Start by marking “Ever After (The Hallows, #11)” as Want to Read:
Ever After (The Hallows, #11)

Ever After (The Hollows #11)

4.45  ·  Rating Details ·  25,903 Ratings  ·  1,991 Reviews
Witch-turned-daywalking-demon Rachel Morgan needs to save the demonic realm of the Ever After in the eleventh entry in the New York Times bestselling Hollows series from supernatural adventure master Kim Harrison.

When Rachel sets off a chain of events that could lead to the end of the world—demonic and human—she must use her gifts to save those closest to her while prevent
Audiobook, Digital Download, Unabridged
Published January 22nd 2013 by HarperAudio (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ever After, please sign up.

Elise There is character and relationship development that carries over from one book to the next so you will, for instance, find out that a character dies…moreThere is character and relationship development that carries over from one book to the next so you will, for instance, find out that a character dies if you read them out of order but the stories themselves are pretty stand alone. She adds in enough of a summary of previous books that you wouldn't be super lost.(less)

archdandy
512 pages of Trent and Rachel on a mission together?

Photobucket
VampireNovelFan
Like the finest of wines, The Hollows gets better with age!

description

As you can see, I present definitive proof that I've indeed read the book! And man oh man is it fantastic! It's my new favorite! I normally worry about using that term too loosely because it could diminish the potential quality of the series as a whole, but I genuinely think it's the best book thus far. Kim Harrison has done it yet again and all signs point to her doing it two more times, and in epic proportions.

This time the Ever Aft
is mee... kissa
argh! i'm so obsessed with this series it's not even funny!
if i can get triple the amount of Trent in this book as the previous one, I'm gonna be very happy. shove some Al in as well and a whole lotta action and I'm gonna be extremely happy.
Obviously, since the title is 'Ever After', there's gonna be a lot of Al, and I've always been a Rachel/Trent or Rachel/Al girl, but since I can't see Rachel and Al long term, although I sure as hell wouldn't mind another kiss, I'm gonna go with Trent.
so Rac
Ferdy
Spoilers

Less a review and more a collection of ranty thoughts.

-Did Rachel really need to describe how good looking Trent was every single time she saw him? Also why was she so obsessed with how everyone smelt? Ooh Trent smells like cinnamon, ooh Quen smells like cinnamon but a different kind of cinnamon'. Enough with the pointless descriptions.

-Why was Rachel and Quen acting like Trent was a saint and some sort of speshul snowflake that would save all the elves? Trent has never been a good guy y
Alexandria
Aug 23, 2012 Alexandria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, f-m
Is it bad if i want Rachel to have Al's baby and then be with Trent?

*Update*

Epic! Everything I didn't know i wanted. As the odds stack against Rachel, you start to really feel her depression but she rises above like always with an explosive ending that was was all parts satisfying. My wishes weren't granted in this book... but theres always hope for the next book! This book left me drained even as I already begin my begging for the next one. Truly no one can write like the amazing Kim Harrison.
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
Kim Harrison is the reigning Queen of Urban Fantasy!

One of the most highly anticipated reads of 2013 for many people, Ever After by Kim Harrison most certainly will not fall short of expectations. It will, in many areas, surpass them. It will also shock, it will thrill, and my goodness it will entertain. An outstanding instalment, easily replacing any and all past favourites as the new pinnacle of the series...so far.

As is usually the case, the story picks up a couple of months after the event
Katie Michaels
Nov 06, 2012 Katie Michaels rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is my absolute favorite installment of the Hollows series to date. The best book I have read in months. I loved it. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. It's as though Kim Harrison made this book to order, handpicking all of my favorite elements of the series and letting them shine. Tons of Trent. Al. Jenks. And, of course, the ever after. It's light on Ivy, the vampire culture, witches and werewolves. And we actually see real growth in Rachel. It's like Christmas and my birthday all at once.

The s
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
“My God, you have beautiful hair in the firelight,” he said softly, and I blinked. “It’s like your thoughts, all cinnamon and wild untamed. I’ve always liked your hair.”

~ sigh ~

For those of us who have anxiously awaited each Hollows book, we knew the moment Trenton Aloysius Kalamack came on the scene that he was the one for Rachel! And what's funny is this is NOT a romance book. It is very much an Urban Fantasy! (Lord help us if KH ever decides to write a romance.)

Trent has not been nice to
Montzalee Wittmann
Ever After (The Hollows #11) by Kim Harrison is another Hollows book and that means a great novel for sure! Again Rachel is in trouble, this is a given. If it is her fault or not, she will be blamed. Lots of action, suspense, our wonderful characters of Ivy, Jenks, and Al are in it. The elves, gargoyles and demons all play a big role together in this book. There is a major loss in here too ....sob...you just have to read it to find out who. If you have been following the books it will be a big ...more
Marian
Oct 23, 2012 Marian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!! Kim Harrison, you have outdone yourself. Again. I did not think you could top "Pale Demon". Then "A Perfect Blood". I. WAS. WRONG. Quite simply, this book is pure "Magic" [written] "into existence".

This book was action from beginning to end, with returns of all our old favorites, a few new ones, and more than a few surprises") Not all of them good. But some of them are very, very good (wink). I can't elaborate on that without spoilers, but let's just say, I hav
Klint
Aug 20, 2012 Klint rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites

I get an ARC and just now I finished the book.
Its truly an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G book!!!
For me, the best in all the series. I love Pale Demon, but Ever After is like 1 million times better. Its all action.

Once I started reading it, I couldnt stop! I was so obsessed that it was not funny XD, I couldn focus at work, and I found myself reading it while I cook, sleeping 4 hours the last 3 nights because I couldnt put it down...Is addictive!!

I dont know how I will manage a review without spoilers, but I w
Duchess Nicole
I'm going to sound like such a ridiculous girl, but this entire series was worth reading JUST FOR THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK! I can't even tell you how big the loopy, goofy grin was on my face while I listened to the last chapter. In fact, I looked quite similar to this:

That's about all I wanted to say. SOOOOO many other thorough, fantabulous reviews out there. This book was a great one to get a LOT of answers, a lot of forward movement for the characters we've come to know and love. Al, Tren
Yodamom

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. The dynamic trio has been born. This one tipped the scales with action, intrigue and heart thumping moments. The last chapter left me with a smile so large it made my cheeks hurt. Did that really happen, was I dreaming ???

I need the next book, NOW !
Diane
Feb 17, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, 5-stars
Updated review:

Now that I have some time, I need to rip open a few assholes.

TRENT: Fuck him and Quen and ALL the elves. If they are the representatives of the race, then mother fuck them. Don't worry, Rachel doesn't feel the same way. It's all aces 10 and good vibes and hackey sacks and shit. I won't tell you what happens, but I consider it a betrayal BEYOND even when Trent locked her up and put her in the rat fights. For a while I thought Rachel was royally fucked. Another huge manipulation by
Marissa
Can I please give this 50 stars??? It was the BEST Hollows book to date!
I can only hope and pray and cross all my fingers & toes that things continue in the same direction they appear to heading, for everyone's sake!

I simply cannot say, think, or feel enough wonderful things about this book! However, yes there seem to always be howevers in my reviews, I am going to say I felt a little bit cheated concerning a HUGE event that happened around the middle of this book. It all occurred off-page
Shenanigans
*Spoilage*
***Three 1/2 Stars!***

For me, three stars for Ever After is generous. I am a bit let down and disappointed in this book. Although I do not recommend anyone skip this book if they plan on reading anymore of this series. A few things happen that will surely have you lost with the next book if you skip this one. So. Read this shit.

From the opening paragraph, something about this felt different to me. Rachel seemed off, a touch more wordy and emotional than she'd been in the last book, A P
Catie
The Hollows are back…and so am I! (I hope.) What better way to kick off my reviewing dust than to write about a series I’ve loved for almost a decade? Even though I was mostly disappointed last January by the slow-moving rehash of old events that was A Perfect Blood, I knew that this author wouldn’t hold still for long. This series, which now encompasses eleven books and will end at book thirteen (Thanks Megan!) never ceases to be inventive and surprising.

This book sees Rachel & Co. moving f
Erica
May 12, 2012 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like
The next Hollows book is coming out in…. 2013. Wait, what?? 2013? Did I see that correctly???
That was my initial reaction. Usually I would just give up on the series (seriously? that long?), but fortunately for Ms. Harrison, I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES and I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK. I also want to see what will happen with Trent <3<3

Edit: I can't believe it's coming out so soon!!! So excited :)
Steven
Lost a star because of some off page death, which is a cheap cop out and a terrible way to end characters that your readers have invested in. Otherwise, an awesome book.
AH
5 stars for another fantastic installment in the Hollows series.

I’ve loved The Hollows since I discovered the series a few years ago. I’ve stood by and watched Rachel grow and change over the course of the series. I can honestly say that this is the best book so far in the series – and I hear that there are still two more books to go.

I think what makes this series so good is its evolution of the main characters, especially that of Rachel Morgan. Rachel’s growth, her maturity, her change into a
Deea (Andreea)
Oct 25, 2012 Deea (Andreea) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, epic-reads, uf, 2013
Re-read July 2015

Everything has been said already. I'm just as blown away as the first time I read this book, and I still can't believe some of the things Kim did to those characters. Whyyyy you so evil? *wails*

Saying I loved it, heartbreak and all, is putting it mildly. This one was one of the most complex, different, action packed and emotional books in the series, and it let me a happy reader, but slightly scarred, heartbroken and hangover, so I'm going to take a short break before I read th
Lyndi
Sep 24, 2012 Lyndi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm having trouble with this series. I loved the beginning, but I'm getting a little tired of it now. The writing is fine, the characters are fine, but the plot... Jesus! It's just constant, never-ending grade-A bad shit happening to Rachel. Every single book. The odds are stacked against her, yes yes we get that. But how much shit can you pile onto a character before it just gets ridiculous? I'm thinking about 10 books worth, because this 11th was downright annoying.

Everyone's trying to kill he
Lulah
Feb 25, 2012 Lulah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No way! Since when... Even though this book was on my to-read list I hadn't even realised there was another! I love this series, actually scratch that I love Trenton Kalamack! Love him some muuucchh. Yep... That's it my awesome review for the next book in the Hollows series. :)
I can't wait and I don't know when this books come out, but I will most likely have a giant panick attack and do something stupid.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
OMG BEST FREAKING BOOK EVER!
5+++++++ stars
I'm still riding the high of that ending!!!!! Gahhhhhhh *faints*

This review was posted at Under the Covers

January 21, 2013 Update - Review

I don't know if I'm a little biased here or not, but I admit I've loved this series from the beginning. Granted, I've had my ups and downs with it because I wasn't always a fan of what Rachel was doing or how she was acting. But she was always real and something about her carries this series forward always with growth.
Rabidreading
**Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

Another Hollows masterpiece!

Before I start my review, I would like to give a shout-out to the author. Kim Harrison, you are a genius. Eleven books into your uber-popular Hollows series and you haven't missed a single beat. The series is as fresh and entertaining now as it was when you first introduced us to Rachel and company way back in Dead Witch Walking. Thank you. You deserve a big pat on the back. And cookies. And a parade, complete with
La Mala ✌
El límite son cinco estrellas, así que le doy un

description

un messi es lo más alto que le puedo dar.... aunque más alto todavía sería un Maradona, supongo (?) aunque también valdría un Luis Suarez.. ya se imaginan el chiste obvio, no? eso de (view spoiler)

en fin, me dejó bastante boluda y

description

y otra cosa, (view spoiler). También, me encantó leer (view spoiler)
Negine
Aug 20, 2012 Negine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it ♥
So thrillingly fantastic and rather spectacular! At book 11 Kim Harrison continues to deliver an exciting and action packed storyline that builds on previous installments to near perfection. The characters that she has created continue to change, fascinate and entertain. After this many books many series get stale. The cracks in the world-building start to show and the continuity becomes non-existent; not to mention the characters become unrecognizable with little to no growth. I am e
Brittni
Nov 26, 2012 Brittni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Omg I loved this freaking book!!! It was sooooo good!!! Kim Harrison is a genius!!!! I seriously can't get enough of this serious!!! I can't wait to read the next one!! I need more Trent in my life!!!
Jess
Dec 11, 2012 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: A

“I’ve had a very bad week, Newt. A very bad week. And to top it off, I don’t have anything in my closet that is suitable to wear while saving the world.”

Oh my, this book. I don’t even know where to start, but I felt like this book was the one I’ve been waiting for, for years. It shows growth from all the characters, characters are starting to change along with relationships, and things seem to be lining up for how everything may fall as the
Urban Fantasy ser...: January SRA: EVER AFTER by Kim Harrison 1 7 Jan 04, 2017 06:42AM
Hollows Read-Alon...: O.O 19 169 Nov 11, 2014 07:39AM
Is it okay to like Al? 43 143 Nov 10, 2014 01:43PM
Live Video Chat with Kim Harrison 546 275 Aug 27, 2014 06:12PM
Fans of The Hollo...: Ever After Spoiler Thread 126 673 Mar 30, 2014 03:28PM
The Challenge Fac...: Angie & Belinda - Ever After 28 29 Mar 27, 2014 12:01PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Ever After by Kim Harrison 3 3 Feb 26, 2014 02:42PM
  • Chimes at Midnight (October Daye, #7)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Dead Man's Deal (The Asylum Tales, #2)
  • Mountain Echoes (Walker Papers, #8)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
Kim Harrison, author of the New York Times #1 best selling Hollows series, was born in Detroit and lived most her her life within an easy drive. She's currently working on the Peri Reed Chronicles, and when not at her desk, is most likely to be found landscaping her new/old Victorian home, in the garden, or on the links.
Kim reaches out to her audience at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KimHarris
More about Kim Harrison...

The Hollows (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
  • A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)
  • For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6)
  • White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)
  • Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8)
  • Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9)
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)

“What are you doing now?" Al questioned "Seeing if your circumcision is gone? It is.

My expression went blank, and Trent hesitated.

He looked at me, and I put a hand to my mouth, face flaming. "Oh. My. God. Trent. I'm sorry"

"Um" Trent said, clearly at a loss.

"Call me tomorrow," Al said seriously, "I've got a curse that will take care of that. Unless you like the snake in a turtleneck look”
89 likes
“You cannot thrash the person who makes you coffee. It's a rule somewhere.” 69 likes