Start by marking “Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)

Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  266 ratings  ·  46 reviews
If my card is higher, you’ll belong to me, obeying my every whim, for as long as I desire.”

As Bree Dalton hears the icy words of Russian Prince Vladimir Xendzov, the man whose ring she once wore and life she once ruined, she nervously accepts the biggest wager of her life. Her body for a million dollars.

Bree knows better than to doubt the steely ruthlessness of this man. W
Published January 22nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dealing Her Final Card, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dealing Her Final Card

Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: January 22, 2013
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy
Favorite Tropes: Holy Crap She’s A Virgin!, Con Artist, Revenge
Pet Peeves: Overly Self-Sacrificing Heroine, Contemporary: Virgin Heroine

I don’t think I’ve ever had the
Jenny
I am so in love with this book! The intense drama and tension between Bree and Vladimir radiates off the page. Their mutual attraction and lust was sizzling and electrifying. Their love affair was so heated and intense I was literally on the edge of my seat. Great love story, steamy lovemaking and the characters were well developed.

Not to mention that the more you learn about Vladimir the more empathy you have for him, can understand more of his need for control and how his ruthless character d
Suzie Quint
Emotionally, I liked this book and it would have earned 4 stars except for a couple of inaccuracies.

First the heroine is presented as being almost a poker savant. While poker is actually an easy game to learn, it's a hard game to master. Anyone who really knows the game will tell you that it doesn't matter if you're a championship player up against a bunch of rubes; the best player can lose any given hand. What makes them winners is that they will win over the course of the night. To walk in and
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Since the hero in this book, Vladimir shows up as a peripheral character in the last Jennie Lucas book I read, A Night of Living Dangerously, I decided to reach for this one. It also happens that the hero is Russian (and I swoon over Russian heroes). Talking about drama, wow!

Man, this book was sizzling. The whole scenario and the dialogue and action was crazy. I couldn't believe the bet that Bree makes. I completely understand why. I loved that she isn't the typical, sweet, butter wouldn't melt
Ange
Amazing..... best harlequin i have read recently so emotional just what accepted from Jennie Lucas and the end was awesome.
Cady Lorenzana
My first book for 2015 and I made the right choice. Hah! JL doesn't really disappoints.

Vladimir is a ruthless businessman and so was he with Bree. He bought her and bed her. Yet, you'd see how he would turned marshmallow to her! He would do something bad to anyone who'd hurt her. Even its just a prick of a needle! Love that scene on that dress shop though. And please include the scene about the wearing the fur coat. It would be the same for me because I really love dogs!

But what I love about thi
Summer
I have not been much into reading lately as nothing seems to hold my attention for very long. I have started several books only to leave them midway. But along comes this book which by no means the best I have ever read however it grabbed my attention from the very start.

Hero Vladimir Xendzov wins the Heroine Bree Dalton in a card game. Bree had joined the card game inorder to win back money that her sister had lost. I really admired her courage when Bree is playing the game. The rest of the st
Jane(Janelba)
Great book. Wonderful Hero and heroine in Vladimir and Breanna. Good ending and look forward to reading the next book about Vladimir's brother Kasimir and Breanna's sister Josie !
Mnix
Reformed confidence artist, Breanna “Bree” Dalton, is on a mission to protect her younger sister, Josie. She had no idea that when she ventured to that table she would be faced with her pasta past that destroyed her life at the time. Bree had never truly gotten over that night with Vladimir, but she persevered trying to be better than she once was.

Russian Prince Vladimir Xendzov, did not come out of their past relationship unscathed. He has changed since Bree’s last encounter with him, and not
Dalia
The first installment of the Princes Duet is an intense read with a fast paced plot with unexpected twists, an alpha H, a strong h, a love affair that went sour ten years ago, a fateful game of cards and brothers' feud.
Jennie Lucas doesn't shy away from having flawed characters. Bree is an ex con artist who turned her back on her old life and tried to make a better life for her and her baby sister, Josie. Vladimir is a ruthless and cold hero - even with his younger brother Kasimir - bu
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Reviewed at HarlequinJunkie.com

This book has everything that a Harlequin Presents reader wants: an alpha male, a heroine capable of standing up to him, exotic locales and, of course, plenty of heat! If you enjoy those element, you'll like this tale.

In Jennie Lucas' Dealing Her Final Card, a desperate Bree Daulton seeks to make good on her younger sister Josie's gambling debt. Haunted by their father's con-man past, a string of debts, and threats from years ago, Bree reencounters the savagely ha
Lady Jaye
When Jennie Lucas is at the top of her game, her stories are on fire! this one is no exception.

Loved it! Bree and Vladimir were interesting and multi-faceted, whuch made their story vibrant and not too angsty, as opposed to angsty but foolish.

And talk about ending with a bang! you can be rest assured I'll be looking out for Kasimir's story next month!
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Jennie Lucas delivers another winner! Now I just have to hunt for the next book which will features Kasimir and Josie.
Lilydaffodils
What a lovely story! loyalty versus desperation ..in the end love wins!
Danielle
Lindsey
This book started out with so much promise. Two people who haven't seen each other for a decade, who left on bad terms, are thrown back together in a high-stakes poker game in which the man - a Russian millionaire - wins (yes, wins!) the woman who broke his heart. It's the medieval ages brought into the 21st century, but because it's a romance, you know he isn't actually a bad guy, and you know the girl can take whatever she's given, because she's a kick-ass heroine who turns to poker to solve h ...more
Sugar
Review:

I knew I’d like this book if not for anything else then for the fact that the heroine wasn’t so straight laced and had led a life or “crime” by being a con artist, a successful one at that. This part of her past is also what comes to bite her at the butt when faced with her former lover, but it’s also the saving grace that helps her to sort out the mess her sister created. Well, in the end, her efforts go to waste because she falls into the clutches of someone she wants (read: doesn’t wan
Mariana Bezerra
Photobucket
This was a great story, but I had a hard time accepting Vladimir as a good guy, so I expected a few bad things to happen to him. At first when he let her win to save her sister, I thought he was a good guy with some wounded pride, but after I realized he jus wanted to own her and get a bit of revenge, but he’s so successful and ruthless with business that I thought he could at least hire a detective to investigate her life after he left her ten years ago.

During the story we discover
Ashley F
Review posted @ http://tsukibooks.blogspot.com

Bree knows better than to doubt the steely ruthlessness of this man. With everything to lose and the weight of Vladimir's gaze upon her, she will have to play the best she's ever played—or run the risk of losing herself completely….
I was really hesitant to start this book because I tend to have issues where women sell themselves for the sake of a payoff. I understand they are sometimes in horrible straits but suddenly they are totally cool with being
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Library of Lights
Date reviewed: 11 March 2013
Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=712

Dealing Her Final Card by Jennie Lucas is another one of those typical Harlequin romance that you’d probably pick up to read during one of those lazy Sunday afternoon. I usually enjoy Harlequin books, but to be honest, I did not really like this story despite the fact that I admire the heroine’s character. Nope, I have nothing against the heroine besides the fact that she’s way too overprotective
Joyfully Reviewed
Reformed confidence artist, Breanna “Bree” Dalton, is on a mission to protect her younger sister, Josie. She had no idea that when she ventured to that table she would be faced with her past—a past that destroyed her life at the time. Bree had never truly gotten over that night with Vladimir, but she persevered trying to be better than she once was.

Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Breena, an ex-con artist, met again with the man she once loved before; Russian Prince Vladimir Xendzov, at the gambling table where she have make a deal to either win the money that is on the table which will save her sister or to be a pleasure slave. As expected in a romance story, she lost her bet and thus, have to make do her promise and to be a slave at Vlad’s pleasure. But, no matter how much Vlad punished her in giving her difficult household task to do, she pe ...more
Baseballmom
Good read

It starts off moving quickly and kept me engaged. I thought the H and h were well suited for one another. As the H is exacting his revenge you see him softening towards the h as he realizes that many of his assumptions were wrong. The heroine is open, down to earth, and has made positive changes in her life and is unimpressed by his wealth. And of course, in order to get their HEA, they both have to take a leap of faith.
Beckey
Bree joins a poker game in hopes to win what her sister lost a mere couple of hour earlier when Josie was invited by the manager of the hotel that they are working at as housekeepers.

Bree is in for a surprise because someone from her past is there. Ten years earlier, Vladimir left Bree broken hearted.
Bree wins and pays back what her sister lost. But Bree is in for a surprise when Vladimir ups the ante for another round for just the two of them; one card draw highest winner wins

Luck and fate is
Sylvia
This was an okay Presents.

(view spoiler)

This b
Barbara
If you love Presents, this will not disappoint.

It was just awesome. The whole time I was reading it, I was thinking “this is why I love Presents.” Of course, if you don’t like plots of people being able to buy people, then this is not for you. (She loses the bet and becomes his for as long as he pleases).

The ending was so sweet and touching. The love between the two characters throughout just broke my heart and it was so nice to see them get their happily-ever-after.

I think there’s a continuat
April
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Ree
Enjoyed this book a lot. Two sisters, two brothers... The plot thickens lol. Ms. Lucas weaved a heartfelt story that stayed with me after I read it. Can't wait to read the next one!
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • The Ruthless Magnate's Virgin Mistress
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Not Fit for a King? (A Royal Scandal, #1)
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • A Scandal, a Secret, a Baby\Marriage Scandal, Showbiz Baby!
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)
  • The Most Coveted Prize
  • A Mistress for the Taking
Jennie Lucas had a tragic beginning for any would-be writer: a very happy childhood. Her parents owned a bookstore, and she grew up surrounded by books, dreaming about faraway lands. Her mother read aloud to her in French when she was little; when she was ten, her father secretly paid her a dollar for every classic novel (Jane Eyre, War and Peace) that she read. As a chubby teenager, Jennie covere ...more
More about Jennie Lucas...

Princes Untamed (2 books)
  • A Reputation For Revenge (Princes Untamed, #2)
Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895) To Love, Honor and Betray Virgin Mistress, Scandalous Love-Child (Harlequin Presents, #2831) The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction) The Greek Billionaire's Baby Revenge (Harlequin Presents, #2690)