Start by marking “The Looneyspoons Collection: Janet & Greta's Greatest Recipie Hits Plus a Whole Lot More!” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Looneyspoons Colle...

Janet Podleski

Lick your lips and shrink your hips with
THE LOONEYSPOONS COLLECTION
Jam-packed with “the best of the best” Janet &
Greta recipes…made even BETTER!
Better carbs Better fats More fiber Less sugar Less salt Same great taste that won’t go to your waist!

TLC features outrageously delicious, reader-favorite recipes from Janet & Greta’s incredibly popular cookbooks Looneysp
Paperback
Published November 15th 2012 by Hay House (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Looneyspoons Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Looneyspoons Collection

Amanda Belyew
Dec 04, 2012 Amanda Belyew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[I won this book through Goodreads. My review is a sincere one, and I would have gladly bought the book.]
I love this cookbook! I have tried cooking from cookbooks before and the recipes are either too complicated or they use random ingredients that are hard to find or expensive. Not so with this one! The recipes are very easy to follow, and I really love how there is nutritional information for every recipe. There are recipes for everything you can imagine and new takes on classic dishes. Many
Lorna Casavant
May 15, 2013 Lorna Casavant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally awesome. There is NOTHING in this book we have not liked. I have many go-to recipes in there now. I love that they promote healthier eating, but not to the extreme so it works. I love their 80/20 rule. Eight percent of the time do your best so that for twenty percent you can enjoy yourself. Their recipes are easy, I find I always have the ingredients. They are healthier recipes and always tasty. I like how they use spices and lemon to enhance and bring out the flavors. I also like how th ...more
Dawn
Oct 30, 2015 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of our family favorites. The Podleski sisters teamed up to make this cookbook and another, Crazy Plates, which have favorite recipes which were tweaked a bit to make them a little bit healthier without losing the flavor. The recipes are all given "punny" names (i.e. "Just for the Halibut") and have entertaining descriptions and illustrations. The recipes are good too. Both are recommended.
Wildwhuck
Just received my copy from First Reads giveaway. I've only skimmed a few recipes but they look quick and easy. Love they already have the nutritional and calorie count info for each recipe. There is way more illustration than I prefer but it's informative. Will definitely be testing a few recipes in the new year.
Wendy
Apr 27, 2009 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun cookbook. It lives up to its description of low-fat food made fun. For low fat recipes, the flavors are interesting, and the authors used some cooking techniques that were new to me but I've adopted them.
Anna S
Oct 20, 2015 Anna S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy recipes, delicious food. I like that it's all on colour making it more visually appealing. It's important for me to see a picture of the recipe for me to decide to make it. Most recipes have pictures in this book.
Mindy
Dec 14, 2012 Mindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received a free copy if this through FirstReads and I'm super excited! The recipes are healthy and not super complex. It's filled with healthy tips and tidbits! I've already marked a bunch if recipes to try!!
Lynda
Jan 27, 2013 Lynda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are a ton of healthy living cookbooks around. This book provides excellent recipes, reminds me of a lot of info that I always need to be reminded of. However, this book is fun. Personally, I am tired of the preaching of many such cookbooks.
Angela
Jan 08, 2011 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't tried the recipes yet, but I have marked many! In addition to easy to follow recipes, there are cartoons, funny tidbits, and substitution info all packed.
Jennifer Barr
Oct 07, 2016 Jennifer Barr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the recipes, and the humour. My son loves just about everything I make from this book.
Liisa
Apr 03, 2013 Liisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this cookbook
Julie Kumar
Jan 03, 2013 Julie Kumar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!
Simone
Nov 12, 2016 Simone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good!! Chock full of creative and delicious low calorie recipes.
Valerie
It's a bit corny, but a great idea. I found it hard to read the recipes and visualize the finished product sometimes because there are no photos. Book should lie flat.
Dawn
Feb 25, 2012 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
We love these authors and their fun, informative and delicious recipes!
Just wish there were pictures!
Gillian
Jun 11, 2008 Gillian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gillian by: Dianne Chalmers
I'm not one to really enjoy cooking, but this book actually motivates me to do so, so a great thanks to the authors! (I'm sure my family thanks you too!)
Erika Nerdypants
Aug 04, 2011 Erika Nerdypants rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Erika by: Beryl Stephens
Has some of my favourite recipes
Alyssa Edmonds
Nov 04, 2015 Alyssa Edmonds rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome and easy recipes! Great recipe book! Very easy to follow!
Shelley
May 21, 2013 Shelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great cook book. Lots of great recipes. Use this book all the time to cook up new ideas for old recipes. Low fat and low sugar but yummy.
Nancy C
Jul 28, 2014 Nancy C rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
have been making their caesar salad dressing for years ... YUM!
Glynda
Jan 22, 2009 Glynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Fun to read snippets and some good recipes.
Littlemissadventures
Mar 07, 2011 Littlemissadventures rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who eats.
Shelves: cookbooks
This was one of the cookbooks of my childhood. Tastiness aside, it helped set me on a healthy path and taught me to enjoy real food.
Jo-Anna
Apr 07, 2016 Jo-Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite cookbooks!
Debbie Lemaire
Debbie Lemaire rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2013
Janice Townley
Janice Townley rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2011
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2013
Colleen
Colleen rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2011
Flip  Miller
Flip Miller rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Michele A.
Michele A. rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2012
  • The Looneyspoons Collection : Janet & Greta's Greatest Recipe Hits Plus a Whole Lot More!
  • Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals: Over 280 Incredible Supper Solutions
  • The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook
  • Avec Eric: A Culinary Journey with Eric Ripert
  • Tyler Florence Fresh
  • Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook (Betty Crocker Cooking)
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • The Best Light Recipe
  • Extending the Table: A World Community Cookbook
  • Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood
  • Herbivoracious: A Flavor Revolution with 150 Vibrant and Original Vegetarian Recipes
  • The Whole Foods Market Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes
  • Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
  • The Lebanese Kitchen
  • New Food Fast
  • Fifty Shades of Chicken: A Parody in a Cookbook
  • Weight Watchers All-Time Favorites: Over 200 Best-Ever Recipes from the Weight Watchers Test Kitchens
  • A Treasury of Great Recipes