Further Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman, #2)

Further Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  223 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Take three wacky aunts,
two talking animals,
one nervous bride,
and an upcoming hit,
and you've got the follow-up
to JB Lynn's wickedly funny

Knocking off a drug kingpin was the last thing on Maggie Lee's to-do list, but when a tragic accident leaves her beloved niece orphaned and in the hospital, Maggie will go to desperate lengths to land the money needed for her care.

But the...more
Published October 16th 2012 by Avon Impulse

Be the first to ask a question about Further Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman

Misty
Funny and gritty at the same time, Further Confessions is an excellent follow-up to the first book in the series. Maggie gets herself into a pickle at work, with her family, with her best friend and all the men in her life. Domesday was my favorite seconadary character this round, and I enjoyed the addition of Zeke. I hope he'll be back in the next book!
Amy R
This is such a fun series. JB Lynn writes a great story and adds such depth to her characters. They all have their quirks and I just love Godzilla and DeeDee. A lizard with such wit and snark is funny enough alone, but to add a big, lovable, grammatically-challenged Doberman is hilarious. This is a book that has so much going on, you won’t want to put it down until you find out how everything turns out. I really think the first book needs to be read before this one. It will help in understanding...more
Silver James
Further Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman is a wonderful "sophomore" edition to the NEUROTIC HITWOMAN series. I'm sometimes disappointed in second books. That is absolutely NOT the case with this book. Where the first book was a trip to the fun house, this book is more like a log ride at the amusement park. There are parts where you float along, enjoying the ride, laughing and talking with your friends before drifting around a corner and getting drenched with buckets of cold water. All...more
Diana

I just loved this book. As part of my work, I read a lot of "serious" non-fiction during the day, including both the Economist and the International Herald Tribune. By the end of the day, I'm ready for something funny that will get me to chuckle. Humor is a very personal thing and some allegedly hilarious books don't get me laughing. JB Lynn gets it just right for me. I have a soft spot for any author who succeeds in making a dog "talk" (many including Rudyard Kipling have tried, but often it fa...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Solid sequel. I still love Maggie as a heroine as well as her animal sidekicks.

I still love Patrick too. Maggie's family is still crazy but everyone came through by the end of the book. I wanted to put a hurt on Alice a few times. Pregnant or not, she was pretty bitchy to Maggie a few times. She did come through, but she needed a hitch slap to put her in line, in my opinion.

I adored Zeke! I so wanted something to happen on that front. J.B., please tell me that we will see Zeke again! I was shock...more
Kat McKay
I won this book on Goodread giveaways and it is an excellent book! I'm always so happy when I get a book that I can't seem to put down. This was so well written and such a good story. It kept me guessing the whole time on what was going to happen next. The only downside was that I haven't read the previous one!
If you like books with quirky family members, a strong heroine and lots of comic relief, but all mixed in with a thriller type of story then this is a good book for you!
Thanks for the giv...more
Donna Huber
I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. At the same time I just want to give Maggie a big hug. I've decided between Patrick and Paul. And definitely there is more to come!! Read my full review at Girl Who Reads
B.E.
JB Lynn does it again with another light-hearted romp through the world of professional murders-for-hire, talking pets, and hunky men. Not only that but she manages to do it all while tugging at your heart. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next.
Sydney
Enjoyed this book even more than the first. I love there's a lot happening but the plot doesn't get held down. I'm off to read the Hitwoman and the family jewels next!!
Hannah
Won this book through GoodRead First Read giveaways!

Loved this book so much and will have to get the prequel! Highly recommend it for others.
Dee Haddrill
I'm going to start this review with the fact that I did indeed love it, but now I'm going to whinge (and not about the writing or the story). This is one of those series where I find myself getting annoyed on behalf of the main character, because she never seems to get a break. People are constantly wanting and needing and mean and nasty and selfish, and never give the poor main character a break! I found myself wanting to punch a few characters in the face on Maggie's behalf. Still, it's mostly...more
Amanda
Is there going to be more books in this series? I sure hope so, I just loved the first two!
D.M. Kilgore
Feb 28, 2014 D.M. Kilgore rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a fun, rowdy, adventure with the best "side kicks" ever written!
Recommended to D.M. by: Kelsey Keating
J.B. Lynn does it again. So much fun it should be illegal! I dare say, the addition of the fabulous Doomsday might even make this sequel better than the original. I finished this book in record time. I simply couldn't put it down. As always, Maggie Lee and her "friends" kept me giggling late into the night. I've never had so much fun reading a series. I've downloaded every book and plan to move straight on to the next one.

There are a couple of small typos about mid-way through the Kindle edition...more
Linda Denison
I found it as enjoyable as the first one.
Sandy
A quirky, fun read!
Lisa
This is the fabulous follow up to the first book in this series Confessions of a Neurotic Hitwoman. JB Lynn is still a fairly new author. This is her third book and i have read all three and the one thing that i have liked is that you can't see what's coming. There's no predictability. You can't see what's coming. Not even a little. lol In this book she does that and also the book is has serious feeling since she's supposed to kill someone but also has all these humorous moments. Not to mention...more
Dianne
3.5 Stars -A Better Than OK Read

This is the second book in this series, and while it usually is fairly easy to pick up a book this early in the series without reading the previous ones, this time I would suggest you read the first book before this. It will make it so much easier to catch up to what is going on.

This book disappointed me a bit. While the first book was unique, interesting ad engrossing – this book just seemed like one of so many romances that are so common out there. Maggie seems...more
Lester Allen
Continuing the fun with the whole gang back for more murder.

Continuing the fun with the whole gang back for more murder.

I really enjoyed the Continued adventures of Maggie and Godzilla and DD.. As with the first book this one continually leaves you hanging and an unusual ending always follows. The interplay between Maggie and her pets is part of the enjoyment of this book.

As with the first book I can't wait to finish the next book to see what the next adventure will be. As with the first book y...more
Sheryl
I received Further Confessions as a Goodreads giveaway. I had not read the first novel in the series and it may have been helpful. It took me a while to keep all of the characters straight.

This story is a zany ride following the heroine, Maggie, through her adventures working in an insurance call center by day and moonlighting as a hitwoman to earn money for her niece to continue receiving medical care. She has a cast of characters to support her endeavors including wacky aunts, her pets, a ding

Corie
Such a fun, slightly neurotic read. Love the characters. Especially the pets.
Alana
This series is such a nice break from all the emotional reads. ♥d it! Maybe even more than the 1st one.
Kelsey Keating
Uh May Zing. JB Lynn has done it again. I loved following Maggie through this second hilarious, fast paced thrill-ride known as her life. It had the right amount of everything: Romance, humor, intrigue, insanity, and drama. JB never disappoints. Book 2 is just as good as the first, if a bit more of a tease.
Can't wait to read book 3. Salivating for my chance!
Now time to play the waiting game.
Lea
At first I thought it was poorly written but then I got into it and enjoyed it thoroughly. But I'm kind of a sucker for talking animals.
Mary
You can read my take here.
Holly (Gladriel Fae)
Another funny, quick and enjoyable read. The characters are likable and enduring and I hope there will be another in the series.
Michelle Cable
Definitely should read the first one in the series if you want to understand all of the book. Overall an ok story.
Victoria Shepherd
Reminds me a little of Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum books, but without the snappy pacing and hikarious sidekick.
Chari
Not as good as the first one, but still cute. Brainless read.
Tracy
The first one was better, but still...
Amanda
When does the next one come out??
  • The Gift of Stoppage Time
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • Seduction on the Sand (The Billionaires of Barefoot Bay, #2)
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Just What He Wanted (Holloway, #4)
  • All Fired Up (DreamMakers, #1)
  • No Experience Required (A Summer Rains Novel)
  • Under Construction
  • Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #5)
  • Shades of Passion (SIG, #3)
  • Snowbound with a Billionaire
  • Scandalize Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #2)
  • Fighting To Ride (Bantorus MC, #5)
  • Red Hot Holiday
  • Take Me Home (Country Roads, #1)
  • The Slow Burn of Silence
  • Don't Look Away (Veronica Sloan, #1)
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
Author of:

The Hitwoman and the Neurotic Witness

The Hitwoman Hunts a Ghost

The Mutt and the Matchmaker

The First Victim

When a fan told her that she's a "fabulous author", a "great sport", and a "very cool chick", JB Lynn immediately thought, "that's wh...more
More about J.B. Lynn...
The Hitwoman Gets Lucky (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman, #3) Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman, #1) The Hitwoman and the Neurotic Witness (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman, #5) The First Victim The Hitwoman and the Family Jewels (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman, #4)