Start by marking “Private Love in a Public Place (Private Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Private Love in a Public Place (Private Love, #1)

Private Love in a Public Place (Private Love #1)

Mags O'Brien lives on the alcohol-soaked, drug-enhanced concert circuit, managing out-of-control rocker Julian MacAvoy. She helps him spread his musical gospel to his adoring followers, despite the fast-spinning turnstile on his bedroom door, and the broken hearts he leaves in his wake.

Mags believes she’s immune to Julian’s magnetic personality but when controversy hits t
Published August 28th 2012 by Apeople Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Private Love in a Public Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Private Love in a Public Place

Stephanie
Jul 05, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Wow! I really, really loved this book. I read a lot of rock and roll stories because I have a weakness for them, and this was quite a different read.

Mags O'Brien is on tour with Julian MacAvoy's band. She serves as Julian's right hand, managing any and every issue that comes up. Jules is an interesting man. He's funny, caring, sexy and seems to not care what anyone thinks. He also has a tendency to go into sulk mode and Mag's often seems more like his mother, as she cares for him. Mags is wonde
Kathy Altman
Sep 02, 2012 Kathy Altman rated it really liked it
Sexy and gritty, raw and engaging, Private Love in a Public Place takes you on a personal behind-the-scenes tour of a rock star’s life on the road from the perspective of his manager, a woman who loves the artist as much as she loves the man himself. But it’s a love bound for nowhere, considering she’s married—and determined to stay that way. Kenyon presents in fascinating detail the grueling, passionate, punishing, rewarding and erratic life of a superstar, and the backstage vs onstage ...more
Book Chatter-Cath
Oct 16, 2012 Book Chatter-Cath rated it really liked it
At some point or another, most people have lusted after someone they know, perhaps a co-worker, or even the boss; and Mags is no different.
The trials and stresses of being on tour, have stretched her marriage to breaking point. Her husband has become more of an annoying friend than lover, and her annoyingly charming boss is getting her hotter by the day.

Toni Kenyon has written a really great story around a life we usually only hear about through trashy magazine articles using mysterious sources
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 03, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
I have a serious addiction for Rockers, and was so excited to find a new author/series. I seriously enjoyed Private Love in a Public Place.

Mags O'Brien is the manager of out of control lead singer Julian MacAvoy. She lives on the alcohol/drug tour circuit. She helps him with everything, on top of being the tour organizer. Mags believes she is immune to his charm as she tells herself that she's a happily married woman. The long tour starts to wear holes in her happy marriage theory and she can't
Erin Paige Bixby
Jun 29, 2015 Erin Paige Bixby rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

This story was a little different than the rock star romances I normally read. The characters were very down to earth and relatable. The group has a very loving family dynamic going on. They like to spend their down time together just hanging out and playing cards. Not a lot of the party scene going on. They all have very normal problems going on in their lives.

Mags and Jules have been denying their attraction for quite some time. She has some major decisions to make.

This is a cliffha
Rowena May O'Sullivan
Sep 23, 2012 Rowena May O'Sullivan rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Toni's first book, Private Love In A Public Place. A gritty, sexy and sometimes uncomfortable look at the life on the road of a rock star, his band and his assistant who looks after his every need. I loved that this isn't your normal run of the mill romance which steps outside the boundaries of what is considered formulaic romance. A very good read.
Elizabeth Corva
Aug 01, 2013 Elizabeth Corva rated it really liked it
Shelves: rockstar
Solidly written, well-developed characters and a very realistic look at life on tour. Jules was a little too childish and neurotic to be sexy to me, but I can see why Mags would have been attracted to him. Definitely not a light read but enjoyable.
Taznim
Sep 23, 2012 Taznim rated it really liked it

Cute!!!
Spunky N Sassy
SNS Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Dee's Review~~~~~~~~~~

The story of Jules and Mags is not your typical rock star romance. It is outstanding! Jules is a rock star and Mags is his manager. The band is on tour and these two people are secretly attracted to each other. Told from Mags point of view, she is in denial and pushes down her lust for him. As the tour continues onward, the reader has a front row seat observing the goings on, the incidents that occur and even some surprising twists. We see how thes
Cozen
Oct 03, 2015 Cozen rated it it was ok
This story started out pretty good. I was interested in it and I had a brief instant of relief in thinking I was going to finally enjoy a book after suck a long period of unsatisfied and disappointing titles. Yeah there were a few moments when the age of the lead male was questionable but I managed to force those instincts back with a lame excuse as being an super star. I figured that eccentric and adolescent behavior was a characteristic that some do posses. I should have seen it there. ...more
FMR Book Grind
Jul 01, 2015 FMR Book Grind rated it liked it
ERIN'S REVIEW
3.5 STARS

This i
Venture
Jul 02, 2015 Venture rated it liked it
Mags manages Julian. I find Julian like a spoiled primadonna. I understand he is the star but he is so much work for Mags. She has been keeping her distance. When he is on stage it seems to work. Julian realizes he need Mags for everything. However Mags is married and the situation hasn't changed....some choices need to be made about Julian.
The book is a quick read but I found Julian spoiled and very annoying. I never felt a connection from Mags or Julian. Even her husband acts like a prude wit
Kimkbries
Feb 05, 2016 Kimkbries rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great rockstar story as it was different than others I have read. Julian is a rockstar and Mags has been his organizer. In a loveless marriage, Mags cannot help falling for Julian. Trouble is she is married? How does Julian feel about that? Enjoy their story! It was sweet and romantic!
Suzanne Perazzini
Oct 19, 2013 Suzanne Perazzini rated it it was amazing
This is not your run of the mill romance and so I liked it. Although I didn't always agree with Mags's choices, she is tough yet sensitive and has a journey to go on before finding her personal happiness. Kenyon depicts the rock star world candidly, warts and all, and this adds an extra layer to the book.
If you love out-of-the-ordinary, off-beat romances, then this is the book for you.
LaGina
Jul 22, 2015 LaGina rated it really liked it
I will admit that when it comes to reading rock star books there are just a few authors that I will read. But this cover was just talking to me and I just had to go outside my norm and I am so glad that I did. I felt like I was getting in inside look of what goes on behind the scenes.
Hopelessly Hooked on Books
Jul 07, 2015 Hopelessly Hooked on Books rated it it was amazing
I totally loved this book!!! I love first person reads! How hard it must have been for Mags to stay faithful to her unloving husband Nick while on the road touring with Julian MacVoy. Mags was falling for Julies daily. glad to see the good ones get what they want and deserve in the end.
For the Love of Books
Jul 02, 2015 For the Love of Books rated it really liked it
Rock star books are always intriguing to me. In this one the characters are great, down to earth but exciting at the same time!! This is a great insight into life on the road and I certainly don't know how rockers do it although exciting it isn't for me. Thanks for a gritty but fun story ~ 4 stars.
Tabitha Laprairie
Good read

I liked this book a lot. Getting the others in this series. Really enjoyed the characters. Looking forward for more from this author.
Lovetoread47
Gosh i am really the minority here. I almost did not finish the book. When I did finish, i was at an ok phase.
Aerinyes
Aerinyes rated it did not like it
Nov 25, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Susan Beadle
Susan Beadle rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Catinaco
Catinaco rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2012
lisa shaw
lisa shaw rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Suzan Washington
Suzan Washington rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Mildred
Mildred rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Nadine
Nadine rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • For Everything
  • See You At The Show
  • Knight In Black Leather
  • MADversary
  • Front Man (Front Man, #1)
  • Access All Areas (Access, #1)
  • Love's Road Home
  • Patient Privilege
  • Out of the Ashes
  • Fighting Faith
  • Book Fair
  • Hawk and Dove (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Forbidden (Southern Comfort #2)
  • Falling Into Place
  • The Complete Groupie Trilogy
  • Just Fall (The Fall, #1)
  • Special Needs (Special Needs, #1)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
Toni Kenyon lives in Auckland with her husband (and their dog and cat) the goldfish is just squatting! She writes romance by day, sings in a band by night and in her spare (yeah, right) time she wrangles difficult heroes into line, so they can star in her next novel. Toni also loves the garden and has a special place in her heart for her fruit trees and her veggie patch. A keen amateur ...more
More about Toni Kenyon...

Private Love (2 books)
  • Public Love in a Private Place (Private Love, #3)

“This is rock ‘n’ roll, Mags. It don't understand discreet. - Julian MacAvoy” 1 likes