Start by marking “Cruisin'” as Want to Read:

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  24 reviews
From the critically acclaimed author of Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) and the Magic in Manhattan series comes a fun short story about taking the plunge on the high seas, where not everything is what it seems.

Kristin is ready to take the next step. . . . The only problem is she hasn't found the right guy to take it with her. That's why she agreed to go on
Published December 4th 2012 by Epic Reads Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Cruisin', please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruisin'

Bibek Thapa
I still can’t believe the story ended the way it did. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.
Whether the ending was brilliant or stupid, you be the judge of that.
Tiffany (About to Read)
I decided to read “Cruisin’” because I loved 10 Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn’t Have). Even though both were written by Sarah Mlynowski, be aware that they are nothing alike. “Crusin’” did not have the same comical air as 10 Things We Did. Instead, it was paranormal—which was not something I was expecting from one of my favorite contemporary authors.

At first, it’s hard to tell if there is something truly paranormal in the story, or if the girl’s are just being silly for believing in Vampir
The Bumble Girl {Margie}
As I was reading this short story, I kept thinking, "Oh, this is going to be so predictable."
I was SO wrong about that!

Kristin and her friend, Liz, are on a cruise that was gifted to them from their parents after graduation. Time alone on a cruise to nowhere (seriously, this ship just cruises around the ocean, no stops!), they're on the prowl for cute boys. Especially Kristin, who thinks it's time to finally "take the next step" in her life. And her and her friend think that having a one-time-st
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
A cruise ship, and vampires... sold! I don't know why, but I found this comical and interesting and I had to know what this short story was going to be about. I will say this book was not at all what I was excepting. It's one of those great short stories that leads you to believe that one thing is going to happen and than throws in this fabulous twist that had me thinking "no way!" and how did I not see that one coming. I'll be honest, I almost stopped reading the book. It's not that I didn't li ...more
Amy Fournier
This was such a fun and entertaining story. This is very short, but packs a lot in to those few pages. It starts with two friends on a cruise ship, Liz and Kristin couldn't be more different. Kristin is just your average girl, and a little on the shy side. Liz on the other hand is totally hot, totally confident, and very outgoing. Kristin is determined to "do it" on this 3 day cruise, she just needs to find the right guy. All the talk of vampires on cruise ships and people disappearing ends up b ...more
I thought this was hilariously brilliant! I never saw that twist coming. I actually reread it from the beginning and caught so much I missed. Loved it!

Very quick short story that is a great pick-me-up between books. DIBS!
Cruisin was a nice little surprise!

I decided to read this in between books and I must say I really enjoyed it!
Kristin is on this cruise with her best friend Liz, and she has one goal to accomplish on this trip and that is the next step to "do it".

Well, I thought this story was going to be so predictable.Girl goes on cruise, meets guy, and it progresses from there, but it will surprise you.

This is the perfect story to read in between books, or if you're just looking for something short and sweet
I liked it. It was a fun, short read between books and it surprised me. I would’ve liked it more if the characters weren’t your typical, cookie cutter young adult girls/guys. I also would’ve liked the story to have a bit more depth (I know! I know it’s a short fun read but still…just saying) only because it’s a short story and that means EVERY WORD/SENTENCE COUNTS but these are just little criticisms.

I’d recommend this as fun, laid back read to kill an hour (or couple of minutes if you’re not di
Dumb, but a quick bit of fun, I guess.
This was a cute story, and an easy read. I'm a big fan of Ten Things We Did..., and this story is very similar in style. However, even though the characters mention vampires, I didn't really expect the fantasy element to be real. The buildup to the conclusion was great, with excellent character development, but then the story just...ended. I thought it was a bit abrupt. Overall, this was a fun story, just not what I was expecting.
Mar 19, 2013 Anna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Liz and Kristen meet Hailey while vacationing on a cruise. The reason for the cruise to begin with, is so that Kristen can lose her virginity. She finds “The One”, Jay a.k.a. James. However, she tries to chicken out, only Jay won’t let her. Interesting short story!
Haley (Beach Kissed YA Books)
Woah. Very enexpected ending, but I loved it! I do wish it was a bit longer though, so I could see what Liz, Kristin, and Hailey would do to the two college guys once they came near ;))
Heidi (yabibliophile)
Cute and short. There wasn't really a twist for me but it was still fun. Note: This is the same story that is in the Vacations from Hell anthology.
My Rating System:
everyone said there was a twist, so i guessed what it was right from the start. still enjoyed the story though.
Brandi Johnson
It turned out to be fairly silly but it was still a cute story by a great author.
A very traditional bait and switch story, fun and short. Not bad, not exceptional.
Lindsay Cummings
cute! fun and quick read! And by quick, I mean QUICK! love it.
This was cute, funny & has a great twist I didn't see coming!
I didn't see the twist coming! Good, fun, and cute short story!
Dec 07, 2012 Brandusa added it
Shelves: short-stories
Vartika Varshney
Vartika Varshney marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Afra Nawar
Afra Nawar marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Ally marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Catherine marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The First Midnight Spell (Spellcaster #0.5)
  • Twin Roses
  • Locked
  • Buried Above Ground: A Nightspell Novella
  • Resurrection Bay
  • Indomitable (Intangible, #0.75)
  • Two Tales Dark and Grim: The Key\The Brothers Piggett
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • Lila Shortcuts (Lila, #0.5-0.7)
  • Hedge Witch (The Cloven Land Trilogy #1)
  • Pretty in Pearls (Fins, #3.5)
  • Secrets of the Time Society  (Timeless, #1.5)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • Undiscovered (Unremembered, #1.5)
  • The Summer Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.5)
  • Love Is All You Need: The Nature of Jade; Wild Roses
Sarah is the author of BRAS & BROOMSTICKS, FROGS & FRENCH KISSES, SPELLS & SLEEPING BAGS and PARTIES & POTIONS—all in the YA ‘Magic in Manhattan’ series, as well as GIMME A CALL and the upcoming TEN THINGS WE DID (AND PROBABLY SHOULDN'T HAVE). Along with Lauren Myracle and E. Lockhart, she also wrote HOW TO BE BAD.

Sarah’s five novels for adults, MILKRUN, FISHBOWL, AS SEEN ON TV, MO
More about Sarah Mlynowski...