurities.
Sara  HarlequinJunkie

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Living the Charade by Michelle Conder is a fabulous read about a headstrong heroine who takes no prisoners and an equally alpha hero.

Miller Jacobs is a strong and independent woman with ambitious career goals. She has worked hard and is on fast track to being made partner all she needs is to close the current deal at hand, while resisting the advances of her client which is easier said than done.

Miller decides to solve this problem by finding herself a fake boyfriend for a weeke
Jenny
Pretty awesome! Miller and Valentino had great hot chemistry and the book never got boring. Even though I tend to dislike bitchy heroines I absolutely relate to Miller. All her life she is doing the right thing, she is serious, ambitious and a control freak. She really challenges Valentino not because she is a shrew but because his lifestyle and laid-back attitude is so different from hers.

The hero has some daddy issues and doesn't do commitment which is his way of dealing with his pain and pro
Tracey
A hot steamy read!
Controlled, independent Miller needs a man, but only for a weekend. She needs a fake boyfriend to help her gain promotion and to avoid her clients unwanted attention. Eyes drawn to the sexy stranger wearing ripped jeans and a 'my pace or yours' t-shirt she knows exactly who to avoid. Valentino 'Tino' lives life in the fast lane and can't resist accepting the position. Lucky her, he's delish! Miller quickly discovers it's not his behaviour she has to worry about but hers.
Amanda Critchley
Liked the male lead, Tino was sexy, but the female lead was agro a lot of the time, and I choose a book to relax, not get wound up by a stroppy character. I do love a happy ending, but this one was so far fetched I ended up throwing the book down and having a large glass of wine. Seriously? Michelle Conder really pushed the limit of believability. Disappointing.
This is a good book; fast paced and interesting throughout. The characters are great together they help each other to discover their priorities may not be the most important. I especially liked that this book didn't seem to have some huge issue that gets skipped over, everything just feels right and settled in the end.
Toni Davids
I think I'm a serious Michelle Conder fan because I love anything she writes and this is no exception. We have heat, we have chemistry, we have enough steam to peel back the wallpaper and a hero and heroine who make a fantastic couple. Excellent!
Jennifer Drogell
I loved this book from start to finish. Great characters, fun story, awesome chemistry between hero and heroine. And I love Michelle Conder's voice.
Annie Burrows
I liked the fact that the heroine resisted the hero because of her own hang-ups, and the hero had to fight to overcome them all.
Kay Walker
Fantastic,brilliant book.Loved the story and loved the characters.
Harlequin Books
Category: Passion
Kimi
Kimi marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Summaiya
Summaiya marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
chasey
chasey marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
☆~Stephanie ~☆
☆~Stephanie ~☆ marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
  • No More Sweet Surrender
  • The Incorrigible Playboy
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • Captive in the Spotlight
  • Surrendering All But Her Heart
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • The Sinful Art of Revenge
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • Beneath the Veil of Paradise
  • At The Greek Boss's Bidding
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • A Rich Man's Whim (A Bride For A Billionaire #1)
  • Unnoticed and Untouched
  • At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)
After graduating from the University of Melbourne, Michelle Conder took a variety of jobs before packing her bags and traveling and working overseas. When none of the career opportunities she encountered grabbed her she returned to Australia and after more study decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming a writer.

Michelle now lives in Melbourne with her husband and three children and when s
More about Michelle Conder...
Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation His Last Chance at Redemption Socialite's Gamble (The Chatsfield, #3) Duty At What Cost? The Most Expensive Lie of All