Start by marking “Our Occulted History: Do the Global Elite Conceal Ancient Aliens?” as Want to Read:
Our Occulted History: Do the Global Elite Conceal Ancient Aliens?

Our Occulted History: Do the Global Elite Conceal Ancient Aliens?

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  41 reviews
We are not alone.

And we never have been . . .

For years we've been taught that human progress has been a long, slow climb from the primordial ooze to hunter-gatherers to empires. But what if that's only part of the story?

Bestselling author and legendary conspiracy researcher Jim Marrs, who has investigated the recent financial crisis, the JFK assassination, and the national
Audio
Published February 12th 2013 by HarperAudio

To ask other readers questions about Our Occulted History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Occulted History

Will Byrnes
I happened on this book in an unusual way. I was visiting my wife at her office in Harper Collins, and while waiting for her to complete this or that task, I looked around for items of interest. My eyes alit on this one. "Looks like weird fun," said I. Many of the books I review are selected by my esteemed wife dashing in the door and exclaiming, "you've gotta read this!" Or one or the other of us catches an interesting TV interview with an author and picks the book up at Barnes and Noble (no, n ...more
Lea
Taking a star off due to the fact that I apparently re-read a book I'd already read and semi-reviewed two years ago . . . and do not remember ever seeing before. Wow. I know I'm getting older, but this is kind of silly.
Thomas Ryan
Our Occulted History is an amazing book, and another home run by Jim Marrs. It's about time writers start documenting what we are not being taught in schools, after all, history is made by those who write it. Jim has been investigating the unexplained his entire career. What this book does not do is preach, or pick a dog in the race, it simply presents information and poses questions not asked or ignored because the data does not fit into the mainstream science matrix.

Our public schools have omi
Jake
Jim Marrs succeeds again in presenting a highly readable, alternative take on conventional thinking. Rule By Secrecy remains, in my opinion, his best work, and one I frequently recommend, but his subsequent books all contribute to deeper understanding of possible realities that lie just beneath the surface of actual history. He never demands that you believe all the information he presents, but, rather invites you to research on your own and draw your own conclusions. Speculation on his part is ...more
Lauren
There are just too many unexplainable things happening around us. In this book the author unravels conventional beliefs and charges the reader with facts that are out of this world.

This book is remarkably entertaining and insightful. I didn’t even mind the demanding tone in which the author practically forces the reader to acknowledge his train of thought and makes them believe in what he is talking about.

Note: I received this ARC book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Aaron Meyer
An interesting book though the majority of it is material I was already familiar with. The basic premise of the book is that the true history of the world and the human race has been hidden from the masses and we are more than ever controlled by a small elite group of individuals. I found the first half of the book rather interesting although the majority of it has been based off of Sitchin's work with some other stuff added in. It has been a great many years since I have read his works and make ...more
Zev Valera
In the first half of 'Our Occulted History', Mr. Marrs succeeds in presenting strong arguments positing the theory that homo sapiens were not a product of natural selection but a species engineered through manipulation of human DNA by an extraterrestrial race. Marrs supports with sound factual evidence and logical supposition. Marrs skilfully presents a persuasive argument based on existing texts and artefacts and manages to make the idea of alien influence upon human development seem quite plau ...more
M.D. Meyer
This author clearly did his research as he covers a wide and fairly comprehensive range of ancient artifacts, monuments, and literature regarding the likely origins of ancient civilizations, i.e. extraterrestrial aliens. I found this a well done review as much, but not all, of the material I have read elsewhere over the years. He does a particularly good job summarizing the views of Zacharia Sitchin, author of The 12th Planet, and in less depth, the views of Joseph P. Farrell, author of The Cosm ...more
Eric
This book is an outstanding compendium of alternative history. While Mr. Marrs makes extensive use of other author's research and writing, he organizes it and succinctly encapsulates dozens of fantastic sources. If you are looking for a gateway into the history behind the history that you have been told to believe, this is it. There are books that are more detailed regarding specific time-frames or fields of study but this is a great overview.

The one subject that is not touched on is spirit and
Kent District Library
Do you in enjoy the History Channel’s Ancient Aliens show? Like listening to Alex Jones infoWars? Then you will love Our occulted history : do the global elite conceal ancient aliens? By Jim Marrs. Which combines both of these ideas.
dsneaks
I received Our Occulted History: Who or What Is Trying to Control Our Lives By Jim Marrs for free through Goodreads First reads giveaways. This book I had a very hard time trying to get into. I Would have moments were I would be like well thats interesting and would get past a section pretty quickly. Then I would be at a dead stop and not able to read more. I believe that the problem was that I had a hard time believing some of the things that were said in this book. However I am always interest ...more
Robert Wright
Usually, in books such as Rule by Secrecy, Crossfire, and even Alien Agenda, Jim Marrs sets himself apart from the average conspiracy wackos by being organized, well-researched and documented, level-headed, and logical in laying out his arguments. And while I enjoy a good conspiracy theory, Our Occulted History falls short of the standard Marrs has established for himself.

The book moves in fits in starts, in a rough arc from dawn of man to the modern day. That's as organized as it gets. Thoughts
George Castorena
This book by Jim Marrs is very interesting if you have an interest in ancient history. This book covers many topics under the umbrella of esoteric or "hidden knowledge" sort. There are a lot of statements and assumptions made, not all completely accurate, but much of it closer to the truth than what we currently have been led to believe. If you are new to this type of genre, buckle your seatbelts for some highly controversial revelations.
Sydney Squidney

WOW. If you're very interested in how human history has been corrupted and suppressed since before even the ancient civilization of Sumer, this is a good primer.

Another reviewer stated: "Our public schools have omitted and modified history to such a degree that America has become completely dumbed-down by our "education system" which is not meant to educate us at all, but rather train us like Pavlov's dog. Our school system is nothing more than a Soviet-style polytechnic meant to keep us as igno
Yeva
At first I thought this was just a load of hogwash, but then I realized that Mr. Marrs had hit on some things that were true. Some of his predictions or assertions, really, have cropped up on the news recently. His ideas about the culprits behind some things like GMOs and toxic waste were spot on. My only real complaint about this book is that it jumps around. Seemingly, there's little connection between some of his topics, but then they come together - loosely. I'm not sure about Mr. Marrs' ali ...more
Teena
I read this book on a whim, thinking it would be a slightly conspiratorial look at whether aliens may have been our "creators" rather than the widely held belief that we were created by "GOD" or evolved. I was wrong..I was VERY wrong.

This book did refresh my memory on European history and the Bible. What it did not do is convince me that aliens populated this earth. Other than some old concepts (Nazca lines, cave drawings of "space" men and stylized bird drawings) this book didn't do much to con
Gary Sansom
Excellent book, I really enjoy Jim Marrs's writing style.
He has several other books that are worth reading as well!
Jackie - Bookwasted
Detailed review coming soon! Received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Duane
Not a bad book, just an extremely strange book of conspiracies and ideas.
Matthew Schneider
Parts of the book really can be taken as truth, but others are truly false.
Peter Meyers
A good reference for those taking a more literal viewpoint on historical evidence vs. those trying to fit everything into a failed evolutionary model. I consider his biblical interpretations to be a bit on the Satanic side of the argument so I wouldn't recommend the book but it does show how not everyone who disagrees with evolution does so purely out of religious indoctrination.
I'm also interested in following up on many of his sumerian references.
Steven Raszewski
Scary and depressing and perhaps too close to the truth.
Betsy Hover
I was delighted to receive this book as Goodreads giveaway! The author, Jim Marrs, has written another great book with well-documented scientific, historical texts and historical sources indicating the possibilities on the origins of mankind and our current state of society. This was a fantastic read that was researched and well-written.
Roger Fernandez
I've been reading the book for a few days I'm on page 33, I'd be further along but I might ADD, very few times in my life have I been able to do the same task for very long, so I read a few paragraphs maybe a few pages then start reading another book, but this book is very eye opening.
Vera
First, I don't agree with a lot of what was presented in this book, but interesting questions were raised. I enjoyed but wished there was more on some subjects,and less on others. Still an interesting read.
Adrian Ibarra
I found myself turning to the Internet to further explore so much of this book. Very intriguing stuff. Should be read with an open mind and a cynical heart.
Jim
This is a must read if there ever was one. do yourself a favor and pick this book up...unless you want to stay ignorant to whats really going on in the world.
Hannah (Well-Thumbed)
MIND BLOWING THEORIES.
Things like this fascinate me beyond belief. Lets me get into great discussions with my teachers. hehe>:)
  • A.D. After Disclosure: The People's Guide to Life After Contact
  • The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt
  • Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA
  • The Ancient Alien Question: A New Inquiry Into the Existence, Evidence, and Influence of Ancient Visitors
  • Forgotten Civilization: The Role of Solar Outbursts in Our Past and Future
  • Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings: Evidence of Advanced Civilization in the Ice Age
  • The Real Men in Black: Evidence, Famous Cases & True Stories of These Mysterious Men & their Connection to UFO Phenomena
  • 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • Babylon's Banksters: The Alchemy of Deep Physics, High Finance and Ancient Religion
  • The Mythical Creatures Bible: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Mythical Creatures
  • Gods of Eden
  • British Goblins: Welsh Folk Lore, Fairy Mythology, Legends and Traditions (1881)
  • None Dare Call It Conspiracy
  • Detroit: A Biography
  • The Origins of the Mithraic Mysteries: Cosmology and Salvation in the Ancient World
  • UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record
  • Spam: A Shadow History of the Internet
American journalist and scholar and expert on conspiracies.

Marrs has given lectures about the John F. Kennedy assasination at University of Texas at Arlington.

Marrs is a member of Scholars for 9/11 Truth.
More about Jim Marrs...
Rule by Secrecy: The Hidden History that Connects the Trilateral Commission, the Freemasons & the Great Pyramids Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us The Rise of the Fourth Reich: The Secret Societies That Threaten to Take Over America The Trillion-Dollar Conspiracy: How the New World Order, Man-Made Diseases, and Zombie Banks Are Destroying America