Start by marking “Soldier Under Siege (The Hunted, #1)” as Want to Read:
Soldier Under Siege (The Hunted, #1)

Soldier Under Siege (The Hunted #1)

"You want this as badly as I do."

Eva Dolce would stop at nothing to save her son... even murdering Hector Cruz, the most fearsome man in San Marquez. But she couldn't do it alone. Enter special ops captain Robert Tate, a man who had seen too much. Ruthless and taciturn, Tate couldn't be more different from Eva. But they had one thing in common: revenge.

Tate had seen his br
Paperback, Harlequin Romantic Suspense #1741, 288 pages
Published January 22nd 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Soldier Under Siege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soldier Under Siege

Auntee
Oct 08, 2012 Auntee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of hot romantic suspense; Cindy Gerard fans
Wow. There was a lot going on in this smart, hot little RS. All of Elle Kennedy's romantic suspense stories are page turners--she has a style very reminiscent of one of my favorite RS authors, Cindy Gerard, and that's a real good thing! I don't know how to describe it except to say that everything seems very authentic. The plot, the settings, the characters, the dialogue, the love scenes...everything just works for me and is very believable. When I pick up one of EK's books I know I won't be bor ...more
Susan
Good book. Eva has gone looking for Tate, needing his help to find and kill Hector Cruz. She knows that he is also looking for Cruz who killed his brother. He doesn't trust her, fearing a trap, but is willing to take a chance. Parts of her story ring true but he feels that she is hiding something.

I liked both Eva and Tate. She is tired of running from Hector and knows the only way he'll stop is if he is dead. What she learns about Tate convinces her that he is the only one who can help her. When
Hbeebti
Jun 12, 2013 Hbeebti rated it really liked it
3.5
Dísir

Eva is a desperate woman on the run from her ex-lover, and Robert Tate is the man she zeroes in on to help her do that dirty deed. It shouldn't take much convincing, seeing as Tate already wants Hector dead. The only tiny (and supposedly), non-relevant detail she chooses to omit is that Hector is in fact, the father of her child and Eva, like any single-minded idiot (which is even more ironic since Ms Kennedy makes her out to be quite a smart woman), pushes that fact away until it blows up in he
Darcy
Oct 09, 2012 Darcy rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2013
This one was just ok for me. I had some issue with the couple, at times both did stupid things, like stopping to have sex when being chased through the jungle by the bad guys. Also neither one trusted the other, Eva was even lying to Tate, yet it was ok to have sex, even after they talked about whether you could have sex with a person you couldn't/didn't trust. I also couldn't believe that Eva asked Tate to ask her to stay after she realized that he almost didn't take her along at the end. Why w ...more
Amanda Sheila
I loved it!

I actually own this book for pretty much a while yet I didn't really feel like reading it especially because I still can't get over The Midnight Revenge series. But when I start reading this book.. BAM!
I loved it. Just like that.
I love how Eva's so strong and even though there were moments where I can't help but wanting to smack Eva in the face for being so.. Flat, but overall I enjoyed this book so much!

I can't wait to read the next installment of this series!
Ashley Nelson
High 4 stars for Eva and Tate. Probably the best-written Harlequin I've read to date. I could tell where some parts/language was sanitized or toned down a bit for the imprint, but definitely on par with other top romantic suspense that I've read. Works as a stand alone with some plot resolved, but also begins a 3 part series, where one plot arc carries through to the next books. Thank you Elle Kennedy for writing strong heroines!
Tana
May 31, 2014 Tana rated it really liked it
I really liked it. There were a few times in this book where I thought......would that really actually happen. but that's not what a book is about.

This book is about a man and a woman who have to learn to trust each other weather they want to or not, they have a common goal. Kill Cruz. Along the way the emotional pot gets stirred and they find that trust isn't hard to find when your open your heart unexpectedly.
LaFleurBleue
Nothing extraordinary in this story, but nothing bad either.
The plot was rather good and enticing, the characters a bit schematic but touching, the steam hot but not taking the best share of the story or relationship.
A nice and pleasant story.
Though it can be read independantly from the following instalments, part of the investigation remained unsolved at the end, which might be frustrating for some readers.
Sara Lepsch
Jun 22, 2016 Sara Lepsch rated it it was amazing
Elle's books are usually sell out to be just about sex, plain and simple. But there's so much more to them, really.
This was the forth book I've read by her and I'm amazed. Everything was on point. It's sad to think that I'm won't be reading the next book anytime soon (lack of time). But now Elle is an author that I look forward to read again
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Christie Quintana
Christie Quintana rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Lavinia
Lavinia rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2013
Gm
Gm rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Tonet
Tonet rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Maria Salve
Maria Salve rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Tammie
Tammie rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Bridget
Bridget rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
Veriittooo
Veriittooo rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Vale7485
Vale7485 rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2015
klau tks
klau tks rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
Mitsy Shreve
Mitsy Shreve rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Enija
Enija rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Jennie
Jennie rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Tempted into Danger (ICE: Black Ops Defenders #1)
  • Beyond Valor
  • Tempted by His Target
  • Alpha One (Shadow Agents, #1)
  • Sworn to Protect (Sugarland Blue, #1)
  • Deep Disclosure (A-Tac, #4)
  • Soldier's Last Stand (H.O.T. Watch #6)
  • The Seven-Day Target
  • Deadly Strain (Biological Response Team, #1)
  • A SEAL at Heart (West Coast Navy SEALs, #1)
  • Red Heat (Men In Uniform, #1)
  • The Marine Next Door (The Precinct: Task Force #1; The Precinct #17)
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1)
  • Risking Trust (Private Protectors, #1)
  • The Marshal's Hostage (The Marshals of Maverick County, #1)
  • Protecting His Princess
1935000
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just
More about Elle Kennedy...

The Hunted (3 books)
  • Special Forces Rendezvous (The Hunted, #2)
  • Special Ops Exclusive (The Hunted, #3)