Start by marking “Ever After (The Hollows #11)” as Want to Read:
Ever After (The Hollows #11)

Ever After (The Hollows #11)

4.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  23,565 Ratings  ·  1,926 Reviews
The ever-after, the demonic realm that parallels our own, is shrinking, and if it disappears, so does all magic. It's up to witch-turned-daywalking-demon Rachel Morgan to fix the ever-after before the fragile balance between magic users and humans falls apart.

Of course, there's also the small fact that Rachel is the one who caused the ley line to rip in the first place, an
Audiobook
Published January 22nd 2013 by HarperAudio (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ever After

archdandy
512 pages of Trent and Rachel on a mission together?

Photobucket
VampireNovelFan
Like the finest of wines, The Hollows gets better with age!

description

As you can see, I present definitive proof that I've indeed read the book! And man oh man is it fantastic! It's my new favorite! I normally worry about using that term too loosely because it could diminish the potential quality of the series as a whole, but I genuinely think it's the best book thus far. Kim Harrison has done it yet again and all signs point to her doing it two more times, and in epic proportions.

This time the Ever Aft
is mee... kissa
argh! i'm so obsessed with this series it's not even funny!
if i can get triple the amount of Trent in this book as the previous one, I'm gonna be very happy. shove some Al in as well and a whole lotta action and I'm gonna be extremely happy.
Obviously, since the title is 'Ever After', there's gonna be a lot of Al, and I've always been a Rachel/Trent or Rachel/Al girl, but since I can't see Rachel and Al long term, although I sure as hell wouldn't mind another kiss, I'm gonna go with Trent.
so Rac
Ferdy
Spoilers

Less a review and more a collection of ranty thoughts.

-Did Rachel really need to describe how good looking Trent was every single time she saw him? Also why was she so obsessed with how everyone smelt? Ooh Trent smells like cinnamon, ooh Quen smells like cinnamon but a different kind of cinnamon'. Enough with the pointless descriptions.

-Why was Rachel and Quen acting like Trent was a saint and some sort of speshul snowflake that would save all the elves? Trent has never been a good guy y
Alexandria
Aug 08, 2014 Alexandria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, f-m
Is it bad if i want Rachel to have Al's baby and then be with Trent?

*Update*

Epic! Everything I didn't know i wanted. As the odds stack against Rachel, you start to really feel her depression but she rises above like always with an explosive ending that was was all parts satisfying. My wishes weren't granted in this book... but theres always hope for the next book! This book left me drained even as I already begin my begging for the next one. Truly no one can write like the amazing Kim Harrison.
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
This book was Shamazeballs!

Find more reviews like this one at The Demon Librarian.

Kim Harrison is the reigning Queen of Urban Fantasy!

One of the most highly anticipated reads of 2013 for many people, Ever After by Kim Harrison most certainly will not fall short of expectations. It will, in many areas, surpass them. It will also shock, it will thrill, and my goodness it will entertain. An outstanding instalment, easily replacing any and all past favourites as the new pinnacle of the series...so
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Jan 22, 2013 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is my absolute favorite installment of the Hollows series to date. The best book I have read in months. I loved it. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. It's as though Kim Harrison made this book to order, handpicking all of my favorite elements of the series and letting them shine. Tons of Trent. Al. Jenks. And, of course, the ever after. It's light on Ivy, the vampire culture, witches and werewolves. And we actually see real growth in Rachel. It's like Christmas and my birthday all at once.

The s
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
“My God, you have beautiful hair in the firelight,” he said softly, and I blinked. “It’s like your thoughts, all cinnamon and wild untamed. I’ve always liked your hair.”

~ sigh ~

For those of us who have anxiously awaited each Hollows book, we knew the moment Trenton Aloysius Kalamack came on the scene that he was the one for Rachel! And what's funny is this is NOT a romance book. It is very much an Urban Fantasy! (Lord help us if KH ever decides to write a romance.)

Trent has not been nice to
Marian
Dec 04, 2012 Marian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!! Kim Harrison, you have outdone yourself. Again. I did not think you could top "Pale Demon". Then "A Perfect Blood". I. WAS. WRONG. Quite simply, this book is pure "Magic" [written] "into existence".

This book was action from beginning to end, with returns of all our old favorites, a few new ones, and more than a few surprises") Not all of them good. But some of them are very, very good (wink). I can't elaborate on that without spoilers, but let's just say, I hav
Klint
Oct 21, 2012 Klint rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites

I get an ARC and just now I finished the book.
Its truly an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G book!!!
For me, the best in all the series. I love Pale Demon, but Ever After is like 1 million times better. Its all action.

Once I started reading it, I couldnt stop! I was so obsessed that it was not funny XD, I couldn focus at work, and I found myself reading it while I cook, sleeping 4 hours the last 3 nights because I couldnt put it down...Is addictive!!

I dont know how I will manage a review without spoilers, but I w
Diane
Jan 26, 2013 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, 5-stars
Updated review:

Now that I have some time, I need to rip open a few assholes.

TRENT: Fuck him and Quen and ALL the elves. If they are the representatives of the race, then mother fuck them. Don't worry, Rachel doesn't feel the same way. It's all aces 10 and good vibes and hackey sacks and shit. I won't tell you what happens, but I consider it a betrayal BEYOND even when Trent locked her up and put her in the rat fights. For a while I thought Rachel was royally fucked. Another huge manipulation by
Duchess Nicole
I'm going to sound like such a ridiculous girl, but this entire series was worth reading JUST FOR THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK! I can't even tell you how big the loopy, goofy grin was on my face while I listened to the last chapter. In fact, I looked quite similar to this:

That's about all I wanted to say. SOOOOO many other thorough, fantabulous reviews out there. This book was a great one to get a LOT of answers, a lot of forward movement for the characters we've come to know and love. Al, Tren
Marissa
Can I please give this 50 stars??? It was the BEST Hollows book to date!
I can only hope and pray and cross all my fingers & toes that things continue in the same direction they appear to heading, for everyone's sake!

I simply cannot say, think, or feel enough wonderful things about this book! However, yes there seem to always be howevers in my reviews, I am going to say I felt a little bit cheated concerning a HUGE event that happened around the middle of this book. It all occurred off-page
Yodamom

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. The dynamic trio has been born. This one tipped the scales with action, intrigue and heart thumping moments. The last chapter left me with a smile so large it made my cheeks hurt. Did that really happen, was I dreaming ???

I need the next book, NOW !
Kitt
Catie
The Hollows are back…and so am I! (I hope.) What better way to kick off my reviewing dust than to write about a series I’ve loved for almost a decade? Even though I was mostly disappointed last January by the slow-moving rehash of old events that was A Perfect Blood, I knew that this author wouldn’t hold still for long. This series, which now encompasses eleven books and will end at book thirteen (Thanks Megan!) never ceases to be inventive and surprising.

This book sees Rachel & Co. moving f
Erica
Mar 03, 2013 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like
The next Hollows book is coming out in…. 2013. Wait, what?? 2013? Did I see that correctly???
That was my initial reaction. Usually I would just give up on the series (seriously? that long?), but fortunately for Ms. Harrison, I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES and I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK. I also want to see what will happen with Trent <3<3

Edit: I can't believe it's coming out so soon!!! So excited :)
Shenanigans
*Spoilage*
***Three 1/2 Stars!***

For me, three stars for Ever After is generous. I am a bit let down and disappointed in this book. Although I do not recommend anyone skip this book if they plan on reading anymore of this series. A few things happen that will surely have you lost with the next book if you skip this one. So. Read this shit.

From the opening paragraph, something about this felt different to me. Rachel seemed off, a touch more wordy and emotional than she'd been in the last book, A P
Steven
Lost a star because of some off page death, which is a cheap cop out and a terrible way to end characters that your readers have invested in. Otherwise, an awesome book.
Lyndi
Feb 12, 2014 Lyndi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm having trouble with this series. I loved the beginning, but I'm getting a little tired of it now. The writing is fine, the characters are fine, but the plot... Jesus! It's just constant, never-ending grade-A bad shit happening to Rachel. Every single book. The odds are stacked against her, yes yes we get that. But how much shit can you pile onto a character before it just gets ridiculous? I'm thinking about 10 books worth, because this 11th was downright annoying.

Everyone's trying to kill he
AH
5 stars for another fantastic installment in the Hollows series.

I’ve loved The Hollows since I discovered the series a few years ago. I’ve stood by and watched Rachel grow and change over the course of the series. I can honestly say that this is the best book so far in the series – and I hear that there are still two more books to go.

I think what makes this series so good is its evolution of the main characters, especially that of Rachel Morgan. Rachel’s growth, her maturity, her change into a
Deea (Andreea)
Jul 25, 2015 Deea (Andreea) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, epic-reads, uf, 2013
Re-read July 2015

Everything has been said already. I'm just as blown away as the first time I read this book, and I still can't believe some of the things Kim did to those characters. Whyyyy you so evil? *wails*

Saying I loved it, heartbreak and all, is putting it mildly. This one was one of the most complex, different, action packed and emotional books in the series, and it let me a happy reader, but slightly scarred, heartbroken and hangover, so I'm going to take a short break before I read th
FoxgloveXO
No way! Since when... Even though this book was on my to-read list I hadn't even realised there was another! I love this series, actually scratch that I love Trenton Kalamack! Love him some muuucchh. Yep... That's it my awesome review for the next book in the Hollows series. :)
I can't wait and I don't know when this books come out, but I will most likely have a giant panick attack and do something stupid.
La Mala  ✌
El límite son cinco estrellas, así que le doy un

description

un messi es lo más alto que le puedo dar.... aunque más alto todavía sería un Maradona, supongo (?) aunque también valdría un Luis Suarez.. ya se imaginan el chiste obvio, no? eso de (view spoiler)

en fin, me dejó bastante boluda y

description

y otra cosa, (view spoiler). También, me encantó leer (view spoiler)
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
OMG BEST FREAKING BOOK EVER!
5+++++++ stars
I'm still riding the high of that ending!!!!! Gahhhhhhh *faints*

This review was posted at Under the Covers

January 21, 2013 Update - Review

I don't know if I'm a little biased here or not, but I admit I've loved this series from the beginning. Granted, I've had my ups and downs with it because I wasn't always a fan of what Rachel was doing or how she was acting. But she was always real and something about her carries this series forward always with growth.
Rabidreading
**Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

Another Hollows masterpiece!

Before I start my review, I would like to give a shout-out to the author. Kim Harrison, you are a genius. Eleven books into your uber-popular Hollows series and you haven't missed a single beat. The series is as fresh and entertaining now as it was when you first introduced us to Rachel and company way back in Dead Witch Walking. Thank you. You deserve a big pat on the back. And cookies. And a parade, complete with
CrimsonTyd
Jan 27, 2013 CrimsonTyd rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Where to start...The first half of the book was disappointing because nothing much happens. At all. For instance, it took nearly an entire chapter for Rachel to arrive at Trent's, get tea (which no one drank, of course), unlock a closet and look at a book.

I mean good gravy it was slooooowwww going, and on top of that it was highly repetitive.

Al was missing for nearly the entire book, which is probably why much of the fun was also missing.

I won't go into the other aspects I didn't like because
Negine
Jan 25, 2013 Negine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
So thrillingly fantastic and rather spectacular! At book 11 Kim Harrison continues to deliver an exciting and action packed storyline that builds on previous installments to near perfection. The characters that she has created continue to change, fascinate and entertain. After this many books many series get stale. The cracks in the world-building start to show and the continuity becomes non-existent; not to mention the characters become unrecognizable with little to no growth. I am ec
♔ Jᗩela ☘ Killer ⚔ QUEEN ♛
I'm so melancholic :(

"It was us three, the way I liked it, and I had a suspicion that we were at the very same booth where we had made our agreement into business together. I wondered at all the changes in our lives since then. We were all better, weren't we? I wasn't so sure anymore. I'd loved and lost. So had Ivy. So had Jenks. There was good stuff too, wasn't there?"

"Everyone wants me to protect someone. Who's going to protect me? "

Rachel feels so lonely. I hate to see her like this.
Melindeeloo
I really liked Ever After, this was my favorite Hallows book in a long time - I have been waiting for a story with more Ever-After-centric action and this was that book.

So there's a fair amount of wrangling with pesky, (cowardly,) self serving demons, and, unlike the last book, there are blessedly few (if any) TSTL moments for Rachel. There is good movement in the relationship between Trent and Rachel - they are finally starting to move in a grownup direction and beginning to understand each oth
Hollows Read-Alon...: O.O 19 169 Nov 11, 2014 07:39AM
Is it okay to like Al? 43 141 Nov 10, 2014 01:43PM
Live Video Chat with Kim Harrison 546 274 Aug 27, 2014 06:12PM
Fans of The Hollo...: Ever After Spoiler Thread 126 617 Mar 30, 2014 03:28PM
The Challenge Fac...: Angie & Belinda - Ever After 28 29 Mar 27, 2014 12:01PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Ever After by Kim Harrison 3 3 Feb 26, 2014 02:42PM
Hollows Read-Alon...: Are we group reading Ever After? 18 119 Feb 21, 2014 08:35AM
  • Chimes at Midnight (October Daye, #7)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5)
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan, #4)
  • Tempest Reborn (Jane True, #6)
Kim Harrison, author of the New York Times #1 best selling Hollows series, was born in Detroit and lived most her her life within an easy drive. She's currently working on the Peri Reed Chronicles, and when not at her desk, is most likely to be found landscaping her new/old Victorian home, in the garden, or on the links.
Kim reaches out to her audience at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KimHarris
More about Kim Harrison...

The Hollows (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
  • A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)
  • For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6)
  • White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)
  • Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8)
  • Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9)
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)

“What are you doing now?" Al questioned "Seeing if your circumcision is gone? It is.

My expression went blank, and Trent hesitated.

He looked at me, and I put a hand to my mouth, face flaming. "Oh. My. God. Trent. I'm sorry"

"Um" Trent said, clearly at a loss.

"Call me tomorrow," Al said seriously, "I've got a curse that will take care of that. Unless you like the snake in a turtleneck look”
84 likes
“You cannot thrash the person who makes you coffee. It's a rule somewhere.” 63 likes