Start by marking “The Flat Stanley Collection (Four Complete Books)” as Want to Read:
The Flat Stanley Collection (Four Complete Books)

The Flat Stanley Collection (Flat Stanley)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  189 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Stanley Lambchop is an ordinary boy. At least he was, until the night his bulletin board fell off the wall and flattened him. At only half an inch thick, Stanley can slide under doors, mail himself across the country in an envelope, and fly like a kite!

And that's only the start of Stanley's adventures. In these four tales, Stanley also becomes invisible and helps nab some
Published July 31st 2012 by HarperCollins (first published February 18th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Flat Stanley Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flat Stanley Collection

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Dianna Geers for TeensReadToo.com

Stanley is a boy who certainly handles the unexpected. In the first book of this four-book collection, FLAT STANLEY, Stanley is suddenly flattened when a bulletin board lands on him. His worried parents take him to the doctor who says everything is fine. Instead of Stanley being discouraged by his situation, he discovers some perks that come with being flat. He's able to fly like a kite, go to California in an envelope, and even help catch thieves. Ho
Margaret
Genre:
Ages 7-10
Pages: Trade Paperback
Date Published: 2014
Publisher: HARPER

Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1) by Jeff Brown Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3) by Jeff Brown Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4) by Jeff Brown Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6) by Jeff Brown
Kaylee Warzecha
Kids thought that this book was hilarious and wanted to read it multiple times. Such a cute story with great pictures.
Jaquelinne Perez
I thought this book was fun to read. It was also fun to laugh at some of the pictures. I also noticed how much detail he put to the pictures and how he phrased it. I also liked how it taught you how you can always be helpful for everything even if you are flag like Stanley.
Christina
The original Flat Stanley was a fun read with the kids. They were amused by Stanley's adventures and I had fun reading it to them. However, the other books didn't hold our attention (neither the kids' nor mine) as well. We listened to some of them on tape, and then read the last one, Stanley, Flat Again. They just seemed a bit more contrived and forced. Probably a one-time read for us, but the kids might enjoy them again when they can read the books themselves.
Melanie
We read this entire collection at bedtime with my kids. I remember liking the first book as a child, but re-reading it, and the others in the series was actually a let-down. The plots were odd and I didn't come to love the characters at all. A good, traditional chapter book, however, that my kids enjoyed well-enough.
Kristin
While I enjoyed the original Flat Stanley story, I found the rest of them to be rather lame. The entertainment factor seems pretty low to me. The stories are a bit flat, pun unabashedly intended.
Joanne
It's for students. I learned about it from them. I loved the concept. He likes his predicaments, because they enable him to have adventures inexpensively and safely...I'm all for that!
Theresa
A short story of the miss adventures of a little boy who is flattened and what he can do with the powers and abilities open to him.
Colleen
Zach thought these books were hilarious as Stanley dealt with the different problems his flat, invisible, gigantic, etc. body faced.
Christina
Cute stories.... but the narrator reads a little too fast for my taste. I'm not sure younger children can follow the entire story.
Gina Weibel
I like the first the best, but I always like a series to help me keep a book in the kids' hands!
Katherine
My boys and I cheered as soon as we heard the voice and realized it was Daniel Pinkwater! Yay!
Lauren
I read this book back in3rd grade, but do not remember the summary.
Erin
We love reading the Flat Stanley books at our house.
Poison
cute read it when i was younger!
♥ Indu
Feb 02, 2008 ♥ Indu rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 7-all ages
Recommended to ♥ Indu by: mom
This book is very unsual and funny.
Katie
this is so ah-dorable
Erica Layne
Erica Layne marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Andrea M
Andrea M marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Anne Hamilton
Anne Hamilton marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
  • Ivy and Bean's Treasure Box
  • Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Junie B. Jones, #1-4)
  • The Enormouse Pearl Heist (Geronimo Stilton, #51)
  • Horrid Henry Wakes The Dead
  • Magic Tree House: #1-8 [Collection]
  • Don't Swap Your Sweater for a Dog (Roscoe Riley Rules, #3)
  • Talent Show Scardey-Pants (Ready, Freddy! #5)
  • Dolphin Adventure: A True Story
  • What Makes Day and Night
  • Fancy Nancy: Fancy Day in Room 1-A
  • The Children's Illustrated Bible
  • Archaeologists Dig for Clues
  • Amelia Bedelia Unleashed (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #2)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Nate the Great San Francisco Detective
  • Return to Atlantis (Choose Your Own Adventure, #78)
  • Oliver
  • No Children, No Pets

Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, F
More about Jeff Brown...
Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1) Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6) Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4) Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2) Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)