Start by marking “Elements of the Undead Omnibus (Books 1-3)” as Want to Read:
Elements of the Undead Omnibus (Books 1-3)

Elements of the Undead Omnibus (Elements of The Undead #1-3 )

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  147 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
ebook, Kobo Edition
Published (first published August 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Elements of the Undead Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elements of the Undead Omnibus

Grammar*Kitten
I was lucky enough to win an e-copy of Elements of the Undead – Omnibus in a Librarything Giveaway.

I am exceptionally glad I did. For quite some time I have wanted to read this novel, and have been unsuccessful in winning a copy through several different outlets. I crossed my fingers and hoped for this one last try before having to purchase it and it paid off. It is, quite simply, one of my favourite zombie novels ever.

That said, now I have read the novel, I would gladly pay full price for it,
Shannon
Jan 17, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admit it, I was skeptical. Then again, I thought that Twilight was fun, despite being badly written. Lots of things are entertaining without actually being good. So, I thought I’d give Esmont’s Elements of the Undead a shot. At least, it would be a diversion from daily life.

I underestimated it.

In all really satisfying science fiction or fantasy stories, paranormal archetypes (in this case, zombies) are symbols for bits or themes of culture or humanity about which we do not know how to discuss.
Shay Hardman
Jan 14, 2013 Shay Hardman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, kindle
Elements of the Undead Omnibus is quite a captivating story filled with blood, gore, death, sacrifice, and Zombies, Zombies, and more Zombies that will stop at nothing until they've infected anyone and everyone that comes across their path.

This book takes you on a journey through the lives of those who have survived the beginning of the zombie apocalypse and how the endure through the trials of living in a world where they are no longer on top of the food chain, and how they fight to ensure tha
Melissa Lynne
Abbie
Dec 18, 2013 Abbie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF

Got to 60% and couldn't take any more.

It started off great. The zombies were described really well, and i liked some of the characters.

It got dull really fast, though. Then it got to the point where i couldn't understand anything that was going on, because of how much i was skimming.
Rbjumbob
Feb 28, 2014 Rbjumbob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story line is good. Plot develops well, good action, I like the writing style, it moved along. Interesting take, a prostitute at a bunny ranch becomes the leader. Certainly possible but seems extremely unlikely, a girl in her 20's, several men, some with military experience, much older would emerge as the leader. More than her sex, I think an older person would lead group, planning, logistics, weapons, it just seems like a older person with more experience with these elements would lead. Wou ...more
Netanella
I read each story over a series of 2 to 3 days. I enjoyed each of the stories, and most definitely enjoyed the third best of all.

Fire ()
"Fire" is the first in a series of zombie apocalypse books by new-to-me author William Esmont. The writing is free from grammatical errors (yay!) and the characters that are introduced in this first book, as the ZA breaks out in the southeastern US, are interesting, atypical, and complex. There's the prostitute in Nevada, the sociopathic female nuclear submarin
Jan 24, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Zombie Lovers
Actual rating 3.5.
**I won this book in a GoodReads First Reads Giveaway**

Throughout this book I was torn as to whether I really liked it or not, the end really brought me to the side of liking this novel. If it had ended a different way I probably would have ended hating it.

The situation that the characters find themselves in is one that has been used in the movies and countless books, a zombie apocalypse. But these zombies aren't the stupid ones that you see in horror movies, these zombies are
Brian
Nov 12, 2012 Brian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This 3 book series was really good IF you like zombie books. Nice character development and a fast paced story. You learn enough about characters to be attached to them... But there isn't a ton of narrative about each... You learn about the by their actions in the story or via effective flashbacks to the days prior to the outbreak or just after...

While not all of the elements of this book are entirely original... This definitely is not just a same old same old zombie story. I liked the twists in
Georgia
Jan 18, 2013 Georgia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Elements of the Undead: Omnibus Edition contains all three books in the trilogy by William Esmont. Those three being Fire, Air and Earth. I'm going to explain a little bit about each one (without giving too much away) and then conclude with my thoughts on the series as a whole.

But first, a little background. The Elements of the Undead Trilogy is a horror series (though the horror is pretty tame considering the plot. I would call it more of a thriller/ adventure). A zombie apocalypse breaks
TJ
Jan 05, 2013 TJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I got my copy of "Elements of the Undead - Omnibus Edition", there was a little trepidation in my mind because I thought, "here we go again - another zombie novel". I am happy to report that it didn't take me very many pages to see that this book was something special. "EOTU-OE" is a wonderful story that deals as much with the human spirit as it does "The Great Zombie Apocalypse".

Author William Esmont has crafted an outstanding plot that's centered on the survivors of a zombie outbreak that
Jordan
I won a copy of the Elements Of The Undead omnibus through the Goodreads FirstReads program. This is, I think, largely intended to get people ready for the fourth book that is coming out in the near future. I reviewed each individual story on Goodreads, but this is a review of the omnibus as a whole. I say a lot of the same stuff in the individual reviews, but am more specific and don’t worry about spoilers for previous books as much. Read or ignore at your leisure. Links to the individual revie ...more
Jessica
Jun 02, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
I'm glad I read this as one book instead of three separate pieces; the story seems to flow better this way. It's well written with the exception of a few small mistakes (such as forgetting an apostrophe, etc.) but that could be fixed with a good editor. Other than that, the storyline is decent. The only negatives for me were the seemingly low number of zombie encounters in the beginning book (Fire), ditto to a lesser extent in the second (Air) as well as the shortness of the second one. I am als ...more
Jamie Eastman
Not bad

I have to say and be honest, I've read better, some places just dragged on forever and other places were quicker paced, and I don't want to give anything away but do not get attached to any of the characters, and unfortunately after awhile I was just counting down the pages until I finished the story. So, if you have time to kill and can't find anything better then this will do, but if you can then read that instead.
Rachel Hilgenberg
Oct 18, 2015 Rachel Hilgenberg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Interwoven Tales

I thought this was one long book until I realized these were parts 1 to 3. That made a lot more sense. I liked the characters, the writing was good, and the story kept me interested. I will definitely get book 4 of the series, (spoiler alert) especially since I'm wondering what happened to the big bad (human). I thought she would be trouble for our survivors. Still could be, I guess.
Linda
Mar 25, 2013 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
NO SPOILERS: I received this book for free through a Goodreads First-Read giveaway.

When the book arrived and I realized it was about zombies I thought, "Holy cow, what in the world possessed me to enter this giveaway?" Zombies and gore are not my thing, at all. I considered giving the book to someone else to review but, decided, I would push through if I had to. What the heck, it was free and it would teach me a darn good lesson to be more thoughtful of the giveaways I enter.

Loved this book! I w
dave
Jan 14, 2015 dave rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, not great. If you want an easy read that is full of zombie destruction than this is the series. It didnt take long to get through at all. Story was good, nothing special though. But overall it was an entertaining read.
Alice
Jun 07, 2015 Alice rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who like zombie books
Recommended to Alice by: Goodreads
I was very fortunate to have won this book in a giveaway, with a lovely note in the front by the author. I was very excited for this book, but unfortunately I could not finish it.
The story is great and a fresh approach to the zombie genre. I also really loved the switch of POV which provided a fresh approach to the story.
However the book just did not hold my interest enough for me to continue. I might come back to it once I have finished my other "to-read" books, but this book just wasn't enoug
Crystal Hutchinson
Dec 02, 2012 Crystal Hutchinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Angie Lisle
A typical zombie plot with graphic violence and some gore - this kept me coming back every time. I wanted to know who would die next. There are a few editorial/organization issues but the action-packed story utilizes Noir-style prose to move scenes along quickly. Mr. Esmont isn't afraid to kill his characters, which allows the plot to be unpredictable. The only expectation I kept was that anyone and everyone would probably die.

I received a free copy of this book from LibraryThing in exchange fo
Oct 13, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Looking for a good zombie story? One that just starts the plot moving from page one (why wait when we know what is coming)? William Esmont has written a zombie story that will satisfy all those zombie fans out there! I found myself quickly reading this one and feeling for the characters in the story as they are faced with a zombie outbreak that is completely out of control leaving the survivors to battle for their lives.

I received Elements of the Undead Omnibus as part of Goodreads' first-reads
Lauren
Jan 30, 2015 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, zombies
Three in one – love it!

Zombies are attacking! I liked the standard zombie survival story of the first book and how book two was more of an arc to the third. I’m interested to see what the fourth book is going to be like (the author has to finish out the elements). I’m not generally for zombies but this book was interesting to read and kept me on my toes. I felt there were some characterization flaws but overall the author did a nice job.

Note: I won this book from LibraryThing member giveaways.
Melissa
Nov 19, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't my typical type of book. If zombies are your thing you will LOVE this book. I enjoyed it, especially book 3 - Earth. This book gives you a scary inside to our world and how much we rely on certain things, how much we take for granted and how many loved ones we take for granted. What would you do without running water? Or to be able to leave your house and go to the grocery store to pick up food?
Cassie
Nov 05, 2012 Cassie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have never read a book with zombies in it. For a novel and a first ever zombie book I was very pleased. This book had a great story line and will not leave you hanging. I look forward to reading and loving more books written by William. I will be on the look out.
Kelly
May 19, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite zombie trilogy of all time but I did enjoy them . The 2nd book in the trilogy seems nothing more than a few chapters and is in a way disappointing but all the books together as one make for a really good suspenseful read !
Anastacia
This was a decent zombie trilogy. The only thing that bothered me was we never found out what happened to the navy woman who went crazy with power. I think there may be other books in the future.
Denielle
Jul 17, 2013 Denielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elements of the undead was a instering read. I did enjoy reading it. it was hard at first with all of the jumping around with different people, but it got easier. Looking forward to more books...
Danette Cole
Apr 08, 2013 Danette Cole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fast read and if you like books about zombies then I would definitely recommend that you read these.
Karen Sherwood
Apr 17, 2013 Karen Sherwood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, fast paced, I love this genre, only let down was the ending....
Holly
Jan 25, 2013 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent
  • Shakespeare vs. Lovecraft: A Horror Comedy Mash-Up featuring Shakespeare's Characters and Lovecraft's Creatures
  • After The Virus
  • Zombie Invasion (Zora Baker, #2)
  • Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Science Fiction (Futuredaze, #1)
  • Among the Dead
  • Virginia is for Zombies
  • Hitmail dot com
  • Sins of the Father
  • Dying To Live & Fighting To Live - Double Edition
  • The Nevermore Trilogy (The Nevermore Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Necropolis Now (Zombie Ascension #1)
  • Fighting Out of Mobberley, England (Zombie #1)
  • Sanctuary in Steel
  • Year One (Living with the Dead #1-2)
  • The King of Clayfield
  • The Sundered
  • Onslaught (Last Hope #1)
  • 900 Miles (900 Miles #1)
William Esmont lives in Tucson, Arizona.
More about William Esmont...

Elements of The Undead (4 books)
  • Fire
  • Air
  • Earth
  • Water: The End of Us

“She loved so many things about the desert, but her favorite was the rain; the way the landscape sprang to life at the slightest hint of moisture, exploding into a kaleidoscope of exotic colors and smells, never ceased to amaze her.” 1 likes
“The monster whipped its head around, teeth bared, nostrils flaring as it tried to capture his scent. Its arms came up, reaching for him. Man, that’s an ugly fucker, Kevin” 0 likes