Start by marking “Pleasures of the High Rhine - A Texas Singer in Exile” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Pleasures of the High ...

Richard J. Dobson

Pleasures of the High Rhine - A Texas Singer in Exile

Memoir about inter-cultural love and making a new life in old Europe next to a storied river; adventures on the road with a band of German rockers; the trials of acquiring a Swiss fishing license; trout and grayling fishing; and growing your own unmolested. It is an expatriate's view and reflections on the coming of the new millennium, as well as 9/11 and its aftermath.
Paperback, First, 237 pages
Published 2012 by Richard J. Dobson

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasures of the High Rhine - A Texas Singer in Exile

Toni
Aug 25, 2012 Toni rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it. It made me want to visit Switzerland again. The author lives in the same area we stayed back in 2005. He did a nice job of describing being in his late 50's and working as a country/folk Texas born musician telling the story of the first five years of settling in as a immigrant. I can very much relate to his story being an American of the same age living in Canada for the past year and half, with my husband who whose business revolves around that same music scene. I liked ...more
Curtis Nugent
Jun 04, 2016 Curtis Nugent rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I read this book because I, too, am a Texan living in Europe. I thought this would be interesting to read while here. The book was a little disappointing to me. It seemed to be a collection of Dobson's blog posts. A little too much politics for my taste. Overall, not bad, but nothing earth shaking here.
Russell Laird
Sep 11, 2014 Russell Laird rated it it was amazing
Excellent read about a stretch of the life and times of a talented and interesting songwriter and performer.
Cardinal Casey
Cardinal Casey marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Bill Lydon
Bill Lydon marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Tina Dodaro
Tina Dodaro is currently reading it
Mar 17, 2014
Utah Fitz
Utah Fitz marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Biff D
Biff D marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016