Start by marking “Unmasking Superfoods: The truth and hype about quinoa, goji berries, omega 3s and more” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Unmasking Superfoods: ...

Jennifer Sygo

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The word superfood is everywhere these days, but which of the many hyped foodstuffs should you really change your diet to include? In this collection of her National Post columns on foods ranging from quinoa to sardines, dietician Jennifer Sygo offers clear, realistic advice on what to eat and what to avoid at the grocery store.
Published April 10th 2012 by National Post

To ask other readers questions about Unmasking Superfoods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unmasking Superfoods

Gary Patton
Jan 06, 2014 Gary Patton rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who would find helpful a summary overview of healthy foods and their wellness features.
Recommended to Gary by: OverDrive e-Reader for Android

Ms. Sygo's book is a quick read and helpful as an overview of many of the key components of a healthy nutrition plan for those who are concerned about their family's wellness.

It's also FREE as an e-book via OverDrive e-book reader through Public Libraries.

After researching health & wellness for about 15 years following my wife's and my healing from separate near-death experiences, I spotted a few concerns re Ms. Sygo's recommendations and comments. I was not as shocked as you might expect no
Ozana
Interesting read for us who don't eat meat and try to stay healthy or get healthy. I am trying to implement "superfood" in my diet and find out what is true about benefits of it, especially since they are so expensive.
This book is free as a e-book and even thou there is some interesting points, first you must listen to your own body and it's impulses.
Deanna
Sygo takes a look at trendy superfoods, and foods we've known and loved, and through a review of the research literature as well as vendor claims helps sort out which are worth the money and which aren't. This is good stuff; goji berries, acai, etc can be expensive and according to Sygo the research is just not there to support the health improvement claims often made. On the other hand, less expensive and more easily obtained foods such as kale, broccoli, oatmeal and yes, beef and eggs may do y ...more
Jobus
Jobus marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Charlene Kennedy
Charlene Kennedy is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2014
Tara Estrin
Tara Estrin marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Mary King
Mary King marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Devon
Devon marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Susan B
Susan B marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014