Start by marking “Steamy Kitchen's Healthy Asian Favorites: 100 Recipes That Are Fast, Fresh, and Simple Enough for Tonight's Supper” as Want to Read:

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Steamy Kitchen creator Jaden Hair, top Asian cooking blogger, gives a healthy and truly inspired overhaul to more than 120 classic Asian recipes, making them accessible and easy for home cooks.

As the creator of the beloved blog Steamy Kitchen,JadenHair knows how to make Asian food accessible—and exciting—to home cooks. Now, with humor and a can-do attitude,Jadenpresents th
Published February 5th 2013 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about Steamy Kitchen's Healthy Asian Favorites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steamy Kitchen's Healthy Asian Favorites

Miss Downtown NYC
A glossy full page photo for almost every recipe, yay! Liked the author's focus on healthier and simple Asian recipes. Also her use of quinoa, brown rice and not so much white rice. I would have liked to see the nutritional information (calories, fiber, etc.) for each recipe. There are even some beverages. While I usually go out for Asian and Indian food (so many ingredients!), these recipes will have me doing some more Asian cooking at home.

Already plan on making:

*asian slaw with wasabi soy dre
Anna
Jaden Hair’s blog Steamy Kitchen is well-known for its easy, simple, and healthy Asian recipes. In my experience, if there’s a dish that I want to replicate from the Chinese or Thai or Vietnamese restaurant, Jaden’s recipes are a reliable go-to guide to get started. The cookbook maintains that same easy and healthy feel, featuring dishes that pack a lot of flavor for not a lot of fat.

I like that the recipes feature vegetables prominently. She includes several sections that would be perfect for v
Library-KAT
I like this book... it is a paperback format with very attractive photographs. Most of the 100 recipes have less than six (6) ingredients which makes for fast & easy preparation.

Contents include: Foreword; Introduction; 9 chapters of recipes; Ingredients; Acknowledgements; about the author; Measurement conversions; and Index

Soups: Mom's chicken stock; seafood stock; miso soup; dashi; Thai tom yum; Healing ginger chicken soup; & Tofu mushroom miso soup

Pickles & Sauces: Shrimp & cu
Darren
Far too many dishes from many Asian lands fall into the "too difficult, too involved" category and that can be a great shame. Asian food can have a tremendous variety of flavours, colours, tastes and inspirations. Maybe this book can help?

Set out to provide one hundred fast, fresh and simple dishes - if you were to form a decision based on the first snack shown in a wonderful colour photograph you might be cynical, saying that surely THAT is not simple to make! After a fairly interesting, if not
Tracy
------ I received this book from Edelweiss and the publisher for my honest review------

This is a wonderful cookbook, with tons of pictures and recipes that are not to complex to even consider attempting. Each recipe comes with a beautiful colorful picture so you know what the finial product should look like. The recipes might have a handful of ingredients, but I haven't fond any that send me on a treasure hunt to find. The instructions are presented in a way that makes sense, and for the more co
Piwi Mama
First of all I have to admit that the cover made me a little weary as it looked a bit fancy. However flicking through the pages I realized that these was all the recipes for the kinds dishes (noodles and otherwise) we enjoy when we eat out. Even DH had a scroll through the amazing photos and announced his approval.

The recipes were super easy to follow.This is definitely a book worth keeping in the kitchen for easy, healthy and tasty week night meals!

Disclaimer: I received a digital copy of Steam
Autumn
Very empowering and down to Earth guide to pan Asian food. Uses some of the same techniques touted by Fuschia Dunlop (Eggs with Pow Pow sauce is the same thing Fuschia raves about on greens in her latest), but in a laid back food bloggery way. Also, if you are trying to feed kids or to gather your ingredients from a non-Asian grocery, all these recipes will be accessible to you.
Katherine
I can't wait to make something out of this book! (This week - it's gonna be those Cauliflower "Steaks" with Ginger-Soy Sauce, and I can't wait!!) Good to see a recipe for ponzu - I can't find anywhere that sells it here.
Gorgeous pictures; lots of nice looking meat and vegetarian recipes - simple but tasty looking!
Monique
Wonderful recipes that seemed simple to make. Now if I could get my head around eating tofu I would be all good. Hair is an outstanding foodie and I can't wait to try some of her combinations.
Halley Todd
This has several full page photos, which I really like in cookbooks. It also very easy recipes that I feel like I could make, and I am horrible at cooking. Enjoyed it a lot!
크리스티
Delicious recipes that are easy to find in a non-Asian grocery store which is a plus for me not always being able to get to the local Asian grocery store.
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by there publisher.

This is full of great, easy, healthy and we can't forget yummy meals. A definite must have for anyone who loves Asian food
Laurie
I enjoy Jaden's style. Will probably not make much from this cookbook due to lack of confidence, although it is family-cook friendly.
Dg
Dg is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2015
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
chris winn
chris winn is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2014
CallMeLou
CallMeLou marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Winly Mai
Winly Mai marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Kaili Jackson
Kaili Jackson marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Barbara Brewer
Barbara Brewer marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner The Steamy Kitchen: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner Healthy Chinese Take Out - Favorite Recipes: Healthier home-cooked versions of your Chinese restaurant favorites Steamy Kitchen's Healthy Asian Favorites: 100 Recipes That Are Fast, Fresh, and Simple Enough for Tonight's Supper Easy Chinese Recipes: Family Favorites From Dim Sum to Kung Pao