Dear Mr. Alien,...

Dear Mr. Alien,...

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Greek eight-year old, Paul, decides to start a
correspondence through letters with an alien.

Rumor has it that aliens will destroy the world
by the end of 2012 and Paul has taken on the task
to convince the aliens not to attack the earth, by
describing all that he knows about our planet.

In these twelve letters, a door is opened for the
readers young enough at heart to understand...more
Published August 5th 2012 by Createspace (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Mr. Alien,..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Mr. Alien,...

Rachel
That may be the quickest thing I have ever read. I really enjoyed this book! I'll link my video review once it is all edited and uploaded!

Here's the review! Watch in HD! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=...
kelson
The book is very imaginative with a good sense of humour. I also liked the teacher, encouraging his pupil's imagination. The plot is relatively simple, although sometimes one can read (more) important messages 'between the lines' in what Paul says or does.
Ivan Amberlake
I loved this book! First I'd love to say thank you to Mr. Karatsioris for sending a paperback copy of "Dear Mr. Alien,..." to me! It's a lovely, refreshing read with a lot of humor in it. I could totally relate Paul to the kid I used to be at his age. The questions he asks of the Alien, the advice he gives, the stories he has to tell to the Alien - each letter depicts Paul's view of the world, which I really appreciated.

This book was also a surprise to me in terms of its genre. Before "Dear Mr....more
Lavinia
Children writing letters is one of the funniest things in the whole world. 8 year old Paul writes to Mr. Alien, who is supposed to take over the world once the Earth as we know it will be destroyed (remember 2012). It starts as a survival kit for Mr. Alien, with sound advice on what to bring with him, what to look out for and info about what's going on on Earth, but by the end the letters become more personal, Paul opens up about serious matters, like, you know, love.

I wish there were more lette...more
Scottie
That was a very quick and easy read. The author conveyed the humour hidden in a child's thoughts well. I laughed a lot with some of the opinions little Paul expressed, not so much with others, but that was the intention of the author I think.

The story of this short novel is that a boy tries to persuade the aliens not to assault the Earth, and tries to do that by describing how great things are around here. Paul mentions in a very discreet way the on-going crisis/recession in Europe which makes...more
Mackenzie
I really enjoyed this. It was really short I read it in 20 minutes, so it does not take that long to read at all. Paul is writing to "Mr. Alien" and telling him how the world works and trying to see it from his eyes. Paul is 8. He has some very funny views of the world, which I really enjoyed. I babysit a lot of kids and let me tell you, I think the author hit the right spot on how kids really think the world is. Just the random questions and what they think is how it is. I loved how it made me...more
Ivana
It's a very sweet and a refreshing book, to once more get the chance to see the world thorough the innocent but yet so smart and curious eyes of an eight year old boy ... Truly a very interesting idea ...
Angela
Short and funny! Insightful too. Recommended to people with humor in the age range from 15 to 30.
Tanosh Kharas
I laughed out loud for the most part of the book. Good idea, gutsy too.
Yuni
Writing to santa is insane, but alien? hmm maybe worse?
Ramona Tudor
I do not usually read novels from a child's perspective, but I have read some time ago Schmitt's story about Oscar and liked it a lot. After that, I becqme a little more open-minded regarding this type of literature. Yes, I am not a passionate reader of this gender and i do not make a custom out of it (I shall not read many stories of the kind because I shall, most probably, get easily bored or unsatisfied).
Howsoever, I gladly accepted the author's invitation to read and review his little novel...more
Nick
Well, as a Librarian who reads children's stories and interacts with 8 year olds all the time, and coming from an entrepreneurial author such as Mr. Karatsioris, I wanted to like this short, "Oscar et la dame rose" -- influenced book. And it started out well enough, with an imaginative and questing child going right to the source of the coming end-of-world event, the aliens themselves. Over the rest of text however, other than a few chuckling jokes, passing references, and 'almost-funnies,' it f...more
Dreams

I was contacted by the author of "Dear Mr. Alien" and asked to read his short novel and given an honest review on it.

It would be fair to say that "Dear Mr. Alien" is not in my usual reading genre, however, I consider myself to be an equal opportunist reader and anytime an author contacts me to read and review a book for them I consider it a very high honor.

"Dear Mr. Alien" features an eight year old boy named "Paul" and it starts in the year of 2011. Throughout the following months to 2...more
Shohaz
The Book "" Dear Mr. Alien,... by Yannis Karatsiori is very nice and interesting .This is a very Science Fiction written for children but is also good for young.The book contain letters and every letter is nice,interesting and full of useful information about what is going to our earth.The story start with an eight year old boy name Paul their teacher have said that in 2012 Aliens will destroy the world if they write letter to aliens and tell about the earth so that they will not destroy the wor...more
kimyunalesca
funny and adorable!
I wish Paul wrote more letters.Since he's a kid I saw some typos here and there which I find very cute and charming.My favorite story/letter of his is when his teacher Mr. Nick asked them to write about three important things his final answer made me laugh that kid sure is something! lots of potential.I hope he'll continue to jut down his adventures,school life,all the things he wants to learn and share to others,just basically all the things he could possibly think...more
Liliana Ianculescu
I read it in less than an hour, on an early autumn morning. As far as I've come to understand, the book is inspired by Eric Emmanuel Schmitt's „Oscar la dame rose”, but it's more a books about a child and what he learns from the world around him about the world around him.
It is interesting, perhaps with nice and funny illustrations the book will appeal to parents and children not only from Greece, but from around the world.
Kisses
Kisses marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Sara
Sara added it
Aug 04, 2014
Magda Narima
Magda Narima marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Ria
Ria marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
F.
F. marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Wanshan
Wanshan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Yara
Yara marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Spoilers in a review 9 200 Aug 24, 2013 11:59PM
Dear Mr. Alien,... by Yannis Karatsiori 1 4 Jun 10, 2013 11:02AM
  • Life Was Cool Until You Got Popular
  • A Guitar with Too Many Strings
  • Penance: A Chicago Thriller
  • The Phlunk
  • World on a String
  • Chain of Souls (Salem VI #2)
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Skull of Kohada Koheiji and Other Stories
  • The Tears of Orion (Opening Moves, #1)
  • Glimpse (The Dean Curse Chronicles, #1)
  • Don't Lick the Minivan: And Other Things I Never Thought I'd Say to My Kids
  • Namaste Stories
  • Outview (Inner Movement, #1)
  • I Wished For You
  • Shadows of Perception
  • The Light
  • Near + Far
  • Our Hearts Entwined (Entwined, #1)
  • Under Her Spell
The Book of the Forsaken (The Game, #1) The Ringmaster's Gambit (The Game, #2) The Abyss Wars: The One Council (The Chronicles of Arnath, #1) The Abyss Wars: The Battle of the Gods (The Chronicles of Arnath, #2) Allegories