Start by marking “Dark Warrior” as Want to Read:
Dark Warrior

Dark Warrior (Warrior #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  242 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Mary wakes in the darkness of a dungeon after being abducted by a fearsome warrior. Suddenly her prison door opens to reveal a large man hidden in black shroud. He calls himself Michael, the Dark One. As a favour to his friend Magnus (from Legendary Warrior), Michael has come to rescue her. They travel across unknown territory seeking safety, and Mary falls in love with Mi ...more
Published April 17th 2012 by Avon (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Warrior

Jeene Hobbs
wow!?! what a gripping story

This is a strong story filled with escape, mystery, and romance set at a time when the Church doggedly pursued heretics. Well written and hard to put down.

It was nice to read about Magnus, Reena, Thomas and Brigid again. The Dark One made a cameo appearance in Legendary Warrior. He returns as our hero rescuing the Mary that Magnus saved all those years ago. Much like the Legend/Magnus, there are two very different sides to Michael, the Dark One.

This pair of books is
Elis Madison
Mary has been hiding all her life. She's the daughter of a renowned teacher, who was branded heretic, tortured and killed along with her mother, and the church means to do the same to Mary, even though she was only a child when her parents died. You'd think that after several years not hearing a word of a little girl, they'd have given up, wouldn't you? Nope, the church, specifically an inquisitor named Decimus, has a long memory, and he still wants her.

The man who delivered her years ago, Magn
Antoinette Lewis
It was different the concept struggle and fight
StrangeBedfellows
The synopsis for this book sounded very cool, romantic, and fun. And at first, I did enjoy this story. But about halfway through things just became ridiculous and irritating. There's a surprise twist that I don't want to give away by going into too much detail, but the characters' actions in several instances made me roll my eyes in disgust and irritation. Putting the customary melodrama of historical romances aside, the story wasn't believable.
Lin
good book... riveting story with nice twist. Enjoyable read
Natalie
So... I had never read a romance novel before this one. It was my first year in college and so sick of the guys I was around that I picked up any book and it was this one. I grabbed a pint of ice cream and stayed up reading. It sure made me smile and feel better. So I gave it Five stars because it has a personal connection.
Kristina
I loved the story and the characters...until the end. The twist left you scratching your head. The resolution just felt rushed which left certain details unresolved for the reading. I still gave this book a high rating as I did truly like the plot an the idea behind the twist. I'm happy I read it.
Tiffany
I enjoyed this story much better than the first. While some parts were sort of repetitive, they were not overly annoying. I enjoyed the relationship ship between Mary and The Dark One but wished we learned a little more about how they fared. Also his true identity was pretty obvious.
Blender
This was a great story, so many twists and turns. The ending did feels rushed but overall a good read.
Hanna B
I predicted the end about 30 pages in. but Oh well it was pretty good.
Lissette Hicks
Really good. A somewhat different plot. The ending seemed rushed.
Holly
One of the best stories I've ever read!
Nicole
Needlessly Byzantine.
Heather Harden
Heather Harden marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Adnana
Adnana marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 25, 2015
  • The Witch and the Warrior (Warriors, #2)
  • The Warrior (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #1)
  • The Conqueror
  • His Conquest (MacGruder Brothers, #3)
  • The Christmas Knight
  • The Brat
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • The Bride Of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #1)
  • The Warlord's Bride (King John,  #4)
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • Her Highland Protector (Gilvrys Of Dunross, #2)
  • Parallel Seduction (Midnight Warriors, #3)
  • My Valiant Knight
  • Highlander in Love (Lockhart Family, #3)

Warrior (2 books)
  • Legendary Warrior (Warrior, #1)
Return of the Rogue (Sinclare Brothers, #1) The Highlander's Forbidden Bride (Sinclare Brothers, #4) The Irish Devil (Irish Eyes, #1) (Irish Eyes Duo, #1) Bound to a Warrior (The Warrior King, #1) The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers, #3)