Start by marking “Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)” as Want to Read:
Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)

Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  171 ratings  ·  47 reviews
The cat's answer to Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe, Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed is a hilarious collection of full-color photos and letters of excuses and suggestions from cats to the people who love them—no matter what bad thing they’ve done!Inside Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed, writer and comedian Jeremy Greenberg presents a collection of laugh-out-loud letters and photographs t ...more
Paperback, 1, 64 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed

Bonnie
Oh, cat books. As hard as I try and stay away from your infinite silliness, it's forever a losing battle. Like air boxing.

But their cuteness cannot be denied. Admit it. Cats can be crazy cute.

But... of course they have their moments. Moments where one can only stare in horror and wonder what monster you brought home to live with you.

They're basically just a furry paper weight that lacks any true purpose.

But what would do you think your cat would say to you if it could speak? Or if it could even
Lisa B.
Ok - yes - I wanted to read this book because of the title and the cover. I thought this would be a book that I would look at once and that would be that.

As it turns out, I’ve looked at this little gem of a book several times already - mostly when I need a good laugh. The author is spot on about cat behavior. The pictures go along perfectly with each little tale. This book is a keeper. Have a friend who is also a cat lover and could use a chuckle - consider giving this as a gift. You won’t go wr
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
ARC provided by Andrews McMeel Publishing
Stephanie
ORIGINAL POST: ROMANCING THE CAT
Purchased

If I didn’t know the majority of you are pet lovers , and often cat lovers in particular, I would still have to tell you about this amusing new book. My husband and I picked it up as a hostess gift while we were in California in the fall. I nodded and laughed out loud often while reading this one; especially when I would come across a universal cat truth, the kind of thing a cat person will recognize as perfectly ap
Claire Gamblin
Feb 10, 2013 Claire Gamblin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cat lovers. People who tolerate cats. Just...people in general.
Review originally posted on Book To Book Reviews

Aw, it's over already... I want more.

Review;
At this moment in time I'm supposed to be reading other books to review, at least that was the plan, but then I downloaded this title and couldn't stop myself from reading! The smile never left my face whilst I read this little book.

As the co-owner of four cats, you could call me a cat lover, or even a crazy cat lady, and so when I saw this book on Goodreads I just had to check it out and I am so glad th
Mayda
This book would deserve 5 stars for the photos alone, but the letters from the kitties just add to the hilarity. You’ll see the world through a cat’s eye view, and be privy to just how your cat’s mind works. You’ll get advice on relationships, sleeping, and eating – things that are of great importance to a cat. This book will bring a smile to your face, even if you are of the canine persuasion.
Lee Ann
This was a really funny and cute book. As the owner of a few pesty cats myself, I could appreciate the humor. The photography was great too! The cats in this book are all adorable. If you're looking for a very quick, fun read, and you know the toils of being a crazy cat person, you'd probably enjoy this book. Glad I picked it up.
Niklas Pivic
Apr 04, 2013 Niklas Pivic rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: cats, humor, pictures
This book contains a lot for the cat lover in us all. For every cat picture, there's a page with words to complement it, written by the cat to a human being. I think a lot of people would find this to be a cute book with some really laughable (in the best sense of the word) and memorable pictures and words.
Christine
Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is not my usual type of book, but much to my own surprise, I've developed quite a soft spot for kitties, so when I saw this one available for review on NetGalley, I just had to check it out.

I'm a recent convert to the world of cat-lovers and as a member of that particular "club," I found this little book quite amusing. It would be a perfect gift for the (crazy?) cat person in yo
A Book Vacation
To see my full review:

This is for us cat lovers out there. I wouldn’t say I’m a “cat lady,” but I do enjoy the companionship I have with my two felines, and their awkward sleeping habits, as well as strange actions in general make me giggle on many an occasion. I actually picked this one up on Netgalley because, not too long ago, my Bella did barf on my bed—while I was in it, no less. I woke up to it, right below my chin, on my brand new comforter. Best. Present. Ever.

This
Mary Chrapliwy
Is it any wonder this was written by a comedian? Cat lover that I am, I sat down with this book and laughed out loud. The photography is fabulous and catches cats in all kinds of poses to go with words you may think your cat would say if only they could speak. Sure, what they're really thinking about is that leaf, bug, or bird skittering across the deck outside the window; or they're thinking about food or napping in that tiny scrap of sun coming through the blinds. However, cat lovers tend to t ...more
Alisha-Dear Constant Reader
Silly and sweet, Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed satisfies the need to laugh at the wee beasties we live with.

photo tumblr_lurgv2GVrD1qj05iuo1_500_zpsf9b5926f.gif

This is a feel-good book that would be great on a phone, so you can flip through it while standing in line at Walmart. Ah! A natural stress remedy.

I, for one, am looking forward to my letter from my cat, Bluebell, who has a tendency to treat my fingers like hot dogs, or at least small cocktail wieners.
Roz ~ My Written Romance
I usually review romance novels, but while on NetGalley, I thought I'd check out some other types of titles. I'm glad I did, because I found this.

This was both funny and sweet. I could just about imagine the kitties plotting out the letters and writing them. Every cat I've known just looks like it's plotting anyway.

The photos matched the letters perfectly. My personal favourite was the trio of Blixa, Tiramisu and Zabaglione. However, they were all lovely.

If you know a cat lover, if you love cats
Dixie
Jeremy Greenberg clearly knows cats. Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed is a collection of very short letters from cats to their owners. Each story is accompanied by a super cute kitty photo that sets the scene for the letter. I'm a sucker for black cats so I think "Dear Bewitched Bed Warmer" was probably my favorite. If you have ever been owned by a cat, most of these stories will sound familiar. Who doesn't love a cat in a fresh laundry basket or a cat in a shiny new box?

If you love cats, you will lo
Paula
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley.

I loved this book! I found it quite funny and laughed on almost every single page. The pictures are realistic and captured the kitties and their personalities so well. The author did a fantastic job on his letters and made them so personal, but yet so darn true, up to date and hilarious. It's also a quick uplifting read and I would find it hard to believe if someone could read this book without laughing once. A great read and/ or gift for a cat l
Trish at Between My Lines
Are you a cat lover? Are you looking for a pressie for a cat lover? If you answered yes to either of these, then I recommend you check this book out.

A short book of letters from cats to their 'owners' accompanied with cute photos. This book will make you laugh and want go find your own cat for a cuddle. Adorable cute and captures the quirky, contrary nature of cats perfectly.

And it will also have you writing a letter from your own cat to you. Or maybe that's just me!
Robin
Jul 24, 2014 Robin rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cat lovers
Sometimes, you just need a short, fun read to make you smile.
That's what this book promised, and it delivered.

The layout of the book is a cute cat photo along with a brief bio and a heartfelt letter from the cat on a variety of subjects. It's a short read but long on smiles.

Jillian and Didjeradoo were my favorites. Who were yours?
Donna
A very helpful and funny guide that will show humans a little of what your cats are up to. Cute pictures and plenty of smiles. A short book, but worth reading with your cat.
Gus
If you've ever owned a cat, or multiple cats, you will likely find this little coffee table book to be laugh-out-loud funny. (Or smile worthy at the least). The photography included provides an emotional link to each "letter writer" only a cat lover could understand. A good read if you need a chuckle.
Amanda
I received a copy of this book through Netgalley.

This was a really cute book. It would be the perfect book for a cat lover who is having a bad day. The pictures were adorable and the corresponding letters from the cats were really funny. Great gift idea!
Erin
So cute....and such an easy read. My kitties have needed to apologize for barfing on my bed more times than I'd like to admit. Ahh the perils of having pets. It's worth every ounce of the inconvenience. hey my bed is washable.
Mike
If you are feeling down and need a little pick me up, this is the one to make you smirk, smile and then laugh out loud. :D
Rosalie
Amusing and true little captions. The pictures were very cute.
Katherine
Who doesn't love a funny cat book?
Markie
A fun, light read!!!
Kim
May 30, 2014 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: cats, humor
A coworker put this highly amusing little book on my desk. Not being a cat owner, I am (fortunately) not a victim of many of the shenanigans that cats put their people through. However, I can appreciate said shenanigans anyway, especially when narrated by the cats themselves. Very cute.
Jessica at Book Sake
ARC reviewed by Jessica for Book Sake.

I needed a quick pick-me-up and that is what I found in this book. As a first-time cat owner I still find the things my cat does amusing. Clearly the author feels the same and is able to put himself in the cats place and say what they must be thinking in awkward times. The book is pretty straight forward, letters from cats accompanied with pictures of cats in compromising situations.

The pictures are all amateur, but that shows you that these aren’t trained H
Monica
This is a cute and relatively humorous collection of cat photos with letters written from the cats' perspectives.

Overall, a fun read.
Heydi Smith
Ever wonder what cats are thinking? Find out in this book. It's quite short and left me wanting more but was fun to get inside a kitty's mind for a while.
Jenn
Cute

cute pictures quick read loved all of the different types of cats and all of their funny and crazy stories
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • I Knead My Mommy: And Other Poems by Kittens
  • The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat
  • Guys Can Be Cat Ladies Too
  • Cats' Letters to Santa
  • The Devious Book for Cats: A Parody
  • Christmas Is Good!: Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom
  • The Tease (Darling Killer Trilogy, #1)
  • Tempt Me
  • How to Take Over Teh Wurld: A LOLcat Guide 2 Winning
  • Henri, le Chat Noir: The Existential Musings of an Angst-Filled Cat
  • Poetry for Cats: The Definitive Anthology of Distinguished Feline Verse
  • Dog Shaming
  • Maddie on Things: A Super Serious Project About Dogs and Physics
  • Stuff On My Cat: The Book
  • I'm Not the Biggest Bitch in This Relationship: Hilarious, Heartwarming Tales About Man's Best Friend from America's Favorite Humorists
  • Lil BUB's Lil Book: The Extraordinary Life of the Most Amazing Cat on the Planet
  • Cats In May
  • Plant a Pocket of Prairie
Jeremy Greenberg is a writer and comic born in New York, raised in the Bay Area, and currently making his home in Seattle. He is the author of the forthcoming book, Relative Discomfort: The Family Survival Guide (Andrews McMeel). Jeremy has been a contributor to The Complete Idiots Guide to Jokes (Alpha/Penguin), a contributing joke writer for Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen, a freelancer for MS ...more
More about Jeremy Greenberg...
Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Doggie) Sorry I Peed on You (and Other Heartwarming Letters to Mommy) Kitty Hearts Doggy Relative Discomfort: The Family Survival Guide Manwords: Real Words for Real Men