Start by marking “Dear Mr. Alien,...” as Want to Read:
Dear Mr. Alien,...

Dear Mr. Alien,...

Greek eight-year old, Paul, decides to start a
correspondence through letters with an alien.

Rumor has it that aliens will destroy the world
by the end of 2012 and Paul has taken on the task
to convince the aliens not to attack the earth, by
describing all that he knows about our planet.

In these twelve letters, a door is opened for the
readers young enough at heart to understand
Published August 5th 2012 by Createspace (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Mr. Alien,..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Mr. Alien,...

Rachel
Sep 29, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
That may be the quickest thing I have ever read. I really enjoyed this book! I'll link my video review once it is all edited and uploaded!

Here's the review! Watch in HD! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=...
Sheri
Nov 22, 2014 Sheri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear Mr. Alien by Yannis Karatsioris

Eight year old Pavlos starts to write letters to an alien. It is rumored that aliens will attack the world and destroy it by the end of 2012. So Pavlos decides to tell of all the good things in the world, and why they should not attack and destroy the world.

A well written story told in the form of letters. Young Pavlos is very likable, innocent yet wise. He tells of many different things, the earth, religion, school, rules, just to name a few.

Told through thi
kelson
Jun 28, 2013 kelson rated it really liked it
The book is very imaginative with a good sense of humour. I also liked the teacher, encouraging his pupil's imagination. The plot is relatively simple, although sometimes one can read (more) important messages 'between the lines' in what Paul says or does.
Ramona Boldizsar
Aug 15, 2013 Ramona Boldizsar rated it liked it
I do not usually read novels from a child's perspective, but I have read some time ago Schmitt's story about Oscar and liked it a lot. After that, I becqme a little more open-minded regarding this type of literature. Yes, I am not a passionate reader of this gender and i do not make a custom out of it (I shall not read many stories of the kind because I shall, most probably, get easily bored or unsatisfied).
Howsoever, I gladly accepted the author's invitation to read and review his little novel
Ivan Amberlake
Sep 09, 2012 Ivan Amberlake rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book! First I'd love to say thank you to Mr. Karatsioris for sending a paperback copy of "Dear Mr. Alien,..." to me! It's a lovely, refreshing read with a lot of humor in it. I could totally relate Paul to the kid I used to be at his age. The questions he asks of the Alien, the advice he gives, the stories he has to tell to the Alien - each letter depicts Paul's view of the world, which I really appreciated.

This book was also a surprise to me in terms of its genre. Before "Dear Mr.
Lavinia
Aug 23, 2013 Lavinia rated it it was ok
Shelves: kiddies, fiction, in-en, 2013
Children writing letters is one of the funniest things in the whole world. 8 year old Paul writes to Mr. Alien, who is supposed to take over the world once the Earth as we know it will be destroyed (remember 2012). It starts as a survival kit for Mr. Alien, with sound advice on what to bring with him, what to look out for and info about what's going on on Earth, but by the end the letters become more personal, Paul opens up about serious matters, like, you know, love.

I wish there were more lette
Scottie
Oct 15, 2012 Scottie rated it it was amazing
That was a very quick and easy read. The author conveyed the humour hidden in a child's thoughts well. I laughed a lot with some of the opinions little Paul expressed, not so much with others, but that was the intention of the author I think.

The story of this short novel is that a boy tries to persuade the aliens not to assault the Earth, and tries to do that by describing how great things are around here. Paul mentions in a very discreet way the on-going crisis/recession in Europe which makes
Mackenzie
Sep 11, 2012 Mackenzie rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. It was really short I read it in 20 minutes, so it does not take that long to read at all. Paul is writing to "Mr. Alien" and telling him how the world works and trying to see it from his eyes. Paul is 8. He has some very funny views of the world, which I really enjoyed. I babysit a lot of kids and let me tell you, I think the author hit the right spot on how kids really think the world is. Just the random questions and what they think is how it is. I loved how it made me ...more
kimyunalesca
Aug 29, 2012 kimyunalesca rated it liked it
funny and adorable!
I wish Paul wrote more letters.Since he's a kid I saw some typos here and there which I find very cute and charming.My favorite story/letter of his is when his teacher Mr. Nick asked them to write about three important things his final answer made me laugh that kid sure is something! lots of potential.I hope he'll continue to jut down his adventures,school life,all the things he wants to learn and share to others,just basically all the things he could possibly think
Liliana Ianculescu
Sep 08, 2013 Liliana Ianculescu rated it liked it
I read it in less than an hour, on an early autumn morning. As far as I've come to understand, the book is inspired by Eric Emmanuel Schmitt's „Oscar la dame rose”, but it's more a books about a child and what he learns from the world around him about the world around him.
It is interesting, perhaps with nice and funny illustrations the book will appeal to parents and children not only from Greece, but from around the world.
Georgiann Hennelly
Jan 16, 2015 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
Pavlos is an eight year old Greek Child.He starts writing letters yo an Alien. Since it is rumored that by the end of 2012 Aliens will attack our world and destroy it. Pavlo decides to write to them and tell them about all the good things in our world like, the Earth, School, Religion and Rules. The story is told through a Young Boy's voice there is some laugh out loud moments and some Heart felt theories also. A book perfect for young ,YA, and older readers.
Ivana
Apr 20, 2013 Ivana rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama
It's a very sweet and a refreshing book, to once more get the chance to see the world thorough the innocent but yet so smart and curious eyes of an eight year old boy ... Truly a very interesting idea ...
Angela
Jul 30, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and funny! Insightful too. Recommended to people with humor in the age range from 15 to 30.
Shannon
Aug 28, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it
Full Review Posted on my blog!
Tanosh Kharas
Oct 22, 2012 Tanosh Kharas rated it it was amazing
I laughed out loud for the most part of the book. Good idea, gutsy too.
Nick
Aug 23, 2013 Nick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids_n_up
Well, as a Librarian who reads children's stories and interacts with 8 year olds all the time, and coming from an entrepreneurial author such as Mr. Karatsioris, I wanted to like this short, "Oscar et la dame rose" -- influenced book. And it started out well enough, with an imaginative and questing child going right to the source of the coming end-of-world event, the aliens themselves. Over the rest of text however, other than a few chuckling jokes, passing references, and 'almost-funnies,' it f ...more
Dreams
Oct 02, 2012 Dreams rated it liked it

I was contacted by the author of "Dear Mr. Alien" and asked to read his short novel and given an honest review on it.

It would be fair to say that "Dear Mr. Alien" is not in my usual reading genre, however, I consider myself to be an equal opportunist reader and anytime an author contacts me to read and review a book for them I consider it a very high honor.

"Dear Mr. Alien" features an eight year old boy named "Paul" and it starts in the year of 2011. Throughout the following months to 2
Shohaz
Apr 02, 2013 Shohaz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-best, books-i-have
The Book "" Dear Mr. Alien,... by Yannis Karatsiori is very nice and interesting .This is a very Science Fiction written for children but is also good for young.The book contain letters and every letter is nice,interesting and full of useful information about what is going to our earth.The story start with an eight year old boy name Paul their teacher have said that in 2012 Aliens will destroy the world if they write letter to aliens and tell about the earth so that they will not destroy the wor ...more
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2013
Chris Larson
Chris Larson rated it did not like it
Mar 30, 2016
Yannis Karatsioris
Oct 02, 2012 Yannis Karatsioris rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Yro
Yro rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2014
Humaira Zia
Humaira Zia rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2013
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Paddy O'callaghan
Paddy O'callaghan rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2012
Zaid
Zaid rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2016
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2013
Yannis Karatsioris
Aug 12, 2012 Yannis Karatsioris rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: authored
Tatsiana
Tatsiana rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2013
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Spoilers in a review 9 214 Aug 24, 2013 11:59PM
Dear Mr. Alien,... by Yannis Karatsiori 1 4 Jun 10, 2013 11:02AM
  • Life Was Cool Until You Got Popular
  • The Phlunk
  • Penance
  • The Seven "profound & insane" Books
  • The Machine Who Was Also a Boy (Pandora's Paradoxes 1)
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Skull of Kohada Koheiji & Other Stories
  • Chain of Souls (Salem VI #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Passing Judgement, Short Stories about Serving Justice
  • The Mystic Travelogues
  • The Light
  • The Tears of Orion (Opening Moves, #1)
  • Monsters, Miracles & Mayonnaise
  • Don't Lick the Minivan: And Other Things I Never Thought I'd Say to My Kids
  • Prelude (Creatura, #0.5)
  • Brave: The Junior Novelization