Start by marking “The Diaries Of Pontius Pilate (Fellowship of the Essentials, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Diaries Of Pontius Pilate (Fellowship of the Essentials, #1)

The Diaries Of Pontius Pilate (Fellowship of the Essentials #1)

The Diaries of Pontius Pilate opens when a member of an archeological team is murdered along the shores of the Dead Sea. We learn that the murderer and victim are both spies, observing the expedition and grappling with the fact that the team has just discovered some controversial artifacts.
In fact, Archeologist Kevin Elliot and his Deputy, Jill Gates have unearthed twent
ebook
Published August 5th 2012 by Trestle Press (first published August 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Diaries Of Pontius Pilate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diaries Of Pontius Pilate

Joseph Lewis
Aug 25, 2012 Joseph Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: thriller
Okay, I wrote it so . . .
Lyn
Aug 03, 2013 Lyn rated it really liked it
I don’t often reader “thrillers” and here is why: they can too easily be bad.

The first fatal mistake of a book labeling itself a thriller is to be plodding and slow. If a thriller is not fast paced and keeping a reader on the edge of their seat, what’s the point? It’s like decaffeinated coffee or non-alcoholic beer – why?

The second fatal mistake is to become bogged down in technical or political hocus pocus (Tom Clancy – why not just sit for a couple hours with an edition of Jane’s fighting sh
Peter  Younghusband
Jan 27, 2013 Peter Younghusband rated it it was amazing
Briliant debut novel by Joseph Max Lewis. A mixture of a secret society, special Christian ops team, Christian artifacts proving the divinity of Jesus, two humble archeologists, a cat and mouse game to save/destroy the artifacts and the Gospel message interspersed throughout.

Lewis has obviously done his research into the background of how a special ops works and this is well done here. The idea of having a special ops team who are Christian is a new concept for Christian fiction. A few other au
Ronna
May 23, 2013 Ronna rated it it was amazing
In this fast passed Christian thriller, an archeological team finds ancient relics that are apparently connected to Pontius Pilate and the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Almost immediately, there are murders and waring factions trying to capture these relics and all those connected with this historical find. The archeological team of Kevin and Jill immediately find themselves in a chase to save the relics while they are being pursued around the world. "The Society" seems to have followe ...more
Ann
Apr 10, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
WOW! When I started this book I was not sure if I would finish it or not! It was recommended to me by the author. For that reason I wanted to finish it out of respect for the writer who I do not know and honestly have never heard of. Which does not mean much for I am sure there are a lot I have never heard of. Yes I am rambling! Anyway about a third of the way through it got very good and I did not want to put it down. The reason I was having such trouble is I am use to books where the character ...more
Jay
Feb 18, 2013 Jay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The author found one of my other reviews that I posted on Goodreads.com and suggested I take a look at his book. I had never heard of Joseph Max Lewis before and didn't have the first clue as to what type of author he is or what he writes about. I won't just read any book not wanting to put junk in and always caution myself when it comes to books with religion involved. So, I did my research and decided to give it a try. Man am I glad I did.

First of all, JML has proven to me he is not you averag
Patrick Shelly Jr
Aug 07, 2013 Patrick Shelly Jr rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, kindle
Imagine if there was proof that Jesus really was the Son of God, who actually rose from the dead? Now imagine it was documented by Pontius Pilate himself? What would society do to hide the truth? In this story, we meet some archaeologists who run into that exact problem. They are victimized by The Society, a ruthless group that goes back untold years, who will do anything to keep the truth supressed.

I will admit the author suggested I give this a read, havinseen my review of anoer book here on
Susanhi
Jun 24, 2013 Susanhi rated it liked it
I bought this book after the author reached out to me here. All in all, I think this story had a lot of unrealized potential. I'm a huge fan of political thrillers and the idea that Pontius Pilate conducted an investigation and buried evidence really spoke to me. I'd love for this to actually be a discovery!

I felt that most of the characters were under-developed and in some cases not realistic. The romance between Kevin & Jill felt contrived and totally unnecessary. I have to say that I was
Sharon
Disclosure-The author contacted me after reading some of my reviews and asked me to purchase his book, as he thought I would enjoy it. That being said, he didn't give the book to me, I purchased it on Kindle, so this isn't a review I was paid to give. THANK YOU, MR. LEWIS!!!! I surely enjoyed this.

It had the conspiracy/military elements of David Baldacci, Ted Dekker, and Michael Crichton, nonstop intrigue and action, multidimensional like Frank Perreti's early works, and was extremely well writt
Dave Lohman
Jun 17, 2013 Dave Lohman rated it it was amazing
I'm glad I finished this book...my wife kept asking me if I would go to bed or keep reading. This was a great read. I'm thankful that the author indicates this is the first book in a series. Now he and his publisher just need to get it published.
Wendy
May 26, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Wendy by: Author
Joel Rosenberg is one of my favorite authors, but I can honestly say Joseph Max Lewis is now on my most popular list with his political thriller - "The Diaries of Pontius Pilate."
In the wake of a bloody trail of murders archeologists Kevin Elliot and his assistant Jill Gates flee from their dig in the Israeli desert. In two rucksacks they carry a remarkable discovery; twenty copper scrolls engraved with the testimony of Pontius Pilate after his criminal investigation into the death and resurrec
Anna
Jun 19, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
Try to skip two pages and you'll miss couple of twists of actions and many dead bodies.... It's hard to write about it without spoilers.
So below - just general (personal) observations.
Fast paced, with action jumping from one place to another...only after reading, when you start breathing again, you'll start thinking how little you know about characters...Well ...running for your life it's not the best time to get into deep knowledge of your fellows runners...but I agree with the author that it i
Sheila Myers
Jan 16, 2016 Sheila Myers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I've discovered that when buying novels with religious themes, it's often difficult to know in which direction the author will go with the story. Some authors present an overtly religious message with a lack of a cohesive plot. Others focus more on creating an exciting plot and whatever religious message they want to tell gets lost within the character development and the action of the story. Joseph Lewis found the perfect middle ground by writing a story that captures the reader's attention whi ...more
Sheri
Jul 16, 2013 Sheri rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this debut novel! I had a hard time putting it down once I started reading it. It was a fast-paced believable story. Certainly, forces of evil would be out to disprove Christ as the Messiah if scrolls and other authentic relics like these came to light.
Obviously, the author was acquainted with military operations. It made for some exciting reading.
The relationship between Kevin and Jill seemed to tie itself up a bit too neatly in the end, but it is a novel...
I am thrille
Kathy
Nov 25, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it
Archaeologists have discovered copper scrolls detailing Pontius Pilate's investigation of Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection. One secret society wants to destroy this information, another wants to save it and make it publicly known. Plenty of action, interesting and engaging characters, well-written and clever story, a good twisty conspiracy theory. I really enjoyed this, Christian based, but not preachy. Although one character's conversion to Christianity is rather abrupt, it's believable in l ...more
Jeff
Jun 17, 2013 Jeff rated it it was amazing
I've always thought a great idea for a novel would be taking a biblical Narrative and pulling it into present day, leaving out the typical “Christianeeze” and making it fun, real, and smart… Joseph Max Lewis has nailed it with “The Diaries Of Pontius Pilate”. Thoroughly enjoyed this book, Joseph’s training with the Special Forces/experience I believe made this this book a very believable and fast-paced. Definitely caused me to lose a bit of sleep… Looking forward to the next release.
Would make
Scott
May 09, 2013 Scott rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Recommended to Scott by: Joseph Max Lewis
I read a ton of Christian Fiction but didn't have very high expectations just because this was a first full length novel by this author. I was wrong! This is a great book! It is full of action from the word go and I can't wait for the next one. The author has also done something different with his protagonist team that I have not seen before but I really like. I would recommend this book for anyone but especially fans of Christian Fiction.
Stephanie
Apr 19, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Because I enjoy Ted Dekker's books I was contacted by this author to read this book. At the beginning of the book I was a little confused but as I continued to read I quickly sorted out the characters that had confused me. I enjoyed the story, the characters, and the intrigue. However, I did not care for the ending. I feel as though I have no closure with the storyline and characters.
Dorothea
Nov 19, 2013 Dorothea rated it it was amazing
Love love love this book! I read a lot of Christian Fiction and Archeology Thrillers are among my favorites. This book has it all. Great plot, action, suspense, romance, and the Gospel. Can't wait for the sequel. If you like Joel Rosenberg or Tim Lahaye's Michael Murphy series you will like this book. I couldn't put it down. Im anxiously waiting for the sequel!!
Mar 28, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was fast paced and held my attention. I even found myself reading it this morning after getting home from a 12 hour work night. (It is always a sign of a good read if I forego my much needed sleep just to find out what happens in the next chapter.) This would be a great vacation/airplane book.
Frank Sloan
Intense and exciting

I love it when an author is so skilled in our language that he or she can spin a an intensely captivating story without resorting to vulgarity, profanity, and illicit sex. Thanks, Joe, for a great read!
Chad Tindall
Nov 28, 2015 Chad Tindall rated it it was amazing
Truly a story worth read! This is an amazing story that is intriguing and keeps you hooked in the story. A great thriller that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys authors such as Vince Flynn, Tom Clancy, Mark Greaney and Kyle Mills. Hats off of Joe Lewis!!
Roger
Jun 02, 2013 Roger rated it really liked it
The author emailed me a recomendation comparing this to The Twelth Imam, I'm glad he did, it's well worth the read, I can see this following in the tradition of The Left Behind series as the characters get under yor skin.
Steve
An excellent read with a nice mixture of religious storytelling mix with tradecraft, travel and adventure.

It was awesome to have values driven characters, personal redemptions and a dynamic struggle with evil.

Good read!
Kendal
Jun 24, 2013 Kendal rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book and look forward to the next one. Great story line - I read it in two days because I couldn't put it down! Will definitely recommend it to my friends who enjoy Joel Rosenberg.
Terri Link
Mar 23, 2013 Terri Link rated it it was amazing
This book grabs your attention and holds it until the very end. It is fast paced, interesting, and thought provoking.
Michael Feehly
Feb 18, 2015 Michael Feehly rated it it was amazing
This is a thought provoking story and an adventure for the reader. I wish we could know what really happened to Pilate after the crucifixion.
Debbie West
May 24, 2014 Debbie West rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wonderful book! suspenseful, well written. characters came to life on the pages and I never could guess what would happen next! great story by a talented author!!
Betty
May 16, 2016 Betty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Maki
Oct 18, 2013 Maki rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers, spy-books
Enjoyed it a lot. Well researched, very good plot. Looking forward to the #2.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Peril (Bloodline Trilogy #3)
  • Exile. An Action Adventure set a long time ago on a planet far far away...
  • Web of Deceit (Agents Under Fire #1)
  • The Heir War (The Kinsman Chronicles, #1.2)
  • Centralia
  • Not This Time (Crossroads Crisis Center, #3)
  • The Peacock Throne
  • A Man of Honor (First Responders #3)
  • Burning Proof (Cold Case Justice, #2)
  • Sins of the Past
  • Seeds of Evidence
  • No Place to Hide (Hidden Identity, #3)
  • Below the Surface (Code of Silence, #3)
  • Deadly Echoes (Finding Sanctuary #2)
  • A Fool and His Monet (Serena Jones Mystery, #1)
  • The Golden Flute (Adventures of Lilli and Zane, #1)
  • Lethal Harvest (Bioethics #1)
  • Code 13 (The Navy JAG #2)
Joseph Max Lewis served as a member of an Operational Detachment in the U.S. Army's Seventh Special Forces Group, the storied Green Berets. During his service Lewis received antiterrorist training and his detachment was tasked to "Special Projects." Afterward, he served as an instructor at the Special Forces Qualification Course. Lewis attended the Pennsylvania State University, where he was elect ...more
More about Joseph Max Lewis...

“Why,” Jill asked. “What's in it for them?”

“The Society for Human Enlightenment believes if they can get enough people going to Hell, God will blink,” Allison replied.

“What?”

“Like in a stare down,” Allison explained, “you know, who ever blinks first loses.”

“Their goal is to have so many people go to Hell that God will give in. The idea is if God forgives everyone who didn’t accept Christ, then He has to forgive Satan as well,” Guzetti said.

“Can that happened? Could Satan win somehow?”

“No, it can’t happen. Satan should know this as well, but he doesn’t, not anymore. Remember, no matter how wise someone is, when the presence of God is withdrawn from them, they deteriorate. That’s what’s happening to Satan, his mind is going. Satan's plan can’t work, but he and The Society don’t know that. What’s in it for them? Power. Better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven.”
0 likes